It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living With Sasquatches

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

You should go to Sasquatch Chronicles and listen to some of his episodes. There are many that do not require membership to listen to. BEDW's story is rather tame compared to a lot of them. These are not creatures to be taken lightly.

There's one story of a rancher who watched a big Alfa male lift a full grown steer off the ground by its head, shook it and ripped the head clean off the body.

Can you imagine what they could do to a human.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: twohawks

You should go to Sasquatch Chronicles and listen to some of his episodes. There are many that do not require membership to listen to. BEDW's story is rather tame compared to a lot of them. These are not creatures to be taken lightly.

There's one story of a rancher who watched a big Alfa male lift a full grown steer off the ground by its head, shook it and ripped the head clean off the body.

Can you imagine what they could do to a human.

I have not seen any stories of them putting holes in a neck not eating an animal, they generally take any animal into the woods not kill them on site nor leave them. I live in "bigfoot country" but they are usually reported to shy away from humans unless humans come into an area clearly their own out in the wilderness and then they seem to attempt to scare them off.
Dogs when confronted with bear or I would suspect sasquatch tend to go silent and not bark at all I know this from many dogs and much experience. I can't imagine why it would suddenly lay claim to this area, not for food as it did not take the kills.
It does tend to sound more demonic though, this story. Hopefully we don't have some new engineered species loosed in the woods.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

There are many tales of them eating nothing more than the organs. There doesn't seem to be any set behavioral patterns, on the contrary, they seem to be as diverse as humanity is.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: twohawks

There are many tales of them eating nothing more than the organs. There doesn't seem to be any set behavioral patterns, on the contrary, they seem to be as diverse as humanity is.

All creatures have patterns of behavior.

www.bfro.net...

Their responses to people vary from immediate withdrawal, the most common response, to lengthy inspection if no threat is perceived. They seem to react in a more relaxed fashion to women and children and avoid men, even in an accustomed setting, possibly as a function of human body language. All told, they are unaggressive to a fault, often leisurely retreating while being shot at. There is no documented case in the past 100 years of a sasquatch doing deliberate harm to a person.

Sasquatches seem to be indulgent of human children and small animals, like puppies, goat kids, and kittens. Several reports suggest that they may opportunistically retain small animals to use as live toys or pets as has been observed in bonobos. On the other hand, they reserve a special distaste for aggressive dogs, as do gorillas. They deal with these by slapping them (causing a 75 lb. dog to fly 40’) or flailing them against trees.

edit on 3-4-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: twohawks

Humans have a pretty good set of fixed behavioral patterns...

For example: No matter where you go, no matter how primitive the people (e.g. Amazonian Tribes) they stay near a water and food source, they build a shelter and they create fire. It was once thought the oldest congruent tribe of humans on North Sentinel Island (40k + years) did not have fire, but smoke has been seen rising from settlements on the island interior. Whether it is domesticated fire or natural fire that has been saved (see some Andamanese groups) for later use matters not, humans like their fire.

While there may be cultural differences, it would be pretty easy to track even the most elusive of humans due to our natural tendencies.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

Just for clarification, my being a mason has nothing to do with anything related to Bigfoot.

Huh?

We don't secretly hide that information from the public, just the giant meteor that's hurdling towards.......never mind.

Dont forget the magic money card Mr. Icke rattled on about. Everyone knows you guys dont have to work for anything.

Oh..and virgin sacrifice night.....cant forget that./sarc

My discussion about the neighbor being a mason begins and ends with something only masons understand about trustworthiness among brothers. I know he wouldn't lie and he knows I wouldn't lie, so we have that part hashed out ahead of time. If he chooses not to contact me, that's fine too, the world will still turn.

Let you in on a little secret.....we all know that about yall already....lol

All I know is that $1000000.00 check aint coming with Network Dude.

What yall did or did not talk about is none of my business.

I know the routine, thoroughly.

With the exception of Jimmy Novack, I have never had a problem with a Mason. Ever.

Until today. Not saying it was you, him or masonry in general.

