It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living With Sasquatches

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Who said anything about them being a horrible person? They simply don't understand how replies work and I educated them.

My contribution is the same unanswered question over and over again. Why does she still not know what the change was for? it's a huge plot hole by a poor writer.
edit on 27-3-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

And to think It would only take a simple step and a few bucks to prove this. But I guess the mystery is much better than actual proof.

Thank you networkdude, for stepping in with a contribution.

These critters are being filmed.
Sometimes successfully.
I dont really believe ATS wants to cross that line.

Those systems seem pricey, but more than adequate. Wifi capable too.
I would not waste my money though. It is suspected they are capable of seeing infrared light. They will throw things at it or get behind it and snatch it.

If you would like try it for yourself.
Another contributor gave pretty good directions to a hot spot earlier in the thread.

I can recommend placing the cameras up high and pointing cameras at each other.

At best you will get video of sticks and rocks destroying your $1000 av equipment.

If you do get lucky and manage to score.
Get the info protected asap.

Then expect a visit from some folks that are not going to be very happy with with you at all.

You could try to use your super mason powers on them, but I wouldnt recommend it.

Its just a dumb ape right?

Luckily, you can set up the system so the cameras are outside and the recording device is inside. If the (target) was to damage the camera, you lost about $100 and would have gained the smoking gun bigfoot evidence worth millions.

No. Luckily YOU can setup cameras and play that game for awhile, and accept all those millions.

Im done with that. As I said, I am not here to prove their existence.

Ive never seen a clear picture of Jesus either.
Have you?

Plenty of photos and videos already.
Good luck with it.
How many photographs do you need?
How long a video?

Worth millions to whom? Exactly.

I would love for the mystery to be true and Bigfoot to exist, but as they say in the business, pics or it didn't happen.

So Jesus didnt happen?
Thank you for the clarification.

In other words, cool story bro.

Thanks, ....sister? (is this a trick?)

My mason voodoo does't work on primates.

I never said it worked on primates.

I said you could try to use your super mason powers on D.O.I. field agents.

But I wouldnt recommend it.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: BASSPLYR
I agree!

Thank you BlueEyedDevilWoman for taking the time to start this thread.

I love the mysteries that are hidden among ATS. It was threads like this one that brought me to ATS and keeps me coming back!

Life is a mystery. The fun is trying to figure them all out!

Thank you for contributing, life indeed is a mystery.

A wealth of information is buried here on ATS.
Im glad you enjoyed it.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
You don't happen to live near Decatur area, do you? I appreciate you sharing your story. It is interesting. I don't fault you for being afraid either. Though, you probably have viewed this testimony video of a truck driver that witnessed a Sasquatch get hit by a truck...I thought I still will share his story too.

Thank you for adding the video, I have not watched it, I have had it come up on my feed. So I cant really comment on it at this time. After awhile it becomes redundant.

"We were walking thru the woods.....blah blah.....bad feeling, heard sticks breaking..........blah blah....i thought i was going to die.....i peed my pants.....screams....blah blah.....ill never go back there again."....lol its 80% the same stuff.

My main focus now is encouraging other people to step out and share their personal encounters or family "heirlooms" .

I believe by accepting these critters as a commonly acknowledged fact. We can encourage others in our L.E. and Military communities to come forward with facts surrounding this subject.

I live in SW Alabama, Decatur is a good ways north of my location.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: CynConcepts

Thats a fascinating report about the truck driver.

I was just listening to a podcast from a trucker in washington whos big rig hit a squatch. Said the animal charged out from the woods at the bigrig and got clipped by the rear sidepanel of the trailer. Messed up the side panel good. The creature was knocked out on the side of the road. Trucker stopped a mile or so down road to inspect damage. Found hairs on trailer. Didnt know what to do with them and discarded them.

I wonder if alpha males feel bigrigs are challenging them or something. I wouldnt charge and elephand not even as a bluff. A bigrig is the equivalent of a elephant to them. Bigrig vs squatch it appears big rig wins.

I heard some researches in Texas talking about Christmas lights had some disorienting effect on them. Recommend using them year round your home.

I wonder how lit up this trailer and rig were?

Some truckers go the extra mile when decorating their trailer and rig.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Who said anything about them being a horrible person? They simply don't understand how replies work and I educated them.

My contribution is the same unanswered question over and over again. Why does she still not know what the change was for? it's a huge plot hole by a poor writer.

No Im forcing you into submission in front of everone.
If it is worth it to you.
You will do what I said.

Or continue to be ignored.
Im in control.
Got that?

If you have a question or statement, make it, and quit trashing up my thread.......boy.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

It doesn't seem like you are, but your statement definitely supports the idea you need attention.

Creating a straw man so you don't have to answer questions about your fake story is classic hoax material.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Did you not even read the OP? The change is part of the story. Nice shiny change.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Uh yeah. I read it. I dont see any change in there. She said modified version of the events. Ive been known to leave out details before and for several good reasons. None of which pertain to fraud. So whats your point?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Then you didn't read it. Read it again. She also confirmed that part was "true" to another poster but will not answer why after all this time she doesn't know why. The story is fake.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Uh yeah. I read it. I dont see any change in there. She said modified version of the events. Ive been known to leave out details before and for several good reasons. None of which pertain to fraud. So whats your point?

