It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living With Sasquatches

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

originally posted by: Mandeezee

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: Mandeezee

Yes, what would I, an avid hunter, know about trail cams...

I'm not referring to your knowledge of trail cams. I'm referring to your lack of knowledge on the subject of bf.

If you were familiar, you would know the opinion is that bf can either hear them or see the infared light. Not only that but the forest is like their living room. Would you not notice if someone placed a cam in your living room?

To understand all of this you have to first know they aren't just apes.

CCTV cameras can be placed in hidden areas and the recording device is inside, locked away, so other than this being a hoax, or the OP not financially capable of the $300 investment and two hours it would take to set this up, I can't see the opposition to trying to capture the events on record. Most people who have these systems, aren't looking for bigfoot, but have them in case of a break in. So it could even be though of as a dual purpose safety device.

But I guess I would hate all the fame and money associated with proving bigfoot exists too.

Do you accept Network Dude?

Or is asking mods to put their money where their mouth is against the rules too.

Bring the millions and your av equipment and Mr. Devil has promised to get you what you claim you need.

Scouts honor

If you are not full of crap, I'd like to speak to the mason next door to verify a few things, and yes, I would love to capture this on video. I have the equipment necessary to do this and the knowledge to set it up.

Then I suppose I could enjoy that million $.

You going to send me a contact number?

Or just keep ignoring me?

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

Surely you can't be that dense. He linked to the questions in his post. Have you still not figured out how reply works? Have you determined why you replied to yourself yet?

Edit: If you didn't want this type of scrutiny you should have posted this in the gray area.
edit on 30-3-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Dear networkdude

I hope you have had time to come to your senses.

Im not testing or threatening your manhood.

You know who all to contact on this board to understand the seriousness of your suggestion.

Please dont get my husband killed over some foolish testosterone driven "Ill show him" match.

Nobody will win.
Not you, not ATS, not us.

The only way I see it.

To enable those that are actually in the know. Officially.

Is for everyone to quit bickering about the what ifs; and accept the existence of sasquatches, thru anecdotal as well as trace evidence.
As: "common knowledge"

Wink wink.

And nobody has to die getting that "$1000000."

Peace

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

You replied to yourself again, so he won't get notified if your post. Are you doing that hoping he won't see it? Is that why you replied to yourself before? Who was that one intended for?

Again, I think everyone in this thread either believes in Bigfoot or doesn't discount that he could exist. We just don't believe you specifically.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

a reply to: Outlier13

(post by Outlier13 removed for a manners violation)

When you have nothing else: Ad Hominem.

Yes, it was specifically ad hominem Captain Obvious.

Edit: I think my use of "ad hominem" in a sentence that is an ad hominem argument is pretty Inception-like.
edit on 30-3-2017 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Valentinus

originally posted by: Outlier13
Cool story OP. My squatch experience was indirect but interesting just the same.

Night 1 - walking the dog in our back property around 10 p.m. Our property borders a massive wildlife preserve comprised of 6,000 acres of awesomeness. Grew up hunting, fishing, exploring this area and still have fond memories today. Anyway...me and the pup are about 100 meters from the back door. Pup stops dead in his tracks...stares into a thicket N of our position and starts with a low gutteral growl. I knew he was scared of something. His growl lasted for 4 seconds then he tucked tail and di di mau straight to the back door. I've never seen my dog move like that with his tail tucked the way it was. I stood there for a few moments staring at the thicket. Something just didn't feel right. Then I noticed how quiet it was. This was mid-summer and usually it's a chorus that time of year. That's a lot of information by the way.

Anyway...I walk back to the house where pup is literally digging the back door hinges trying to get in all the while whimpering. Really uncharacteristic behavior but oh well.

Night 2 - I have a very bizarre dream and one I never had until that night nor have I had since. I dreamed I was standing in the very back of our property near the thicket from the night prior. Staring at the thicket when I saw a FAMILY of big foots appear. They didn't step out from the thicket. They just appeared one by one. The largest appeared first and my intuition told me he was the poppa. Then the momma appeared. Huge but not a huge as poppa. Then 2 little ones appeared. Remember this is just a dream at this point. Anyway...the 2 young ones that appeared were a light brownish orange color. Very different from the poppa who was pitch black in color and the momma who was also dark but not quite as dark as poppa. They just stared at me and I stared back. I wake up in my bed and recall how vivid and real the dream seemed to me.

