It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living With Sasquatches

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
First, I would like to say, you live in a scary place. Being that I am from the mountains of East Tennessee and have a cabin in the back wood, that is saying something. In the fall, October, my wife and I spend a month or so in your area fishing for Reds and stay on County Road 6. I haven't seen or heard anything like a BF down there but that country is very dense, as you said, can't see 20 yards in woods while I have been there. Perhaps it thins out some in winter? Nothing would surprise me. We have taken our boat several miles up the Bon Secure River and once you get beyond the houses, that area is primeval. Snakes, gators, all kinds of birds, deer, and other game.

At my cabin in Tennessee, west of Jamestown, I have heard things in the night, calls, thumps, and tapping. Not the usual animal sounds. I don't really know if I am a believer, but it gives you pause. If I go out at night I always carry my old 45. I don't know what I would do if I encountered a BF, but I don't intend to disappear. Some of the locals talk of hairy men, or wood critters and such, so I remain cautious.

Good luck with your neighbors. Send me a picture if you get any.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I share your rage.

Mothers rage for me.

Im not going to sit by, while good men with excellent backgrounds, like David P. tell us flat out basically. That something is living amongst us. And occasionally they kidnap children.

It is ridiculous that adults in our country are treated like children with santa claus type stories. Simply to pacify and entertain.

In this very thread is an account of a member, that states as a child, one of these critters was messing around her home.

This is common, and it needs to stop.

Again my main goal is awareness.
We must bring this subject to the level of common knowledge.

Religon and science be damned.

If people cant handle the truth............move into the insane asylums. Let the rest of us get this figured out.

My honest opinion. Alot of researchers are gathering the trace evidence for later down the road for the big "I told you so" moment.

I also believe the more popular a researcher, the more likely they are to avoid certain topics. As if by design.

And again, men tend to have that "I aint scared" front, its obvious to me, the ones that have encoutered them. They are afraid. The ones who havent are not.

Honestly, hubby is fascinated and terrified at the same time. He tries to encourage them to stay in one area. They planted fruit trees for them last year. He wants serious scrutiny of these critters and sees us as being in a unique position to do so. He also believes the subject is officially taboo, so how do you get a real scientist, if you cant even get a real photographer?

Extremely frustrating to say the least.

I just want to move.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

Thank you for that.

You know it's not something I announce. If I have difficulty with it how can I expect anyone else to relate?
Plus....there's no up-side to it, you just sound like a "crazy person".

The simple answer to "would I move" used to be YES!!!! OH HELL YES!!!!
The reality is financially we couldn't.

Additionally what no one but people who are in this situation don't know is, where are you going to go? Like Black Bears and coyotes BF is pretty much everywhere. Read the BFRO reports. Look at the maps. I hate the city and I detest Apartment living. That's pretty much the only option.

In general people are still debating their existence without honestly understanding "that ship sailed" they are here, have been here and now due to human expansion they are running into us more frequently and we HAVE to learn to deal with it.

Honestly I don't want to, didn't want to be "forced" to have too and I don't do it well either. Plus it's not like the Bigfoots are very cooperative. Leaving stick sign and flipping patio furniture may be clear communication to them but I'm not getting it. I'm not sure I even WANT to "get it".

When BEDW started this thread I will admit I was hopeful that some other people like me would show up and we could commiserate and maybe people who have doubts and are RIGHTFULLY skeptical would hear us out. Would look past the silliness that's all over the internet about "gifting" and "the BF are the forest guardians" and the insane crap of "they are here to teach us".

That we could honestly talk about the reality of how you have to change your life and are forced to deal with the incomprehensible and NO....it's not fun, it's not easy and a lot of us DON"T WANT TO DO IT!!!!
We were fine just thinking like the rest of you that BF was in remote areas for other people to deal with. That if you didn't go backpacking into the back country you wouldn't run into them.

I don't want to be ostracized for something I have no control over and DIDN'T ask for OR encourage!!!
Life may not be fair, but this REALLY SUCKS. You guys just don't understand how much it blows. I don't want to be an anthropologist, I don't want to document my life just to be able to discuss it, I don't want to have folks yelling at me to buy camera's when I can barely afford my utilities. So I just never talk about it. It becomes shameful and painful.

You will never understand how mortified I was the night I first met my soon to be daughter in law and right there in the driveway one whooped and my son wanted to go after it and I'm left to explain to her about BF? Mother in laws get a bad rap as it is, but now Hey! Your new MIL "plays with cryptids!" I could have died from embarrassment and shame.
It makes visiting me not only questionably unsafe, but weird.

I don't want to be "freaky MIL!!!"

But now I am, and altho I have a good relationship with her, we don't discuss BF we ignore it. But it's there like the elephant in the room. It "taints" things.

