It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living With Sasquatches

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Clearing the weapon is called detail overload. Provide details that aren't needed to make the story seem true.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

It took you this long to come up with that? I bet you regret including that tidbit because it invalidates your story.

Same line of reasoning: why would he yell "what are you doing way up here" like they have some kind of agreement on where these things should live?

Your implication is you want the male in your story to be the mystic type who understands, hence why he sat up and asked you to take a stroll.

It's classic Bigfoot fan fiction.

Your story reeks of falsehood.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Do you have access to ask "Mr. Devil Man" questions?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

I missed your very fulsome reply to my questions early on; thank you kindly for your time.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: raymundoko

I asked a few basic questions about the story early on, one of which was about OP's "mate" tossing the change.

It seemed to be an integral part of the story ... yet ... 9 pages on ... not even the slightest attempt at a reasonable explanation.

I also wondered why OP's "mate" didn't just say ... "Look honey, I've been wandering out in the woods at night and I've discovered a whole new species and am in the process of studying their culture, learning their ways and "language" ... instead, "the mate" drags OP out in the middle of the night into (apparent) extreme danger.

Normally, that's just fine ... but in a story in which we are asked for such an astounding suspension of disbelief ... why can't we have just a few of these sorts of details nailed down?

Further, why would OP respond to you in such a manner on ATS ... as if "she" is asserting dominance or something. Note, that as you're shifting some of the attention away from her as the focus here ... you have now become a "thing."

I would answer you but Im too needy and stupid.
Maybe you should read the three pages of slanders he spent his day on.
But I get it. Seen it for years on ATS and it kept me from signing up.
Some people can attack members, some cannot.

The reason I demanded he quote me was

A. He was rude from the start.
B. Non members and cell users being able to follow his line of questioning.

He made it clear in his opinion that I was a lying attention seeker.

Which I thanked him for and moved on.
You dont have to agree with me.
But if you insult me.......well, eye for an eye......and all that jazz.

A little too NPD if you know what I mean.

Yeah just like that

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Very valid question.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Cell users? The pop out works on mobile, that's what I use...

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Understood.

Is Mr. Devil Man around? Can you ask him questions?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Who said anything about them being a horrible person? They simply don't understand how replies work and I educated them.

My contribution is the same unanswered question over and over again. Why does she still not know what the change was for? it's a huge plot hole by a poor writer.

No Im forcing you into submission in front of everone.
If it is worth it to you.
You will do what I said.

Or continue to be ignored.
Im in control.
Got that?

If you have a question or statement, make it, and quit trashing up my thread.......boy.

Bwahahaha, epic!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of flack for this so let me start out with a disclaimer. Personally I have always been fascinated by bigfoot sightings. With all the unexplored, uninhabited wilderness in many countries, it doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility to me that a creature such as that could be living deep in the forest undiscovered. I certainly am not the type to just blanket discount any report of such a thing. I enjoy reading the encounters, have watched numerous documentaries (not the new History channel nonsense, the good stuff back in the day). I try to maintain an open mind about whether such a creature actually exists, pending evidence beyond anecdotal stories. I've actually reworded this a number of times to try not to sound adversarial or mocking. My intention is not attack or ridicule. That being said, a few things healthy thoughts from your neighborhood skeptic:

At least in the US, the notion that game commission, federal forest service, or other such federal/state employees (including state/county/local LEOs) would not report encounters for fear of losing their jobs just doesn't make sense. How do you reconcile that with the fact that numerous such people HAVE reported encounters and even done interviews with media and investigators, and didn't lose their jobs? Pretty much every documentary I've seen on the subject includes interviews with such folks. It just doesn't add up. That's just conspiracy theorist junk, at least in the US. I can't speak to how other countries' governments handle that. Throwing cute little details like that in that are easily debunked just makes it harder to get yourself taken seriously.

Yes, in your opinion.
Please continue

Furthermore, the assertion that skeptics need to disprove that it exists is not helpful at all.

Citation please.

