It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living With Sasquatches

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

The fix is, you need to move, it's too bad that you can't afford to. I agree with all that you wrote, with ANY AGENCY if that scenario you described, they would hide whatever they feel needs hiding, of that I am sure. I almost feel as though the agencies screw with us for fun.

Thanks for your details answer, Caver.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

I'm convinced this person is here to hone story telling/writing skills...

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt now, she may prove us all wrong, you never know. I may have been too rough in the beginning.

Thanks!

You have a U2U thing, if it worked, I don't know what I am doing.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: blueyedevilwoman
I can see your points but what if this was a human doing these things? If the local people can't or wont help you then it's really up to you. It still comes down to who controls who.
When I said shoot them I didn't mean firing willy nilly, like any hunt you have to choose your ground and make sure about over shoot.
One of the things that shouldn't stop you is retaliation. If they retaliate you step it up a notch. If all the military in the world worried about retaliation there would be no wars. And I'm not saying do it alone. Surely others in your neighborhood are bothered by them, form a hunting group.
By the way I accept I'm not in your situation (which I feel for you) and am only a keyboard warrior but YOU have to do something and if it means what I've already said.......

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: recrisp

My husband was involved in a robbery turned shooting at a fairly young age. 18. He shielded three children and recovered his critically wounded nephew while under fire.

After that,
A couple of years later he found himself in a warzone inside of the U.S.
Not many people understand the kind of savagery that went down after a big hurricane nearly wiped Homestead, Fl. off the map some years back.
He lived in the middle of that for 6 months. Miami/Dade County Line.
US1
KandK RV Repair and Services

We can tell the same way you can tell real combat vets, like what Im getting at above.

The initiated get a little tiny dose of ptsd.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Weird, it sounds as though you were describing my post I made a few days ago ina completely different thread, funny, huh?
For brevity I didn't go into all of the details about what happened to me because it wasn't about me. I am only referring to what I have BOLDED, I leave the rest due to otherwise it wouldn't make much sense, just in case anyone thought more was needed. Please read only that which applies to what has been BOLDED.
I am not trying to derail this thread, but you have to admit, pretty good coincidence.
Thank you!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I wouldn't use my dog for defense, but I know that most do, plus, I have yappers, not large dogs.

Anyway, that is one way to go about protecting your family and yourself, it's just not one that appeals to me, but I have not been through that scenario before. If someone shot MY dog game on is exactly what it'd be, but that's another thread.

You are 100% correct about the police coming in and doing their' "sweep", they should not kill all three, and not even one if he is complying, which sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.
The thing is, (most) homeowners are not the police, so while that sounds good what you just said, it's not how it usually goes down.
I just wrote about how I was broken into years ago with my wife and I asleep, they lived, but I did have a gun, more than likely won't be doing any more break-ins after their attempt though. I am not one of those killer types that tell everyone that I will blow someone's head off if they come at me, I am trained enough to use a gun properly but I know when to use it and when not to. I have been a victim a LOT of times in my life, I have been in so many situations that I am pretty sure I have PTSD, although I had no idea as to what to call it then. I have actually been at deaths door many times and so far i have not killed anyone for their attempts, which is a good thing.
I know what you mean though, but you can't say what you will do not unless you have been in someone's shoes that has, meaning that guy that killed the 3. You can say what you feel you would/should do, but not what you would do.