Just saying, all of a sudden.

He aint got nothing to say to us no more.
My husband is devastated.
My son is .....confused.
But Im sure he will figure it out.
One day.

Thats all I got.

Just seems odd.

I mentioned the million in the message......oh yeah, I forgot, magic money card...duh.

He dont need a million...lol.

Must be nice. I may have to trade up when sasquatches eat my idiot husband.

But I do have an interest in this subject and have since being a kid. I watched all the specials, read the books, picked apart the Patterson film frame by frame, even got excited when the idiot Biscotti claimed to have a bigfoot body, but as always, reality is more mundane than fantasy.

Well, I havent. Ever.
I barely remember the Patty film.

To be clear the Biscotti is fantasy, and the Patty film was "mundane" then?

In your opinion?

Poor example maybe?

Should an opportunity arise to investigate a bigfoot sighting with real camera equipment and the perfect location, I'd be tickled to go, just for the fun of it. I sincerely doubt anything besides known wildlife would be seen, but I would love to be proven wrong on that.

For a $1,000,000
I can guarantee you your wish, alas, Ive no Mason to verify my testimony.

Oh well,

OP, if you were a bit less defensive about the questioners,

The questioners that ask questions about things I have no clue what they are talking about? Or the questioner that reffered to my husband as an "idiot"

Or the actual questioners that can keep civil tones and actually formulate an intelligible question? Like most have done.

If you are facing an offensive line of questioning, naturally you should become........a carrot?

you would go much farther in discussions.

Thanks, but I seem to be doing just fine considering this is only my third piece and I cant even embed vids or upload pics yet.

Thanks for the advice though.

You are in effect, trying to convince Atheists that God lives in your back yard, but offer nothing to back it up.

I know. Ive stated as much. Repeatedly. Right?

Wrong.

Clearly state at the beginning.

"I am not trying to prove the existence of....."

Yall can come over if you like.

Like I said, I aint scared.

And I have more trace evidence of sasquatches existing in my living room, than you will ever find of the flying spaghetti monster.
Im attempting to be fair with that statement.
Not picking on any one particular religon or anti-religon.

Comon, you believe something a guy named Moses said thousands of years ago. But you wont believe thousands of people today?

Not all people think the same.

Doesnt mean I think you are crazy for believing what you believe.

Why do you think Im crazy for believing what I believe?

Hmm

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

So I hope I am not exposing my BF nerdiness here, but my personal theory is that Dogs may be the biggest thread to BF if they are indeed out there. Most wild dogs run in packs and their defensive/offensive behavior is indistinguishable from a protective domesticated dog. I could see a pack of wolves giving a BF problems, or a pack of coyotes trying to snatch it's food supply.

A solo big cat typically won't attack something much larger than itself unless it determines that that thing is too injured to defend itself so I doubt they fear big cats as much as they would a pack of dogs. Since cougars don't run in prides there isn't really any danger to a BF.

So I see most of the stories about BF killing or attacking a dog as the BF just making sure no packs of dogs are in its territory.

With that said...I've seen a boar ram a dog knocking it several yards. I've seen a bear slap a dog and send it flying. These are things I've personally seen with my own eyes. I could see how someone could mistake damage done to a dog for a BF because they just can't explain how it happened.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

In almost 35 years of interest in Sasquatch and other Forteana ... I had never thought of the connection.

I don't think I've ever heard any story about BF using fire.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Our dogs are also a threat because they multiply our effective sensory range considerably.

The dog-human partnership goes back ... a long way. If there are other primates who have lived along side us all these years, they know that we're really only dangerous in numbers, and with our dogs in tow.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I've travelled this week from Atlanta to Nashville on business. As we were driving up here, I found myself scanning the tree lines again ... something I haven't done in years. The forests of TN (and GA) for that matter do grow thickly.

I'm starting to wonder if these guys are literally "all around us."

If they are ... there has to be some other aspect that we aren't picking up on.

From the images and tracks we've seen ... these are HUGE animals. They would take an enormous amount to feed every day, and apparently they only have hunting-gathering technology.

