It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living With Sasquatches

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Thank you for the thread.

This is one of the most interesting I have read as the tone tries to stay factual and clear of hyperbole.

I do think there are some details that sound silly and damage the credibility of what you are saying. Eg. Your 'mate' thought it was a good idea to take you out at night, to see at close range, these creatures, that had killed your beloved animals by either puncturing with teeth or claws or beating to death, and caused other damage in the area. Poor Simon might wonder why that was a good idea after he had laid his life down to protect you and your territory from these killers.

So, overall, I am incredibly curious and would love to see more information come to light on this subject. At this stage I personally lean towards this being a fabrication as I'm quite sceptical - no offence.

To other ATSers: Does anyone have any experience or information on creatures like this in Britain? If so, I would love to hear details.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman
Is there something we should know about coins and sasquatches?
I mean what is the fetish with the coins part?

Because it is frankly a very odd and glaring detail to include in a bigfoot encounter. I was wondering the same thing for the entirety of the thread and only really am responding now because after ray's haranguing you seem a bit prickly.

What in the world would possess someone to throw coins towards something they think might be a large imposing ape-creature? Why would you drag you're SO outside to observe something potentially dangerous; why would you acquiesce? I don't know, different people are obviously different but... well you don't know why, he doesn't know why. I guess we'll never know why.

For the record, I actually do think there is something to the bigfoot thing; my mother has actually had a sighting with my (now-deceased) grandfather and it rattled both of them quite a bit. I don't think thousands of people are just lying for fun or fame because a lot of them don't get either.

Another thing which I find kind of... weird?.. is the whole "I know things because I have military/LEO in my family but I'm not gonna tell you, neener neener" thing that seems to pop up in these kinds of threads from time to time. I find statements like that to be 1) Unnecessary if it's true, because by then you've -already- said too much, and 2) If the topic of safety is that paramount to you, then you'd just say what you know or have been told. I'm not asking for some cited report from you're uncle Bob the Forest Ranger; but saying something like "Well, my uncle the ranger has said he was told not to speak about it with the public, etc" would at least not seem so "I know something you don't know"ish.

I also think the entire photo vanishing thing is a big point. That just doesn't make sense, in any conceivable way. Please don't cite Jesus pics or didn't happen because that is patently ridiculous.

Anyhow... I have incidentally enjoyed -most- of the thread, and like I said I do think there is something odd going on. I just think some of the things you've related don't make any sense in a way that can be acted upon.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

Trying my to justify why you included it in the story? Trying to play it off as some kind of unimportant part of your fake story?

Again, he just mystically sits up. He has some kind of link to them. You're trying to paint him as a mystic who is somehow connected to or has knowledge of them. Now you're trying to play it off as some guy playing a guessing game who could have gotten his wife killed...

Your story is fake and it is obvious.

If thats what you want to believe.
Im ok with that.

The only glaringly obvious fact is you have nothing but your opinion to back up what you say.

An opinion based on your own ignorance of facts.

Which account was that again you accused me of having?

Any idiot can do what you are doing.

Try acting like a man for once, it will get you out from behind that keyboard.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
You are probably regretting mentioning the coins being dropped by now, but truly it is an interesting change in most stories. Were the coins gone the next day or still where they had fallen? It is a very symbolic action that raises questions.

I know I have tossed pennies for good luck and actually planted shiny dimes to capture the curious raccoons on my cams. Amazingly, skunks, possums, foxes, and wild cats find them interesting to play with too.

So I am legitimately curious if this unknown creature may have been interested in these shiny objects left behind.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Tough crowd huh?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I never accused you of having another account. I asked you why you were replying to yourself and if you had thought you were using another account. Do you still not realize you replied to yourself?

More ad hominem from you there though, it's not surprising. That's what hoaxers do. Quite comical since I've clearly stated I'm on mobile, so no keyboard needed. Much of this conversation happened on a boat while fishing today. It was quite a fun day.
edit on 27-3-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mersaultdies
Thank you for the thread.

This is one of the most interesting I have read as the tone tries to stay factual and clear of hyperbole.

I do think there are some details that sound silly and damage the credibility of what you are saying. Eg. Your 'mate' thought it was a good idea to take you out at night, to see at close range, these creatures, that had killed your beloved animals by either puncturing with teeth or claws or beating to death, and caused other damage in the area. Poor Simon might wonder why that was a good idea after he had laid his life down to protect you and your territory from these killers.

So, overall, I am incredibly curious and would love to see more information come to light on this subject. At this stage I personally lean towards this being a fabrication as I'm quite sceptical - no offence.

Thank you for your thoughts on the subject.

Im not going to try and defend his reasons, nor am I going to modify my statements to match testimony you may find more believable.

I am not offended at all by your skepticism.

Again Im not attempting to prove their existence.
Just sharing an experience.

To other ATSers: Does anyone have any experience or information on creatures like this in Britain? If so, I would love to hear details.

(post by blueyedevilwoman removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

I never accused you of having another account. .

