It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living With Sasquatches

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
A typical 6 year old can do more damage than that.

A six year old what?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya

originally posted by: Gryphon66
3. Why did he throw down change for them? You mean ... like coins?

Well it was about that time that I noticed this sasquatch was about 8 storeys tall and was a crustacean from the mesozoic era!

If I could give you tree fiddy stars, I would.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

originally posted by: c2oden
A typical 6 year old can do more damage than that.

A six year old what?

I don't know.
That's the big question.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandeezee
Would have to know what caliber to use. Also know they are never alone unless it's an outcast.

Yeah ... after reading this thread, one can see you'd better not go into the field with intent and no plan. And, even if you think you've figured out the tactical aspects, you're gonna need another team to deal with the fallout (and they better be just as ready).

With what I know now, I wouldn't dare shoot one ... You are dealing with a real life Predator.

I typically shoot at three different things: paper, nuisances and enemies. The OP's BF qualifies as a nuisance (RIP Billy & Simon). If BFs are vengeful, they fall into the enemy category as well. It also sounds like they're in a special protected category which means your plan would have to incorporate an element of information control.

Sketching out the costs of a week-long operation ... we're talking a minimum of $87K, and up to 5 weeks before admitting full-on failure. Then there's oversight and legal fees that could bring costs way up. The financial risks are simply not worth the $1M 'reward'. If somebody wanted to front the $1M to satisfy their personal (not the general public's) curiosity, I would 'consider' it. There would have to be a contract and I would have to insist on a $1B personal reward if one word _ever_ went public. I'm talking an iron-clad agreement with verification of funds in escrow.

As for caliber, I'm pretty sure a 12 gauge slug would do the trick ... at expected engagement ranges in the described dense scrub. If you got lucky with an open field shot, my choice would be either a .338 LM using a Berger 250 Grain Hybrid bullet or a 7mm Rem Mag using a Nosler 168 Grain AccuBond bullet.

Those are my personal preferences. There are lots of adequate combinations.

Matching Gun to Game

Large thin-skinned dangerous game (CXP3)
My second category of thin-skinned dangerous game includes the really large predators, the African lion and the Asian tiger plus the grizzly, brown and polar bears. Full grown big cats can weigh between 300 and 500 pounds; the great bears average about 700 pounds and can grow to twice that size in exceptional cases. These are fast moving animals that can be hard to stop and they deserve serious caliber rifles. Good bullet placement is paramount. Powerful all-around rifles that can deliver upwards of 2,000 ft. lbs. of energy at 200 yards, such as the .30-06 and 7mm Magnum, have often been used successfully. They should be regarded as the practical minimum for these dangerous beasts.

Caliber Specific Stuff

If I wasn't looking for trouble and just out for a walk on my property (limited to a sidearm) ... I'd opt for a Glock 20 and two spare mags loaded with 180 Grain Underwood Gold Dots. If I thought there might be trouble, there's no sidearm that would give me comfort. My .357 or .44 magnum might stop one 800 lb. predator ... but two or three??

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

BTW. Does anyone know why an osprey would be flying around here in circles for 15 minutes at just above tree top level, with the rotors up, like a helicopter?

And what do ospreys do?

Ospreys drop air assault troops (from just above tree top level ... LOL). They're pretty fast compared to a helicopter and have pretty good range. Their OPTEMPO has been increased of late and they're being seen in unexpected places. Either they're getting in some annual training or they're ramping up for the real deal. I have a bad feeling it's the latter.

Send me a PM if you want me to host your BF pictures for you. Pretty sure I can upload them and then PM you the code so you can publish them in your post to the thread.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

Doubtful. You don't know your audience.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Im not talking about peoples feelings getting hurt Im just talking about being nice to others

like if you dont believe someone just say so , but people always have to take it the next step and add some personal insult in
or a tiny sarcastic dig , etc

they cant just say no i dont believe you because of x y or z

its always I dont believe you and you are a #

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Do you know how to email pictures from your phone?

I'd be willing to receive them and post them for you.

Yes I do, the video is too big though, it wont fit.

Lol.

Nothing personal.
I just dont know you.

You aint going to tamper with them are you?

