It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living With Sasquatches

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I want to believe, and it seems like you have kind of "dropped the ball" by not getting some good pics or video after 8 years.

have you set up a video camera that watches your pond? With a live feed? You have to understand that pictures magically disappearing is a red flag right?

If some people have good pics that if your nice they will show you why haven't those disappeared?
edit on 28-3-2017 by Shangralah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

That is where I was going next
He was IN BED!! Who goes to bed with change in their pocket? The implication is that he KNEW to grab some change before he left the house. It's clear she is trying to paint the Mr. in the story as some kind of mystic with a connection to these "creatures". The change was the death knell to the story, one of many, but the biggest one.
edit on 28-3-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
You say you dont get a camera because they will just destroy it.

But these things are all around your house and your yard right?

Any cameras inside the house looking through windows you know so they cant destroy them? And if not why not?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Shangralah

I don't think it would matter what you have, as these highly intelligent creatures have the ability to destroy/bypass it. They're now hacking phones and electronic devices. They can throw rocks with pin point accuracy.

And best of all, here's the big one in case you missed it, you can be standing looking at one and can't see it.

Masters of delusion, I mean illusion

OP's blowing off the coin thing as trivial, I'm not so sure, there's maybe more to it. It's possible they want to be paid to come out. It's a smart move, I'd leave out cash next time to draw them out, have a camera ready for them to break. Have your phone handy in case they want to hack it.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Shedevil women, I don't suppose your last name is Henderson?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: WHWIV

Quote 11: You're welcome; I really did enjoy the thread until all the animosity started.

This. I actually thoroughly enjoyed the thread until the "anyone asking tough questions is a troll" nonsense started and all her childish condescension. Most of us aren't even demanding she prove anything, just asking perfectly logical questions. There were a few points where people just misunderstood what she said, and she can't simply clarify it like an adult, instead goes completely juvenile on us. She makes several references throughout the thread to the "uninitiated". Well, sadly we can't all be in this little club, but for someone so initiated, she sure does get bent out of shape quickly by any level of disbelief. She claims she's "used to it" but sure doesn't act that way. You would think being involved for so long would render you at least somewhat able to take criticism without falling apart at the seams, but that sure hasn't happened in this case.

Oh well. Farewell to what was an interesting thread. It's obvious no further meaningful discussion will happen here, just a lot of circle-jerking.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OnionHead

Not only will they destroy the camera, they will make sure they wipe the SD card inside it that would have all the stored images.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

Logical fallacy. Common argument of hoaxers.

Why? Attention.

Well thank you for your assessment of my personality.

Could you please quote exactly what you are replying to so others can better understand what it is you are talking about.

Thank you

Honestly, without quotes, this posters responses seem run-on, eager, and goading. I've been enjoying the thread so far, and all the responses (polite, or otherwise)... some interesting stuff to chew on, here.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

a reply to: OnionHead

Not only will they destroy the camera, they will make sure they wipe the SD card inside it that would have all the stored images.

Confirmed. Bigfeet are indeed deckers.
edit on 28-3-2017 by WHWIV because: I didn't use the plural of 'bigfoot' correctly.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Surely this isn't going to dissolve into a 1990's "skeptics vs. believers" thread, is it?

There were and are reasonable questions about OPs story and subsequent narrative.

There's nothing trolling or disruptive about asking reasonable questions about facts.

Further, let's just admit that OP isn't exhibiting the greatest decorum either ...

That said ... what struck me about the OP was the almost hypnagogic nature of the story from 2011.

The main characters rose up in the middle of the night, went out into the darkness, and OP was 'initiated' into a strange set of rituals. Almost like a dream-state or something.

At least that was the quality of the report to me; YMMV.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I just want to point out that when the guy starts talking about Sasquatch he is constantly looking up and to the right. When he is discussing details concerning his route he is looking up and to the left. He also plays with his hands more when discussing Sasquatch.

He is mixing truth with lies. He is using both the imaginative and recall portions of his brain when telling the story. He is embellishing.

He then says that it happened on the right side of the truck (even pointing) as it came out of the woods and crossed the clearing to the street, but then about 2 minutes later he says he was looking at it out of his left window as he drove by...then about a minute later it seems like he realized what he did and he says "it crossed the street". So we are to believe two vehicle going less than 10 MPH (his words and in his comments) one of which was a normal pickup (although lifted) and they were not able to stop for a large animal crossing the street? It was hit it at roughly 10MPH and it broke this things hip? I've been hit by a car at 10MPH...I was fine. Also, where was this ever elusive creature on it's way to? TO stand in the middle of a highway in broad daylight?

He then called his mom and wife and didn't call the police to report an large, unknown, injured animal? Also, It doesn't matter how jacked up a 4x4 pickup is, it still weights roughly the same as a standard pickup. A massive 400+ pound animal (based on full grown gorilla) would cause damage to a vehicle, yet there are no police or insurance reports to back up this story?

How can people be so gullible?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Valentinus

Sorry you don't know how to use the forums...you would think someone here 7 years would know how it works. Others have been able to follow just fine. I am assuming those are the smarter ones who don't fall for stupid stories at every turn.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat

a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

If you cannot use the boards correctly don't use them. Click the post link and it will pop out your post in a nifty little window...