I will say that back around 18 years ago I lived in Irving, Texas, before the Castle Law, but you could still (supposedly) shoot and kill an intruder, but you may or may not get off Scott free. Anyway, one Friday night in January around 9:30pm my wife woke me up to say she heard a noise, (there's a LOT more to this story, but I'll keep in short) so I grabbed my .357 pistol and headed towards the front door. While I was there listening, finally I heard a 'THUMP!", that was someone at my back sliding door popping the (flimsy) lock and then I heard the sliding door open. He stuck his head inside between the vertical curtain and looked around, right then I had to make a decision. Was I to shoot him or try and stop him? I made the decision to NOT kill him and I said, "Stay right where you are!", (Which I know from movies...). He immediately panicked, ran as fast as possible, and by the time I made the 12 feet to my door he was already 20' to my 6' fence climbing to the top. I said something, I really can't remember, but as I did I decided again to not shoot to kill, so I shot into the ground 3 times to scare him. Well, he was so scared that he broke the top of my (semi-new) fence off, then took off. Funny too 'cause I didn't have any bullets in it, so it only did a "click-click-click!"... heheh Why it was unloaded is that I used that at my lake cabin and traveling to and fro, I always unloaded it while traveling though, and I ALWAYS reload it when I get back home, except this time.
So, I didn't kill anyone, they eventually turned themselves in after I told the police things, plus they left their car in front of my house, the car keys were found on the other side on the gate he broke the top off when he was so scared he was about to die.
I was given the choice of them going to jail or boot camp, and if you have ever seen anything about boot camps they do way more than jail will. So I chose boot camp to 'hopefully' make them think about what they did, hopefully to change them.
After that I was reimbursed by them (restitution) for the physical house damage which only came to $35., I never heard about what happened to them afterwards, so I don't know how they are.

I will say how we were though, that was a feeling that you NEVER-EVER lose, once of being violated, probably similar but maybe not as bad a being raped, although you definitely feel raped. That was years ago and I still to this day feel that violation, it's not as bad but it has made me think that the next time since I something could be worse. I'd hate the think of having blood on my hands, I am not a killer, I had to make the choice of taking someone's life that night, so I know I am not.

When I was 18 my night manager and I was robbed by gunpoint and the 3 robbers used a gun and shot my manager, they needed me to help them open the safe, and I was seconds away from almost certain death when 2 guys (I knew) walked into the store. That more than likely saved me because they probably didn't want to kill 4 people, not that they wouldn't, they probably were thinking of the time it'd take, they were without any remorse when they shot the manager.

I am not trying to go into all of that but I do want to say that I have been violated many times in the past, these are definitely not the only times stuff like this has happened, so I am fed up, I am sick of people that do this stuff, without any cares about anything. These types of people are beyond callous, I knew of many, many that were/are like that, they just don't care about anybody or anything, so when I see that people break into a house or hijack a car, weapon or not, we don't know what they might be carrying. They more than likely will try and hurt you, don't give then a chance to.

I could go on and on but I will spare you all.

My point is, never try and second guess what a criminal will do to you, it could be your life or theirs, you didn't do anything to make them come into your house, they trespassed, so there you go...

I'm sorry to be so long but I did try my best in making it shorter, believe that or not.

Are you asking a question?
If so I am not understanding it.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I can see your points but what if this was a human doing these things? If the local people can't or wont help you then it's really up to you. It still comes down to who controls who.
When I said shoot them I didn't mean firing willy nilly, like any hunt you have to choose your ground and make sure about over shoot.
One of the things that shouldn't stop you is retaliation. If they retaliate you step it up a notch. If all the military in the world worried about retaliation there would be no wars. And I'm not saying do it alone. Surely others in your neighborhood are bothered by them, form a hunting group.
By the way I accept I'm not in your situation (which I feel for you) and am only a keyboard warrior but YOU have to do something and if it means what I've already said.......

First. We have young children in our neighborhood.
I know my hubby could kill one.
What if they decide to take my grandchild that lives down the road? Or one of my neighbors children?

Read closely some of the things Caver 78 is going over. It is not, a dumb monkey.

Again I dont believe you understand the dangers involved with opening fire in a residential area.

We target practice in an area that is about the only direction you can safely shoot handguns or rifles. Shotguns are even a little to much to just fire in any direction.

So say I get one crossing my range. Hypothetically,

What then?

What if one comes running from the direction of the highway?

Shoot anyway and hope I dont miss?

Believe me, my husband spent months trying to figure out how to bag one.....or more. Got some guys in on it.

He backed out of the idea.

Possible revenge.

