It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living With Sasquatches

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Maybe because they had no artificial light.
Just a guess.

I don't mean to quibble, but ... campfires, torches, etc.

And from what Ive heard. Natives didnot leave the light of those fires.

No comparison to headlights or streetlights.

The only thing I was speaking to was the availability of "artificial light sources."

Leave me out of this thing that you and Ray have going on, LOL.

However, there's no reason to "quit ATS" because folks don't agree with you or believe you.

You didn't come here for a "following" did you? You came to testify to your experiences.

/shrug

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

But we know how eyes work in general, and I can't find any information that would indicate an extra large pupil would allow light to be reflected outwards.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: WadeBaker

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: WadeBaker

No casts? No pictures?

Frankly I found your incessant trolling.

Hey, the mods allow it.
Since I got here they have anyway.

Shady Gatekeeper tactics.
Attack the messenger, everone else has to provide "proof"

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

You didn't post this in the gray area or skunk works, you posted it in the crypto forums. The onus of proof is on you and can be requested. (Onus means duty/responsibility).

Why did you take the video down as soon as I said I would work on it for you?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

But we know how eyes work in general, and I can't find any information that would indicate an extra large pupil would allow light to be reflected outwards.

Understood (and correct).

It is as they say "an idea in process" LOL.

Aside from the how, the question is also "why"? It would have to bestow some sort of survival advantage, like, allowing "vision" into the infrared or ultraviolet say, or even a "defense mechanism" ... maybe the glowing eyes made human pursuit/attention/etc. less likely (at some point)?

Pure speculations at this point, and I haven't even gotten to the "woo."

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Good questions, why would it need to adapt this specific an unusual trait? Still, I ask any Bigfoot Enthusiast to research reports that contain "glowing eyes".

You will notice they don't come before Ivan. They started showing up more in the 80's, which just so happened to coincide with the same Ivan's movie "The Legend of Bigfoot" which he billed as a docudrama.

I did not mention this at the outset of the post because I like to let people bury themselves, but IMHO anyone who says "it had glowing red eyes" concerning Bigfoot is automatically lying. They most likely read as many reports as they could from the last couple decades and came up with their own story.

Edit: The stories that seem believable do not contain any narrative surrounding "glowing red eyes".
edit on 10-4-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

I think you two would need someone more responsible to lead this operation, if you are serious. Somehow I think you are.

I've already started telling my wife that I want to go on a hunting trip in Alabama this autumn.
She said " WTF?! , Alabama?(she's a city girl) , you don't even like shooting animals(I really don't, it's not sporting, maybe with a battle axe), what are you even hunting?"

I didn't tell her yet. Im letting her digest the idea, then I will let her read this thread.

>>responsible?
>>RESPONSIBLE?!

You would be hard pressed finding someone more responsible than I, especially with a high capacity semi automatic rifle. I'm just mentally incapable of being serious for more than a few minutes.

It's part of my charm

Any friend of AMs is ok by me.
Marines are welcome here too.

If you are serious.
Just stay in touch with me.

I still think that all we will accomplish is getting in big trouble.

Im liking hubbies new idea more and more, nothing grabs the attention of authorities like mechanically dismembered humans. I will admit he does know how to piss them off.

And sense they dont really exist, Officially.
They cant charge my husband for doing anything wrong.

If he is successful, I hope its an attorney or politician that takes it. Maybe a rich white child.

That might be enough to loosen some lips.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I know that this is an ancillary phenomenon, but just in the first case that leaps into my mind (so to speak) the so-called "Springheel Jack" of London fame (c. 1839) was said to have glowing red eyes.

That's the oldest "reference" I've found so far, even though the Bible speaks of entities with "eyes like flame."

I'm not sure that there's any one "characteristic" that denotes a story-teller rather than an experiencer. I can appreciate that, for you, due to the extensive research you've done on the subject, the "glowing red eyes" is a tale-tell.

Just as a side note ... even though it is at an intensity many times lower than the visual range in humans, we and other mammals do emit light from our eyes ... An introduction to human biophoton emmission

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
If I quit it aint because people disagree with me. Its the tactics employed. I dont mind answering questions. I do mind being treated like Im in court with crooked judges, attorneys , and baliffs.