You can upload to youtube and put it here if you like I found it pretty easy to do that.

You mean put the link here or does youtube have a /ATS?

ats.immaculata.edu...

After you have a video on youtube select the share button and see the full address :
example youtu.be...
Now above your post here see the youtube button select that and add the address, now you need to delete everything in front of the / (left of it) and you will see the video here.

Thank you,
Ill get on that this afternoon.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Looks like a bird hit the window pane. Do you not have a full image of the window?

A bird?

I have 8 I think...

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Mandeezee
Would have to know what caliber to use. Also know they are never alone unless it's an outcast.

Yeah ... after reading this thread, one can see you'd better not go into the field with intent and no plan. And, even if you think you've figured out the tactical aspects, you're gonna need another team to deal with the fallout (and they better be just as ready).

With what I know now, I wouldn't dare shoot one ... You are dealing with a real life Predator.

I typically shoot at three different things: paper, nuisances and enemies. The OP's BF qualifies as a nuisance (RIP Billy & Simon). If BFs are vengeful, they fall into the enemy category as well. It also sounds like they're in a special protected category which means your plan would have to incorporate an element of information control.

This is what Im talking about.

For those outside the U.S.
There are thousands of laws, we have never heard of.

For those that think I was joking earlier about my husband planning to kill some of them. He wasnt going to put it out there for research. They were planning on selling it to some guy with more money than brains. Of which we have plenty around here.

Sketching out the costs of a week-long operation ... we're talking a minimum of $87K, and up to 5 weeks before admitting full-on failure. Then there's oversight and legal fees that could bring costs way up. The financial risks are simply not worth the $1M 'reward'. If somebody wanted to front the $1M to satisfy their personal (not the general public's) curiosity, I would 'consider' it. There would have to be a contract and I would have to insist on a $1B personal reward if one word _ever_ went public. I'm talking an iron-clad agreement with verification of funds in escrow.

Much smarter man than mine speaking here.

Again, I know for a fact, were NetworkDude to come here, he could get his pic.

It aint worth it, not the personal risk or the legal issues that would follow. If you want to get ATS shut down.
Post a real good upclose pick of one and see what happens.

As for caliber, I'm pretty sure a 12 gauge slug would do the trick ... at expected engagement ranges in the described dense scrub. If you got lucky with an open field shot, my choice would be either a .338 LM using a Berger 250 Grain Hybrid bullet or a 7mm Rem Mag using a Nosler 168 Grain AccuBond bullet.

Those are my personal preferences. There are lots of adequate combinations.

Matching Gun to Game

Large thin-skinned dangerous game (CXP3)
My second category of thin-skinned dangerous game includes the really large predators, the African lion and the Asian tiger plus the grizzly, brown and polar bears. Full grown big cats can weigh between 300 and 500 pounds; the great bears average about 700 pounds and can grow to twice that size in exceptional cases. These are fast moving animals that can be hard to stop and they deserve serious caliber rifles. Good bullet placement is paramount. Powerful all-around rifles that can deliver upwards of 2,000 ft. lbs. of energy at 200 yards, such as the .30-06 and 7mm Magnum, have often been used successfully. They should be regarded as the practical minimum for these dangerous beasts.

Caliber Specific Stuff

If I wasn't looking for trouble and just out for a walk on my property (limited to a sidearm) ... I'd opt for a Glock 20 and two spare mags loaded with 180 Grain Underwood Gold Dots. If I thought there might be trouble, there's no sidearm that would give me comfort. My .357 or .44 magnum might stop one 800 lb. predator ... but two or three??

We carry 12ga. mainly. And my personal sidearm is a PT-22. So Ill be aiming for its mouth if the need ever arises. Lol. Atleast Ill die knowing that one wont be eating me.

You really drove home some points Ive been trying to make. I really appreciate your contributing to this thread.

For those of you thinking about photographing or killing one for research or profit.

Dont say "I didnt know."
If your reading this, they know you do.

When the big boys descend on you, they are going to do their job, thoroughly. And you cannot fault someone, for doing their job.
Freemason or not, Baptist minister, Local level L.E.O., it dont matter to them one bit, for whatever reason the subject is taboo.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

BTW. Does anyone know why an osprey would be flying around here in circles for 15 minutes at just above tree top level, with the rotors up, like a helicopter?