And, If one gets out of the controlled firing area.
You are either in big trouble, or worse you are going to have to fire in a direction that is not safe to do so.

Again, I do not live in the wilds of Montana.

I know and its ok for you to think "what would I do"
The devil is in the details.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: recrisp

I'm convinced this person is here to hone story telling/writing skills...

I thought it was to hoax ats?

Or was it seeking attention......

I forget, you have thrown so many out there.
I especially want you to hang around.

Maybe Net Dude and ATS will feel generous and spring for you a ticket.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

thank you for the thread.
of all the paranormal discussions we have here on ATS, sasquatch is the only one that i think could be a reality.
the patterson film is what makes me think there is something in the woods that we haven't explained yet.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

It is a coincidence.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

thank you for the thread.
of all the paranormal discussions we have here on ATS, sasquatch is the only one that i think could be a reality.
the patterson film is what makes me think there is something in the woods that we haven't explained yet.

Thank you for reading and contributing to the thread.

I think swampman, mothman, dogman, grassman, are all examples of the same type of creature. Kinda like a donkey, a zebra, a horse, a pony. To the untrained eye, they appear the same basically. But they all have unique traits and abilities assigned to each.

The Patterson film is a very good example.

How much proof, is enough proof?
I wonder sometimes.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

It is a coincidence.

What is?

I dont understand what you are saying?
Sorry.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

It is a coincidence.

What is?

I dont understand what you are saying?
Sorry.

Never mind, it's not important, it wasn't that big of a deal.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab
Well, excuse this little slightly OT comment, but ...

sasquatch is the only one that i think could be a reality

Is a loaded statement that dis's millions who have experienced some pretty weird things... including "ghosts," unidentified flying junk and the like.

A good rule of thumb is, if many, many people describe something that happened to them and it matches a good number of other reports over the years, then it's a good chance it exists, or happens ...in some manner.

One doesn't find voluminous "folk tales" about furniture coming to life, and such.

So... ghosties, goblins, trolls... fairies... they have a provenance that spans centuries and the world.. .and so, there is likely a "there, there," however rare, that is NOT totally dependent upon "faith" and more on the five (or more) senses.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed

Would have to know what caliber to use. Also know they are never alone unless it's an outcast.

Also know and realize they can move with speed and grace unlike ANY OTHER creature on this planet. Not mentioning the anatomy...where is the kill shot? Same way before you shoot a grizzly bear you had best be sure! And just imagine...these things kill grizzly bears with their hands!

Perhaps you may find reports...excuse me RUMORS...as to what happen to some hunters who have taken shots.

Speaking of taking shots...you must appreciate the size and girth of some to understand why some people don't shoot.

The one I witnessed, we had our M16's lol (no ammo of course) even if loaded I had no faith in shooting that thing. And this was before I knew squat about squatch.

With what I know now, I wouldn't dare shoot one in the vicinity of my dwelling unless they harmed my loved ones first. You are dealing with a real life Predator.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

My quote does not exclude the others.

By default it would be a hoax and you would be seeking attention.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandeezee

Where did you get your M-16?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

I wonder sometimes.

It remains unproven, so obviously not enough.

Did you ever post up the images of the damaged gate and Police reports? If not then what is the reason for delay?

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: OnionHead

I wonder sometimes.

It remains unproven, so obviously not enough.

Did you ever post up the images of the damaged gate and Police reports? If not then what is the reason for delay?

Patty film not enough proof?

In your opinion how much proof would be enough?

Dead or Living specimen on public display.
Would that be enough.

No I have not yet.
The reason? Mason stuff.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

My quote does not exclude the others.

By default it would be a hoax and you would be seeking attention.

Thank you for clarification of your stance.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
blueyedevilwoman doesnt have to prove anything, she is just sharing her interesting experiences.
those haters/'disinfo agents' are really annoying and distracting.
Those who look for 'undeniable proof' should start their own research.
I wouldn't feed those at the first place.

cheers
edit on 3-4-2017 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join