It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow is PI the name of God?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: anonentity

Universes. Plural.

That's why it was double posted.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: GBP/JPY

We perceive mass, as a function of consciousness , if it were not for that it wouldn't exist. Mass doesn't perceive consciousness. It all a one way trip , C=m lol

When one's mind is quiet; words can come from everything or basically; mass coming in contact with other mass due to force of them interacting. Such a state is one long referred to in Zen/Chan that can in an instant be a catalyst for enlightenment. There are vibrations of contact between things that can vibrate as words in the ear... but are not actually words being said by anyone; but there is a phenomena of words being formed.

The traditional koan; it is a question that cannot be answered by any sort of analytical thinking. So the practice is to hold the question always before oneself in all one is doing like a mantra; what is the sound of one hand clapping? What is the sound of one hand clapping? A book falls to the floor making a loud clapping noise... Ding! The universe just provided the answer. So going back to the Master... and they ask what is the sound of one hand clapping? You say; A book falling on the floor. The the both of you can share a laugh because indeed tis so.

It is a gate between the relative as subjective experience; and the absolute as experience... both are natural; but with a mind running wild in relation to the subjective, such becomes slave or subject to subject itself, and misses out on the absolute...

If one were to think only peace arises from dwelling in the absolute? Then they do not know Zen. Both balance each other... unawareness of the absolute is not the middle way; it becomes one of extremes in chasing subject then taking a rest to chase more subject, when the absolute is the rest not subjecting anything to subject not even oneself... simply being; or just a mass with potiential for consciousness.

edit on 26-3-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

Wow is PI the name of God?

The Original name of God, basically is an equation.

Absolute nonsense!
You sound like the Jehovah Witnesses claiming that they, alone, know God's 'name' by which he responds.
What ignorant vanity!
God, being Omni-, One, is all inclusive!
That means that every 'name' is God's name!
Every hand is God's hand!
Every eye is God's eye!

It was very simply stated when Moses asked God's name, he was not given one (preventing idolatry and ignorance);
"I Am that I Am!
We Are that We Are!"

Not anything exists that is not God!
To say that 'this is', and 'that isn't' God('s), is just ignorance and shortsightedness and vanity.

He was just describing the content of the video referenced in the OP, nothing more.

Everyone jumps when they see the word God with their own strong bias.

Just watch the video and then you'll be up to speed on what we're really talking about here, which is a very very fascinating puzzle.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

That's simply because bias has made the concept itself biased. Holding onto any view; as view is occuring as a constantly arising and passing phenomena is to be blind. A; cant see the forest for all the trees situation... a name does not define anything in and of itself it is just a placeholder for an agreed concept to a form tangible or intangible... but that name is actually just a variable. Green, Vert, Verde all different and yet point to the same concept in perception, change the perception and the concept falls apart such as in color blindness or the dark... so perception is also a variable.

The only thing that allows both of those variables to keep some sort of constant? Is an agreement in them as existent; otherwise non sequitur. Like at the end of dinner and someone says ready for dessert? And you say that appetizer looks good. Yes, order but would such an order be cause for chaos? If one holds the view that dessert must be sweet? Yes. But who would be at fault for the chaos; with such an order?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

en.wikipedia.org...
Here in the wiki. Has the original Hebrew script next to it. It looks pretty convincing.

edit on 26-3-2017 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annunak1
No the name of The Creator is Ryan. Wich also happens to be my name. Therefore i am "God"

"Why does it always Ryan on me? Is it because I lied when I was seventeen..."

So it's all your fault, huh?

*side eyes god*

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

en.wikipedia.org...
Here in the wiki. Has the original Hebrew script next to it. It looks pretty convincing.

If you can show me a direct correlation between the Hebrew letters and Pi that doesn't just sorta look like the symbol for Pi, but an actual connection - then I'll sit up and take notice in a hurry, but I haven't yet seen that analysis.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Well as said in the chaos and order business; the unknown would be thought of as chaos until we put it into some order or definition... but that in and of itself does not change anything except bring chaos to what is already naturally in order. For communicaions sake labeling is seen as order; to fail at communicating the concept disorder or chaos. So even if both take to silence between each other, will the internal match the external? If the internal in silence between the two is one of chaos then the only order stands outside of that, so when one brings that internal chaos outside it hopes to settle it in the same order in a balance or rectification... of course this in motion just goes round and round and round. So bringing order inside to match the order outside is peace; if there is chaos outside then order can still remain inside.