I think that's one of my biggest mental "stopping" points ... the necessary range and the food requirements.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I think that's one of my biggest mental "stopping" points ... the necessary range and the food requirements.

A female was seen gathering beach seaweed near here, it looked at the trucker who watched it in the early AM as he had stopped by the sea with disdain and walked right on across the road with arms full.

My thought is they live and sleep often in the tops of large trees where we have seen possible nests. In the pacific NW they say they may be eating types of tree lichen for one food. bear live off small things mostly but must be really good at finding it.

"The sasquatch is an omnivore with a substantial carnivorous component to its diet. They have been observed directly to eat leaves, berries, fruits, roots, aquatic plants and other vegetable matter, catch fish, dig up clams or ground squirrels, and prey on poultry, deer, elk and bear.

We saw a large ground nest in the forest in the winter, it was thick with tree limbs full of leaves and had been laid on it was surrounded by large 6" limbs on three side s that had been broke and laid, we later saw tracks cross a stream bed in the same area.The area was by a wide stretch of high blackberries that covered many acres.

We have bear and the ones coming in the yards are proceeded by all the neighborhood dogs going silent once the bear are close even the aggressive ones next door only whimper. I would think they would do the same with something even more threatening.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

ATS has never been a site that encourages unsubstantiated belief in anything.

Never.

I do believe that the Grey Area is just for that purpose?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

ATS has never been a site that encourages unsubstantiated belief in anything.

Never.

I do believe that the Grey Area is just for that purpose?

Grey Area is not encouraging unsubstantiated belief ... but limits calls for evidence for fringe theorizing. (Oops, that's Skunk Works).

Grey Area is for personal testimony. There's no encouragement to BELIEVE said testimony, is there?

Not quite the same.
edit on 3-4-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

From the images and tracks we've seen ... these are HUGE animals. They would take an enormous amount to feed every day, and apparently they only have hunting-gathering technology.

How many calories do you believe they could find in 2000sqft. of marshland?

Plenty of food everywhere, just may have to change your perspective of what "food" means.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Still, what's the "average weight" of the reported Sasquatches? 600-800 lbs?

Low quality feed ... maybe 2% of body weight per day?

12 lbs or so for the smallest ones ... every day?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Good point. I would assume that "food" would have to be organic, if we're talking foraging (like grass, twigs, etc.) as I said, that's at least 12 lbs of food per day every day per individual and probably more like 20 LBS per day.

All that high fiber food and no spoor?

You don't find that ... hard to swallow as an intellectual concept?

I'm not disclaiming the BF existence ...

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

When I refer to behavioral patterns, I'm not referencing individuals, I'm referring to the species as a whole which also seem to have subsets of a number of different types. Individuals seem to act differently than groups, certain areas have more aggressive types, some seem friendly and curious, others act like they want to rip your head off.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: recrisp

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: recrisp

Neither can I ! I've been trying to follow this thread from start to finish but getting totally lost now in the veiled threats, cryptic innuendos and backbiting. I've no clue what you're on about even after reading your bolded post you linked. Anyone feel like summarising? lol

Well, it's pretty clear as far as I can see, but then again, I was asking for opinions.

Here's what I have shown.

She has said things that I have in BOLD...
I have said things that I have in BOLD...
See ANY similarities?
No?
Well then...
I find it odd that 'just reading ONLY what I have in BOLD' cannot be deciphered.

Carry on then, I just thought I would point something out that 'should be evident, but I guess that goes over many people's heads.
Thanks for your reply though.

Oh!

Your saying I copied your work. Or borrowed from it. I see what you are saying now.

Thats nice.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: twohawks

Do you have the more aggressive types in your area?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

I think they are referring to the paragraph where you said a man you'd known for years wasn't talking to you and you said "wouldn't know anything about that would you "raymondoko"?
Seems to me you were accusing him of doing something or other

My bad, I thought I asked him if he knew why my neighbors aint my friends no more.

Sorry if it came across as "doing something "

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join