It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living With Sasquatches

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

Hey, BEDW ... just out of curiosity, do any of the folk in your area (probably ones who have lived there for generations) refer to the BF as "a booger" or "the booger man"?

A LOT of southern folk tales do.

Catman, in Orange Beach (13miles from me) there is a Catman Rd. walking trail.

The boys I grew up with were nearly all Boyscouts. It was a campire tale to them. The tale they told involved the area of Gulf Shores and Ft. Morgan. A couple versions are out there, drifting between a monster tale and a paranormal version. Depending on who is telling it. The late Mr. Snook version being a "original" source I am familiar with.
GSPD C.O.P. Nance (1960s-70s) I heard had a very interesting account as well.

Booger or boogie man comes from an area west of me with a larger Creole population. Swamp ape or skunk ape, coming from an area more to my east, in Florida. I believe it is the same type I refer to as the "little ones" throughout this thread.

Bigfoot/Sasquatch being the most common among non-natives in this region. The Choctaw/Creek have a name from what I understand, I do not know what it is though.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: OnionHead

Some snakes emit a must when in distress. Its pungent and will ward off someone looking to eat them. But it never stopped me from picking up wild snakes even when they try and stink you out.

But most snakes dont smell much.

Sorry I wasnt more clear with my answer, what I mean to describe is the smell of dead snakes, I cant smell living snakes.
But a dead one has a very unique pungent smell. Not as strong as fish, but still pretty bad.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Thanks. I want to let you know that we're all a bit touchy in different ways and I'd like to publicly apologize for any untoward comments I've made about your posting. Asking questions and verifying sources is great, but I've diverted from that a couple of times here, and that was disrepectful.

It's interesting I've grown up in western Georgia just north and west of Atlanta my whole life. Of course, 40 years ago, the area was more rural than it was now ... but I'm realizing how many potential correlations there are between things I've experienced, things I've heard about others experiencing, and the phenomenon we're discussing.

FWIW.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Thanks. I want to let you know that we're all a bit touchy in different ways and I'd like to publicly apologize for any untoward comments I've made about your posting. Asking questions and verifying sources is great, but I've diverted from that a couple of times here, and that was disrepectful.

No problem.
I get it.
Ive noticed Im a bit mouthier on ATS, than in real life.

It's interesting I've grown up in western Georgia just north and west of Atlanta my whole life. Of course, 40 years ago, the area was more rural than it was now ... but I'm realizing how many potential correlations there are between things I've experienced, things I've heard about others experiencing, and the phenomenon we're discussing.

FWIW.

Ive been on business trips to your region a few times for equestrian stuff. Reasaca(?) area.
Beautiful country.

Potential correlations how?

Im curious of anyones experience's, especially when they differ from the more common experiences like my own.

I heard Wes of SC remark once that UFO and Sasquatch sightings in the same areas, does not necessarily connect the two.
While I agree somewhat, I would of added that they dont necessarily disconnect the two either.
I will add that I do not believe in "aliens" in the extraterrestrial sense, I believe they are terrestrial.

Ive also heard Wes and Will discuss an encounter a elderly lady shared where she stated: Sasquatches would tap on her window at night, keeping her up until she .........."made pancakes for them".
Will and Wes wrote her off as lonely and possibly suffering from mental illness. In no way of any help to "serious" research, according to them.

While I can see the obvious problem with this kind of testimony. Im not going to rule it out. Ive collected testimony that would blow most of the woo stuff around here out of the water.

People realize how crazy what they say sounds in these situations. Which causes them to not readily come forward.
Problem is most genuinely mentally ill folk, have no problem sharing with the rest of us.

So I dont judge other people's accounts.
I do remember them though.
Again as more and more come forward.
Things become more apparent.

Ive heard testimony from a person in this area. Sounds very much like K. Lapsuritis testimony.
This person is illiterate though, has no internet access, and has never even heard of K. Lapsuritis.

Same with the alleged accounts with military personnel. If telepathy, portals, ufos, etc. are somehow involved. That to me, would explain allegations of elite forces being called in on these critters.

All I know is that much more is going on than meets the eye.

Please feel free to share anything you are thinking or experienced. I dont judge.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I need a Sasquatch Pillow

I could totally Market that!
edit on 15-4-2017 by Neith because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neith
I need a Sasquatch Pillow

I could totally Market that!

Lol.
Good luck with that.
Its probably already being done by some bf group.
If not it probably will be soon.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

If not that then something else, I'm the queen of Marketing.haha

I could sell ice to an Eskimo!

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Snakes are salmonella factories once dead. Bet they smell like rotten slimmy chicken

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

will i ever be able to do it?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Snakes are salmonella factories once dead. Bet they smell like rotten slimmy chicken

Kinda, but different.
If we shoot one in the yard. We make sure to get it away from the house. For a small animal, they make alot of stench.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

What has struck me this time (my last interest in "this stuff" was about 20 years ago) is just how prevalent the phenomena are.

Bigfoot sightings/experiences literally happen almost everywhere many times EVERY DAY ... just as UFO sightings/experiences do ... and just as all the variations on the "dark figures/red eyes" theme (Shadow people/chucacabra/Jersey Devil/Mothman etc. etc.)