Hope this makes sense to you?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
First, I would like to say, you live in a scary place. Being that I am from the mountains of East Tennessee

My father in law's family is from Rockwood

and have a cabin in the back wood, that is saying something. In the fall, October, my wife and I spend a month or so in your area fishing for Reds and stay on County Road 6.

About 7 miles from me. 6 and 59

I haven't seen or heard anything like a BF down there but that country is very dense, as you said, can't see 20 yards in woods while I have been there. Perhaps it thins out some in winter?

Not really. Unless it gets bushhogged or burned off.
It just turns brown. A good bit of evergreen shrubs too.

Nothing would surprise me. We have taken our boat several miles up the Bon Secure River and once you get beyond the houses, that area is primeval. Snakes, gators, all kinds of birds, deer, and other game.

Yes some people dont get it. They think if it is so close, just rush in and take a pic. These critters can cover 50 yards in this stuff, no problem in seconds.
The same course would take a very determined man 5 -10 minutes. With a machete.

We only have a couple of deadly snakes and spiders around here. Copperheads and moccasins are pit vipers, they wont kill you, but they leave a serious mark.

At my cabin in Tennessee, west of Jamestown, I have heard things in the night, calls, thumps, and tapping. Not the usual animal sounds. I don't really know if I am a believer, but it gives you pause. If I go out at night I always carry my old 45. I don't know what I would do if I encountered a BF, but I don't intend to disappear. Some of the locals talk of hairy men, or wood critters and such, so I remain cautious.

Keep that .45 handy and visible. Chances are you wont see one. But if you do. You have the one thing on you that seems to effectively keep them at bay.

We are waiting on "Mason stuff"....lol.

I hope ATS gets the exclusive.

Thank you for contributing to the thread.

Side note. Owa is almost ready to open. Are yall planning on checking it out? It looks huge.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
a reply to: Deplorable

Thank you for that.

You know it's not something I announce. If I have difficulty with it how can I expect anyone else to relate?
Plus....there's no up-side to it, you just sound like a "crazy person".

The simple answer to "would I move" used to be YES!!!! OH HELL YES!!!!
The reality is financially we couldn't.

Additionally what no one but people who are in this situation don't know is, where are you going to go? Like Black Bears and coyotes BF is pretty much everywhere. Read the BFRO reports. Look at the maps. I hate the city and I detest Apartment living. That's pretty much the only option.

In general people are still debating their existence without honestly understanding "that ship sailed" they are here, have been here and now due to human expansion they are running into us more frequently and we HAVE to learn to deal with it.

Honestly I don't want to, didn't want to be "forced" to have too and I don't do it well either. Plus it's not like the Bigfoots are very cooperative. Leaving stick sign and flipping patio furniture may be clear communication to them but I'm not getting it. I'm not sure I even WANT to "get it".

When BEDW started this thread I will admit I was hopeful that some other people like me would show up and we could commiserate and maybe people who have doubts and are RIGHTFULLY skeptical would hear us out. Would look past the silliness that's all over the internet about "gifting" and "the BF are the forest guardians" and the insane crap of "they are here to teach us".

That we could honestly talk about the reality of how you have to change your life and are forced to deal with the incomprehensible and NO....it's not fun, it's not easy and a lot of us DON"T WANT TO DO IT!!!!
We were fine just thinking like the rest of you that BF was in remote areas for other people to deal with. That if you didn't go backpacking into the back country you wouldn't run into them.

I don't want to be ostracized for something I have no control over and DIDN'T ask for OR encourage!!!
Life may not be fair, but this REALLY SUCKS. You guys just don't understand how much it blows. I don't want to be an anthropologist, I don't want to document my life just to be able to discuss it, I don't want to have folks yelling at me to buy camera's when I can barely afford my utilities. So I just never talk about it. It becomes shameful and painful.

You will never understand how mortified I was the night I first met my soon to be daughter in law and right there in the driveway one whooped and my son wanted to go after it and I'm left to explain to her about BF? Mother in laws get a bad rap as it is, but now Hey! Your new MIL "plays with cryptids!" I could have died from embarrassment and shame.
It makes visiting me not only questionably unsafe, but weird.

I don't want to be "freaky MIL!!!"

But now I am, and altho I have a good relationship with her, we don't discuss BF we ignore it. But it's there like the elephant in the room. It "taints" things.

Hope this makes sense to you?

I know one line responses are discouraged so Ill add all this so I can say.

Ditto

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

First, I would like to say, you live in a scary place. Being that I am from the mountains of East Tennessee and have a cabin in the back wood, that is saying something. In the fall, October, my wife and I spend a month or so in your area fishing for Reds and stay on County Road 6. I haven't seen or heard anything like a BF down there but that country is very dense, as you said, can't see 20 yards in woods while I have been there. Perhaps it thins out some in winter? Nothing would surprise me. We have taken our boat several miles up the Bon Secure River and once you get beyond the houses, that area is primeval. Snakes, gators, all kinds of birds, deer, and other game.

Thanks for adding your pieces to this!