Ok we get it she's a horrible person...can YOU not use our community boards to do what youre doing which is poke and prod to incite confrontation? You said your opinion yet added nothing to the conversation in ten posts following, off topic if you ask me. If its all bull post content against it or an argument not just abrasive personality syndrome episodes.

Wow. When I said I was enjoying the lively responses, polite or otherwise, I hadn't yet gotten to the actual nasty posts...

I, too, would like to see this thread back on the rails, without all the bullying... it's been a nice read, so far. And while I also question the absence of pics... and would take these stories with a grain of salt, no matter how brilliantly they had been presented... bullying is bullying.

You can ask a legitimate question, and still be a bully about it, and that's what's happening. This type of behaviour is toxic, and accomplishes no real communication on the subject.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

All stories are a nice read until the holes get pointed out...if you want I can ruin Harry Potter for you in about 5 minutes.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I know you weren't responding to me, but I'd like to clear the air a bit on my end.

I was keeping up with this thread and really enjoyed it until the extreme defensiveness happened. My first post wasn't mean or anything, it just had questions that I think any normal person would pose. She was already angry at raymundoko for doubting her, and then she saw me type 'SO' and just went off. I don't know why people automatically assume that a doubting tone is a mean one, but there it is.

Yeah, I may have said her significant other was being an idiot, but honestly.... coins?! What would possess anyone to suddenly think "Hmm, bad sitch I'm in with these bigfeet. Better drop some change and get outta here."

So... I guess I'm saying I apologize for calling him an idiot. It's still a dumb thing to do though.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: WHWIV

I know you weren't responding to me, but I'd like to clear the air a bit on my end.

I was keeping up with this thread and really enjoyed it until the extreme defensiveness happened. My first post wasn't mean or anything, it just had questions that I think any normal person would pose. She was already angry at raymundoko for doubting her, and then she saw me type 'SO' and just went off. I don't know why people automatically assume that a doubting tone is a mean one, but there it is.

Yeah, I may have said her significant other was being an idiot, but honestly.... coins?! What would possess anyone to suddenly think "Hmm, bad sitch I'm in with these bigfeet. Better drop some change and get outta here."

So... I guess I'm saying I apologize for calling him an idiot. It's still a dumb thing to do though.

I wasn't mentally including your posts in my assessment... I felt you, and others, posed your questions in a civil manner, and I think we might have gotten more out of the person being questioned had she not felt harassed.

Several people were behaving badly, derailing the conversation... disappointed to see that eventually, one of those people behaving badly was also the op, herself. Her table manners in her own home (ie, her own thread) aside, I still think it was a good read, and worth some discussion.

Yeah, the coin part was weird. But people do weird things all the time without reason.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Why did he have coins in the first place? He was in bed. He sat up, he asked her to go for a stroll all mystic type, but he made sure to grab some coins first...then told her to wait there while he dropped the coins. She also said in her story that she never saw the prints because she never went back over there, but then later posted that there were no prints. This is called getting caught up in the lie. Other details, like clearing a weapon (when evacuating due to danger you just put the safety on), are called detail overload and a telltale sign of a made up story.

The implication was clearly that this was a big deal and he knew something. Once the gaping flaw was pointed out she tried to play it of as "why not, it isn't a big deal", to which I say: Yes it is. It's enough of a big deal that you included it in the story 6 years later...

Edit: Nothing I posted here was ad hominem. It doesn't matter if I wasn't being tactful. This is text on the internet, I am not going to sugar coat truth so that people feel warm and fuzzies while they are reading it.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I did watch that video of the truck driver again, wondering how I could miss seeing so many clues that you shared, since I am a retired NLP Hypnotist. Thought I was perhaps getting old.

First, I think your bias may be interfering with your perceptions. 96% of this video he is looking upwards to his left when recalling details including his adventure. Maybe you mixed this up since you are looking at it from your perception of left vs right.

Second, I have found and most professionals realize eye movement is not 100% tell. That is a myth. It is only one of a number of tells and one does have to watch body language and speech patterns.

Third, one has to determine whether the subject is telling a story that causes them to be nervous, ashamed, or anxious. it is a calculated statistic that may give you an idea between truth, but only still 75% until you are able to ask more questions and only 100% surety is in them admitting it!

After watching again, I still am believing he is 75% telling his truth. Though, even he has no clue what he had actually seen. He only knows it is nothing he has ever seen before. Here on ATS without a pic or video, we have only the ability to ask questions more often than not.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Not for nothing, as several have pointed out ... it's common for thousands of years as a kind of folk magic to offer coins to the "nature spirits" for protection.

Happened in ancient Greece, usually at a crossroads or near (you guessed it) bodies of water.

Something about the liminal spaces ... betwixt and between etc.

The stuff from 2011 still sounds a lot like an "initiation" into something.

That would also explain a) waking OP up in the middle of the night and b) the exposure to a supposedly "life threatening" situation.

I haven't figured out how this fits in here, yet. OP seems to be (not alleging mental illness here) drifting between a real world report and "otherworldly" experiences.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

What does your NLP training tell you about the speech-patterns in a) the OPs first relation of the story and b) subsequent reactions?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join