It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Aliens are a part of the fabric of the Universe?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Witting or unwitting agents of God, imho.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

All good points to think about. Thanks for the response.

When I talk about the ant analogy and us as the ants I don't mean we're lower on some type of evolutionary scale, just that our perception is different. We see things from different levels.

If they are here, do you think they have access to and can read and understand what's posted here on ATS?

That would be funny.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I wasn't really thinking of God when I was talking about the metaphor of a giant being walking by, more just something that is. Not necessarily something that creates us or anything else. I feel when you just attribute it back to "god did it" it stops you from really thinking about it.

Not that I don't believe in some type of God, I just think a lot of manifestations may be products of us. I think we might be looking at who "we" are through too narrow a scope.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Unless we are actually situated at the right hand of the Godhead in some sort of corresponding spiritual reality, then the scope is shifted that's capable of including aliens without having to try to make them Gods or our creators. Puts us all in the same boat, which could have interesting and even comical predicaments in the context of a purpose of some kind or an arrow of Civilized leadership, since there are always decisions to be made and there's always an attachment to an outcome of some kind.

God as Spirit of the Universe and as Absolute and Creator is a reframe that might impinge on everyone's blindspot, from here to kingdom come.

I'm thinking here of a principal-centered contextual frame of reference that equalizes the playing field even if we can't see the field itself or know what is going on in it or how the larger game is played.

Are there laws or rules that bind or constrain the powers of such higher powers?

What causes do they honor or serve? Can they access and make decisions according to some higher will or law?

Might they, in spite of their scientific and technological prowess, have made some serious mistakes and blunders somewhere along the way?

Maybe they are more human than they might care or admit.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

...but at the same time I believe some sightings and experiences may have a different source.

You mean the devil did it?

I've seen spirits on occasion, too. They're just people without bodies anymore.

(imo)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Very interesting theory, I've often thought that each person views everything differently and what we see in front of us is just what our mind allows us to see, then for example when a person takes a drug such as lsd and your perceptions change is it that the drug has changed your perception or has it shown you what is really in front of you.

I extremely like this idea, in my heart of hearts I can feel there is more to what we call life I just don't know where to look to find it but I believe there is information we aren't being told for what ever reason, I get annoyed how we all take this blue marble for granted and how we as a race have created a working life where we don't appreciate the real things in life.

The truth is out there it's just finding it

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

...but at the same time I believe some sightings and experiences may have a different source.

You mean the devil did it?

I've seen spirits on occasion, too. They're just people without bodies anymore.

(imo)

No, I mean we did it.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Sorry you lost me. We did what?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Sorry you lost me. We did what?

Created the experience.

I'm leaning toward the consciousness explanation for some paranormal and UFO encounters. My thinking is that we are viewing ourselves and the influence we have over our experiences and our environment too narrowly.

I've seen physical triangle craft up close on two occasions, one was a giant gray triangle that slowly flew over me and a friend of mine, and one was a smaller drone sized black triangle that flew overhead as I was walking home from work one night in downtown San Francisco.

Both of those were physical nuts and bolts craft from what I could tell. So I believe the consciousness explanation is only part of the answer. I'm not completely discounting the physical aspect just yet, as a lot of others have done.

I've also seen the orange fireball UFOs probably close to a hundred times up to this point, and those are the kind of UFO I'm talking about when I'm digging into the consciousness explanation.

A couple of days ago I was talking to a friend of mine I grew up with, who I've shared a number of sightings with. He said something when I brought up the subject of some of our crazy experiences that made me think. He said, (I'm paraphrasing from memory) "You know, every time I've seen something crazy there is one common denominator, you. You've been there every time I've seen something I couldn't explain."

I've talked to a few more friends I grew up with since then and for some reason every UFO sighting they've had I've been there as well.

Now I have no idea what that means yet, if anything. It just seems like another piece of the puzzle.
edit on 26-3-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

How about they reveal themselves to select people, others being incidental to the occasion? I've only seen one actual 'thingy' with others, I had the distinct impression we just happened to witness it , it wasn't there 'for us' , my best impression being that it was 'monitoring' our civilization.

Close parallel might be the many 'flybys' of planets in the solar system our own probes have done. Say if you lived on one of those planets or moons and you just happened to be outside and looking up at just the right time...

Wished I had as many experiences as you claim... my own impression is these are rare events. As rare as an earth probe fly by of saturn or jupiter, for instance.
edit on 26-3-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join