Whats the point?

Screw it. Mr. Devil and I will handle it another way.

Did not mean for it to come off as dragging you in.
The fact remains over half this thread is ray acting like a "member" to me and anyone else that dares agree with me.

This is denying ignorance?

Sounds more like Dark Ages Lite.

Dont burn heretics at the stake. Just keep inventing baseless accusations, disguised as questions. Simply to maintain an aire of superiority.

The frustrating thing is those on ATS with offical knowledge of the subject are forbidden to say anything.

Allowing know nothings like myself and knowitalls like ray to duke it out. Must be hilarious.

Devil man says " if you argue with an idiot, who is the bigger idiot?"

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

To be clear I believe that Ivan stole the red eyes thing and applied it to Bigfoot. I'm not discounting it's (red eyes) paranormal/unusual strangeness link, just its link to BF.
edit on 10-4-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

but IMHO .

Bwahahaha!
Do you even know what that means?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

You don't think they had fire? Even moonlight (full moon) can cause eye shine if the angle of the viewer is correct. Please, find me a report of "glowing red eyes" from before 1960 when Ivan Marx first mentioned the phenomena.

So it works when you say it does, not when I do?
Got it.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

To be clear I believe that Ivan stole th red eyes thing and applied it to Bigfoot. I'm discounting it's paranormal/unusual strangeness link.

Gotcha. I understand and that approach is probably the most viable at the moment.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Yet another logical fallacy...

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
A more apt saying is "don't argue with an idiot, as they will drag you down to there level and beat you with experience"

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I hear you. I have to say, though being completely honest, you've done your own share of negative interaction as well.

/shrug

Que sera, sera.

edit on 10-4-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

a reply to: [post=2211377]blueyblubl2211371

All you do is makeup stupid stuff and then pretend I said it, in your questioning.

Keep going, Im almost ready to quit ATS.
This is 3rd grade all over again.
Some of you need to grow up.
You Ray, especially, most everybody sees right thru you. You are embarassing yourself to the degree others are pm me saying Im being too rough on you. Why would all these people pm me ray?

Something about you all the other members know about you that I dont?

Are you speacial?

Are you?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Posted this aways back. It's by no means a "perfect" example, but if one mammal can have this adaptation who's to say without a type specimen that BF's eyes are the same as ours OR Apes? Caribou are 1/2 nocturnal not by choice and yet we know so are the BF. Gives one pause to think?
www.sciencenews.org...

Researchers in Norway and England have now found another reindeer adaptation: One part of an reindeer’s eyes changes color in winter and increases the sensitivity of the animal’s vision. The study appears October 30 in the Proceedings of the Royal Society B.

The part of the eye that matters here is the tapetum lucidum, the layer of tissue behind the retina that reflects light and helps an animal to better see in dim light. It’s sometimes known as the “cat’s eye” because it’s the layer that causes the eyes of a cat and other critters to glow at night when a small amount of light hits the eye. In most mammals, this eyeshine is golden. And that’s true for reindeer in summer. In winter, though, a reindeer’s tapetum lucidum is blue.

The deep blue color is unusual for a mammal, and the seasonal change is unique, the researchers say. The shift to blue increases the scatter of reflected light so it passes to more photoreceptors. “This increases retinal sensitivity but at the cost of acuity, which may be an advantageous winter trade-off,” the researchers write. In other words, the reindeer get to see a little more, though what they see might not be all that sharp. It could be enough, however, for a reindeer to spot a predator and avoid getting eaten.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I hear you. I have to say, though being completely honest, you've done your own share of negative interaction as well.

/shrug

Que sera, sera.

Damn straight.
Atleast Ive tried being polite.

Dont see anyone misquoting or harassing you.

When in Rome...

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Heheh. Visit one of the political threads ... LOL.

I am well-aware that Ray has a unique style. They and I have clashed on different topics before.

However, what you both have (and it's something I share, although not on this topic, per se) is a burning need to get to the truth.

And, you don't take nuthin' off nobody.

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join