It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living With Sasquatches

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: OnionHead

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

So your going to make me go to the sheriffs dept?

For?
They dont say anything about bf?

Sorry I was under the impression you had several reports, I thought perhaps they'd given you a copy of something you could post up. Doesn't have to mention Bigfoot, but proves you've been in contact with your concerns. Would certainly add to whats been a very successful thread for you. A police report is something I'd hold onto, luckily I don't come into contact with Police all that regular, but if they hand me something, I tend to keep it. So no, I'm not asking you to go to the Police, but I find it strange that you don't have something from them in your possession already.

No neighbors from hell. No carbon dioxide detectors. Didnt answer you the first time, because I thought you were being funny. Would you like to purchase a lie detector test for me? Maybe a psychological evaluation? My sheriff doesnt seem concerned at all with my mental faculties, Im assuming that is what you are getting at.

I do like a joke I'll have to admit, although this was a serious question. Carbon dioxide poisoning is obviously a serious danger. I remember reading online that this guy was convinced his landlord was letting himself into his apartment and leaving sticky notes everywhere, so he set up a webcam to catch the landlord, he was also convinced that the landlord was getting into his computer and deleting the files after. He asked for advice and someone told him to install a carbon dioxide detector, and to cut a long story short turns out he was leaving the notes himself as he was being poisoned all along. Just thought it was worth a mention, not accusing you of being mental. I'm a bit mental myself anyway, and this was not an attempt to offend you.

As someone who's been reading this thread from the beginning Onionhead, thanks for explaining the reason behind your question finally. I was under the impression that your question wasn't serious as well, but given the context, I now understand why you asked.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

Why call it fantasy?

There just is no pleasing you ray

Have you still not figured out which side of the BF debate I fall on?

I, unlike you, do not care what side you are on.

Your contributions to this thread scream agent provocateur.

Just like I said earlier to Caver78.

Your type are just here to stir pots and muddy the waters.

I bet I owe half those flags to you.

Thanks

I think your story is fantasy, not the existence of Bigfoot.

We know ray, we know.

edit on 03 23 2017 by blueyedevilwoman because: removed slash

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

Yes upload a video and show where the door track is please. Do you really think people here are idiots?

Not everyone. Odds are there may be a few.
Thanks again ray.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman
Thank you Snarl

Kan Chan Ay Yo.

I think your images were at the file size limits of the server. That may be why you couldn't upload all of them. When I started messing with them, that's when I realized they went up sideways. And then it was more apparent why we should be interested in the gate thing with the rope.

Doesn't look like the handiwork of any 6 year old (human, that is). LOL

I didnt know .
Ill try again this afternoon.

Not the work of a child Ive ever known.
That would be one scary kid...lol

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
..shouting for 'proof' on ATS is quite cheap but doing actual scientific research for a longer time is not.
its a difficult thing with these phenomena..

the NIST team did this with a whole bunch of really scientific researchers and TONS of expensive technical stuff on the skinwalker ranch for some years and could'nt ' figure it out' .

And the farm is/was packed with strange phenomena.

www.skinwalkerranch.org...

edit on 5-4-2017 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

a reply to: Mandeezee

Where did you get your M-16?

I served in the Armed Forces.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

We're you active duty at the time, such as on patrol?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

a reply to: OnionHead

That's another issue I have with the story. Growing up in densely wooded areas I've had pets/animals get killed.

If the circumstances are strange we took the animals to the vet to determine how it died. That's how we were alerted there was a cougar in the area which was extremely rare. It was stalking the calf for easy meals and a team was organized by locals in coordination with local park rangers to relocate/kill. I was young so I'm no sure what came of it but I know a cougar was killed by the army in the same area 20 years later and that made national news.

Every decade or so a cougar would find its way to the area.

Concerning David Paulides, I can't discount cougars as a possible explanation for most of the missing children. That's what cougars do...and they do it silently. Their bite restricts airflow preventing any screaming. Most fatalities are children.

Concerning Paulides, a person with minimum experience with wildlife would be able to detect predation.

Even a cat as stealthy as a cougar would leave a spoor or some trail. And most definitely dogs would be able to trail.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Also, it would be very obvious if a cougar is responsible for a kill.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

a reply to: SeaWorthy

So I hope I am not exposing my BF nerdiness here, but my personal theory is that Dogs may be the biggest thread to BF if they are indeed out there. Most wild dogs run in packs and their defensive/offensive behavior is indistinguishable from a protective domesticated dog. I could see a pack of wolves giving a BF problems, or a pack of coyotes trying to snatch it's food supply.

