It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living With Sasquatches

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Exactly. All this time and they haven't invested in some disposable film cameras? There are even game trail cams that give you the choice of digital or film.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Ray, do you have a general opinion about Sasquatch/etc. that you'd share with us?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I would think that would work 100%, getting a 35mm film camera. A lot of people wouldn't know how to use a film camera maybe too, but from what BEDW wrote she sounds as though she is old enough to have been around when film was king. I may be way off on her age though...
The thing though may be that nobody has one anymore, they are to be had for sure, but that might not be something that they wanted to do, it may be a 'lazy' thing, I don't know.
Since I wrote what I did it's been discussed to place a digital image online, that by far is the best idea I have heard to date, even e-mailing it. That one was so good I wish I had thought of it myself. heheh
Even though I didn't think of it for this post I sure would've considered it pretty quick had I been through what BEDW had.
Too many holes, just too many holes...
edit on 28-3-2017 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2017 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

Star and flag from me. Very interesting PERSONAL WITNESS TESTIMONY. I wish you would have put this into the "gray area", maybe the thread would have survived longer. Were i live there are no bigfoot witness accounts or that of any other Mythical beasts that i know of so this is pretty exotic.

Oh, pretty much anyone were i live have a few coins in their pockets every now and then :-)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: face23785

Exactly. All this time and they haven't invested in some disposable film cameras? There are even game trail cams that give you the choice of digital or film.

What configurations are disposable cameras available in regarding means of remote control (motion detection), F stop, ISO sensitivty and shutter speed?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

She initially said "camera" that can mean different things, I assumed digital and was asking if it was indeed on a digital camera, she could have said laptop/tablet/digital camera/phone, none of that would make it more/less believable.

Call it whatever you want this is not a court I'm not interrogating anyone.

If the whole story is fake it doesn't matter what/how you ask since the writer will still write whatever they want to suit it, "what camera model?" "it was a dslr-D3000" or "it was a phone" right such a big difference that makes since said photos don't exist anyway.

Even if it was a digital camera you can still upload to a phone/computer and do what you just said without going anywhere, it makes no difference whatsoever how I asked it or what it was since those photos never existed by the looks of it.

you are arguing over nothing when I clearly agree the story has other bigger flaws than the silly photos which are trivial to those other flaws
, it still is interesting to read though.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I believe it exists. I was raised in the Deep South and have heard too many hunting stories to discount it. Native Americans in the Midwest have stories about it. The panda is a perfect example of a mythical creature we thought was a fake story...until we discovered it.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Vamana

No she couldn't have, because you pointed out the flaw in your post. She had only one option as an answer.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: tomra

The sarcasm was lost on you...I'm not
Surprised.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: tomra
a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

Oh, pretty much anyone were i live have a few coins in their pockets every now and then :-)

It wasn't the coins in his pocket that was the real problem, it was the WHY he threw it...
Imagine that he is with his wife, she's scared to death because of all of the surrounding craziness, he says to her that he wants her to remain still, don't move, and all of that, then he steps over a few feet and throws coins. He then comes back and it continues, and here we are.

Our question was "why" did he do that, what reason on Earth would he think that point then and there he should dig into his pocket and throw money. She didn't know, we aren't even sure that she asked. Later she said she asked, but she couldn't say because he didn't know.
Had he said, "Stay here, I know a trick that makes them calm, I've done this before", then maybe... Not really, but at least it would make more sense.

That just sounds strange to me.
Hey, I want to believe her, but even she has given up on this thread, she hasn't stopped though, her thread about her VIDEO is being discussed as I type. Remember though, video and camera images cannot be taken, they will always be deleted.
Oh, wait, she is showing one now. I wonder how the heck she did that? heheh

That's how strange it sounds to me, I'm not jabbing at you, I am telling it like she said it was, that's all.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

I believe it exists. I was raised in the Deep South and have heard too many hunting stories to discount it. Native Americans in the Midwest have stories about it. The panda is a perfect example of a mythical creature we thought was a fake story...until we discovered it.

Fair enough.

My (current) conclusion is that people are seeing (hearing, smelling) something ... I'm just not quite sure what that is (or, whether it's even one phenomena causing all these events.)

Thanks for the answer Ray; I suspected that and didn't want you to be labeled as merely a "skeptic."
edit on 29-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

a reply to: CynConcepts

I was not confused. When discussing how the creature stood, how quickly it crossed the clearing etc he is looking up and to his right. That's imagination land. The rest of the time he is recalling events about his trip and he looks up and to his left.

I also agree he is telling the truth 75% of the time. It's that 25% that gets ya...

If I take out the times he is looking up and to the left his story is basically "I saw a big balled up animal, I couldn't tell what it was".

Eye orientation when talking to indicate truthfulness or lying has been discarded and discredited a long time ago. Its urban myth brought on by NLP dweebs in the 80s.

