It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic "powers" and Systems Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It's becoming more and more apparent that the head and body we possess is illusory as to the matter of separation between Humans.

Yes, the eyes, the ears, the nose, the tongue and the body open us to our environment - but we are fundamentally hardwired at an emotional level, in a matrix nicely captured by Michael Tomasello's idea "shared-intentionality". This notion - that we intend in the same ways - requires a self-other equivalence, which Tomasello also posits.

It's important to understand that self-other equivalence is not a mere analytical claim, but describes the very dynamics that work to formulate the way and manner we come to perceive and experience our selves.

Imagine, if you could, a proton or neutron saying to a quark or gluon: you don't exist!!! You are irrelevant to my nature!! This absurd personification of unsentient particles is meant to point to the fact that quark-gluon relations give rise to protons and neutrons. What this means is simple: whenever you hear the term "proton", you can also say "quark-gluon" relations.

This simple but very informative example goes to the very core of matter, and at the very core we see that protons are MORE than their quark-gluon relations (the sum is greater than its parts),but at the same time, if you were to heat up that proton past a certain point where quark-gluons can no longer interact, you would essentially destroy the proton as well.

Protons are emergent properties of quark-gluon relations. Similarly, atoms are emergent properties of proton-neutron-electron relations. Quarks give rise to two possibilities: protons and neutrons. When electrons come into the picture, greater heterogeneity emerges - bout a 100 different atoms (after nucleogenesis). With each emergent level, the sample-space for interactions increases, but at all times, whats lower constrains whats higher, even as the higher possesses a higher emergent organizational power - constituting a new ontology which never loses touches with the ontologies below it.

Why all the above talk about quarks, gluons, protons, electrons, and atoms? To simply point out EVERYTHING COORDINATES its activity WITH EVERYTHING ELSE. Such intense complexity is simplified by recognizing the finite levels which nature has passed through. However, ignoring the complexity is to literally take a step-back into a less-complex relationship with the perceived world.

Psychic Powers Aren't Magical

I - and anyone else who is educated - has a healthy contempt for mysticism and magic that simply accepts the mindless assertions they make without subjecting those assertions to critical analysis. All critical thinking appears to be gone in such minds, and so, for all intents and purposes, they are incapable of seeing things properly.

But for those of us who are wired normally by normal Human social-relations that are non-traumatizing, abusive, and so forcing massive dissociative processes to filter reality, what has been termed "psychic", is nothing more than entrainment between higher, more recursive processes in the forebrain, which in all likelihood is related to the phenomenon of mirror neurons.

All the time, I play "games" with people showing them that they can indeed guess a number in my head if they EMPTY their minds, and experience their relation to me with love, kindness, and acceptance. Some people can do it - but the vast majority of people, upon hearing that turn-of-phrase, appear to be 'triggered' into a defensive process whereby the entire claim is seen as ridiculous, unlikely, and nothing but fantasy.

It's quite amazing. Systems theory implies the coordination of elements - and mirror neurons literally model self-other relations between organisms - for instance, the same neurons (or neural assembly behavior) will occur in a monkey that is watching another monkey reach for an apple. Importantly, mirror neurons DO NOT go off when the behavior is novel i.e. when the observing agent has never done the thing being modeled by an other. In other words, the brain-mind synchronizes with others when they are "coherently related" i.e. when a coordination dynamic within one brain-mind is parallel to and complementary with another brain-mind.

Any two people can potentially synchronize their brain-dyamics such that my mental object - i.e. what is 'known' within my consciousness - can be transferred to another brain-mind, all due to resonance and coherency. But if one party is negatively related i.e. experiencing a dissonant relation to the task at hand - it is because of this dissonance - or "noise" - that the phenomena of mind-brain/mind-brain communication doesn't occur.

Notice the complementarity? Just as the quark-gluon can only exist within a particular temperature gradient to produce neutrons/protons, the higher 'mind' between Humans, naturally synchronized between two Human brain-minds, doesn't emerge, and that allows some people to delusionally maintain that psychic phenomena aren't real.

Clearly, these mirror neurons have some special powers, since even closing off the eyes/ears/body allows the communication of information from ine body to another. What medium is this moving through, but the air? Yes. Air too is structured - although it may seem invisible to our eyes.

Air displaced by coherent affective behavior in one brain-mind could immediately become synchronized with activity of another-brain mind that is the target object. In this scheme, the interacting agents and the activity within their minds become "inter-locked" as one system. But in order to avoid dualism, it may ultimately end up being the case that the atmosphere between Humans becomes "interlocked" as well - i.e. mediates the relations so that the two agents and the world between them become quantumly entangled into one complementary system. The world - like gluons in the case of quarks - "glues" two Humans together into a system.

However it works (I am suggesting ways of thinking about it: not saying what I've written is the complete picture) the mind and the brain are not two, opposed structures. Seeing things this way is ignorant, naive, and flippant towards the fact that neurons and molecules are exquisitely structuring everything about what we feel.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Im not gonna lie, I was sort of lost in your post but love the idea that it may be able to be proven non-magical. At one time we thought physics was magic/witch craft. Who is to say we know it all now.