One thing I will say, people don't do this and they should. Look at all your local reports. They're scattered between multiple websites that take reports so it's a little time consuming.

Then map them out on
www.daftlogic.com...

Researchers keep treating reports like they are isolated events. That's nice, but useless. Use Daftlogic to see what the actual distances are between sightings. You may think oh there was one over here, one WAY over there, but when you start mapping them out you'll find the actual distances are not only shockingly LESS than you'd assume but you can also get a sense of "territory" over time.

We have to use roads, but the BF go cross country.
Match this up to topographic maps and you start to see potential routes of travel cause like us they will take the easier route. Factor in pockets of human population they would prefer to avoid and the picture becomes clearer.

THIS is why I say trying to find them if you really want to ISN"T THAT FREAKING HARD!!!
It's just homework and process of elimination.

and NO I can't pinpoint them to a specific spot on a specific day, but it's not that difficult by factoring in the season of the year in areas they have already been reported to figure out possibly, roughly that again they might be likely in the same area.

You also have to be cognizant of the fact that not all reports are made public either so if you have 5 or 10 sightings in an area over 20 years, just how many others didn't get reported or are unavailable to us?

Sorry I get so angry and frustrated but honest to GOD!!! I'm a dumb housewife and if I can do this so can the freaking so called researchers!!! I get livid cause if they were worth their salt they'd be telling me, not me telling THEM!!!
FFS!!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Thanks for adding your pieces to this!

One thing I will say, people don't do this and they should. Look at all your local reports. They're scattered between multiple websites that take reports so it's a little time consuming.

Then map them out on
www.daftlogic.com...

Researchers keep treating reports like they are isolated events. That's nice, but useless. Use Daftlogic to see what the actual distances are between sightings. You may think oh there was one over here, one WAY over there, but when you start mapping them out you'll find the actual distances are not only shockingly LESS than you'd assume but you can also get a sense of "territory" over time.

We have to use roads, but the BF go cross country.
Match this up to topographic maps and you start to see potential routes of travel cause like us they will take the easier route. Factor in pockets of human population they would prefer to avoid and the picture becomes clearer.

THIS is why I say trying to find them if you really want to ISN"T THAT FREAKING HARD!!!
It's just homework and process of elimination.

and NO I can't pinpoint them to a specific spot on a specific day, but it's not that difficult by factoring in the season of the year in areas they have already been reported to figure out possibly, roughly that again they might be likely in the same area.

You also have to be cognizant of the fact that not all reports are made public either so if you have 5 or 10 sightings in an area over 20 years, just how many others didn't get reported or are unavailable to us?

Sorry I get so angry and frustrated but honest to GOD!!! I'm a dumb housewife and if I can do this so can the freaking so called researchers!!! I get livid cause if they were worth their salt they'd be telling me, not me telling THEM!!!
FFS!!!!

I sympathize totally.

They are not that hard to find.

We think this commonalty with researchers is by design, with the more acceptable researchers.

Keeping the waters muddy.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Caver,

Have you ever tried to take a photograph, video, or recording of any of your encounters?
I ask that in as being as respectful I can say it too.

If you have, what happened?
If you haven't, why not?
If you did and got a picture, what happened to it?
If you did, did they disappear, or were they taken from you by government agencies?

For me, I would be relentless in getting some kind of 'something' that would not only prove that it was there, it would help my case so that I would not look like a nutcase, like some think when that happens.

Personally, I would not want to rest of the world to know about them being somewhere for certain due to it could be an extinction problem, everybody with a gun would be there. (There's too many scenarios that 'could' happen though without that)

Anyway, I hope that you take this as I mean it, I am genuinely asking a legitimate question, I am not mocking anyone.

Thank you in advance.

edit on 2-4-2017 by recrisp because: Added the word, "to" I left it out...

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Reply to Caver and Devilwoman:- let me get this straight. Where you live you are held hostage in your own house or can't seriously lead your normal life because a wild thing (I wont use the term animal as a few of you say it's not an animal) either way it kills animals and, through anecdotal evidence, killed people?
It might be a species that was in the US before man, but and it's the biggest but, it's your country now. It's your land , it's your property.
If there is a creature affecting you so much go on the offensive. Don't give me the excuse" oh I'm just a women". An 18 year old girl can shoot a hunting rifle and kill big game so it comes down to "it's me or it".
I don't care about "oh it's a new species we must study it, don't kill it" BS. Kill a couple, make the rest of the "tribe" fear man enough not to mess with you or better still make them extinct.
Can you make something extinct if people don't acknowledge their existence anyway.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I sympathize totally.

We think this commonalty with researchers is by design, with the more acceptable researchers.

Well thats a "new twist" on things. It's also one of the new things in bigfootery I hadn't heard so KUDO"s for bringing in a possible new conspiracy angle to this!

