It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living With Sasquatches

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
This was a cool topic, thanks for posting it.

I've been fascinated and scared of bigfoot ever since I was a little kid.

There was always all kinds of noises out back in the woods. Knocking, howling, brush breaking. One morning after it had just snowed I went outside to play and found enormous footprints in the newly fallen snow. Footprints from the woods, to the house - under my window and back. I called my Dad who came to inspect it. He said quite frankly "oh, those are from Bigfoot, he lives out in the woods out there". He said bigfoot wouldn't bother me but I shouldn't go wandering out there for any reason. The very next day I was again outside playing in the snow in our side yard and all of a sudden I could feel all the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and I had an overwhelming sense of being watched from the woods behind me. I froze. I couldn't move or breathe, just froze there in the silence. I waited a few minutes too afraid to turn around to see what was looking at me and all of a sudden comes this low growl from the woods. Well that was it, I jumped up and ran like hell back into the house. I don't know if that was bigfoot or not. I never saw it but I sure did sense and hear something. That's my story and I'm sticking to it

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

after reading this I have just thoroughly convinced myself that sasquatch are actually a divergent species from the homo sapiens branch or a mix of !

and instead of moving into townships , villages and cities
they have continued to live in nature and evolve

however that evolution has taken place maybe they have developed abilities which help them dominate in nature!

anyways amazing stories, id be inclined to make contact with them in any non threatening way I could
exchange of gifts, like with other intelligent animal species to see if that produces a connection (magpies, pack rats, crows)
to see if they are traders !

please can you maybe leave them a gift , something natural , that you have found , nothing mass produced
try a precious stone or some shiny metal , see if you can open up mutual trade

I have always wondered why there are no similar "bigfoot" stories in europe , maybe that species migrated from europe thousands of years ago because humans were encroaching on their habitats

great stories id love to hear more

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scorpiogurl
This was a cool topic, thanks for posting it.

I've been fascinated and scared of bigfoot ever since I was a little kid.

There was always all kinds of noises out back in the woods. Knocking, howling, brush breaking. One morning after it had just snowed I went outside to play and found enormous footprints in the newly fallen snow. Footprints from the woods, to the house - under my window and back. I called my Dad who came to inspect it. He said quite frankly "oh, those are from Bigfoot, he lives out in the woods out there". He said bigfoot wouldn't bother me but I shouldn't go wandering out there for any reason. The very next day I was again outside playing in the snow in our side yard and all of a sudden I could feel all the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and I had an overwhelming sense of being watched from the woods behind me. I froze. I couldn't move or breathe, just froze there in the silence. I waited a few minutes too afraid to turn around to see what was looking at me and all of a sudden comes this low growl from the woods. Well that was it, I jumped up and ran like hell back into the house. I don't know if that was bigfoot or not. I never saw it but I sure did sense and hear something. That's my story and I'm sticking to it

Thank you for contributing your encounters.

I would encourage you to start a thread detailing as much as you can remember. We really need as many ATS member encounters archived here as possible.

Do you know how old you were when this happened?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Well, no actually "the government" doesn't say anything about NLP.

You cited a report on three parts of one study, that was published by PLoS One, which is a self-publishing service.(Link)

It was linked to by the National Library of Medicine, which is in turn sponsored by the National Institute of Health . (Link) (which is part of a government agency).

Recent studies have shown positive relationships between lyring and eye movements Link.

So ... you overstated your case more than a little there.

Additionally, are you sure you want to argue the standard position of mainstream scientific thought on the subject at hand?

Let's refrain from calling the kettle black when we're sitting in the teapot, eh?
edit on 29-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Just as a general statement, asking reasonable, fact-based questions doesn't make anyone a "nay-sayer."

The world doesn't (or shouldn't) dissolve in to believers and skeptics.

Your experience with your husband demonstrates that he wasn't particularly sensitive to your stated fears ... not that he intentionally took you into a known, highly-dangerous, situation. Bears, given the opportunity, will go out of their way to avoid humans.

So while your observation is correct that we weren't with the OP and her mate (obviously) the two anecdotes taken together does not suggest that all men everywhere put their partners into highly dangerous situations on a whim.

If you're going to argue from "reason" let's do so.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
And before I get flamed down for being a skeptic, non-believer, rude, etc. etc. etc.

I've had my own brief experience with what we're talking about here. (Or one part of what we're talking about).

Our options regarding these phenomena are not limited to either belief or disbelief.

I am not saying that OP is a hoaxer. I can believe that she is relating her experiences based on her understanding. As a matter of fact, based on my own understandings of these types of experiences, the somewhat mystical nature of her story makes more sense to me, personally.

There have been many, many cases of proven hoaxers and liars involved in the subject matter, and it behooves us all (unless we merely want to believe) to remain as objective as we can, right?

Doesn't that bring added value to the stories?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

after reading this I have just thoroughly convinced myself that sasquatch are actually a divergent species from the homo sapiens branch or a mix of !

That is my current hypothesis as well.

anyways amazing stories, id be inclined to make contact with them in any non threatening way I could
exchange of gifts, like with other intelligent animal species to see if that produces a connection (magpies, pack rats, crows)
to see if they are traders !

please can you maybe leave them a gift , something natural , that you have found , nothing mass produced
try a precious stone or some shiny metal , see if you can open up mutual trade

I am not interested in that, others like my mate, have interacted with some of these critters.
With mixed results.

Bigfoots like food....lol.
That is repeatedly successfully demonstrated.