I have some psychic feelings..usually correct and they started after having a child. I almost feel like...well I know that the world is connected and its easier to guess/know the outcome of a decision or action. Its gotten to the point that I get annoyed that others cannot see this bigger picture. I find myself saying "its so obvious, why can you see" in my head a lot.

I have been studying buddhism and reincarnation lately and I read somewhere that spirits/ghosts (whatever you want to call the deceased) can see the future. It was described as a ball being pushed into a bunch of standing dominos, but with events that have an obvious outcome.

I adore my life and don't want to die, but I feel like we are just dummies in an earth suite and once we die we will have a lot of questions answered.

edit on 25-3-2017 by veracity because: punctuation

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
There's a reason it's called quantum science.

Let the know it all's snipe, and demand proof as much as they want.
I find this phenomenon refreshing, for is it not reassuring that the the vain,
the self-aggrandizing, and destroyers of mysticism and wonder are
essentially prohibited from going there?

They may have mastered a few crude teachings, but that is where it ends.
They flaunt their limitations like a tattoo in a saloon...on ladie's night,
so proud of their boundaries. As bluster yields to frustration and finally, to low self-esteem,
well there's always
an opening at the SJW recruitment center.

It takes care of itself. Those who know....

It's a whole 'nother level.

There's a reason it's called a quantum state.

# 727
edit on 25-3-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

As a Psychic, I'm in the minority that while everyone is a Psychic, most can only developed after a certain point.

I believe in it because there are some who abused their abilities for dark purposes.
edit on 3/25/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

As with anything in being an individual person, that individuality is the problem. The mass consciousness is always there, but we have walled ourselves off from it except in rare occurrences. The connectivity is not something that we have forgotten but something that we, as individuals, won't allow to happen as it sucks the MEness right out of us.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

We need to do studies on people like you.

For instance, we could put you under an fMRI, EEG, or another imaging technology, and quantify the difference in activity/structure/wiring in your brain verse 'normal' brains.

My theory is that people who are "psychic" have more mirror neurons 'mapping' the many different self-object relations that Humans have within their minds. A 'self-object' relationship simply means you think about things. There is an 'object' (the thought) that is separate from you the observer, "the self", in self-object.

Since the brain is a fundamentally plastic process~structure, the emergent consciousness "on the inside" is potentially able to use it's free-will i.e. to direct its attention to a different object. Already, this alone smacks of a metaphysical "outside">"inside" movement. This 'observer' function is clearly somewhat like the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs, allowing Earth to become populated by the mammals: it allows the entity (Human person, or Earth) to naturally select what is good for itself.

Anywho, I can see transmission of 'psychic' abilities - which people say happens between parents-children, probably derives from an ancestor who cultivated said powers at some point in the transmission line, as nothing, actually, emerges without a causal basis in the physical process.

edit on 25-3-2017 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Couldn't it be said that a higher "me" is found?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

As far as powers go; it is best to leave those alone... as they can become an attachment just the same as anything else that leads back into the cycle of rebirth or becoming.

While there is a great temptation to use or even abuse such things; it is best to let them go and continue striving on; the same as letting everything else go, on the path to freedom.

In complete detachment; nothing is really lost... because nothing but ignorance was yours to begin with; so when ignorance falls? Everything and everyone is free of one thing... YOU. That does not mean you cease to exist; just free from any concept of "control" that one; might try to shackle with. Of course; that attachment to you?

You only exist in their concept of a you; it was not and never was an actual you... of course truth in body speech and mind leaves no deceit in the manifestation of you as form in their conceptual world... so best to not leave false impressions or pride of ego that your conceptual world is stronger than theirs that you can warp their reality because they have entered yours; thats all those powers are... mental domination; how can any fly not struggle against the web in which a spider weaves once caught? Meditation.

The desire of others to control after one is free of all ignorant attachments? Lol that certainly doesnt go away... where ever ignorance is found such is sort of a given; and well optional if one wants to be a taking; even in huge hoards, masses or droves, even one attachment among them is too many to encounter defeat... plucking a specific atom out of thin air between the fingers is an easier thing to get ahold of.

edit on 27-3-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocyte

I - and anyone else who is educated - has a healthy contempt for mysticism and magic that simply accepts the mindless assertions they make without subjecting those assertions to critical analysis. All critical thinking appears to be gone in such minds, and so, for all intents and purposes, they are incapable of seeing things properly.

Is that what you believe? People who open up to magic and mysticism are not educated ? You are showing the typical contempt that some people form the scienfic community show towards people who are interested in Magic and mysticism.