I believe, or intended to assert only this:

"Skeptics make the best researchers"

But Im sure you are going to rattle on and on from this point on about what you believe I said. In attempt to con others into believing I actually stated what you are implying

Please feel free to continue on.........

This isn't how science works. If you want to be taken seriously by the scientific community, I suggest you embrace its methods. The burden of proof is on the claimant. It's generally impossible to disprove something exists. Approaching any subject from that direction is completely illogical and will get you nowhere. I'm not saying you're all liars, but until verifiable physical evidence can be produced most people will remain skeptical, and for good reason.

Wow. That sounds familiar.

Who again are you reffering to about illogically demanding disproof from skeptics?

Not me.

I said.
By all means go look for yourself before claiming they dont exist.

I do agree that the sheer number of sightings lends some degree of credibility to the subject, which is why I find it so interesting as opposed to other lesser known cryptids. A whole bunch of stories are still just stories though, not hard evidence. In fact earlier someone suggested this is a recent phenomenon that started around the time of the flying saucer craze. Not sure where (s)he got that idea, because bigfoot stories have been around a very long time. That's another reason I find them so compelling.

Can agree with you there.

I also have to take issue with the idea that the supposed coverup is endangering people because our LEOs aren't getting proper training. What sort of training are you suggesting they need?

The kind that recognizes a sudden and lasting flood of prowler calls as a potential threat.

The kind that doesnt leave an officer in soiled pants.

The kind that when a child disappeares in a certain scenario, the search and rescue know more than fanning the bush.

I have more...

If any large unidentified animal is on your property posing a danger to you, your family, or your pets/livestock, LEOs will show up if called

And sometimes they show up with lights going, but they dont stop and they dont get out of the patrol car either, well not until the other six officers arrive with fire trucks and ambulances......but yeah you know so much, tell me what else I do and dont know as well as interpret for me.......

assess the threat (is it acting in a menacing manner, is it charging, is it actively attacking a person or another animal or damaging property) and kill it if necessary, no matter what it is.

Maybe where you live. Where I live. The deputies will not pull through the gate. The last one said the same thing as the last six.

"Get some game cameras"

Lol.

Even if you identify it as a Sasquatch when you call, they're still gonna come investigate it.

I never said they didnt.

If for no other reason, they will show up to investigate because 1) curiosity and 2) people often mistakenly identify animals, it could be a bear or something and therefore the caller is still potentially in danger. So yeah, LE is gonna respond to your calls

Your just going to keep rolling with these assumptions, so have fun talking to yourself.......

no matter how deep the MIB coverup is.

originally posted by: GreyScale

a reply to: GreyScale

You've seen these apes?

Tell us about them.

A few minutes later someone on the other side of the meadow cleared their throat. It sounded, to me, that the someone clearing their throat could have only made that noise if their chest was about 4 feet wide.

I heard a tearing sound, and a massive stump, roots and dirt flying and all, came out of the woods to the west and landed in the middle of the clearing.

Then... the throat clearing noise again.

I cleared my weapon, took my stuff and left.

I gotta ask, what would possess you to clear your weapon at that point?

originally posted by: Neil4No1

re: road flares for charred sassy squatch

I figured the bbq lighter and flammable spray more as a fireball-spittin scare tactic as I growl, crap my pants, and slowly back away, so I don't smudge, of course -- so my awesome story can be told that I did not technically flee during my encounter with a great bigfoot, lol.

Most animals will retreat from fire, so you might be ok there. I'd invest in a large-caliber rifle though and put in some range time. I wouldn't want to kill one, but if it came down to my life I would.

I would advise anyone to do the same. If you insist on going out in the woods where you think these things are or you live near some of this activity, best to be prepared. Even the most docile creatures will sometimes attack. It may be intelligent, but it's still wild. Your life isn't worth some pretentious notion that you have some harmonic understanding with it and know what it will do. Again I'm not advocating just killing one for no reason, but if you don't have the means and it ever becomes necessary, you're a statistic.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
I really enjoyed this thread and one of the few (bigfoot related) I've really ever bothered to delve into. Your testimony strikes me of someone who isn't trying to sell me anything just speaking matter of fact. I appreciate that. The whole pictures just disappeared comments rub me the wrong way but in light of recent Wikileaks releases on CIA having access to our personal data, it is quite possible there is something to gain (militarily) to keep it hush hush.