And what do ospreys do?

Ospreys drop air assault troops (from just above tree top level ... LOL). They're pretty fast compared to a helicopter and have pretty good range. Their OPTEMPO has been increased of late and they're being seen in unexpected places.

Unexpected places?

Like places where BF sightings have been reported in the last 24 hours?

Because thats what happened when we contacted the JRG. Will says they moniter all sasquatch enthusiasts for chatter.

We live near NAS Pensacola, Fl.
We see all kinds of aircraft.

That was the first time Ive ever seen one of those though. We thought it was a chinook(?) not sure of the spelling. It was Really, really loud. The next two weeks, after dark, helicopters were hovering in same location the osprey had circled. Till we went to bed. I dont know how long after that. Activity died off during this time, and then ramped up afterwards with a vengeance.

Either they're getting in some annual training or they're ramping up for the real deal. I have a bad feeling it's the latter.

Send me a PM if you want me to host your BF pictures for you. Pretty sure I can upload them and then PM you the code so you can publish them in your post to the thread.

Ok.
Thank you for that, Im on my way to work.
Will check back with you this afternoon.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

They obviously won't do their job thoroughly as your here posting. All we have to do is throw change down...

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheErlenmeyerFlask
This stands for the OP as well as any other researcher - if there is damaged or destroyed cameras, aluminum house siding, dead pets, broken audio recorders, the list goes on and on, i'd like to see pictures of said item/animal.

If there is anyway to further verify BF existence, we'll need to be more analytical with hard evidence.

I have trace evidence, plaster cast, damage to my home, a metal gate nearly ripped in two, a broken wireless camera, and atleast a dozen or more reports to the Sheriffs Dept. for various missing and/or damaged property.

Can you post up pictures and could you send me the broken wireless camera? I'd like to review the damage - a lot of pictures would work too. Let me know, thanks.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheErlenmeyerFlask
As I read this thread, and with other descriptions of bigfoot encounters, I often hear about all the broken/destroyed AV equipment followed up with investigators and home owners not wanting to waste more money on equipment. Which I totally understand..

One thing sticks out to me (for the record I am prior service Army and was a 31B [Military Police]), so i'm often over- analytical.... so here goes...

I would like to see evidence of all the broken cameras and equipment, not solely to verify the story, but to investigate the damage more closely. In Iraq, you can perform some basic forensics to categorize IED/EFPs, after a while you can tell (say by someone's soldering skills or how they wire snip and create devices) who might have built the explosive device. In addition, If I had a few hundred or a thousands dollars wrapped up in cameras, and I returned to check the cards and they were all smashed or broken? I would collect and videotape that evidence as well as take them all to the Police for fingerprinting (criminal trespassing, theft, property is a felony when costs rises over $500 in some states).

I deer hunt on a friends property, being said, at this moment I have a handful of trail cams set up, new batteries, and a 32gb SD card in each. Though its not deer (almost spring turkey) I like to see bucks drop sheds, fawns start showing up, etc... and yea, sometimes a d-bag hunter or kids will steal your cam. I've never had them broke but I have had them stolen, it happens to just about every hunter over a lifetime, but if I go and check my cams this weekend and swap batteries to find them all battered and beaten or ripped off the trees, I would glove-up and take in the evidence. The SD cards (I use microSD in a adapter), so the cards are pretty protected, you could run it over with a truck and probably still pull pics.

Anyway, I digress, I would like to see pictures of someone's AV equipment all bashed up... because no one (with great trepidation I assume) would purposefully destroy their 1,000 dollars worth of gear to perpetuate a hoax, and secondly I can't imagine someone not documenting the destruction of 1,000 worth of gear for either criminal purposes to turn into LEO (even if NOT under the story of a big foot investigation so you don't get laughed at, roger, I get it) but either way you dice it up... if someone says ALL their gear was destroyed, and you can't show me broken plastic. I'm skeptic of the story. Not of bigfoot as much as the story.

I have no skin in the game - I believe they may exist, never seen one, I honestly believe many stories are true, but one thing I am 100% sure of, is people lie, and people lie for the silliest of reasons.

