It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legitimate claims of advanced civilization existing before 5,000BC?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DrWily

I watched a secret youtube video with 3 million views that claims the Anunaki transported Atlantis to an underground base beneath Gobekli Tepe. Somewhere buried in a hidden chamber is a pop-up book full of middle fingers.

... Kidding aside, Gobekli Tepe has captured my imagination like very few things have. in my opinion, it changed the course of archaeology.
edit on 27-3-2017 by ExVoto because: I had to punctuate

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ExVoto
... Kidding aside, Gobekli Tepe has captured my imagination like very few things have. in my opinion, it changed the course of archaeology.

I agree. The degree of artistic skill seems unmatched for the time period. It certainly looks a lot prettier than Jericho.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: Marduk

Hi Marduk, I have added the source of my comment below. The claim was made by Richard G. Fairbanks from Columbia University in his studies which can be found online.

10,000 BC. Sunda Shelf, China Sea . Cores through the coral layers taken by Hanebuth and associates showed sudden changes in sea levels in this period indicating that the ice masses had melted quite rapidly and not gradually as originally theorized. There were two major jumps in radiocarbon levels around 11,000 BC and 15,000 BC . Fairbanks insists that this was a sea-level rise of fifty feet in a few weeks. This is the same as cores taken from Barbados and Tahiti that also indicate 11,000 BC.

Source Here

Didn't realize Hebrews were the librarians of the Babylonians that would make an interesting thread

They weren't, Hebrews did not exist at that time.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
But Tiawanakus did, 18500 years ago, and my theory
is they weren't precursor Incan but a cone-head clan
tightly knit and living in the rocky plateaus of the
Andes.

Bigfoot may be a leftover simian species far less
advanced than man.

a reply to: ParasuvO

edit on 27-3-2017 by ThatHappened because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk
...it sucks to have to learn like that, I agree, but what's important is the truth and the facts of the matter.

How you engage with people matters, too. At least, it always has to me. But I'm too exhausted to keep up with that struggle anymore, as it's rarely reciprocated online.

I'm sorry if you felt insulted Acewomble, but I'm pretty sure you won't be posting "from memory" again, so the average quality of information just went up a little bit on the internet. Yayay

Not insulted. Humiliated.

This "tough love" approach doesn't help people like me. It drives us into the ground, never to rear our pathetic heads again. So, no. No, you didn't teach me anything, other than to not post anymore. This was just the straw that finally broke my fragile emotional snowflake camel's back and ensured I'll not be participating anymore.

I was sick, sleep deprived, and preparing for a family member's surgery (still am,) so I didn't fact check before I posted. As I already conceded, my bad. But you could have chosen any approach or words at your disposal to "teach me this lesson" other than the one you did. It has now become a social requirement in communities like this to essentially be perfect in one's posting content at all times, or suffer "having the piss taken out of them" as you put it.

So, not that I expect anyone to care, but I'm done oscillating continually between summoning the confidence to post, then being crushed like a bug irrevocably - with a permanent record of it over which I can exercise zero control. It's neither healthy nor beneficial for me anymore. I'm done. I'm gone. I expect this to be deleted. So be it. I need to step away from the internet in its entirety, and live life completely outside this gameified, cliquey, politicized, hyper-competitive paradigm.

Everyone may feel free to call me a snowflake or whatever else now. I can't do this anymore. I hereby surrender to the tough lovers, schadenfreude purveyors, and hard lesson givers of the internet. You win.

No anger. Blessings and peace to all and no ill will is borne, believe it or not. But I quit.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

They weren't, Hebrews did not exist at that time.

The Hebrews were famously the slaves of the Babylonians, they were Hebrews, they became Jews while enslaved

In terms of the Hebrew Bible, the term "Exile" denotes the fate of the Israelites who were taken into exile from the Kingdom of Israel during the 8th century BCE, and the Judahites from the Kingdom of Judah who were taken into exile during the 6th century BCE. While in exile, the Judahites became known as "Jews" (יְהוּדִים, or Yehudim)—"Mordecai the Jew" from the Book of Esther being the first biblical mention of the term.

The first exile was the Assyrian exile, the expulsion from the Kingdom of Israel (Samaria) by Tiglath-Pileser III of Assyria in 733 BCE, and its completion by Sargon II with the destruction of the kingdom in 722 BCE, after the end of the three-year siege that Shalmaneser V started in Samaria.

It continued with the exile of a portion of the population of the Kingdom of Judah in 597 BCE with the Babylonian exile.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatHappened
But Tiawanakus did, 18500 years ago,

Carbon dating puts Tiwanaku as built after 2000 years ago

go on, make sure when you reply that you ignore the science that you don't know about which has already destroyed your "theory"
Also, google "scientific theory", your opinion doesn't cut it

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I have no iea if there's any legit claims of even older advanced civilizations prior to Sumeria, but I wouldn't doubt if there were a handful. My pet guess is that they're most likely under the water (and thus, sediment) off any given coastline

Here's the problem with that:

In order for this setup to work, you have to have a civilization (people living in cities (not villages) with domesticated animals (food source, transportation source) and a complex society (rulers and other classes) that have a craftsman and tradesman class (enough food to sustain society.)

