It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to the bible.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
So I've asked quite a few people about this subject and really none can give me a specific answer, are we to believe the bible, we are all inbred if so?

I've really never gone to church with sports on Sundays when I was younger to being just busy with the life I lead, now that I'm older I ponder on the question of Adam and Eve and their sons and daughters. To believe we are mutations of inbreeding. I just don't understand religion of course but I do believe there is a higher power that introduced all living things, the universe and everything included.

www.quora.com...
My first search brought me here, can anyone explain really in simple terms to me the reason anyone would want to believe in this theory? I'm honestly interested to know why and where we come from but this just doesn't sit right with me.
bible.org...

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: lighter78

Well...

A maternal ancestor to all living humans called mitochondrial Eve likely lived about 200,000 years ago, at roughly the same time anatomically modern humans are believed to have emerged, a new review study confirms.

source

We are ALL related to one woman. Of course she was not the first woman, but it was at the same time as humans changed into what we are now.. So I'm not religious and the adam and eve story is some weird over simplification, it's also oddly not too too far off.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The secret is that the Bible is theology, not history or science.
It's about the relationship between the Creator God and the human race.
So people will get more out of the Bible if they stop trying to pick holes in the history or the science, to provide excuses for taking no notice of the teaching, and focus on the central question; what is this saying about the relationship between me and God, and what should I be doing about it?

I was taught about evolution at school and I've never had any problem with it. It's not a difficulty. Focus on the theology.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
You don't have to believe in the Bible to realize we are all "inbred." Just do the math. Assuming four generations per 100 years, which is very conservative: It may be closer to five or six historically, then by the time you get back a mere 1,000 years you have 40 generations and 2 to the 40th power is a trillion: 2^40=1,099,511,627,776. You can find various population estimates for 1000AD, but one I found says 265 million. If you go back to 10,000BC you have about 4 million people on the Earth. That's quite a lot of inbreeding. Put another way, there is no one on Earth that is further distant than your 50th cousin. That includes China and Africa because all you need is ONE GUY 1,000 years ago to wander there and propagate his genes for you to be related, in time, to the entire continent.

That's why it's kind of funny when someone comes on here and breathlessly says, "I just found out I'm related to Charlamagne!" (born 742 AD) Well, of course you are. We ALL are, one way or another.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Thank you for the quick replies, I will look a bit deeper into this but not sure I could ever get the answer I seek. I'm going to search into theology and see what I might learn. again thank you.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

LoL your post did make me smile, the math is a bit over my head but you shined some light onto my question! I believe we are all related and that's why I don't get why there is so much turmoil in the world.. Guess greed, power and shmucks is an answer..

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
First of all, Eve is a clone of Adam being "taken" from his rib. Still not sure if clones can reproduce with each other,

Also, I'm still wondering if all Adam and Eve's sons had to marry their sisters. Remember, you've got to have faith for all this to work...

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
A very short summary of Biblical theology would be;
Old Testament; Things have gone wrong in the world- why is that? We don't have a good relation with God. Something has to be done about that.
New Testament; Oh look- something has been done about it.
The whole thing gets wrapped up in a lot of jargon, but that's the basics.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

yea it was a question I had after a post made lastnight while I had a few to drink, just a question I had in the back of my head. I wanted to see what people here had to say about it

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Greetings-

You do know Adam(u) had a Wife prior to Eve? There were writings that didn't get by 'TheQuorum™' the Men who copied other writing and included them and excluded others..

"In the beginning was Adamu and Lilith, created from the same dirt...." Then Adam told Lilith "Iron My shirts and do the dishes" and Lilith balked reminding Adam they were EQUAL. TheQuorum™ didn't want Females(Yin) to have the same 'worth' as the Male(Yang). This pissed off TheQuorum™ so Lilith receives the blame for a myriad of issues from 'wet dreams' to Males cheating on their spouses; fast draws; traffic; high cost of living, etc. etc.

Lilith finally had enough and ended up w/the prophet Samael (Not Samuel Both being 'Divine' El..El..El)

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: lighter78

To believe we are mutations of inbreeding.

Yes we are, we are all inbred from the first self replicating protein which formed later on a cell in primordial times, so we are all one family: animals, insects, bacteria, fish, plants, apes, humans etc.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

To be fair, you should probably note that those are the beliefs from the Zohar, which is the non-biblical basis for the Kabbalah. There are many Abrahamic sects that claim additional writings to be authentic, yet most of those additional writings don't match up with each other. I'm not saying any are necessarily right or wrong though, since that's up the individual to decide.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: JimNasium

To be fair, you should probably note that those are the beliefs from the Zohar, which is the non-biblical basis for the Kabbalah. There are many Abrahamic sects that claim additional writings to be authentic, yet most of those additional writings don't match up with each other. I'm not saying any are necessarily right or wrong though, since that's up the individual to decide.

To be fair you should include that the Zohar does not actually mention lilith being Adam's wife. As I personally do not accept this interpretation of the Zohar.

The story of Adam and Lilith actually originated with the Babylonian Talmud and the same twisting of the old testament found in the Talmud is used to justify this interpretation of the Zohar.

But yes, many Kabbalist do follow the interpretation mentioned.
edit on 25-3-2017 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Fair enough. I knew that some Kabbalists believed it and they appeared to point to the Zohar as the source of that interpretation.

But my overall point stands in that people should at least tell where their views are coming from on this topic. Many different sects from Abrahamic religions have additional teachings and scriptures which present vastly different interpretations of our origins. Pointing out the sources like you did can help others look more accurately into these ideas. In short, it's just personal opinions unless people can give a source.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: lighter78
So I've asked quite a few people about this subject and really none can give me a specific answer, are we to believe the bible

No 'belief' is necessary for metaphor.
It means whatever we take it to mean at that moment of reading!
There are many meanings!
ALL 'meaning' exists in the thoughts of the beholder, NOT in some book!
To take the bible literally means that we are clueless and ignorant... That we will have to distort and contort to make obvious discrepancies fit (or ignore them), leading to lies and self-deceit...

The whole 'creation' thing must be metaphor, because actual 'creation' is impossible!

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Yep we're all part of each other/inbred from the originals.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

I'll have to agree here nothing I've read has told me different, even if we have a step mom we still have the same dad.... maybe this is what i don't understand most.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

you are very wise and I love that you are in this thread, I read all your posts with positive vibes.. I will have to believe what I'm going to believe but well minded people like yourself is why I brought this question here. It's really a simple question but one with many answers. thank you for your time in bringing light to my thoughts.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

the problem is that counter to your prostion there are large numbers of people who hold positions of :

biblical innerancy

absolute biblical literalism

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Good evening Lighter 78

Yes - from the creation of Adam and Eve, people intermarried often to cousins and siblings. Abram in Genesis was married to his half sister Sari. When Abraham sort a wife for Isaac he sent a servant to his relatives, who brought back his niece Rebecca to marry his son. The Lord put a stop to this after the great Exodus from Eygpt. If you read Leviticus and Deuteronomy, taboos were put in place on who you could marry. By that time the gene pool was corrupted I believe that it was no longer a viable option to intermarry within families without having reproductive issues and deformities.

At the beginning of creation, Adam and Eve were created in perfection, with sin entering the world it brought in death and corruption which is evident over time, which includes our gene pool.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join