Day 3 - I'm in the house around mid afternoon and my mom comes to find me and tells me in her serious tone she needs to talk to me. Well I knew something was up right away because...well....because I know when mom has that tone then something serious is up. She proceeds to tell me that my younger brother just returned from the woods with 2 of his friends. They had been exploring deep in the woods and apparently had a very scary encounter. She told me they were walking down the path by the river. (There is an amazing river in this preserve we spent so much time on and had one particular spot we were guaranteed great fishing. Our secret honey hole) Anyway...mom tells me they came around the corner of the path and when they walked into a clearing on the bank they saw a family of big foots just standing there. The tallest was standing in the water next to the bank. The momma was standing just on the slope of the bank and they saw 2 smaller ones standing up at the top of the bank.

My mom sat there quietly for a moment and then said, "I believe him and I don't want you to give him a hard time because he is really upset and scared right now". I just sat there in amazement and then told my mom about my dream the night prior. Down to the detail of the color of the big foots. We just sat there quietly sharing the mother - son moment of knowing something very amazing yet scary had happened to my younger brother.

I gave my younger brother some space for a few hours and let him calm down in his room. Sometime just before supper I went to talk with him and give him some brotherly support. I asked him how he was doing and if he wanted to talk. Before he told me what he witnessed I told him of my dream and I asked him if he recalled the individual size and colors because in my dream those details were focal points. He detailed the exact same sizes and coloring. Pretty freakin' amazing event in my life.

Even though I did not witness them myself I was inexplicably aware of their presence. After that day we never saw or heard anything out of the norm in the woods. Who knows...maybe they were just passing through to find somewhere else to live? Regardless, it was a very cool experience.

I love how this story starts out simply. A trinity of elements, almost like an x-file - young man walking dog by nature preserve experiences ominous moment by moonlight.

Then the change up! The introduction of bigfoot comes by dream, rather than physical encounter... which, at first blush, is a bit disappointing. But this is only buildup for the final act... which also plays out a bit unusually, as it's your mother who discloses the physical encounter, before finally ending with you and your brother confirming the similarities in the dream - the point of payoff for the reader.

It's a cleanly-related, and extremely satisfying bigfoot story.

Whether or not you're telling the truth, I couldn't say (no one can, it's your story), but I will say that you're a decent writer, and that the 'truth' can be presented in many different ways.

The OP, by contrast, related her story in a messy, confusing manner... I think this hurt her credibility greatly in this thread. Which is strange, because it had the opposite effect on me... it seemed like she had a lot to say, a lot she wasn't remembering very well, and a lot that she didn't want to say... the overall impression I got was that she didn't think too much about what she was writing.

Then again, she could just as easily be a troll who didn't put much effort into the troll... her frustration later on, not to mention losing it, and falling into name-calling... that felt like the reaction of someone who isn't used to being treated rudely, and wasn't very troll-like. For what it's worth. And that video, with nothing in it, screamed of desperation to prove herself with whatever she had... a person with injured pride. Also not very troll-like.

I don't know if being able to present your story well helps or hurts your credibility...

Obviously, I've thought too about this.
I have my own story, and have wondered many times how it might be received... as other posters have said, it's a lose-lose situation. In everything but the value of sharing, and getting things off your chest... along with the hope that someone else will chime in with a comparable incident, and new information.

Anyway, star for a well-told story, and for putting yourself and your personal experience out there. This is what I come to ATS for.

The bigger message behind my story has nothing to do with the big foot family my brother experienced. It has to do with the connected Universe we live in and the fact that I was somehow able to foretell an event experienced by a family member a day after my dream. And the fact that it occurred in 3's. 1. Dog's irregular activity on night 1. 2. My dream 3. The event

You shouldn't care what people think about you. Seriously...give that sh**t up today and it will set you free. The world is full of assholes who think they can do it better or are better than everyone else. And those are the ones who never do anything at all. Tell your story. Stop being afraid.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
OP: thanks for an entertaining contribution. It's threads like this that generate interest for me and makes a welcome change from the political atmosphere we have in here just now.

My personal view on BF is that I belive he / she is out there. I stay in Scotland, which isn't exactly renowned for BF sightings so a very slim chance if any of me having a sighting of my own but who's to say that it won't happen. Thanks for sharing.

Also, just want to point out that some of the posts in this thread are completely out of order from some members ( you know who you are) . There is questioning someone in a civil and respectful manner which aids a constructuve discusion , and then there is what can be best described as bullying, with a couple of personal attacks thrown in for good messure, and I find it quite shameful and disgusting.

Quite simply cringe worthy to read.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Technikal

I agree with you.

There are a lot of posts by certain members in this thread that are shameful, disgusting and borderline pathological. Theres a right way and a wrong way to go about contesting a claim. And those members in question have the social skills of an inept honey badger. The disposition of some posts literally and inarguably point towards certain affects indicative of many psychological disorders.

