It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living With Sasquatches

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: WadeBaker

No casts? No pictures?

I actually did take pictures of the prints for our own purposes, but I'm not out to prove anything to anybody. I couldn't care less who believes what. Frankly I found your incessant trolling of the OP to be quite annoying when I was reading through the thread.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: WadeBaker

So that's a no, got it.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

Why do you keep calling people religious? Nobody has discussed religion but you.

All you do is post logical fallacies over and over.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

You obviously don't understand how the tapetum lucidum works. It doesn't just cause eyes to glow and you need a light source shining from your direction to see the eyeshine.

If the lights in your house were on you wouldn't be able to see outside as it would be a mirror, certainly not enough to make out facial details.

And this happenes enough that you've never started up a camera before looking out the window?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The so-called red-eye effect is a function of the angles between the object in question (an eye being observed), the perceiving apparatus (a camera or a human eye) and the light source. Also the size of (in this case, the pupil) of the eye in question is a factor.

There are evolutionary adaptations in creatures needing low-light vision that produce tubular rather than spherical eyes (e.g. owls, some fish, etc.) often further increasing the size of the pupil and thus, the likelihood under appropriate conditions of "red eye shine."

Red-eye Effect - Wiki

EDIT: Of note, "glowing red eyes" are a common factor in many cryptid/Fortean/high strangeness sightings of many different types (including "Mothman," "Shadow People," "Sasquatch," etc. etc.) This is actually the area of the phenomenon I am highly interested in as my "experiences" with the Wierd almost all involve "glowing red eyes" as well.

FWIW
edit on 10-4-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Not to mention that if this thing is a primate in the ape family (as are humans) it most likely does not have a tapetum lucidum which means there would be no eye shine.
edit on 10-4-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Not to mention that if this thing is a primate in the ape family (as are humans) it most likely does not have a tapetum lucidum which means there would be no eye shine.

Right, but who can say? We're talking, literally, about one of the great unknowns.

One thing in the favor of a reasonable explanation is that a) Sasquatch eyes would be bigger b) they are often described as having "black eyes" (which could result from a larger pupil ratio, etc.), and c) the eyes could have a transitional shape between sphirical and tubular, producing, who knows what effects?

... and if these phenomena (the Sasquatch) are something other than "a bipedal ape" ... again, who can say?
edit on 10-4-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Considering the descriptions we have to assume it is a bipedal hominid. Images drawn by native peoples would line up with it being a hominid.

Concerning glowing eyes, check this out:

Eye Shine Hypothesis

However, when I research his hypothesis there is no scientific data to backup his claim. Considering he is not a scientist, specifically an Ophthalmologist, then I think we have to discredit his idea until he can provide some science to backup his claim.

Edit: Something else to consider: Glowing eyes in Bigfoot is a new thing, first reported by Ivan Marx, the famed hoaxer from the 60's. It wasn't until after his work became popularized that the glowing eyes description began showing up. Think about this: No native peoples descriptions of sasquatch involve glowing eyes:

Ba'wis (Tsimshian Indian Bigfoot)
Boqs (Bella Coola Bigfoot)
Bush Indians (Alaskan Athabaskan Bigfoot)
Chiye-Tanka (Sioux Indian Bigfoot)
Choanito/Night People (Wenatchi Indian Bigfoot)
Hairy Man (Yokuts Indian Bigfoot)
Kohuneje (Maidu Indian Bigfoot)
Lariyin (Dogrib Indian Bigfoot)
Lofa (Chickasaw Indian Bigfoot)
Matah Kagmi (Modoc Indian Bigfoot)
Maxemista (Cheyenne Indian Bigfoot)
Na'in (Gwich'in Indian Bigfoot)
Nakani (Dene Indian Bigfoot)
Nant'ina (Tanaina Indian Bigfoot)
Nik'inla'eena' (Koyukon Indian Bigfoot)
Omah (Hupa Indian Bigfoot)
Sasquatch (Coast Salish Indian Bigfoot)
Seeahtlk (Clallam Indian Bigfoot)
Shampe (Choctaw Indian Bigfoot)
Siatco (Chehalis Indian Bigfoot)
Skookum (Chinook Indian Bigfoot)
Ste-ye-hah'mah (Yakama Indian Bigfoot)
Stick Indians (Northwest Coast Bigfeet)
*The Woodsman (Athabaskan Indian Bigfoot)

It's a relatively recent addition

The Woodsman, a hairy wild man of the forest. His name literally means "sneaks about," for he moves through the wilderness silently and rarely reveals himself to humans. Frequently he steals things or causes other minor mischief, and in some stories has been said to capture Athabaskan children.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

You obviously don't understand how the tapetum lucidum works.

Understand it?
I dont even know what it is.

It doesn't just cause eyes to glow and you need a light source shining from your direction to see the eyeshine.

Is that your super dooper bigfoot expert opinion?

If the lights in your house were on you wouldn't be able to see outside as it would be a mirror, certainly not enough to make out facial details.

Thank you once again for telling me what I did and did not see.

And this happenes enough that you've never started up a camera before looking out the window?

No actually I have tried.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Considering the descriptions we have to assume it is a bipedal hominid. Images drawn by native peoples would line up with it being a hominid.

Concerning glowing eyes, check this out:

Eye Shine Hypothesis

However, when I research his hypothesis there is no scientific data to backup his claim. Considering he is not a scientist, specifically an Ophthalmologist, then I think we have to discredit his idea until he can provide some science to backup his claim.