A solo big cat typically won't attack something much larger than itself unless it determines that that thing is too injured to defend itself so I doubt they fear big cats as much as they would a pack of dogs. Since cougars don't run in prides there isn't really any danger to a BF.

So I see most of the stories about BF killing or attacking a dog as the BF just making sure no packs of dogs are in its territory.

With that said...I've seen a boar ram a dog knocking it several yards. I've seen a bear slap a dog and send it flying. These are things I've personally seen with my own eyes. I could see how someone could mistake damage done to a dog for a BF because they just can't explain how it happened.

The only concern a bf has of dogs is, they extend human senses.

Rare is the dog (and soon dead) which will bark at or approach a bf.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I've travelled this week from Atlanta to Nashville on business. As we were driving up here, I found myself scanning the tree lines again ... something I haven't done in years. The forests of TN (and GA) for that matter do grow thickly.

I'm starting to wonder if these guys are literally "all around us."

If they are ... there has to be some other aspect that we aren't picking up on.

From the images and tracks we've seen ... these are HUGE animals. They would take an enormous amount to feed every day, and apparently they only have hunting-gathering technology.

I think that's one of my biggest mental "stopping" points ... the necessary range and the food requirements.

Have you ever mentally inverted a U.S. map? Where cities and towns are wilderness and wilderness are cities and towns?

They are everywhere. It's why I suggest any person curious just go 20 minutes outside your large city. If you live in a town it's more like 5 minutes.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

You are confused. Most of the victims are never found. Many of the ones found aren't covered by Paulides and many have been confirmed as killed by animals.

Search dogs aren't trained to track cougars, they are trained to track the scent of a person via their belongings (e.g. clothing). If a small child is carried away they tend not to leave a ton of scent behind...

That is a huge logical flaw. Why would they care if a dog extends human senses? Are there ANY reports of a bigfoot killing or attacking a human? If the Bigfoot exists I don't think it gives two craps about people or the extent of their senses. It makes more sense for it to be a defensive/territorial reaction than it does for it to be "because humans".

Other primates act the same way towards scavenger species in their area.

Edit: Concerning tracking Cougars, they are actually VERY difficult to track because they leave what are called "soft tracks". Their tracks can be virtually invisible. Cougars are also one of the few big cats that bury their scat, so it's harder to find.

Source

You should be a bit more familiar with an animal before you start making comments on it. There is a reason it takes trained park rangers sometimes WEEKS to find a cougar that needs to be put down.
edit on 5-4-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandeezee

a reply to: OnionHead

That's another issue I have with the story. Growing up in densely wooded areas I've had pets/animals get killed.

If the circumstances are strange we took the animals to the vet to determine how it died. That's how we were alerted there was a cougar in the area which was extremely rare. It was stalking the calf for easy meals and a team was organized by locals in coordination with local park rangers to relocate/kill. I was young so I'm no sure what came of it but I know a cougar was killed by the army in the same area 20 years later and that made national news.

Every decade or so a cougar would find its way to the area.

Concerning David Paulides, I can't discount cougars as a possible explanation for most of the missing children. That's what cougars do...and they do it silently. Their bite restricts airflow preventing any screaming. Most fatalities are children.

Concerning Paulides, a person with minimum experience with wildlife would be able to detect predation.

Even a cat as stealthy as a cougar would leave a spoor or some trail. And most definitely dogs would be able to trail.

Not to mention the numerous instances where the dogs simply refused to track scents. The remarkable thing about David's research is that he only presents facts, which from my stand point offers the reader a stronger foundation from which we can begin to build a much clearer picture of the phenomena.

Anecdotal evidence, albeit someone's personal experience, is not necessarily evidence lacking in fact. Nor is it proof of fact. But the the ever present motto " pics or it didn't happen" that has become the battle cry of so many here at ATS does a serious injustice to subject matter that often times might be understood better with less aggressive scrutiny.

I understand the need for scientifically collected evidence. But I can also see the benefit of working with what we do have, as information, to better point us in a direction that serves the whole of the subject, whether it be bigfoot, ufo' s, or any other critid or paranormal phenomenon.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

You are confused. Most of the victims are never found. Many of the ones found aren't covered by Paulides and many have been confirmed as killed by animals.
I'm very familiar with his work and your spreading false information with that statement. Which apparently happens to be your personal motto, according to your avatar.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: twohawks

Then you aren't familiar with his work. His books and movie are called MISSING 411 because the majority are children/people WHO ARE NEVER FOUND.

Paulides does NOT include people who were missing and later found UNLESS they have strange circumstances surrounding their disappearance and recovery.