Here all this time I'd been blaming it on a lack of common sense and the fact "guys wanna play with toys" and make the whole topic harder than it has to be. OK...plus all the glad handing that goes on an back slapping, books and less than informational BF conferences....LOL!!

This will make any sane person question...

I got rooked into attending a local BF conference cause a friend was asked to attend. So....long story very short, very typically all the guy speakers were circle-jerking and OF COURSE no one could get the audio or VCR to work so everything came to a screaming halt cause some of the presentations were (gag) powerpoint.

Some of the speakers dressed like mainstream office workers, but a lot were in full camo-gear. I dunno if they thought WW3 was going to jump off during the conference? but WHOO BABY they were prepared for anything! (snickering)
Lets just say it was overkill?

While this was going on a nice gentleman was walking around dressed in a very bad BF costume.
(sure why not?)

By now I'm off into "sarcastic land" cause if you can't figure out a VCR in 2010 I have very serious doubts you can reliably and scientifically collect BF evidence. So being polite cause my husband and friend knew this kind of ridiculousness was going to bring out my "inner-A%$hole" I went outside to wait out the technical issues and smoke about a 1/2 a pack of cigs. I had been sworn to "behave".

As I sat there I was watching the wood line cause really, this place was out in the boonies, I personally enjoy watching hawks and birds so I was amusing myself. Over to my right I saw crows AND hawks. I thought it was weird cause they detest each other. Then I watched a couple of turkey vultures join in hanging out of that part of the Field/wood line.

So Hmmmm this is getting interesting!
As I continued to watch the bird squabbles and half-way listen to the BF squabbling behind me cause they were still carrying on about who to call that could come sort out the video issues...I saw an eagle!!
MAN!!! AN EAGLE!!!
I grew up when DDT was decimating them so I will always be awed when I spot one.

So now I'm playing count the bird species who are NEVER seen together!!! They were all circling this particular area and I couldn't believe it!!

...and that's when it happened.....
I saw a very tall, reddish bipedal figure making it's way quickly from the area the birds were circling continuing to the left and then it went deeper into the treeline. I swear to god I almost stroked out. Damn near inhaled my cigarette.
I ran and got my husband and we sat there on some landscaping rocks still looking. The guy in the suit was inside when I yanked my husband out.

Unfortunately DH didn't see it, but like me after I pointed out the bird extravaganza he was stunned as well. I went inside to ask the guy sponsoring this little shindig about the bird thing and he told me yeah....it's common cause over there on the adjoining property the township dumps all it's roadkill,dead deer, farmers dump their dead cows there ect....and the birds have learned it's a regular predictable buffet.

He told me that they see 'yotes and fox as well.

So you can see how that would distract me from the fact I'm AT a flipping BF conference, just possibly "may have" seen one yet all the "experts" we inside screwing with a VCR and arguing with each other about who had the best research and presentation. The Irony was insane and I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to account for everyone to make sure it wasn't a stupid hoaxer getting their rocks off.

BTW?....to the best of my knowledge everyone was inside, or had left to drive into town for a quick lunch, some people had just given up and left period.

I dunno cause of distance if it truly was a BF grabbing a snack, curious about all the activity at the conference site, or if someone was screwing around and I was the only one watching. For a bunch of "observant on the ball Researchers" none of them noticed the bird party either. But I'm supposed to believe that they know every animal in the woods and
each animals behavior.

OK then!! You Bet'cha!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Reply to Caver and Devilwoman:- let me get this straight. Where you live you are held hostage in your own house or can't seriously lead your normal life because a wild thing

thingS

(I wont use the term animal as a few of you say it's not an animal)

Do you believe you are an animal?

either way it kills animals and, through anecdotal evidence, killed people?
It might be a species that was in the US before man, but and it's the biggest but, it's your country now. It's your land , it's your property.

Again why I am promoting public awareness.

I dont think you understand. The people we pay to protect us. Are not allowed to even use the word "sasquatch" in official police reports.

I am still waiting for a reply from the MP about how a person involved in a mv accident was not correctly recorded in the deputies report. Even if she was crazy. Her statement should have been correctly reported in the deputies official report.

If there is a creature affecting you so much go on the offensive. Don't give me the excuse" oh I'm just a women". An 18 year old girl can shoot a hunting rifle and kill big game so it comes down to "it's me or it".

So your saying open fire, because USA and guns?

I take it you have little experience with firearms.

We have neighbors and highways in our vicinity. You do not want to engage these things, at night, with a firearm. A potentially deadly mistake.

What if the one or more you didnt see charges you?

And your childhood friends home is in your targets general direction.

Massively unwise, as I have stated before.

From range? Sure I could have pulled the trigger a couple of times.

A. Had I thought to grab a firearm, or camera.

B. I believe killing one would bring forces and legal problems down on us you nor I ever even heard of.

C. If you believe witness testimony, they are known to be vengeful. Especially if you kill one.

I don't care about "oh it's a new species we must study it, don't kill it" BS. Kill a couple, make the rest of the "tribe" fear man enough not to mess with you or better still make them extinct.