Edit: Something else to consider: Glowing eyes in Bigfoot is a new thing, first reported by Ivan Marx, the famed hoaxer from the 60's. It wasn't until after his work became popularized that the glowing eyes description began showing up. Think about this: No native peoples descriptions of sasquatch involve glowing eyes:

Maybe because they had no artificial light.
Just a guess.

Ba'wis (Tsimshian Indian Bigfoot)
Boqs (Bella Coola Bigfoot)
Bush Indians (Alaskan Athabaskan Bigfoot)
Chiye-Tanka (Sioux Indian Bigfoot)
Choanito/Night People (Wenatchi Indian Bigfoot)
Hairy Man (Yokuts Indian Bigfoot)
Kohuneje (Maidu Indian Bigfoot)
Lariyin (Dogrib Indian Bigfoot)
Lofa (Chickasaw Indian Bigfoot)
Matah Kagmi (Modoc Indian Bigfoot)
Maxemista (Cheyenne Indian Bigfoot)
Na'in (Gwich'in Indian Bigfoot)
Nakani (Dene Indian Bigfoot)
Nant'ina (Tanaina Indian Bigfoot)
Nik'inla'eena' (Koyukon Indian Bigfoot)
Omah (Hupa Indian Bigfoot)
Sasquatch (Coast Salish Indian Bigfoot)
Seeahtlk (Clallam Indian Bigfoot)
Shampe (Choctaw Indian Bigfoot)
Siatco (Chehalis Indian Bigfoot)
Skookum (Chinook Indian Bigfoot)
Ste-ye-hah'mah (Yakama Indian Bigfoot)
Stick Indians (Northwest Coast Bigfeet)
*The Woodsman (Athabaskan Indian Bigfoot)

It's a relatively recent addition

The Woodsman, a hairy wild man of the forest. His name literally means "sneaks about," for he moves through the wilderness silently and rarely reveals himself to humans. Frequently he steals things or causes other minor mischief, and in some stories has been said to capture Athabaskan children.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

You don't think they had fire? Even moonlight (full moon) can cause eye shine if the angle of the viewer is correct. Please, find me a report of "glowing red eyes" from before 1960 when Ivan Marx first mentioned the phenomena.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

No, that's science...

I am telling you what would happen if you had an interior light on in a house while it was dark outside. Any child can replicate this.

Are you going to get the video back online?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Why do you keep calling people religious? Nobody has discussed religion but you.

Religon, is why we are all here trying to figure out exactly what these things are.IMO.

I didnt call her "religous", I asked her if she was christian. Because of the way she began acting. Typical. IMO

Damn ray, can you not understand anything I say without rearranging it, to fit your narrative. Im convinced you are a attorney. IMO

Only a low life scum sucking antagonistic lying attorney could fit. IMO

All you do is post logical fallacies over and over.

64 flags ray.....oops 61. And I havent even gone over the good parts.

Really, can you name one of these "logical fallacies"?

That I actually said, not your interpretation of what I said.

All you do is makeup stupid stuff and then pretend I said it, in your questioning.

Keep going, Im almost ready to quit ATS.
This is 3rd grade all over again.
Some of you need to grow up.
You Ray, especially, most everybody sees right thru you. You are embarassing yourself to the degree others are pm me saying Im being too rough on you. Why would all these people pm me ray?

Something about you all the other members know about you that I dont?

Are you speacial?
edit on 03 23 2017 by blueyedevilwoman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Flags are not an indication of truthfulness. The fact you think they mean something agrees with my original assumption that you are simply an attention seeker with a poorly thought out fake story.

The bible will most likely prevent you and others from grasping anything Ive said, or could possibly add.

Yes, I stereotype Christians, Muslim's, and Jews. I also, like you, stereotype the "researchers".

That is a logical fallacy right there, and that is a direct quote. I am sorry you don't know what a logical fallacy is. That one specifically is a red herring. Nobody is bringing up religion, and religion would not preclude belief in Bigfoot. You realize most people who believe in Bigfoot are probably religious right? You've done it several times to try and shift argument, but nobody has bit yet. You even accidentally replied to yourself once about it and still don't realize you did...

Small list of common fallacies

link   
a reply to: raymundoko

LOL ... I was reading that very article while posting.

Sure, no data yet. No Sasquatch eye to investigate. Your point is well-taken, but we could "hypothesize" as long as we're clear about it I think.

For that matter, didn't a good portion of the Native populations consider the "Bigfeet" another tribe? i.e. human?

Big and hairy humans ... but still human? (Not to mention, cannibalistic, child-thieving murderers, etc.)

Yeah, I'm working on the "glowing red eye" thing as a general characteristic of ... Forteana; I'll post an update if I come across anything significant.

Your knowledge adds to the thread, Ray.

link   

No, that's science...

I am telling you what would happen if you had an interior light on in a house while it was dark outside. Any child can replicate this.

Are you going to get the video back online?

Replicate my windows ray.
Show everyone how psychic and all knowing you are.

Why whats the point?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

Just a guess.

I don't mean to quibble, but ... campfires, torches, etc.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Flags are not an indication of truthfulness. The fact you think they mean something agrees with my original assumption that you are simply an attention seeker with a poorly thought out fake story.

Yep. Thats what I said a couple pages back. I see its still in crypto.....still 62 flags.

The only fake I see is raymondoku.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

Just a guess.

I don't mean to quibble, but ... campfires, torches, etc.

And from what Ive heard. Natives didnot leave the light of those fires.

No comparison to headlights or streetlights.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

blah blah blah

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join