There are people who went missing in some of the areas Paulides focuses on, and when their bodies were discovered it was determined they were killed by a cougar. Just recently a cougar absconded with a guys dog in Crater lake.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

You are the one suggesting it's predatory animals such as cougers, your words not mine. Which does not account for children who have been found weeks later, alive, and in areas previously searched. Nor does it account for the bodies that are found in tact but massive internal injuries., or no injuries at all and written off to hypothermia found thirty or forty miles away from where their should have been.

Your grasping at straws Ray, and your arguments lack fact or you pick and choose bits and pieces of grander pictures and try to paint those bits as a whole. Your doing people a disservice and would benefit greatly if giù spent more time researching and less time offering negative opinions
edit on 5-4-2017 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Have you even read his books? It sure doesn't sound like you have...it sounds like you've just watched some YouTube videos ABOUT his books.

And I am absolutely NOT suggesting that all of the missing people can be written off to predatory animals like Vouchers (I assume you meant Cougars). Read my posts if you know how. I am asking why does he leave out the confirmed cougar kills in his research? It's a problem that plagues him just like his work with Ketchum plagues him.

He does himself a disservice.

more time bird watching and Leda time pontificato

Again, you don't know your audience. I find the "go outside" comments adorable. Did you mean Less Time Pontificating? If you are going to insult someone at least do it correctly.

Edit: Adorable edit. I quoted the original for you.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Have you even read his books? It sure doesn't sound like you have...it sounds like you've just watched some YouTube videos ABOUT his books.

And I am absolutely NOT suggesting that all of the missing people can be written off to predatory animals like Vouchers (I assume you meant Cougars). Read my posts if you know how. I am asking why does he leave out the confirmed cougar kills in his research? It's a problem that plagues him just like his work with Ketchum plagues him.

He does himself a disservice.

more time bird watching and Leda time pontificato

Again, you don't know your audience. I find the "go outside" comments adorable. Did you mean Less Time Pontificating? If you are going to insult someone at least do it correctly.

Edit: Adorable edit. I quoted the original for you.

Something has highjacked Myanmar Kindle and Island typing everthing in spanish

Ok figured that one out, somehow my language switched from English to Italian. We're much better now!

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandeezee

Where did you get your M-16?

I served in the Armed Forces.

I know there are a lot of stories/testimonies of hunters shooting at one - I've also heard a lot of people argue if they cant be shot (non physical interdimensional stuff). So either all the hunters are lying about shooting one - or all the people who say BF can travel through space and time and disappear is just speculating, either way - moot points.

As you say you served in the armed service; I own and run a PRS equipment company, shooting rests and supports for precision and long range competitive marksmanship - PRS and ULR stuff, being said I know a little about ballistics. Also, I was a combat MP in OIF 08-10. not your gate guard MP of the 'nam era, no offense, but a line MP essential mechanized infantry, I digress. Tactically speaking - I think killing a sasquatch would be easy business should one be put to the task - stay distant, stay downwind, stay in range (supersonic). As for preying on a BF?!?! screw that, you wouldn't have a chance. Whitetail deer, about as common as they come, don't grow into big mature bucks by being stupid, they have the best nose in the game. stalking a mature deer is extremely tough, so of course we as hunters wait for them to come to us... like an ambush so to speak. tree stands, ground or box blinds. of course, if BF is as intelligent as we all say, I doubt those tricks would work.

The trick... lawsuits. if this was some sort of man did you just murder? did you shoot an endangered species, was it actually a dude dressed up as a monkey shooting a movie? any (insert state initial) DNR would rope you up when you fire without identifying your target.

but since we're playing hypotheticals, and there were no consequences, .300 weatherby magnum and up - anything long action (magnum) will suffice. a lot of these rounds are used in bull hunting (moose) which can way from 800-1400 lbs, and have a significantly smaller vital shot area than a bipedal human like creature. To boot, modern ballistics are 'bitchin' for lack of a better word, we're talking some high grain partitions, A-frames, bonded, etc... you can send a .30 caliber 200gr partition supersonic up to 1,000 yards away - though not magnum some guys can send .308 and those fan-dangled 6.5 creedmoors well over a mile or two. granted youre tapping steel or barley puncturing a milk jug at a mile - with modern ballistics, barrels, actions, truing, and glass. if someone wanted to reach out and touch a BF, too easy.

but the question remains...who will do it? where will it happen? and who's got the money and time?

I know this was a big topic on a recent SasChron episode - I know all those cats say they are serious hunters, but I thought that was a flop.

food for thought

edit on 5-4-2017 by TheErlenmeyerFlask because: can/cant typo

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

It happens. Sorry for my snarky comment.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join