The answer to that is above my pay grade.

Until a L.E.O. can write the word sasquatch on a police report. I will not be killing one unless it is a last resort. Assuming I dont die of a heart attack before pulling the trigger

Can you make something extinct if people don't acknowledge their existence anyway.

I think the Hebrews tried that, and apparently failed.
All I have is anecdotal evidence to support that though.

Thank you for contributing.

edit on 03 23 2017 by blueyedevilwoman because: bbc edit

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I know this is going to sound like it's out of left field ... but are there any natural fault lines near your home?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

I have not and I know how that looks and sounds.

So a little explanation is necessary. I am NOT a researcher. I do not want my home overrun or my life intruded on by the types you see on the Bigfoot TV shows. It's a Sh$T show. Very few Researchers can keep a confidence and they tell other's where and what they are working on. I also, and I know this will trigger the typical response, DO NOT need to prove they exist. I saw them, I've smelled them, I've found imprints in the yard. I'm fully convinced as is the family and those whose opinions I care about.

That said....

I did contact a Researcher I found to be knowledgeable about "my types" of situations and could speak to the unique issues of it. I searched out others like me who WEREN'T fanciful lunatics and could relate to the situation.

In time I did take pictures of the trails in my woods, a friend made a trip out here and found "A track" multiple imprints and another trail I was unaware of. I MUST qualify this by saying I'm blind in one eye, it happened in late 2012 and it means that AT THE TIME I literally couldn't see tracks or imprints unless they were like deer tracks dug into the ground.
My ground is hard clay and not conducive to tracks anyways....it makes me crazy! If I had softer dirt I'd have more evidence. My blindness was caused by herpes zoster, otherwise known as shingles. It happened within a matter of days.

I could not afford trail cams or CCTV outfits due to my husbands medical bills.He'd had triple by pass followed within two months by an aortic graft. Financially we fell thru the cracks making too much money to afford home care so I had to quit my job to do wound care...ect.... Same with the parabolic ear or a recorder. I also do not carry my cell phone 24/7 it's either charging, or in my purse so I don't forget it. We had a land line at the time.

Hope this explains that there were regular life issues and other concerns as to why I didn't knock myself out trying to get pictures or recordings. My Husband passed on a couple of years ago and I'm now considering doing the trail cam thing since there is still "some" BF activity here and seriously, I've got nothing to lose so why not?

I've re-contacted the researcher and his "opinion" is preliminarily I "May" have a older male hanging about who is past his prime and having difficulty hunting. Based on a very long list of incidents I've been trying to ignore.

I realize my posts are horridly long, but I'm being 100% honest and to do that you guys also need the "context". Some people will never believe me and that's OK! Some people will read, be in the same boat and I hope by sharing I can help them as I was helped. Some people will just attack my character and that's OK too. I've already been raked over the coals.

I can't change the past, what's happened to us has happened but I'll be damed if I'm going to lie about it or NOT say what I know to make other people happy. I want answers too and I won't get them by hiding.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I sympathize totally.

Well thats a "new twist" on things. It's also one of the new things in bigfootery I hadn't heard so KUDO"s for bringing in a possible new conspiracy angle to this!

Here all this time I'd been blaming it on a lack of common sense and the fact "guys wanna play with toys" and make the whole topic harder than it has to be. OK...plus all the glad handing that goes on an back slapping, books and less than informational BF conferences....LOL!!

This will make any sane person question...

I got rooked into attending a local BF conference cause a friend was asked to attend. So....long story very short, very typically all the guy speakers were circle-jerking and OF COURSE no one could get the audio or VCR to work so everything came to a screaming halt cause some of the presentations were (gag) powerpoint.

Some of the speakers dressed like mainstream office workers, but a lot were in full camo-gear. I dunno if they thought WW3 was going to jump off during the conference? but WHOO BABY they were prepared for anything! (snickering)
Lets just say it was overkill?

While this was going on a nice gentleman was walking around dressed in a very bad BF costume.
(sure why not?)

By now I'm off into "sarcastic land" cause if you can't figure out a VCR in 2010 I have very serious doubts you can reliably and scientifically collect BF evidence. So being polite cause my husband and friend knew this kind of ridiculousness was going to bring out my "inner-A%$hole" I went outside to wait out the technical issues and smoke about a 1/2 a pack of cigs. I had been sworn to "behave".

Roflol!

You know how many "talking toos" Ive got this week...lol.

As I sat there I was watching the wood line cause really, this place was out in the boonies, I personally enjoy watching hawks and birds so I was amusing myself. Over to my right I saw crows AND hawks. I thought it was weird cause they detest each other. Then I watched a couple of turkey vultures join in hanging out of that part of the Field/wood line.