If it would quote the statement, I would answer it.

But no, it just keeps babbling about ......several things.

I think I accidentally insulted it.
I apologized.

I dont know?
NetworkDude apparently didnt see anything wrong with his remarks.

I could get nastier, but thats troll food.

So Ill just ignore him.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

After about 10 seconds of us standing there. Mr. Devil Man tells me to "wait here". Which I did, because I truly felt I was dead anyway. He takes a few steps towards the pond, reaches in his pocket, kneels down and throws down a handful of change.

I believe this is the anecdote in question and I also would like to know the relevance.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

What did you accidentally insult me with? I doubt someone of your caliber could ever insult me...

I'm sorry you don't understand how this works. This isn't the gray area. You were called out and are ignoring the gaping holes in your story.

The only one insulted is you as you resort to ad hominem and desire to be dominant. It's ok that you didn't understand how replies work or that the reply linked to the post in question. Your defensive behavior exposes your intent.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I asked a few basic questions about the story early on, one of which was about OP's "mate" tossing the change.

It seemed to be an integral part of the story ... yet ... 9 pages on ... not even the slightest attempt at a reasonable explanation.

I also wondered why OP's "mate" didn't just say ... "Look honey, I've been wandering out in the woods at night and I've discovered a whole new species and am in the process of studying their culture, learning their ways and "language" ... instead, "the mate" drags OP out in the middle of the night into (apparent) extreme danger.

Normally, that's just fine ... but in a story in which we are asked for such an astounding suspension of disbelief ... why can't we have just a few of these sorts of details nailed down?

Further, why would OP respond to you in such a manner on ATS ... as if "she" is asserting dominance or something. Note, that as you're shifting some of the attention away from her as the focus here ... you have now become a "thing."

A little too NPD if you know what I mean.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of flack for this so let me start out with a disclaimer. Personally I have always been fascinated by bigfoot sightings. With all the unexplored, uninhabited wilderness in many countries, it doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility to me that a creature such as that could be living deep in the forest undiscovered. I certainly am not the type to just blanket discount any report of such a thing. I enjoy reading the encounters, have watched numerous documentaries (not the new History channel nonsense, the good stuff back in the day). I try to maintain an open mind about whether such a creature actually exists, pending evidence beyond anecdotal stories. I've actually reworded this a number of times to try not to sound adversarial or mocking. My intention is not attack or ridicule. That being said, a few things healthy thoughts from your neighborhood skeptic:

At least in the US, the notion that game commission, federal forest service, or other such federal/state employees (including state/county/local LEOs) would not report encounters for fear of losing their jobs just doesn't make sense. How do you reconcile that with the fact that numerous such people HAVE reported encounters and even done interviews with media and investigators, and didn't lose their jobs? Pretty much every documentary I've seen on the subject includes interviews with such folks. It just doesn't add up. That's just conspiracy theorist junk, at least in the US. I can't speak to how other countries' governments handle that. Throwing cute little details like that in that are easily debunked just makes it harder to get yourself taken seriously.

Furthermore, the assertion that skeptics need to disprove that it exists is not helpful at all. This isn't how science works. If you want to be taken seriously by the scientific community, I suggest you embrace its methods. The burden of proof is on the claimant. It's generally impossible to disprove something exists. Approaching any subject from that direction is completely illogical and will get you nowhere. I'm not saying you're all liars, but until verifiable physical evidence can be produced most people will remain skeptical, and for good reason. I do agree that the sheer number of sightings lends some degree of credibility to the subject, which is why I find it so interesting as opposed to other lesser known cryptids. A whole bunch of stories are still just stories though, not hard evidence. In fact earlier someone suggested this is a recent phenomenon that started around the time of the flying saucer craze. Not sure where (s)he got that idea, because bigfoot stories have been around a very long time. That's another reason I find them so compelling.

I also have to take issue with the idea that the supposed coverup is endangering people because our LEOs aren't getting proper training. What sort of training are you suggesting they need? If any large unidentified animal is on your property posing a danger to you, your family, or your pets/livestock, LEOs will show up if called, assess the threat (is it acting in a menacing manner, is it charging, is it actively attacking a person or another animal or damaging property) and kill it if necessary, no matter what it is. Even if you identify it as a Sasquatch when you call, they're still gonna come investigate it. This has happened before.

If for no other reason, they will show up to investigate because 1) curiosity and 2) people often mistakenly identify animals, it could be a bear or something and therefore the caller is still potentially in danger. So yeah, LE is gonna respond to your calls no matter how deep the MIB coverup is.

originally posted by: GreyScale

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: GreyScale

You've seen these apes?

Tell us about them.

A few minutes later someone on the other side of the meadow cleared their throat. It sounded, to me, that the someone clearing their throat could have only made that noise if their chest was about 4 feet wide.

I heard a tearing sound, and a massive stump, roots and dirt flying and all, came out of the woods to the west and landed in the middle of the clearing.