I don't want to say you blueyeddevlwoman made it up, not at all, interesting story, but would love to see the broken gear for the above reasons.

Also, if you take a picture on a digital device, immediately place it in a faraday cage device. that might help, just a thought.

Thank you for your husbands UDT/SEAL service. I served in Iraq in 08-10 and looking back am eternally greatful for ops I never knew existed or went down, but I've seen icons show up in a weird spot on the BFT then disappear when we tried messaging the unit. Also glad to know dudes go in darker places.

Thank you very much for your service.

My husband has never served in the military, neither have I.

Nor, have I ever made such a claim.

Stolen cameras , property damage reported to BCSD multiple times.

Deputies recommendations?

Buy more cameras and place them up higher.

So we dont bother calling in, we just photograph it.

If you look in the thread. Someone posted an AP story from the West Coast US.

Why would deputies not include the drivers testimony?

Even if they believed her to be delusional. Her statement could have been used to determine her sanity, possible drug or alcohol use, brain tumor. At the very least a possible contributing factor to the mv accident.

Could you possibly read that article and please give me your honest opinion?

I think its because they are not allowed to use the "S" word in official reports.

What do you think?

I misread your earlier posts - it was your husbands farrier teacher that was UDT, not him, i'm tracking now. Anyhow, to avoid dragging a uniform to your home to do another report they won't believe - you can file them online in most cases. These usually are reports that we know nothing will come of, but need to be reported for documentation purposes only - example, during this heated election, a lot of yard signs were stolen - though the police can't do much to find these people, filing a police report is needed because such things should be documented for hate crime, political targeting etc.

I would see if you county sheriff or police dept has online reporting system that just puts the report in the system and you don't need to ask an officer to show up. However, if you have thousands of dollars of damage, this is a felony and must be reported.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Like places where BF sightings have been reported in the last 24 hours?

Just cranking up one of those birds costs thousands of dollars. To me, it seems doubtful a tasking would go out to investigate on such a described scale. You'd be more likely to get a drone in response ... and I even doubt the military would do that for a BF sighting/report. It's just not what they do.

they moniter all sasquatch enthusiasts for chatter.

I could see that. Entertaining radio intercept training keeps one at it voluntarily rather than being forced to do routine BS. That's another thing I've 'learned' since this thread opened. I had no idea there'd be that sort of chatter going out on the subject. BF is either something you live with ... or something we see in cycles on the boards.

-Cheers

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Yes, it looks like something struck the window. Why does it have to be Bigfoot? None of your pictures look like anything unusual.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Buck

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

mate id be using a mounted .50cal id be getting no where near these things if they are that strong and fast

would tranq's even work , like the same stuff they use for male elephants ?

id never like to get close to one of these beasts , when a gorilla will easily tear your limbs off , think how much damage a BF could do !

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Apparently it can't even fully break a window, so not much.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I can't say for sure the contact mark you are showing caused the breaking.

There are essentially four ways glass can break, assuming this is not tempered, three ways. 1 impact breakage, 2 stress cracks, 3 edge damage, and 4 spontaneous breakage (tempered)

Your cracks originated from edge damage, at first glance I thought (by your pictures rotation) that someone tried climbing a window (rubber residue on frame) and that caused the damaged. However upon closer look I noticed the tree reflection and the frame should be vertical rather than shown horizontal, so okay, no body climbed it and left shoe residue.

Additionally, the impact (rubber residue streaking area) doesn't really line up with the edge damage origin spot, usually called the 'oyster' or 'clam'.

Honestly looks like your glass door had existing edge damage, and someone slammed it and it cracked. the frame is all jacked up as is.

However, if you can find something nearby that could explain the rubber or black residue that is streaked across the vertical frame would be VERY helpful.

again, i'm not discounting the pictures or account, just entertaining these hard facts. I very easily could see someone or something striking the frame with something or attempting to pry it - how wide is that black rubber looking streak on the frame?

If only an inch or so, maybe a prypar, if four or five inches wide what else laying around the yard could have been used?

Thanks for the pictures, and next time ensure proper orientation. Thanks! keep the info coming

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join