So Hmmmm this is getting interesting!
As I continued to watch the bird squabbles and half-way listen to the BF squabbling behind me cause they were still carrying on about who to call that could come sort out the video issues...I saw an eagle!!
MAN!!! AN EAGLE!!!
I grew up when DDT was decimating them so I will always be awed when I spot one.

So now I'm playing count the bird species who are NEVER seen together!!! They were all circling this particular area and I couldn't believe it!!

...and that's when it happened.....
I saw a very tall, reddish bipedal figure making it's way quickly from the area the birds were circling continuing to the left and then it went deeper into the treeline. I swear to god I almost stroked out. Damn near inhaled my cigarette.
I ran and got my husband and we sat there on some landscaping rocks still looking. The guy in the suit was inside when I yanked my husband

Yep, literally right under their noses.

Oh and our bears. Here.
About the size of a really big dog and jet black fur.

Unfortunately DH didn't see it, but like me after I pointed out the bird extravaganza he was stunned as well. I went inside to ask the guy sponsoring this little shindig about the bird thing and he told me yeah....it's common cause over there on the adjoining property the township dumps all it's roadkill,dead deer, farmers dump their dead cows there ect....and the birds have learned it's a regular predictable buffet.

He told me that they see 'yotes and fox as well.

So you can see how that would distract me from the fact I'm AT a flipping BF conference, just possibly "may have" seen one yet all the "experts" we inside screwing with a VCR and arguing with each other about who had the best research and presentation. The Irony was insane and I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to account for everyone to make sure it wasn't a stupid hoaxer getting their rocks off.

BTW?....to the best of my knowledge everyone was inside, or had left to drive into town for a quick lunch, some people had just given up and left period.

I dunno cause of distance if it truly was a BF grabbing a snack, curious about all the activity at the conference site, or if someone was screwing around and I was the only one watching. For a bunch of "observant on the ball Researchers" none of them noticed the bird party either. But I'm supposed to believe that they know every animal in the woods and
each animals behavior.

OK then!! You Bet'cha!!!

Some maybe glory hunters, others I think deliberately mislead.

I know my husband will look at tracks and check how much of the broken grass has yellowed from the breaking point, other boy scout stuff. But we dont document every track. He refused to cast one he found in some good mud. Said it looked too perfect. People will call it a fake.
And it did too.
Perfect 16" track, in a swamp.
You could make out each toe.

Hopefully with the hype dying down and all.
The subject can be looked at more seriously.

Love reading your posts, very uplifting and funny.

edit on 03 23 2017 by blueyedevilwoman because: bbc quote

edit on 03 23 2017 by blueyedevilwoman because: removed quote

edit on 03 23 2017 by blueyedevilwoman because: quote ...again

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I live over a "retired coal mine" that was filled in with slurry about 20 yrs ago. I also researched my area for previous Native American history and my location was used as an auxiliary hunting area, no permanent villages. If there are caves around here I don't know about them. It's reputed there is one in the valley below me, but I never went hunting for it.

What I have tied the activity to is mushroom mines.
There is a HUGE one north of me and there used to be a smaller outfit just down the ridge that closed up in the late 80's or early 90's. This makes sense since they are 24/7 operations and anything not saleable is pitched into piles to be turned into compost. So year round source of valuable nutrition.

Apparently the BF are refusing to believe the one nearest me is closed, but I'd still be in the travel path of them going to the other one. It's the only explanation I or anyone else can come up with.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Thank you Caver for your reply.
If I were a person that believed or didn't believe I would say that your story can make one believe that YOU are telling the truth. Personally I would need tangible proof as far as something as serious as BF is concerned, just as you would, I'm sure if the tables were turned. Your story has no holes in it, that's what I am trying to say.
Even though you will have people that doubt you, I am sure that you will keep your composure, and, with your information sounding truthful as it (at least to me) sounds like something that could, or did happen.

Yes, you have a way of making your posts pretty long, I am guilty of that too, but that is a good thing, you are not skipping over things that people wonder about, what you are doing is giving out information as you see it or know it.

I for one really appreciate your posts, I really wish you the best of luck in doing what you are trying to accomplish.

Oh yeah, one of the reasons that I would want a picture is that if a neighbor/family member, God forbid/or someone was killed, a picture would go a long ways as alibis go. Having proof is something that I would get as soon as possible, recording all damages in case it ever surfaces in a bad way. What I mean is, having as much proof as possible could be the difference of you going to jail, or not going. You never know. If they passed a law tomorrow say that what was killed (if they thought it was you or a family member) having that proof would show that BF was responsible for damages, attacks, etc.

Just a thought, that's what I would want to do anyway.

I am sorry to hear of your husband's passing too, I know that happens to all of us, but still, my condolences.

Thanks again for you taking the time to answer my questions.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Reply to Caver and Devilwoman:- let me get this straight. Where you live you are held hostage in your own house or can't seriously lead your normal life because a wild thing (I wont use the term animal as a few of you say it's not an animal) either way it kills animals and, through anecdotal evidence, killed people?

