It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sword-carrying Joker arrested in Virginia, police say

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I heard the leopard in crocs is his cell mate.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Those are the questions i want answered myself! What about Hockey Goalies? Or if youve ever seen an episode of cops where the put a 'spit hood' on someone, would that be entrapment?

Im gonna have to check out the state statutes. Regardless, making a charge like that a felony is outrageous.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I think the felony charges (meaning the law itself) are a result of the "killer clown epidemic" we had here in the states a few months back.
Once again, the dumbasses ruin it for everyone.
edit on 25/3/2017 by Brian4real because: Grammer

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

People get 'profiled' here for their skin color, time of day, type of vehicle, how many in the car. Loitering, trespassing, pan handling, sleeping in a vehicle in the city limit, walking while black, driving while black, camping, being homeless, sleeping in the park on a bench, vending without a permit, a resale number, a license. No ID, no money (vagrancy is a crime), no clothes, drunk in public, open container, having any kind of firearm or weapon in hand in public. Fireworks, no registration, no insurance, no drivers license, no license plate, bald tires, smoke coming from vehicle, radio playing to loud (happened to me ).

Im gonna stop now, this is a state of insanity.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

Many laws are strange, here in the UK it's illegal to sell alcohol to an intoxicated person.
That silly law is ignored by the millions every weekend.
I'm still surprised that masks are illegal in public in Virginia, thought you guys were the land of the free.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

In the northern part of the state they do.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Different worlds we live in. Speaking only from my experiences in SW England, police are so under resourced here they are really chilled.
Your bald tyre thing if you keep friendly will get you 7 days to sort it without penalty.

I'll go all public and say I love Devon and Cornwall constabulary, I've even helped lone struggling officers out before now as they only have crap extendable batons generally.
Maybe one in ten a taser, they are more scared of public than we are of them so they are friendly and the public support them back.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Many laws are strange, here in the UK it's illegal to sell alcohol to an intoxicated person.
That silly law is ignored by the millions every weekend.
I'm still surprised that masks are illegal in public in Virginia, thought you guys were the land of the free.

That's the thing though, the dude wasn't wearing a mask! He was wearing makeup!

Thus my first comment on this thread!

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

There, true policing. Here we used to call them peace officers. Seals on their vehicles used to read, "to serve and protect" (meaning the public). Now they say "Public Safety" or "to patrol and protect", meaning the system.

I'm going to quit now before the 'Murica law and order crowd descend on my opinion.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Ooh I'd have to see the wording of the law as it's a tricky one.
We call those thick exfoliating creams a face mask here in Britain.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

See here's the thing, you could say a motorbike crash helmet is a mask as it covers the face, does that make it illegal to get off your bike without removing your helmet first ?

What happens if it's snowing and you happen to have a balaclava and ski goggles, does that get you arrested too ?

Does wearing sunglasses count as wearing a mask as they cover the face more than face paint does ?

None of it really makes much sense as it being illegal to wear a mask is just beyond stupid

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a felony to wear a mask in public in Virginia??

well I guess that explains why Virginia doesn`t have a professional ice hockey team, their goalies keep getting arrested.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I agree with you. From a few articles I read after I read this thread, the law was made just to put people at ease on this 'killer clown' garbage. The law states no one may intentionally conceal their identity by means of mask or face paint with the intent of causing "mischief" or commiting any disorderly deeds. Its just an open-ender law that they can enforce when they want. The law was originally made as an enhancer law to prevent armed robberies, but was recently changed to quell the 'killer clown' fad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join