This civilization has to then prefer to ONLY live on and around beaches and to NOT have a trade network that connected to any other culture for any reason (even to trade for food)... trading only within their sister cities of the same civilization. And those cities can't trade with anyone else, either.

This civilization can't farm inland at all (it would leave traces and artifacts.) It can't even travel inland.

The civilization can't acquire ores or other material from anywhere beyond the lowest areas (because this leaves traces.)

Now... think about it. A city doesn't happen because someone grabs a hundred or more nomadic tribelets, marches them over to a spot and says "we'll build here and you can't ever go more than half a day's walk inland and by the way you gotta start farming and domesticate those animals right now and you and your descendants can't ever speak to or trade with your trading partners on the plains and on the river."

How can they sustain their society while living only on the beach and ignoring the resources of the vast landscape behind them? How can they get material for developing technology?

Resource isolated cultures (like island cultures) don't develop into huge civilizations without contact with other groups.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

But I did read something about a insanely long (22,000ft deep) ancient mine shaft found by De Beers and promptly covered up.

Have you a link for that

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Mr. Marduk, if one accounts for the solstices in relationship to
the alignment of the main structure, it must be around 20k
years old. The stars reveal the possible truth but it is
uncomfortable for mainstream scientists to wrap their
brains around it and accept.

The pyramid might have the same alignment but I don't know
but the Solar gate does.

a reply to: Marduk

edit on 27-3-2017 by ThatHappened because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatHappened
But Tiawanakus did, 18500 years ago, and my theory
is they weren't precursor Incan but a cone-head clan
tightly knit and living in the rocky plateaus of the
Andes.

Tiwanaku? 18,500 years ago? That would predate most established migration theories for North or South America. My sources say people lived in the area 3,500 years ago... But most of that stuff was built between 850 and 1,700 years ago.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

But I did read something about a insanely long (22,000ft deep) ancient mine shaft found by De Beers and promptly covered up.

Have you a link for that

Bah, it's almost certainly false. It's from a story that Michael Tellinger allegedly heard from a former employee of De Beers. But it is compelling because South Africa does produce something like 40% of the world's gold. It would be interesting to find out some bronze or even iron age civ got lucky and built some mines that were forgotten.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrWily

Have you a link for that

Bah, it's almost certainly false. It's from a story that Michael Tellinger allegedly heard from a former employee of De Beers. But it is compelling because South Africa does produce something like 40% of the world's gold. It would be interesting to find out some bronze or even iron age civ got lucky and built some mines that were forgotten.

Some strange tales seem to surface from mines like walls a mile down , so you never know

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Yes its clear to see that by the early bronze age a well established worldwide network had been established.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrWily

Have you a link for that

Southwest US. When the Spanish go there old very ancient mines were reworked. Copper mostly. The Spanish took an un real amount of tonnage from these old mine.

Not to mention what are really starting to look like old mining symbols.....Egypt ect BC period on the rocks around these areas.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Have you a link for that

I read about gold hidden and staged found along the West African coast. Never picked up for one reason or another.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

A mine shaft over four miles deep? I think someone's pulling your leg, there.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: schuyler

This planet has been here for an estimated 4.5 billion years, will be according to some estimates, habitable for about 2 billion more years.

The current modern humans have been here around 200,000 years.

If humans went extinct tomorrow, how long would it take for natural processes to erase virtually all traces of our modern civilization?

go to the desert cities in california and u will see how a major city is vanished in less then 80 years.

Our stuff won't be around for more than a couple thousand years before everything is fallen apart and returned into nature with little to no fragments.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I do believe they were advanced civilizations before us .. maybe not in the form as we have it today with micro chips, cars, etc.. but still technology that either exceeds our capabilities or at minimum matches them.

I do however believe that these must be very regional otherwise we would still see the impact today.

I think a lot of that knowledge was lost, especially because of the fire(s) in the library of Alexandria. Who know what information was already available and called witchcraft during those times.

I bet the Vatican has #load of stuff in their basements that may contain hints to our true past.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: flyandi

careful
your beliefs will get you raked over the coals
in a conspiracy forum....

you cant share anything that's not 100 percent correct
and peer reviewed

don't come here to share your opinions
only cold hard facts will be tolerated
or you will be ridiculed and insulted

a proud moment in any ATS thread
when anyone sharing woo woo ideas
is cut down and ridiculed as the moron they are
what an incentive for more members to join eh ?

God bless ATS right ?

edit on 28-3-2017 by kibric because: boo

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join