THIS "woman" wants to seed her property with claymores but I can't get my hands on any!!!
I don't care if it's a "new species" I'm waiting on a "slab-Monkey" same as everyone else.

They are not simply animals, they have families a type of culture and language so more like a primitive culture.
They are also shockingly intelligent and master manipulators.

I'm still not adverse to someone nailing one. if they won't volunteer a body then as I see it, it's their call.
Many have been shot and some killed. Body retrieval has been problematic.

Let me address the "Hostage" comment, when there is a lot of activity YES....other times when they are somewhere else, no. YOU I'm assuming haven't seen one. I am 5'6 and come up to ones belly button. so yes....I'm hiding in my home like the candy-ass I can be. I have seen one, in fact over the years I've seen several and altho I can hold my own in a Biker brawl I know when I'm screwed.

The Choctaw Indians in Oklahoma felt much as you do and won outright battles with the Bigfoot.
It hasn't been done since, altho I always hear rumors our military goes in and removes troublesome BF too close to humans. But that's just rumor and speculation.

I used to feel like you do and at times still do.
What stops me from starting my own private version of WW3 is they ARE vindictive suckers and I financially can't afford property damage. Other people have tried and had their homes destroyed. It's a fine line to walk.

I'm also assuming you don't know this or read reports about it but please listen to this. I hate someone giving me a YouTube as an answer too (I loath it) but the things you asked me about are answered with examples better and quicker than I can type out. It's a 4 part thing, but he answers everything you asked.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: recrisp

Thank you Caver for your reply.
If I were a person that believed or didn't believe I would say that your story can make one believe that YOU are telling the truth. Personally I would need tangible proof as far as something as serious as BF is concerned, just as you would, I'm sure if the tables were turned. Your story has no holes in it, that's what I am trying to say.
Even though you will have people that doubt you, I am sure that you will keep your composure, and, with your information sounding truthful as it (at least to me) sounds like something that could, or did happen.

Yes, you have a way of making your posts pretty long, I am guilty of that too, but that is a good thing, you are not skipping over things that people wonder about, what you are doing is giving out information as you see it or know it.

I for one really appreciate your posts, I really wish you the best of luck in doing what you are trying to accomplish.

Oh yeah, one of the reasons that I would want a picture is that if a neighbor/family member, God forbid/or someone was killed, a picture would go a long ways as alibis go. Having proof is something that I would get as soon as possible, recording all damages in case it ever surfaces in a bad way. What I mean is, having as much proof as possible could be the difference of you going to jail, or not going. You never know. If they passed a law tomorrow say that what was killed (if they thought it was you or a family member) having that proof would show that BF was responsible for damages, attacks, etc.

Just a thought, that's what I would want to do anyway.

I am sorry to hear of your husband's passing too, I know that happens to all of us, but still, my condolences.

Thanks again for you taking the time to answer my questions.

Heck I needed tangible proof!!!
Fot the longest time we were blaming the kids for stuff, each other, raccoons you name it. My finally seeing two up silhouetted on the hill convinced me. I know that convinces no one else nor should it.

Physical proof IS hard to come by and it pisses us off as much as it pisses everyone else off. I can't emphasize that point enough. Even if I busted my butt and devoted all my free time to trying to "get proof" another track cast, or crappy video proves nothing.

We need a "type specimen".

In all reality I won't be the one to get one. I don't know who will. In the Tim Baker video's, not the first one, but there are several all part of the same broadcast he goes into great depth about one being shot and has verified all the alphabet agencies that showed up and took over the scene....for weeks. The local Leo's were shut out.

He did the legwork, verified the event and quite obviously just joe-blow shooting one isn't going to be enough if it never sees the light of day.

So it's OK if people are skeptical about my experiences and question them. I would be skeptical if I was in your shoes too. My roommate who is open minded and watching and actually reporting to me junk that goes on isn't going to believe it's BF till she see's one either!!! If she stays here long enough she probably will, but until then, NOPE.

I appreciate that she's nice about it, but I understand her side as well.
She heard it holler on NYE but like everyone else if you didn't see what made that call you simply have no definitive proof. (her words) and I agree.

It's a crappy little paradox

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

My husband was involved in a robbery turned shooting at a fairly young age. 18. He shielded three children and recovered his critically wounded nephew while under fire.

After that,
A couple of years later he found himself in a warzone inside of the U.S.
Not many people understand the kind of savagery that went down after a big hurricane nearly wiped Homestead, Fl. off the map some years back.
He lived in the middle of that for 6 months. Miami/Dade County Line.
US1
KandK RV Repair and Services

We can tell the same way you can tell real combat vets, like what Im getting at above.