I bet you love the work of J G Frazer (Golden Bough). He considered people who believed in magic and mysticism to be "savages" and he particularly disliked the irish people '

edit on 16-4-2017 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
so in this case, is it normal to feel that you dont have a head but your are only body?

also i dont understand why anybody would need psychic powers. nobody needs to guess the number in your head. you can tell it to them of you want.
edit on 16-4-2017 by xbeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

i have had my brain map taken because i passed out once when the universe collapse happened and everything was everywhere. then they said my brain was lit in too much places that doesnt need be active that much comparing to normal people.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: crowdedskies

no, they ask you before if you are interested in magic.i said no then. it wasnt even a subject that i was thinking. I was so suprised when i heard it. i didnt even believe it truely existed.

then they say, lets take a walk..dont worry it is safe.

we walked and talked a little. they told me to say whenever i feel a thing. then they touched right inside my brain, sometimes the pressure was real high, they did some rearrangement between my stomach and mouth..might be related with breathing or eating i dont know, and they touched my toes. i felt them physically.yes. it wasnt a very easy walk.but..well.

and before the end of speech somebody stopped me on the road and asked me to show way.I described. he said, can you take me there. well. ok i said. we walked and chat. he silently listened then we came where he needs to go. and he said this is my house, want to come and chat for more? So we did. There was an incredible magnetic sense inside his house. I could barely speak. we watched the sea and we talked about this and that.Then he left me home. we were friends for some years. He didnt use cell phone. I lost track of him. But in his house, in a corner that magnetic field always remained.he was a strange person. he used to have crow as a pet
that was a free pet though and a lizard

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Holy man lived by "hollow bone" philosophy

Fools Crow repeatedly told Mails that the more humble and unselfish a person is, the more willing Wakan Tanka and his helpers of the four directions are willing to work through them. “Wakan Tanka is concerned with human needs, and not luxuries. If we want luxuries, He has given us at birth the power to work for and obtain these,” he said. People who have rid themselves of self-serving ego, like medicine and holy people, are the cleanest bones, he explained. “The cleaner the bone, the more water you can pour through it, and the faster it will run.”

FIELDS OF INTELLIGENCE AND SAVANT SYNDROME

From the few whose history is known, we find that some event of earliest childhood seems to have triggered or activated a particular neural field that then becomes sensitive to and can translate from a corresponding field or body of knowledge resonant with that event. The savant effect itself is then activated only by someone asking the individual a question related to the available body of knowledge or by the savant entering a situation that is resonant with his special ability. If his neural field is stimulated by sensory input of a similar nature from another person or situation, the savant responds reflexively. Ordinarily the savant can’t activate his capacity himself or reflect on it. Essentially his capacity happens to him, or through him.

Their sensory system picked up the frequency of the question coming from another person; their neural fields, resonant with that stimuli, responded by tuning into the resonant frequency of the corresponding nonlocal field or frequency field. As recipients of information through this resonant response, savants are probably the most bona fide channelers around.

*How could a verbal question trigger a neural field to trigger a corresponding frequency field into dynamic interaction? Sound is macrocosmic and localized, field is microcosmic and nonlocalized. Perhaps coherence is the medium of exchange.*

With few other neural structures functioning and no higher centers bringing discrimination or judgment, with no associative thinking to introduce doubt and the constraints of caution or concern over error, the field effect was wide open. Such radical openness led to the unconditioned nature of the twin’s knowledge about calenders, a kind of unconflicted neural behaviour. None of this explains where the information came from or where the fields are, only that the function exists. A field exists only as function, and the function exists only if a question is asked resonant with that field.

The question brings the field into existence as the answer. If there is no question asked of a savant or no environmental stimulus is given, however, there is no field.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Michet

i didnt understand anything too many words i dont know other than he had a crow too.or was that only his name?

what is talking stone? he liked stones too?

yes, i think i know stupid savant too. for example i just like that hear a word unknown lets say. two times one mandarin and another time one latin and i go ggogle and look them up and they have meanings! interesting but here we come to the topic again. both words' meanings was magic or to write from memory.
or i hear a sentence and i type it and google and it is from christian bible. i find some songs that way too.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
You know there is probably a reason why evolution takes a very long time( I stole that from a cheesy horror), especially if the idea of thoughts have an influence on matter. Could you imagine how chaotic it would be of everyone could thoughts, especially in such an instincal or ego constraints that we placed our selves. Or maybe it be worse without those constraints the mental an physical, and one would be part of an amalagtion.

Maybe they'd be schizophrenic because since their brains are trying to multitask but it got chopped an screw in the process. Or maybe they'd be a veggie since they are so separated from the ego or mind, and are almost void in that sense. Hence light are on nobodies home.

Also I find it odd how Buddhism doesn't seem to care at all for such...parlour tricks or children games, even though such feats are legendary for our modern world.
edit on 16-4-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
i think super system is about categorizing things...

So at the highest limit..everything is at its place..and that place is perfect..

At the lowest limit..there is an idea of perfection..but there in it resides a performance gap..which means we or they have to learn to achieve a higher maximum or maxim..and this itself is a maxim..

So the maximum output..would come from other people via psychic and normal neural somatic sensations..

top topics

join