I personally would not recommend it.

I have always wondered why there are no similar "bigfoot" stories in europe , maybe that species migrated from europe thousands of years ago because humans were encroaching on their habitats

On the contrary, David P. has a few cases in west Europe that have caught his attention. So I would not be so sure they all migrated...lol.

Still alot of mystery surrounding these critters

great stories id love to hear more

I would love to contribute more, maybe later.
Until then I would like to see more from others contributed.

Thank you for stopping in.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

You're going have to put on a tougher suit of armor as you've chosen to post your experiences on the internet. That's just a given.

That said with respect and concern for the apparent hurt you've experienced here ... I would like to ask you another question.

Have you had any other "odd" experiences at your place? That is, not related to the giants ... odd things you can't explain?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I was like 8 or 9 years old.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
And before I get flamed down for being a skeptic, non-believer, rude, etc. etc. etc.

I've had my own brief experience with what we're talking about here. (Or one part of what we're talking about).

Our options regarding these phenomena are not limited to either belief or disbelief.

I am not saying that OP is a hoaxer. I can believe that she is relating her experiences based on her understanding. As a matter of fact, based on my own understandings of these types of experiences, the somewhat mystical nature of her story makes more sense to me, personally.

There have been many, many cases of proven hoaxers and liars involved in the subject matter, and it behooves us all (unless we merely want to believe) to remain as objective as we can, right?

Doesn't that bring added value to the stories?

I will answer anything, as long as it does not reveal information that could further the hoaxers agenda, military operations, or general safety.

I cannot entertain debates that only exist in the minds of antagonists.

Again, In my opinion, skeptics make the best sasquatch researchers.

edit on 03 23 2017 by blueyedevilwoman because: delete word

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scorpiogurl

I was like 8 or 9 years old.

Wow, that is frightening.

My husband had an encounter when he was a child. One was looking thru the bedroom window at him.

Bobby Hamilton of "Bigfoot Hunters" fame had the same thing happen to him and his brother as a child.

They are known for this. Not sure of the intent, but it is a consistent trait.

Thank you for contributing to the thread.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

If the story is a lie and she's si full of crap, I must ask, Why are you still in her thread?

You're free to find another interesting topic on ats.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Scorpiogurl

Sounds like your dad was trying to make sure you didn't run off in the woods...seems like it worked.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandeezee

Because this isn't in stories or the gray area and the motto of the site compels me.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Exactly WHAT is law enforcement supposed to do if they're called out to a bf encounter?

They aren't Fish and Game. Bf aren't "people" as we know them, so they can't be arrested. Heck, police don't even carry the caliber to seriously hurt one.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

What's hilarious is you don't know what plos is...

That's just a collection of published papers...It has no reflection on what the government does or does not believe, it is just a library.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Shangralah

Pics disappearing is only a red flag to people who have no idea.

To those who have even a clue as to what's going on it isn't a mystery.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Did he go outside in his drawers or did he do as I would do and slide pants I'd worn earlier on?

Her husband may be supersticious or he may have talked to someone who advised trying to trade. He may have read accounts from history where native americans spoke of trading with them.

We don't know what went through his head, he may not know. He may have panicked and done something laughable. Have you never witnessed someone panic and do something strange?

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78

To some of the naysayers let me add a few bits. Husbands do some dumb-a$$ed stuff. For example I have an unnatural fear of Black Bears. Mostly cause I just haven't had enough experience with them, their behavior or micro movements to feel more confident.

Husbands AND wives all do stupid stuff, people do stupid stuff, I definitely agree.
The thing is though, although what your husband did was not very nice, or not a smart thing to do (possibly, I don't know him) it is not outside the realm of sanity,
What BEDW's husband did was, it makes no sense whatsoever, none. Your story and her story are nothing at all alike as far as that part goes.
I'm not saying that she hasn't seen what she claims, all I have been saying is that the way she approached this story was not normal, and you definitely never attack your readers. She just went about this entire process wrong, she started out good, then went downhill from there after things weren't going her way. That is typical of people that are making huge claims, distracting from a lie or an error.

I believed your story, and to top that, I also believe that the other bigfoot story in another thread made by a moderator named, "Seagull" is telling the truth, the difference is he is not verbally attacking others that might not agree with him. He doesn't make outlandish claims either. Done correctly this thread made by BEDW would've/could've been a great one, her demeanor is the real problem, although her story was too embellished as far as I am concerned, which takes it on another turn.

Had your story about your husband been about bigfoot I would not doubt your sincerity due to the way you went about (politely) telling your story, although bigfoot droppings is a little more than I want to think about right now.

edit on 29-3-2017 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: Vamana

She said camera and phone.

Yes pics were successfully taken with good quality and very little obstruction. They were gone in a matter of two hours. I have no explanation. But I know I am not the only one to have reported this occurrence. Both with cell phones and digital cameras

She also said game trail cameras. Mind you, even if a game trail camera gets destroyed he SD card would still be there.

She said "magically disappeared" which makes the implication the creature is able to go into the device and delete just the specific pictures of itself. No need to destroy the entire device when they can do that, yet sometimes they choose to destroy thousands of dollars of AV equipment.

The plot hole thickens.

If you were eben vaguely familiar with the subject, you would know that it's well known that trail cams generally don't work.

This isn't a regular animal we're dealing with.

And no the implication isn't the bf erased the pictures. Though, even if she did suggest this, I wouldn't blame her because she doesn't know. Nesrly none of us know.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join