This being ats i guess youll always run into a few of those. Thanks to members such as yourself who arent afflicted by such that this site still exists and thrives.

But enough of me pointing out the obvious.

In my opinion the OP is not full of crap or making things up. Maybe her videos confound most. I personally know what im looking at and can tell the difference between video artifacts pixelation and trees doing stuff that they arent capable of doing. Im not exactly a dumb ass and and got more respect from those who matter on this site in regards to serious examination of the evidence provided than many here. Admittedly its not the greatest footage but thats exactly how real life works. You cant dictate to others how things go down. Especially in the attempts to document the sureal and unusual.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Well said Outlier13, Technikal and BASSPLYR !!!

I came back to the thread and was seriously disheartened it had turned into a carbon copy of every single BF thread posted since 1996. I think the problem lies in that it's "assumed" BF is still up for debate and debunking. This thread was not posted with that as part of the premise.

Plus the whole "I have a right to my opinion" issue gets abused.Some things can be handled in PM's and actually should be instead of everyone "showing their A$$".

Had this been a Thread where someone asked about, or we were still debating it's existence ect....than yeah. But it wasn't and in my mind still isn't. The title did NOT have a question mark after it. DID NOT.
For the sake of the conversation those two criteria were off the table.

Regardless, it's kept people from expounding on what they know. I sure had to think hard on coming back for more of the "same old, same old".

Despite that I found post about checking the Trail Cams for damage interesting since as long as I've been around I haven't seen it done across the board comparing results from even different geographic regions. I would LOVE to have data like that to look at!!

Before folks get the notion I'm a rabid non-thinking BF Beeeliver....LMAO! I have limits and I do draw some reasonable "lines in the sand". I have spent years....HOURS, DAYS even of looking for any science anywhere that could possibly explain behaviors I've been exposed to and other people have relayed to me.

Cont...

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandeezee

a reply to: Mandeezee

Yes, what would I, an avid hunter, know about trail cams...

I'm not referring to your knowledge of trail cams. I'm referring to your lack of knowledge on the subject of bf.

If you were familiar, you would know the opinion is that bf can either hear them or see the infared light. Not only that but the forest is like their living room. Would you not notice if someone placed a cam in your living room?

To understand all of this you have to first know they aren't just apes.

CCTV cameras can be placed in hidden areas and the recording device is inside, locked away, so other than this being a hoax, or the OP not financially capable of the $300 investment and two hours it would take to set this up, I can't see the opposition to trying to capture the events on record. Most people who have these systems, aren't looking for bigfoot, but have them in case of a break in. So it could even be though of as a dual purpose safety device.

But I guess I would hate all the fame and money associated with proving bigfoot exists too.

Do you accept Network Dude?

Or is asking mods to put their money where their mouth is against the rules too.

Bring the millions and your av equipment and Mr. Devil has promised to get you what you claim you need.

Scouts honor

If you are not full of crap, I'd like to speak to the mason next door to verify a few things, and yes, I would love to capture this on video. I have the equipment necessary to do this and the knowledge to set it up.

Then I suppose I could enjoy that million $.

You going to send me a contact number?

Or just keep ignoring me?

Sent you a U2U.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Dear networkdude

I hope you have had time to come to your senses.

Im not testing or threatening your manhood.

You know who all to contact on this board to understand the seriousness of your suggestion.

Please dont get my husband killed over some foolish testosterone driven "Ill show him" match.

Nobody will win.
Not you, not ATS, not us.

The only way I see it.

To enable those that are actually in the know. Officially.

Is for everyone to quit bickering about the what ifs; and accept the existence of sasquatches, thru anecdotal as well as trace evidence.
As: "common knowledge"

Wink wink.

And nobody has to die getting that "$1000000."

Peace

This is such a strange post, I don't know what to make of it. I'm going to assume you didn't mean to threaten me. That trick never works.

I can be unusually well armed and also possess the knowledge to set up and operate high definition camera equipment, so unless your bigfeet are invisible, have infra-red vision and can see cameras and avoid them all, or possess supernatural powers, they can be captured. (if they exist)

I'll offer you a bit of knowledge, there is a reason lots of money exists in the bigfoot research category. It's because there is a much better chance that he doesn't exist than he does. I'd love to be proven wrong and find out they are real, but all the evidence points to them being figments of overactive imaginations. I have left you my contact information and hope to hear from your neighbor. I can quickly verify his masonic affiliation and find out from him if there is anything to this story.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Technikal

Technikal I thought the same mate , but apparently just like the US there are people who are simply too afraid to relay their stories to the authorities for fear of being shunned or laughed at.