Then... the throat clearing noise again.

I cleared my weapon, took my stuff and left.

I gotta ask, what would possess you to clear your weapon at that point?

originally posted by: Neil4No1

re: road flares for charred sassy squatch

I figured the bbq lighter and flammable spray more as a fireball-spittin scare tactic as I growl, crap my pants, and slowly back away, so I don't smudge, of course -- so my awesome story can be told that I did not technically flee during my encounter with a great bigfoot, lol.

Most animals will retreat from fire, so you might be ok there. I'd invest in a large-caliber rifle though and put in some range time. I wouldn't want to kill one, but if it came down to my life I would.

I would advise anyone to do the same. If you insist on going out in the woods where you think these things are or you live near some of this activity, best to be prepared. Even the most docile creatures will sometimes attack. It may be intelligent, but it's still wild. Your life isn't worth some pretentious notion that you have some harmonic understanding with it and know what it will do. Again I'm not advocating just killing one for no reason, but if you don't have the means and it ever becomes necessary, you're a statistic.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I really enjoyed this thread and one of the few (bigfoot related) I've really ever bothered to delve into. Your testimony strikes me of someone who isn't trying to sell me anything just speaking matter of fact. I appreciate that. The whole pictures just disappeared comments rub me the wrong way but in light of recent Wikileaks releases on CIA having access to our personal data, it is quite possible there is something to gain (militarily) to keep it hush hush.

I'm not a believer or a disbeliever, in fact I'm convinced at some point in our history "giants" roamed this planet and possibly still do. As someone who lives in the forest (never had an experience) I know there is always local "talk" about things that most urban centers don't partake, nor does anyone have a desire to share those things. Those who live away from population centers do so for a reason and they just don't want that peace to be turned upside down. Interestingly, there is a bigfoot seminar happening in my local area on April 8th. I entertained attending for #s and giggles. Suddenly, my interest has peaked further.

Anyways, thanks for sharing. much appreciated!

edit on 27-3-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

After about 10 seconds of us standing there. Mr. Devil Man tells me to "wait here". Which I did, because I truly felt I was dead anyway. He takes a few steps towards the pond, reaches in his pocket, kneels down and throws down a handful of change.

I believe this is the anecdote in question and I also would like to know the relevance.

Thank you for pointing that out and contributing in a concise and polite manner.

It is so easy to understand when a true gentleman is communicating with you.

My answer:

I Don't Know.

His answer to me the night of the event in question.

"Why not?"

That is all I all I know.

Speculate all you want on that.

Thank you again for stopping by Augustus Masonicas.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyeddie68
Thank you blueyedevilwoman for making the crypto forum here fun to read again.

While I've never actually seen a Sasquatch myself,I've been in and around the mountains of the NE USA enough to realize how vast the forests of America actually are.

I look forward to reading more from those who have had the rare opportunity of actually seeing these elusive creatures.

Thank you crazyeddie68,

In part I would hope more people will come out and start threads on their encounters. Due to some lame attempts by others to ridicule or slander the testimonies of ordinary people like myself. Most people opt to remain silent as to remain in the "cool club". This malevolent behaviour must be confronted for what it is. Bullying.

I encourage others that are adamantly against the notion of the existence of these creatures. To get out in the field and actually look before becoming hostile at the initiated.

You seem to be curious and of a outdoors type. I would recommend just asking around your own neighborhood, coffee shops trusted friends or family.

These critters seem to be in certain ranges. Some parts of the country are devoid of any historical myths or recent sightings. I bet somewhere within a 100 miles or so you may stumble across some lore or local gossip concerning the subject.

Thank you for your kind reply

You hit the nail on the head with your comment about ridicule.

Every time a member here posted experiences they've had with these creatures,certain members would harass and bully them for "proof".

This is ATS,members should feel comfortable posting their experiences here without embarrassment or fear of what others may think.

As I said,I've never seen one,but that doesn't mean I don't think they're not roaming our forests.

So keep' the encounters coming folks!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Peace offering? It's not like he had an Elk handy.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I asked a few basic questions about the story early on, one of which was about OP's "mate" tossing the change.

It seemed to be an integral part of the story ... yet ... 9 pages on ... not even the slightest attempt at a reasonable explanation.

I also wondered why OP's "mate" didn't just say ... "Look honey, I've been wandering out in the woods at night and I've discovered a whole new species and am in the process of studying their culture, learning their ways and "language" ... instead, "the mate" drags OP out in the middle of the night into (apparent) extreme danger.

Normally, that's just fine ... but in a story in which we are asked for such an astounding suspension of disbelief ... why can't we have just a few of these sorts of details nailed down?

Further, why would OP respond to you in such a manner on ATS ... as if "she" is asserting dominance or something. Note, that as you're shifting some of the attention away from her as the focus here ... you have now become a "thing."

A little too NPD if you know what I mean.

I did answer you.

I said I do not know.

I said this to another poster as well.
Someone chimed in with a theory about a troll toll...
I dont know maybe, I believe was my reply.

Ive answered every question posed as best I can.
Do you have a question?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join