Even the govt says its crap.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Perseverent affect is something you should get checked out its indicitive of psychological disorders.
edit on 29-3-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Well Up here in the North Country of new York we have our Bigfoots too
the Hairy Giants or some called Stone men , In Iroquois Mohawk legends

The legends are well known , and also Werewolves, aka THE LOUP-GAROU ( French Canadian legends ) Thunderbird's ,
little people ( like Sprites , Faeries ,Pixies, Dwarfs , Brownies , ) and the Well Known CHAMP
Lake Champlain Monster ( like Nessie Loc ness Monster ) ohh yeah we have Witches & Ghosts too

Tales across and from New York and Canada along the Border

as one legend became fact is the Coy-wolves ,, Now confirmed a Hybrid of Coyote and Wolf ,
in the North Country of NY ..

as the D.E.C. Denied it and told the Public there haven't been wolves since the mid 1800s

after many complaints , DEC found out the Truth,

Question is Is Bigfoot a Neanderthal? some type of Early Man Hominid ?

a bear ?

well we know he/she is a master of Stealth

thats my input

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Well this thread kept chugging along!

To some of the naysayers let me add a few bits. Husbands do some dumb-a$$ed stuff. For example I have an unnatural fear of Black Bears. Mostly cause I just haven't had enough experience with them, their behavior or micro movements to feel more confident.

Regardless. my husband decided on our day "out" to take me to an historical old wooden oil derek he knew about up in the mountains a few-three hours away. My ONLY stipulation to a day of hiking was DO NOT haul me into "Bear Central".
You guessed it....as we hiked the mountain not only on the trail, and I use that term loosely, was there piles of Black Bear scat but as I got more incensed, it was all over the place off trail. It looked like the worlds biggest Black Bear potty box.

Idiot-boy tried to pass it off as raccoon scat. Till I also, in searching, found some clear bear tracks.
One thing people! I only stipulated ONE FREAKING THING!!!

I will never know why he pulled such a bone-headed maneuver, he didn't know why at the time and let me tell you with a 3 hour drive home trapped in the truck with a pissed female it's not like he could wiggle out of it. I never got a satisfactory answer. Ever.

So I'm not going to discount the OP's experience because her husband did something incomprehensible TO YOU.
None of us were there.

Despite having BF much too close to my home and suffering their BS I STILL had property maintenance to do, I still had to actually let the dogs go outside after dark. NONE of which I considered 100% safe at the time. It was serious enough it was a family decision to curtail visits from the grandkids and my own adult kids except during daylight hours. My adult daughter did much as some posters here did and pooh-poohed me.

One night on her drive back home after another lecture on her "mother's insanity" one walked out in front of her car and screamed at her. Maybe a mile or so from the house? She came to an abrupt stop and after it walked off into the woods called me up terrified and crying. She refused to call the police and decided she didn't want her Father and me getting dressed to come get her. (It was about 1-2 am) She drove home with no further incidents once she calmed down.

My son was also equally "challenged" with his new finance with him here. Yay family visits huh? He and new finance were getting ready to leave and I walked them to the bottom of the driveway. As we were standing there he kept pointing out he was hearing something making noise in the pines across the road. I told him deer, and was still chatting with my soon to be new DIL. My son kept walking over to the road and going back & forth deciding if he was going to go into the field to go take a look. Then we heard a distinct primate type whooping hollar. Yeah...and some crashing up in the pines. My son wanted to go chase it, because of course I did raise a idiot. I dissuaded him from it.

But thanks to the universe for my first introduction to the soon to be DIL being funky/weird.
I shoved them in his vehicle and packed them off. I also made them keep the headlights on me till I got all the way back to the house.

For people who haven't lived this I don't expect you to understand. I wouldn't have.

edit on 29-3-2017 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   

I assume that's how science works in illustrious Alabama.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

To some of the naysayers let me add a few bits. Husbands do some dumb-a$$ed stuff. For example I have an unnatural fear of Black Bears. Mostly cause I just haven't had enough experience with them, their behavior or micro movements to feel more confident. Regardless. my husband decided on our day "out" to take me to an historical old wooden oil derek he knew about up in the mountains a few-three hours away. My ONLY stipulation to a day of hiking was DO NOT haul me into "Bear Central". You guessed it....as we hiked the mountain not only on the trail, and I use that term loosely, was there piles of Black Bear scat but as I got more incensed, it was all over the place off trail. It looked like the worlds biggest Black Bear potty box. Idiot-boy tried to pass it off as raccoon scat. Till I also, in searching, found some clear bear tracks. One thing people! I only stipulated ONE FREAKING THING!!! I will never know why he pulled such a bone-headed maneuver, he didn't know why at the time and let me tell you with a 3 hour drive home trapped in the truck with a pissed female it's not like he could wiggle out of it. I never got a satisfactory answer. Ever.

Sounds like he wants you killed by a bear so he can run off with that hot young waitress.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Yea I exposed the whole story "making her say phone" completely backed her into a corner no way she could say anything else this totally shows this was hoaxed, damn someone should have asked it sooner than page 5 we could have wrapped this up much faster.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: mersaultdies

Sorry I went "nuts" and decided to share some of what we lived with. After the Bear thing I'd of picked out a cute waitress for him too!!! Better her than me!!

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vamana

Yea I exposed the whole story "making her say phone" completely backed her into a corner :

Lol.......yall exposed something alright.

Unfortunately I am not allowed to discuss what that is.............comes after deny.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
a reply to: mersaultdies

Sorry I went "nuts" and decided to share some of what we lived with.

I can see where your coming from.
Im still happy you shared.

Its all entertaining until they go tattle telling.
Chuckle heads doing what they do best.

Thank you again for contributing.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join