It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube loses millions as advertising row reaches US

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: RayTheWizardLiotta

You were right, very truthful video. I had no idea they were taking this censorship so far.

Time for a real YouTube competitor... FreedomTube

Ever since the term fake news has started a correlation with censorship has increased with it. This looks like that start of an interesting battle. FreedomTube looks like a possibility in the future.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Competing search engine is a rough concept to start with.

People need to get this 'competition makes everything better' nonsense off their minds, it's what wrecks insurance.

Google is abomination that destroys any market they enter by making everything free, Verizon is an old wound, Wal-Mart needs to watch their step.

Idk what censorship you're speaking about. So how this in the OP is even related is a logical leap from this having to do with Wal-mart pulling their ads is beyond me and will need to be explained. You seemed to associate money was important, but I already tried to make it understood Google has relatively low overhead for their facilities that make the most money. They literally burp billions in revenue and 95%+ is from Google.com alone. They put this directly back into Google projects as a keep faith, pay employee's etc.

By giving their products away for free,
and putting the profits they do make back into Google
this makes their 'free' products actually very successful with Government-like scenario infinite backing.
They then put their free products into other markets and crash prices because who can compete with free?

I think you've misunderstood who has the power between Google and Wal-Mart. I know Wal-Mart has big bucks, they're mad they don't run the show though to an endless degree. Google on the other hand makes wal-mart money just by existing regardless of ads. Do you know how many products in a wal-mart store are on Google?
edit on 25-3-2017 by MacK80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I can understand not wanting your product to be associated with the far right racist BS but they should also do it with the far left BS too.

As person from the left, this far left BS is just as worse.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MacK80

No doubt Google is very powerful but when it comes to advertising that is influenced by money. When you advertise with Alphabet you are doing so on the Google search engine, GDN and Youtube etc. If big advertisers start to hold their wallets this will change the content that is seen on those Google assets. Google does have many assets besides search but usually you try to make appease your big donors. Facebook already censors shared links. Google and YouTube can alter algorithms to do the same in search rankings and on their ad platform.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mictain
I can understand not wanting your product to be associated with the far right racist BS but they should also do it with the far left BS too.

As person from the left, this far left BS is just as worse.

That's most likely because the far left are making the lists on what is and isn't racist.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Mictain

This is a bloggers outrage.

Who would be more angry than fake-news-YouTube content creators that are 'penniless' humble people?

It shouldn't be a problem if every video they make isn't a controversial rant in the first place right?

I seriously doubt Google cares about the money lost is a stance I'll maintain. Neither does Verizon or Wal-Mart.

That's the whole point.

This topic is win on every level, corporations weren't greedy, racism got hit in the wallet, and there are less ads on youtube.

No pleasing anyone.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

"Usually" doesn't apply to Google in like 20,000 ways.

Their products are FREE. I dare the market to try to corner Google when they were nearly as dominant out of a Garage.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MacK80

Their products are FREE. I dare the market to try to corner Google when they were nearly as dominant out of a Garage.

Yes but the free part is there because of the advertising dollars allow it.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Heh, I'd love to see an extremist video where a guy blows himself up followed by a Verizon ad. Can you hear me now?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: RayTheWizardLiotta

originally posted by: MacK80

Yes but the free part is there because of the advertising dollars allow it.

Yes but their core 'service' could be run on donations. So it's an inevitable circle. Extra money is no issue, it's extra.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The dangerous part for twitter and Youtube what happens after expulsion.

If a large group is banished from conventional social media space they will create their own. They will shadowban and make it difficult but these companies will not expel them.
The last thing they want is a competitor that has a legitimate draw with loyalty.
That is why The_Donald will stay on Reddit, alt-right will remain on tube, and I bet twitter will reverse their shadowbans.

The risk of a breakaway social media hub is too great, They would much rather keep us inside their bubble.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Who defines what is extremest and not, how is it defined? Looks like "fake news" applies here. Let's say advertising of and for this site being involved. It's already on the fake news list circuit.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   
i will be interested to learn how much google // y-tube ACTUALLY "looses "

just because 2 commpanies withdraw ad accounts work 10 million

that does not mean google // y-tube will loose 10 million

they will always find " someone " who will pay for publicity

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
The real problem is that the ideas of the right win out in areas where the free market of ideas is allowed.

That is why our resident leftist often complain of how Trump dominated ATS is. This place is still a free market of ideas.

In a free market of ideas modern liberalism falls flat on it's face. In order to compete they have to constantly bend the rules, change the goal posts and censor the opposition, which we've been seeing a lot of lately.

The truth is that the left has had control of the media for so long that they have become the status quo, inevitably making the right the new counter-culture attracting the youth who will always rebel against the status quo.

Generation Z is going to be red pilled as #, and it scares them.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

It's funny you bring up red pills because the conservative homeschooling programs are out of control.

Pretty soon people going to 'school' will be 'stupid' in our reverse society.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

It's already happening. Twitter is tanking and GAB is starting to take off, though it's still in beta.

This is what happens when you try to turn your platform into an echo chamber.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
So, will they take down all those propaganda channels connected to the "moderate" Syrian opposition?

No? Thought not.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

You make and excellent point and something I wish to add.

Censorship and "what could happen" has long been a staple for Conspiracy Theorist, because of the times, you couldn't realistically think of alternatives, you just simply worked with or around the status quo and establishment.

Myspace fell to FaceBook. These things happen, abiet this one was natural, however, one crucial think these corporations haven't considered is the age and time. This is the digital age in which all people have some inkling on how to use software and hardware. Children these days can easily take apart systems, offline and online. My daughter, barely turning FOUR can manipulate YouTube, Hulu and Netflix with ease. In other words, the rise of alternatives is NOT outside the realm of possibility and most likely what will happen. Only one needs to gain steam.

Lets not forget, the ghetto youtube, World Star Hip Hop, created by a high school dropout...who evidently died of some cardiovascular disease around his mid 40's, ouch.

I actually have thought up my own search engine, I call it, "The Domain". BACK OFF!! THATS MINE!1 TRADEMARKED!!
Its premise is based upon an ancient super advance race, the Precursors, who helped grow and direct the development of, The Forerunners and Humankind (1st age). Anyways, a galaxy spanning network that you can upload or log into was called the Domain and had every single bit of history and knowledge of all races. Interesting concept.
edit on 26-3-2017 by Arnie123 because: clean up

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Good, and hopefully they lose millions and millions more because they deserve to.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

I actually have thought up my own search engine, I call it, "The Domain". BACK OFF!! THATS MINE!1 TRADEMARKED!!
Its premise is based upon an ancient super advance race, the Precursors, who helped grow and direct the development of, The Forerunners and Humankind (1st age). Anyways, a galaxy spanning network that you can upload or log into was called the Domain and had every single bit of history and knowledge of all races. Interesting concept.

Political Correctness is the flood?

Are you saying we need to activate the Halo Rings and start over?!?!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join