It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man in leopard print robe and crocs robs McDonald's with comb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

A Texas man managed to rob a McDonald’s Thursday armed only with a comb.

According to KDFM-TV, 29-year-old Gevondis Demond Joseph entered a McDonald’s restaurant in Groves, Texas on Thursday morning wearing a piece of clothing over his face, a leopard print robe, orange gloves and orange crocs.

Police officers were called to the scene, and were told that Joseph was armed with a gun. The officers caught up with Joseph at a nearby Cricket Wireless store and took him into custody.

During the arrest, officers found that Joseph did not have a gun on him. Instead, he reportedly used a comb in his pocket to pretend he was armed.

Joseph was charged with first-degree aggravated robbery.

www.thedenverchannel.com...

What a day eh?

Sadly there is no mugshot....

yet.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

All my role models are going away.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This is what we have come to.
Our modern day Al Capone.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

To be fair, Dillinger escaped prison after convincing a room full of people that his handcarved wooden gun was real.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Sounds like a plot from a bad Adam Sandler movie.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
My first thoughts are mental health issues.
bizarre disguise, stayed in the area, doesn't sound like a particularly sane robber to me.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Haha that's great! Sounds like a fun dude.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

More like comic book heroes come to life. The 25 cent rags we used to read and discard have become the mainstay .

Ether that or its a sad reflection on how hungry people are becoming for a few dollars.

How much cash does Mikey Ds keep in the till, anyway?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I mean thats awesome...reminds me of Hollywood Shuffle, or some long gone 70s genre pimps n hos type thing...love it from a comical perspective

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Back in the day...(80s) drawer dumps were anywhere from 250- 500, into the floor safe...given all the debit/credit payment nowadays...i cant imagine retail burglary pays well anywhere..couple hundred bucks tops?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

If that. Back in the day, I worked a chevron, we had a till outside at the pumps. A cash drawer, if I got lazy, could have 500... just sitting there.

Your'e right times have changed. Who is gonna risk a robbery beef for baby sitting money? And that is what I meant by todays desperation poor.

top topics

join