This play continues on and on giving rise to the countless myriad of things, tangible and intangible... much of it repeats over and over and over, even though a name or form may change the repetition is still there... such as the all of everything is in a constant state of contact with everything else; there is an illusion of separateness, but beynd the concept of separate where all is contact? I am touching your nose right now, as you are touching a galaxy billions and billions of miles away and yet I am too... we all are.

These proofs are repetitions; many various cultures have had them many perhaps unknown of course would have them too, everything is in nature as it is nothing cannot ever be outside of nature so all that can repeat will repeat... dogma of terms may change but the nature of whatever it is arising and passing will not... such a thing is a constant but in awareness that depends on focus, view how much of it is covered up hiding whatever it is in it's true nature? The silly thing is; that true nature is always there never covered up, but the concepts of all of this in differentiation? Poof covered up... so we become blind to what is always in order in the choice of the chaos of concept that the mind holds onto.

Repetition of patterns occur everywhere, without it form would not seem to occur at all formlessness or void is the poteintial for form to develop, but yet void is nonattached... it is the dimension parallel to the one of form inseperable. What occurs in it or this may be known or unknown depending on observation of what arises and passes in the spheres or planes of reference; holding onto phenomena in any sphere of reference only limits or burdens whomever is holding onto such.

Conceptual knowledge is infinite the grasping at any of it being permanent or even existant outside of the conceptual or the agreement to it existing is going to remain ignorant to all that exists outside of such a thing or in the void of formlessness. This is likely from where the other intelligence manifests; of course we have sort of the same effect on that side as well... just opposite in effect.

Whether such effects be seen as good or bad on either side of that experience? Same as view... relative to the observer or one holding onto such a thing.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   

God has no name.

The tao that can be told
is not the eternal Tao
The name that can be named
is not the eternal Name.

The unnamable is the eternally real.
Naming is the origin
of all particular things.

Free from desire, you realize the mystery.
Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations.

Yet mystery and manifestations
arise from the same source.
This source is called darkness.

Darkness within darkness.
The gateway to all understanding.
acc6.its.brooklyn.cuny.edu...

There are no things really - there is simply what there is - and what there is never forms any solid thing.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

False. God has 9 billion names.

A particularly pertinent tale:
downlode.org...
edit on 3/26/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

God is the unnamable.
God is all seeing and all knowing and all particular things appear within the seeing/knowing.
The truth is hidden in plain sight.
edit on 26-3-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Did you read the story?
It's really good.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

No - did you contemplate what I wrote?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Yes. I understand that god has no name.

Now read the story. It's really good. It's been a very long time since I first read it, and it's still really good.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Interesting bit of Arthur C. It just occurred to me that some guy could have just done a few calculations with PI and used seven to see what he came up with, then just noticed that it looked a lot like the name of "I am I am" written in the old script and decided, to have some alien fun. It then being a pure coincidence ...that 3.14 is the place in the Bible that it is mentioned, but were still getting a lot of coincidences considering a random number sequence hitting that chapter and verse, from all the others it could have turned up in.
Actually where is Bedlam when you need him?
edit on 26-3-2017 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Now read the story. It's really good. It's been a very long time since I first read it, and it's still really good.

Can you say what is so good about it?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

You want a book report?

Never mind.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

You want a book report?

No - just your take on it.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
The story has an intriguing introduction. Though dated, the description of the basis of computer science is quite remarkable. The quaint description of the computer itself is somewhat nostalgic. Character development is sparse but satisfying.

The notion of using a computer for the purpose described provides a good relevance to this thread.

It is, of course, the denouement which makes the story shine (get it?). But I will not spoil the end for others who may not know it.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Thank you for your reply. Sorry the story did nothing for me but thanks anyway.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join