It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living With Sasquatches

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Asking questions when an OP invites questions is not heckling.

ATS has never been a site that encourages unsubstantiated belief in anything.

Never.

Some of you don't like the "tone" of some posts, fair enough, but I can assure you that some others don't like the "tone" of yours.

Particularly when you suggest, none too subtly, that to question the logic of a story is to deny the reality of it.

Here's the fact about this particular phenomenon: NONE OF US has unimpeachable proof. IF we did, we'd be international celebrities.

So, if I may make a suggestion, let's all get down off of whatever high-horse we're on and just discuss and yes debate the topic, eh?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Some of you don't like the "tone" of some posts, fair enough, but I can assure you that some others don't like the "tone" of yours.

Don't we let the mods deal with that? Beating up a new user ... one who has no experience with the fangs and claws of ATS ... is how we drive off so many. Have you ever looked at the stats page and seen how few people come here and actually anchor themselves? I'd like to see the OP stay. Let's not run her off ... okay?

to question the logic of a story is to deny the reality of it.

So, you encourage the OP to post well ... use the basic interrogatives (who, what, when, where, why, how and huh) when reviewing their posts before they hit 'reply'. You tell the OP to take their time (because there's damn sure plenty of that). And, you tell the OP to ignore people who are too immature to have lasted as long as they have on these boards.

There's a huge difference between skepticism and outright/blatant antagonism. Even you are good at this. You can turn it on and off (and you probably get more stars from me, that you don't know about, than you deserve).

What happened to mentoring and encouragement??

And what are you gonna say when the Blue Eyed Devil Woman and her husband start posting pics you won't find anywhere but ATS?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: sapien82

I find it sad that people get sad when their feelings are hurt...

I find it sad that people are now sending U2Us to one another on this subject.

You've made your point to the OP. Do you think that point requires some level of frequency

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Asking questions when an OP invites questions is not heckling.

Asking questions about things you have not said while simultaneously refusing to provide citation is heckling, or misleading the audience.

ATS has never been a site that encourages unsubstantiated belief in anything.

Never.

My husband and I have followed this site since 2008

Tell me something I dont know.

Its not the tone, its the insinuated imaginationland arguments that are posed, repeatedly.
The tone is very clear by the ones who believe me a "attention seeker"

You would think an attention seeker would come up with a better name for her youtube video than:

BF Foley Alabama

Particularly when you suggest, none too subtly, that to question the logic of a story is to deny the reality of it.

I would challenge you to name one thing about this subject that could be described as "logical" based on what we know. Any of us.

Here's the fact about this particular phenomenon: NONE OF US has unimpeachable proof. IF we did, we'd be international celebrities.

I would consider this statement to be false.

International criminal maybe.

Do you do any field work?
Have you ever been detained and questioned doing so?

So, if I may make a suggestion, let's all get down off of whatever high-horse we're on and just discuss and yes debate the topic, eh?

I agree.

edit on 03 23 2017 by blueyedevilwoman because: /

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I don't disagree with your assessment Snarl. I wonder how universally you apply it though.

A new member should be welcome and made to feel at home, I agree. Whether we like it or not, however, ATS is firmly established in the adult world, and as adults, we don't always agree with each other, and we're not always nice about it.

Your calling others "immature" is a judgement, the same kind of judgement that results in others being called "frauds."

There is indeed a difference between skepticism and antagonism. There is also a difference between defending one's own position and antagonism.

Skepticism based on belief (however subtle) is not skepticism.

I'm not sure why you want to make it personal between you and me here, Snarl. We obviously usually stand on two different "sides" of many issues, but when you're not being an absolute a-double, it's clear you are intelligent and knowledgeable.

I'm betting you feel the same.

What I was suggesting here in this discussion is that we take a step back (all of us) and stop the inevitable spiral of sniping at each other and discuss the topic, play the ball, etc. etc.

You and I both know how often the alternative turns into absolute dreck.

(PS, star for you, LOL)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: OnionHead

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

originally posted by: TheErlenmeyerFlask
This stands for the OP as well as any other researcher - if there is damaged or destroyed cameras, aluminum house siding, dead pets, broken audio recorders, the list goes on and on, i'd like to see pictures of said item/animal.

If there is anyway to further verify BF existence, we'll need to be more analytical with hard evidence.

I have trace evidence, plaster cast, damage to my home, a metal gate nearly ripped in two, a broken wireless camera, and atleast a dozen or more reports to the Sheriffs Dept. for various missing and/or damaged property.

Excellent, so you do actually have physical evidence. Perhaps take pictures of the metal gate and your police reports?

As Network Dude pointed out.