This fact is ignored because these experiences are by and large (except for those who repeatedly say "I Know What I Saw") understood as hoaxes, imaginations, perceptual errors and misunderstandings ... and I'm sure that a certain number, perhaps even a high number do fall into those categories.

Humans are not only story-tellers, we are mimics, and we have a galactically bad sense of humor.

However, these experiences go back throughout human history. When you start looking, and stop discounting them, you start finding the phenomena EVERYWHERE and EVERYWHEN.

So let's be extraordinarily conservative and say that only 1% of experiences are real (that are not hoaxes, mistakes, etc.).

That still leave us with hundreds of events or encounters with phenomena that a) make no scientific sense and b) often present direct or implied danger to us.

I think we'd better start taking this seriously.
edit on 16-4-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I just encountered this image while researching and wanted to share it merely because I found it so striking.

I have cropped the image.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I think there is the possibility that they are a long lived and have a low/slow population growth, and that they are more migratory then we think.

Buy I agree, just too many reports from to many places and a lot of these reports go back centuries.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I just encountered this image while researching and wanted to share it merely because I found it so striking.

I have cropped the image.

I haven't seen that image before, can you tell me where that image came from? Or at least point us in a direction so we can see the UN- cropped version.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: twohawks

I've seen it before (I think, or something similar), if I recall correctly it was a guy who photo-shopped a mans face onto a silver back gorilla to show what it was he saw in his "Bigfoot" encounter.
edit on 17-4-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I definitely agree.

As to how exactly, I believe a good start would be taking the gag off of our L.E.O.s

At the least, allow them to report witness testimony accurately.

As far as public awareness, Im finding more and more people that tell me, theyve never seen one but believe they exist.
If not from media, media and 2nd or 3rd hand testimony from people they trust.

Sorry for the delay in responding.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: twohawks

Sure.

The Sasquatch People

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I thought it was impossible to get them on video?

What you have is what's called a "classic hoax".

The hoax perpetrator, most likely the channel itself, creates a fake account and uploads a single video.They then let it sit there for a while then claim they "found it" and zoom/crop/stabilize and turn an unknown video into ad revenue. To see how this works just look at Secure Team 10, who has created hundreds (probably more) of accounts for the same purposes.

Edit: See how badly the head bobs up and down while walking? That's not how an efficient primate walks on an incline. That's a human in a suit who is having trouble traversing the terrain.

Edit 2: Jesus, just look at this channel's other videos. They are the Secure Team of Bigfoot channels. Most of the videos are obvious fakes.
edit on 18-4-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I read ten pages and my thoughts are:
1. If something killed your dog and goat your life is in danger.
2. If your partener purposely puts your life in danger showing you forest monsters/ apes, your life is in danger from two species.
3. Moving and divorce are options. Rescue a new collie from the dog pound for your new home.
4. Photograph animals the old school way on silver infused camera film. Images can not be magically erased from negatives.
5. Sign up for Instagram, twitter, face book, and email the images around the planet in under a minute. Other people can screen shot the images and save those to their sites, memory sticks, or cds instantly.
6. If some ape hurt my dogs, I would be on the hunt with a big gun or tranqualizing gun to remove it from my lands. I would not rest. I would feel angry and scared. It didn't have to kill your dog to scare you, it could have left a dead animal on your porch. This animal wants you to leave and be tramatized and angry. Physcological warfare.
7. Call the police/ gov and have them remove it. Make extra large Bear traps, dead falls, spread out moth balls on property line, the list is endless. Benedryl capsules in hamburger balls. Sell beast to a zoo.

I was sick this winter and watched 55 episodes of finding big foot on cable. It is a fun show because its like a mental vacation. The Bigfoot gang go places I will never see, and talk to many interesting people. These creatures probably are real, but endangered or scarce. I have only seen a bear twice in fifty years in nature from a car window. As far as the motion trail cameras, they do catch animals you did not know were there. My husband bought me one for Christmas. I pointed it at my burn pile in my back yard. I caught all the neighbors pets, I did not know they roamed over here. Also squirrels, crows, rabbits, raccoons, opossums, foxes, deer, coyotes and ....a bob cat. We live in an semi urban area on three acres of woods. I was surprised to see a bob cat. One image that showed up weird was a fox was in the wood pile. The next image the fox was gone the heat signature went up a few degrees and a bright lite was coming down or flooding the photo, then the next image was back to normal with the fox back. Weird. The squirrels and coyotes can hear the camera taking photos. They have photo bombed some images. Maybe the apes hear, see, and smell the cameras. I can smell things acutely in the woods like my air fresheners my husband threw out there because he hates them. LOL. I can smell skunk/ fox pee on my bushes.... so these animals smell things we don't. Of course tell all your neighbors so they watch their pets and themselves. I know I would be grateful to know. I had to tell everyone about the coyotes and bobcats here. The coyotes eat the cats all over the county. Missing posters all the time on stop signs. Best of luck to you with your wild life problem.
edit on 18-4-2017 by frugal because: sp

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49 >>

join