The initiated get a little tiny dose of ptsd.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Weird, it sounds as though you were describing my post I made a few days ago ina completely different thread, funny, huh?
For brevity I didn't go into all of the details about what happened to me because it wasn't about me. I am only referring to what I have BOLDED, I leave the rest due to otherwise it wouldn't make much sense, just in case anyone thought more was needed. Please read only that which applies to what has been BOLDED.
I am not trying to derail this thread, but you have to admit, pretty good coincidence.
Thank you!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I wouldn't use my dog for defense, but I know that most do, plus, I have yappers, not large dogs.

Anyway, that is one way to go about protecting your family and yourself, it's just not one that appeals to me, but I have not been through that scenario before. If someone shot MY dog game on is exactly what it'd be, but that's another thread.

You are 100% correct about the police coming in and doing their' "sweep", they should not kill all three, and not even one if he is complying, which sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.
The thing is, (most) homeowners are not the police, so while that sounds good what you just said, it's not how it usually goes down.
I just wrote about how I was broken into years ago with my wife and I asleep, they lived, but I did have a gun, more than likely won't be doing any more break-ins after their attempt though. I am not one of those killer types that tell everyone that I will blow someone's head off if they come at me, I am trained enough to use a gun properly but I know when to use it and when not to. I have been a victim a LOT of times in my life, I have been in so many situations that I am pretty sure I have PTSD, although I had no idea as to what to call it then. I have actually been at deaths door many times and so far i have not killed anyone for their attempts, which is a good thing.
I know what you mean though, but you can't say what you will do not unless you have been in someone's shoes that has, meaning that guy that killed the 3. You can say what you feel you would/should do, but not what you would do.

I will say that back around 18 years ago I lived in Irving, Texas, before the Castle Law, but you could still (supposedly) shoot and kill an intruder, but you may or may not get off Scott free. Anyway, one Friday night in January around 9:30pm my wife woke me up to say she heard a noise, (there's a LOT more to this story, but I'll keep in short) so I grabbed my .357 pistol and headed towards the front door. While I was there listening, finally I heard a 'THUMP!", that was someone at my back sliding door popping the (flimsy) lock and then I heard the sliding door open. He stuck his head inside between the vertical curtain and looked around, right then I had to make a decision. Was I to shoot him or try and stop him? I made the decision to NOT kill him and I said, "Stay right where you are!", (Which I know from movies...). He immediately panicked, ran as fast as possible, and by the time I made the 12 feet to my door he was already 20' to my 6' fence climbing to the top. I said something, I really can't remember, but as I did I decided again to not shoot to kill, so I shot into the ground 3 times to scare him. Well, he was so scared that he broke the top of my (semi-new) fence off, then took off. Funny too 'cause I didn't have any bullets in it, so it only did a "click-click-click!"... heheh Why it was unloaded is that I used that at my lake cabin and traveling to and fro, I always unloaded it while traveling though, and I ALWAYS reload it when I get back home, except this time.
So, I didn't kill anyone, they eventually turned themselves in after I told the police things, plus they left their car in front of my house, the car keys were found on the other side on the gate he broke the top off when he was so scared he was about to die.
I was given the choice of them going to jail or boot camp, and if you have ever seen anything about boot camps they do way more than jail will. So I chose boot camp to 'hopefully' make them think about what they did, hopefully to change them.
After that I was reimbursed by them (restitution) for the physical house damage which only came to $35., I never heard about what happened to them afterwards, so I don't know how they are.

I will say how we were though, that was a feeling that you NEVER-EVER lose, once of being violated, probably similar but maybe not as bad a being raped, although you definitely feel raped. That was years ago and I still to this day feel that violation, it's not as bad but it has made me think that the next time since I something could be worse. I'd hate the think of having blood on my hands, I am not a killer, I had to make the choice of taking someone's life that night, so I know I am not.

When I was 18 my night manager and I was robbed by gunpoint and the 3 robbers used a gun and shot my manager, they needed me to help them open the safe, and I was seconds away from almost certain death when 2 guys (I knew) walked into the store. That more than likely saved me because they probably didn't want to kill 4 people, not that they wouldn't, they probably were thinking of the time it'd take, they were without any remorse when they shot the manager.

I am not trying to go into all of that but I do want to say that I have been violated many times in the past, these are definitely not the only times stuff like this has happened, so I am fed up, I am sick of people that do this stuff, without any cares about anything. These types of people are beyond callous, I knew of many, many that were/are like that, they just don't care about anybody or anything, so when I see that people break into a house or hijack a car, weapon or not, we don't know what they might be carrying. They more than likely will try and hurt you, don't give then a chance to.

I could go on and on but I will spare you all.

My point is, never try and second guess what a criminal will do to you, it could be your life or theirs, you didn't do anything to make them come into your house, they trespassed, so there you go...

I'm sorry to be so long but I did try my best in making it shorter, believe that or not.

edit on 2-4-2017 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Links, it wouldn't take them in the above post.
(Just in case)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: recrisp

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join