Google big foot in Scotland and there are a number of reports coming from the coastal areas
Scotland being a large mountainous area with relatively little population in the highlands
is a perfect area for bigfoot to hide.

I am keen to maybe go looking when I go wild camping next.

Scotland has alot of mysteries still hidden . Apparently there is also a cave entrance to the inner earth hidden here somewhere

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

You obviously don't know what you are looking at since you can't recognize video artifacts. The raw footage would prove it which is why the OP won't upload it.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The best as I can figure....and these are working theories subject to change as more valid info becomes available or we get a "slab Monkey".

-The reported Mindspeak is NOT telepathy but akin to how the cochlear implant works.

Some people are just wired biologically able to process some of the infrasound AS sound just like the cochlear implant works for the Deaf. In fact to every Deaf person has success with the implant either because of their own biology. A Deaf person must be a good candidate and then LEARN to perceive sound a new way.
It's also easy to mention that the military has been working on the Voice to Skull Tech, altho I'm less clear on how that works and if it can be cross-applied to BF.

-The documented Infrasound communications of BF.

In my mind because we don't have a "slab Monkey" we don't know specifics of the biology. Fair enough....
However there WAS a study done on Tiger's larynx and they were found to be square shaped to be able to produce those sounds. Since BF are obviously physically different from us I have no problem right now accepting that it's possible (till proven) that this may be the case with them as well. Different Larynx, different sounds.

-Glowing eyes/Eye Shine

There was also a recent study done on Caribou in Norway and it was discovered their eyes change internally dependent on the time of year. Specifically the part with the rods and cones.

The part of the eye that matters here is the tapetum lucidum, the layer of tissue behind the retina that reflects light and helps an animal to better see in dim light. It’s sometimes known as the “cat’s eye” because it’s the layer that causes the eyes of a cat and other critters to glow at night when a small amount of light hits the eye. In most mammals, this eyeshine is golden. And that’s true for reindeer in summer. In winter, though, a reindeer’s tapetum lucidum is blue.

The deep blue color is unusual for a mammal, and the seasonal change is unique, the researchers say. The shift to blue increases the scatter of reflected light so it passes to more photoreceptors. “This increases retinal sensitivity but at the cost of acuity, which may be an advantageous winter trade-off,” the researchers write. In other words, the reindeer get to see a little more, though what they see might not be all that sharp. It could be enough, however, for a reindeer to spot a predator and avoid getting eaten.

The color shift isn’t the only change in the reindeer eye; winter also brings a reduction in the spacing between collagen fibers in the tapetum lucidum and an increase in the pressure within the eye. This pressure increase occurs because in winter the eye stays fully dilated to let in as much light as possible. More pressure on the collagen probably pushes the fibers together, causing the color of the tapetum lucidum to change to blue, the researchers say.

www.sciencenews.org...

The fact this is possible in a mammal opens the door to a reasonable explanation of what I've seen of different colored eye shine in pictures I've taken of animals but also what other people have reported with BF. Again....no one will be able to say definitively without a specimen available to science and papers published for the public.
edit on 31-3-2017 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Sorry your reading comprehension has failed you. Who is debating wether BF is real or not? The debate is if the OP was honest or not. It is clear that the OP is not.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

What in that article said the eyes glow during the daytime?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

IIRC they were discussing the daytime reflective abilities of the tapetum lucidum so guessing the Reindeer were subjected to eye exams to get the data?

I went looking for a scientific reason not only because of BF but I had noticed in taking pictures of Tigers and Lions some had green Eyeshine consistently and some had blue, some yellow. At the time I thought it was cute, but also it identified the Cats in photo's. In a sanctuary setting large cats are sometimes kept "not solo" due to space restrictions so in low light trying to figure out who was who?

For the record if you don't keep eye contact with a large cat and have a camera in front of your face it's "game on" with them and they make their move. By the time I snapped off a couple of pics god knows who was actually in the shot! Usually not who I wanted a picture of at the time. The colors became identifiers.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Check your PM's

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I find it sad that people's replies always include some tiny put down or ego minded insult

its a total joke man

why cant people just reply with their thoughts , why do they always have to have a sly dig !

this is rife on ATS and always happens , its like a constant one upmanship
everyone always trying to intellectually step over each other in some sort of intelligence pissing contest
or belittling each other because their word views are different , or if someone has one detail wrong they get hung drawn and quartered ,

people on ATS just cant bite their tongues and be humble

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

Caver, I sent you a Message...

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join