I'm not a believer or a disbeliever, in fact I'm convinced at some point in our history "giants" roamed this planet and possibly still do. As someone who lives in the forest (never had an experience) I know there is always local "talk" about things that most urban centers don't partake, nor does anyone have a desire to share those things. Those who live away from population centers do so for a reason and they just don't want that peace to be turned upside down. Interestingly, there is a bigfoot seminar happening in my local area on April 8th. I entertained attending for #s and giggles. Suddenly, my interest has peaked further.

Anyways, thanks for sharing. much appreciated!

Thank you for contributing your thoughts on the subject.

And no Im not trying to sell you anything. Just sharing some of my experiences.

As I stated earlier, not too long ago I would figure someone was crazy or lying. In other words I wouldnt believe it either.

I am happy you enjoyed it.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyeddie68

originally posted by: crazyeddie68
Thank you blueyedevilwoman for making the crypto forum here fun to read again.

While I've never actually seen a Sasquatch myself,I've been in and around the mountains of the NE USA enough to realize how vast the forests of America actually are.

I look forward to reading more from those who have had the rare opportunity of actually seeing these elusive creatures.

Thank you crazyeddie68,

In part I would hope more people will come out and start threads on their encounters. Due to some lame attempts by others to ridicule or slander the testimonies of ordinary people like myself. Most people opt to remain silent as to remain in the "cool club". This malevolent behaviour must be confronted for what it is. Bullying.

I encourage others that are adamantly against the notion of the existence of these creatures. To get out in the field and actually look before becoming hostile at the initiated.

You seem to be curious and of a outdoors type. I would recommend just asking around your own neighborhood, coffee shops trusted friends or family.

These critters seem to be in certain ranges. Some parts of the country are devoid of any historical myths or recent sightings. I bet somewhere within a 100 miles or so you may stumble across some lore or local gossip concerning the subject.

Thank you for your kind reply

You hit the nail on the head with your comment about ridicule.

Every time a member here posted experiences they've had with these creatures,certain members would harass and bully them for "proof".

This is ATS,members should feel comfortable posting their experiences here without embarrassment or fear of what others may think.

As I said,I've never seen one,but that doesn't mean I don't think they're not roaming our forests.

So keep' the encounters coming folks!

Thank you and I agree.

Skepticism is good.
Skeptics are good.

But dont be afraid of being asked hard questions or slandered.

The more people that come forward.
The more likely we are to get straight answers.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

He is sitting right here?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Very valid question.

Why would access to my mate be a question even?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Can you ask him why he tossed down the coins?

Can you ask him why he took you out into the middle of a dangerous situation without letting you know what was happening?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Can you ask him why he tossed down the coins?

He said "I dont know, why not"

Can you ask him why he took you out into the middle of a dangerous situation without letting you know what was happening?

He said:

Would your wife go out into a swamp late at night with you, if you told her what you had seen?"

I know that is answering a question with a question, but I THINK everyone will understand what he means by it.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Thank you kindly for your trouble.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Your welcome, no trouble at all.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
From page 4

And those coins that Mr Devil Man dropped, was it for good luck or to attract fish in the water hoping sassy squatch would grab the fish instead of ya'll? No idea. And the multiple explosions, were they preset perimeter traps?

I dont know.

And right under that

em? What use could they have for change? Because it is shiny, or what?

I dont know why?

Is there something we should know about coins and sasquatches?
I mean what is the fetish with the coins part?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Trying my to justify why you included it in the story? Trying to play it off as some kind of unimportant part of your fake story?

Again, he just mystically sits up. He has some kind of link to them. You're trying to paint him as a mystic who is somehow connected to or has knowledge of them. Now you're trying to play it off as some guy playing a guessing game who could have gotten his wife killed...

Your story is fake and it is obvious.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join