Baby steps.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

Heckling is usually defined as distracting a speaker or entertainer while they are performing/making a speech.

All due respect, you were asked questions about things that you DID say, and for some time you refused to address same EVEN after you stated clearly, that you posted this so that folks could ask you questions ... and then you got touchy about being asked questions ... see the problem?

"Tell me something I don't know." See, now that's just a) taking something personally that wasn't directed solely at you and b) being snide for no reason. Part of my problem with your posts so far is that you're so danged brittle on every point.

You said quite clearly that these are not word-for-word documentaries of your experiences but are instead "heavily modified versions of your accounts." Obviously, you are giving us the overall flavor of your experiences.

And see, now a lot of your responses are typical internet BS rhetoric and weasel-words. There's nothing "imagination-land" about asking why your husband threw down coins to distract a Bigfoot ... that's an unusual, out-of-place action. We asked you about it. You evaded and finally answered.

You could have said "well, that's just part of the story." But you didn't.

And again, my comments that you are responding to were not directed at you alone, and yet you're taking them personally and answering for everyone else.

A lot of Bigfoot sightings and experiences are logical in general, reasonable and based in what we would normally expect from reality.

People see a creature, and then find footprints, see physical evidence likes trees being bent in odd fashion, and find gates and cameras that have gotten smashed.

Cause and effect. Very logical. Trying to suggest that the phenomenon has no logic and can just be whatever we want it to be drifts over into the area of fantasy very rapidly.

You think that irrefutable evidence of the existence of Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yowie/Yeti/etc. would make you a criminal? Why on earth?

You've been detained and questioned for "doing field work"? Were you trespassing? Under what circumstances?

edit on 1-4-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

The site was never a hoax site...you want it to be a hoax site?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I don't mentor hoaxers. The video proves the intent. It's obviously a tree and the OP refuses to provide the raw footage.
edit on 1-4-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I don't mentor hoaxers. The video proves the intent. It's obviously a tree and the OP refuses to provide the raw footage.

Ray, I've agreed with a lot of your positions and questions as we've gone through this, but I want to point out that a) the footage OP provided is in another discussion and b) OP was very clear in their statement that this discussion was "a heavily modified version of my accounts."

She is giving us the "story" ... not a report or documentary.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Yes pics were successfully taken with good quality and very little obstruction. They were gone in a matter of two hours. I have no explanation. But I know I am not the only one to have reported this occurrence. Both with cell phones and digital cameras. We finally gave up on getting pics or vids of them. They would within two months, destroy or steal the equipment. They are not apes in the manner we understand apes. They are highly intelligent.

Dear blueyedevilwoman,

I still want to know...

If you have a camera, whether it is a cell phone, a DSLR camera, or a digital video camera, PLEASE EXPLAIN why you didn't, or can't, or won't immediately send ANY GOOD IMAGE off in an e-mail, print it, burn it to a DVD, place it on YouTube for all to see, or something that will ensure that your images/videos can be seen.
Yes, I know that you say that you have given up on that thought and probably will say that you no longer have the ability to take ANY images due to them stealing, destroying your cameras.
Surely between ALL of the people that know you and knows about this BF ordeal of yours has a cell phone with video/photograph capabilities, you can get proof that you need to show the world that you are actually being truthful. Forget the ones here on ATS that you feel are not worthy of showing proof, but the world needs to see this. If you for some reason don't have a way to capture any kind of image surely something as important as this would make you consider once again trying to get overwhelming proof although I know that you don't want any notoriety of any kind. There are many choices at Wal-Mart of cameras that are capable to do this if you don't want to spend the money.

You have not one time tried to provide anything that I have brought up in any of my posts 'about you' which I thought were pretty good statements/questions that you could have answered and it'd help your cause if I were wrong.

If you take ONE PICTURE, then hurriedly, BEFORE it, they, BF, etc. (somehow) removes the images from your camera, send it all over the world digitally, that will end any questions about it right there. Especially if they are of such high quality images as you had alluded to earlier in your thread. You have said that they can be seen by you and your husband quite a lot, so that shouldn't be too hard.
I think that is a question that I have not see YOU answer, it's been asked by those that were seemingly on your side of this thread.

Please, I am begging you to answer me in a way that it will remove any doubts (those that do doubt you, not those that want to believe 'just because' it pertains to BF) and we can all go on with our lives.

I will personally retract everything I have said that may have possibly made you upset, I will apologize, I will be your biggest fan, all you have to do is to take these shots really fast and have your PC on so you can e-mail/YouTube, etc.
If the good and clear footage/images are where we can see them, I swear by all that is holy I will be your online B#tch, I will say whatever it is that you want me to say, I am yours to what you will until the end of time. I promise.
I am not being facetious here, I will do this, I am not one to back out on my word.