ROFLOL!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I missed this reply to my earlier post. Please realize that I am looking for answers as well. I am skeptical but open-minded. I have shared my story in other threads. I have only a clay sculpture ai made from the banks of a channel that I gave as a gift to my grandparent. At 3 years old, I stated that it was my big furry friend. I had forgotten this being gone from family for 20 years. My uncle gave it to me upon returning back to my home state. My mother has it now. I ask skeptic questions because I am trying to find answers for myself that prove I or my family are not crazy.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Thank you and goodnight!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
I missed this reply to my earlier post. Please realize that I am looking for answers as well. I am skeptical but open-minded. I have shared my story in other threads. I have only a clay sculpture ai made from the banks of a channel that I gave as a gift to my grandparent. At 3 years old, I stated that it was my big furry friend. I had forgotten this being gone from family for 20 years. My uncle gave it to me upon returning back to my home state. My mother has it now. I ask skeptic questions because I am trying to find answers for myself that prove I or my family are not crazy.

Were cool, I understand completely.

While retelling my story to friends one time, some laughed, others said b.s. but one couple came to me privately and told me.

While the family was moving to California they pulled over to get some sleep. The whole family saw and heard one. It scared them to death.

I asked her why she didnt share her story with mine.

Her answer: Nobody ever believed us.

Im not a shrink.

Yall are not crazy.
Live your life.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
Tough crowd huh?

No. for the most part, its been civil.

If you dont believe me no biggie.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
Tough crowd huh?

No. for the most part, its been civil.

If you dont believe me no biggie.

I don't.
No biggie.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

More ad hominem. The only one who is looking less than stellar is you. Read my post again, that's exactly what I said I said. Again, do you still not realize you replied to yourself? My question was not unfounded. It appeared you accidentally replied to yourself. The post is there for all to see...
edit on 27-3-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Look into the missing children series on YouTube associated with state Parks.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
You are probably regretting mentioning the coins being dropped by now

No. Same thing Ive always said.
Why would I regret it?

, but truly it is an interesting change in most stories. Were the coins gone the next day or still where they had fallen? It is a very symbolic action that raises questions.

Ok, how?
Ive heard of people undressing, missing time, portal sightings.....oh but he threw change down and that somehow unravels my grand hoax scheme?
I dont understand.

Yes they were gone. I looked and did not find any.

Again I dont understand what you mean by a "symbolic action"

For real, what are yall getting at?

I know I have tossed pennies for good luck and actually planted shiny dimes to capture the curious raccoons on my cams. Amazingly, skunks, possums, foxes, and wild cats find them interesting to play with too.

So I am legitimately curious if this unknown creature may have been interested in these shiny objects left behind.

Ive made wishing well tosses too.
Still not getting what it is you are getting at.
I did not see anything pick them up, I didnt see anything at all that night.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

So you admit your husband had no idea the coins would be of any use, yet he took you out to see monsters that had killed your beloved pets? You don't see how that's a plot hole?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Yes, in your opinion.
Please continue

You quoted 2 paragraphs full of facts and opinion. Are you going to respond to any of the facts? I get you don't like my opinion, I knew that would be the case before I posted.

Citation please.

I believe, or intended to assert only this:

"Skeptics make the best researchers"

But Im sure you are going to rattle on and on from this point on about what you believe I said. In attempt to con others into believing I actually stated what you are implying

Please feel free to continue on.........

You said "it would be to your own benefit to try and disprove their existence. Rather than me trying to convince you of their existence". It's the 3rd post on page 2. If you didn't literally mean the burden of proof is on skeptics, I misunderstood you, and I apologize. It is a typical challenge of believers (in any unproven subject) when confronted by skeptics asking for proof to say "well why don't you prove it doesn't exist?" and as I stated, that's impossible. In the context of the discussion, the way you said it, I thought that was what you meant. I'm not trying to con anyone. I'm trying to have a thoughtful discussion, went out of my way to specifically state this isn't an attack, it's not ridicule, I'm not saying sasquatch is a hoax, etc. Discussion often involves some back and forth to get some points clear. If you can't do that without resorting to baseless accusations, maybe you shouldn't be trying to have these types of discussions. They will inevitably lead to people questioning you. Not everyone who questions you is an asshole, and you really don't need to get so defensive. But that's just my OPINION.

The kind that recognizes a sudden and lasting flood of prowler calls as a potential threat.

The kind that doesnt leave an officer in soiled pants.

The kind that when a child disappeares in a certain scenario, the search and rescue know more than fanning the bush.

I have more...

These same problems could be encountered by LEOs that don't know what to do in areas that have bears. I don't see where denial of the sasquatch would lead to a specific problem that can't be addressed by any competent LEO, as I'll expand on below.

And sometimes they show up with lights going, but they dont stop and they dont get out of the patrol car either, well not until the other six officers arrive with fire trucks and ambulances......but yeah you know so much, tell me what else I do and dont know as well as interpret for me.......

What I will tell you is if you call your local law enforcement and tell them a large unidentified animal is in your yard attacking your animals and all they do is roll up and flash their lights, you need to go to your local government and demand something be done, because your department sucks. Just to be clear, I'm not talking about "I saw something in my backyard" calls. No matter what special training your cops have they're no more likely to come out if you tell them that in sasquatch country than they are in bear country. I'm talking about "Something big and growling is breaking into my house" or "Something just attacked my dog" calls. I believe this addresses your next few responses as well.

Maybe where you live. Where I live. The deputies will not pull through the gate. The last one said the same thing as the last six.

"Get some game cameras"

Lol.

Your just going to keep rolling with these assumptions, so have fun talking to yourself.......

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

You really haven't contributed much to this interesting thread whatsoever have you? except to try and tear it apart for no good reason. Do you not think we're clever enough to ascertain truth from fiction without your acidic remarks? How does the poster's story affect you personally either way? Could you not just have ignored the thread if you had nothing constructive to say?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join