As icing on the cake, (although I hate to impose) please also take pictures of the damages that are around your property, and, any other damages to help dispel all of those that may disbelieve, or the people that will need to use that information, such as scientists, experts in the field, etc.

Thank you!

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The video is also in this thread. That's where she first posted it.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

The video is also in this thread. That's where she first posted it.

You have my apology then. I was mistaken.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Watched the video, best April fools I've seen in a while.

Bailing out of this one, good night and God bless

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Heckling is usually defined as distracting a speaker or entertainer while they are performing/making a speech.

All due respect, you were asked questions about things that you DID say, and for some time you refused to address same EVEN after you stated clearly, that you posted this so that folks could ask you questions ... and then you got touchy about being asked questions ... see the problem?

Questions based on fantasy not of my own testimony?

I dont know. Is an acceptable answer? Or should I just make something up?

See the problem?

Lets start there. One thing at a time.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

That questions were "based on fantasy"?

You are doing poorly at this. Nearly every question in this thread is valid and based on things you've said. Don't pick the one off question and act like that's all you've ignored or deflected.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

She is giving us the "story" ... not a report or documentary.

You say it like I did not plainly state that from the beginning.

Do I not have a right to protect some things?

For reasons you do not understand.

Just stick around.
I have a feeling this will be going somewhere real soon.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: recrisp

Yes pics were successfully taken with good quality and very little obstruction. They were gone in a matter of two hours. I have no explanation. But I know I am not the only one to have reported this occurrence. Both with cell phones and digital cameras. We finally gave up on getting pics or vids of them. They would within two months, destroy or steal the equipment. They are not apes in the manner we understand apes. They are highly intelligent.

Dear blueyedevilwoman,

I still want to know...

If you have a camera, whether it is a cell phone, a DSLR camera, or a digital video camera, PLEASE EXPLAIN why you didn't, or can't, or won't immediately send ANY GOOD IMAGE off in an e-mail, print it, burn it to a DVD, place it on YouTube for all to see, or something that will ensure that your images/videos can be seen.
Yes, I know that you say that you have given up on that thought and probably will say that you no longer have the ability to take ANY images due to them stealing, destroying your cameras.
Surely between ALL of the people that know you and knows about this BF ordeal of yours has a cell phone with video/photograph capabilities, you can get proof that you need to show the world that you are actually being truthful. Forget the ones here on ATS that you feel are not worthy of showing proof, but the world needs to see this. If you for some reason don't have a way to capture any kind of image surely something as important as this would make you consider once again trying to get overwhelming proof although I know that you don't want any notoriety of any kind. There are many choices at Wal-Mart of cameras that are capable to do this if you don't want to spend the money.

You have not one time tried to provide anything that I have brought up in any of my posts 'about you' which I thought were pretty good statements/questions that you could have answered and it'd help your cause if I were wrong.

If you take ONE PICTURE, then hurriedly, BEFORE it, they, BF, etc. (somehow) removes the images from your camera, send it all over the world digitally, that will end any questions about it right there. Especially if they are of such high quality images as you had alluded to earlier in your thread. You have said that they can be seen by you and your husband quite a lot, so that shouldn't be too hard.
I think that is a question that I have not see YOU answer, it's been asked by those that were seemingly on your side of this thread.

Please, I am begging you to answer me in a way that it will remove any doubts (those that do doubt you, not those that want to believe 'just because' it pertains to BF) and we can all go on with our lives.

I will personally retract everything I have said that may have possibly made you upset, I will apologize, I will be your biggest fan, all you have to do is to take these shots really fast and have your PC on so you can e-mail/YouTube, etc.
If the good and clear footage/images are where we can see them, I swear by all that is holy I will be your online B#tch, I will say whatever it is that you want me to say, I am yours to what you will until the end of time. I promise.
I am not being facetious here, I will do this, I am not one to back out on my word.

As icing on the cake, (although I hate to impose) please also take pictures of the damages that are around your property, and, any other damages to help dispel all of those that may disbelieve, or the people that will need to use that information, such as scientists, experts in the field, etc.

Thank you!

Just hold tight.
More coming soon.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Caver78

Sorry your reading comprehension has failed you. Who is debating wether BF is real or not? The debate is if the OP was honest or not. It is clear that the OP is not.

Man you are annoying, how much better would this thread be without you in it? You have picked and prodded, goaded and fought with just about everyone.

Maybe your right about the OP's story, but we all get that loud and clear, you've made your point and bashed it to death.

We get it.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join