It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lets share some new music/musicians....'alldaylong'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
toshiko akiyoshi

jazz pianist. big band leader. active for decades. here she is in 58...huge discography if you want to look into her

super chikan

old school blues man. plays a lot of cigar box guitars..thats his thing. guitars made out of shotguns....plays a lot of slide

henry cowell

composer. music theorist. this man was so far beyond what people were even thinking about. studied polytonalities and atonalities....played what he called 'string piano'. he would play the piano pizacatto by plying on the strings directly.

and for the hell of it shawn lane tearing it up on piano

edit on 25-3-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
stompin tom conners

often called the canadian johnny cash. one of his more famous

and for awesomeness here is les claypool and his duo de twang covering it......

clara rockmore....theramin virtuoso....i think she is amazing

captain beefheart...avante guarde musician. i seriously think you should check out their debut album called trout mask replica. franka zappa produced it. beefheart was a character....ry cooder was in the band for a while. think framk zappa and the mothers but not as musically accomplished....still awesome

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
And this....

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
i have posted this a couple times but in case you missed it. i think it is that good to post again.

conlan nancarrow.

en.wikipedia.org...

Nancarrow undertook to create music which would superimpose tempi in cogent pieces and, by his twenty-first composition for player piano, he had begun "sliding" (increasing and decreasing) tempi within strata. (See William Duckworth, Talking Music.)

Nancarrow later said he had been interested in exploring electronic resources but that the piano rolls ultimately gave him more temporal control over his music.[5] Temporarily buoyed by an inheritance, Nancarrow traveled to New York City in 1947 and bought a custom-built manual punching machine to enable him to punch the piano rolls.

The machine was an adaptation of one used in the commercial production of rolls, and using it was very hard work and very slow. He also adapted the player pianos, increasing their dynamic range by tinkering with their mechanism and covering the hammers with leather (in one player piano) and metal (in the other) so as to produce a more percussive sound

he studies for player piano are beautiful. he devoted a lifetime to this...not an easy task

While most canons using this device, such as those by Johann Sebastian Bach, have the tempos of the various parts in quite simple ratios, such as 2:1, Nancarrow's canons are in far more complicated ratios. The Study No. 40, for example, has its parts in the ratio e:pi, while the Study No. 37 has twelve individual melodic lines, each one moving at a different tempo.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

How about some British steel?

This act from the sundered guts of Berkshire, England, have been violating eardrums since 2000 when they formed, a habit they have only delved further into as part of Nuclear Blast's stable of perfomers, since signing with the label in 2007, releasing their debut album in 08.

The lead guitarist is currently assisting the band Architects with his abilities, since unfortunately the guitarist of that band died after a long battle with cancer. So, in much the same way as Exodus guitar monster Gary Holt has been helping out Slayer on guitar duties, so the guitarist from Sylosis has been looking after the guitar work for Architects. That kind of solidarity, in my opinion, is what sets metal music and the people who play it, apart from virtually all other genre performers.

This means that since the latter part of last year, Sylosis have been on a hiatus of sorts, although they assure their fans they will be back in the future, with yet more mind crushing brutality.

I very much look forward to that.

Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I wonder who this guy is.....

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Hope you feeling fine and dandy:

Donald Fagen (formerly of Steely Dan)

"The Nightfly": (whole album)

Ry Cooder:

"Jesus On The Mainline"

Call Him up and tell Him what you want! Yeah!

edit on 25-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Double Post.

edit on 25-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

One of my favorite artists, Blind Willie Johnson. He was blinded when his Step-mother threw lye in his face at age 7, was homeless for years, got arrested in New Orleans when his music started a riot, played slide guitar with a knife, and died from malaria sleeping in the burned down ruins of his house.

This song he has almost a rock sound to his vocals, which back in the 1920's there weren't a lot of blues singers who'd almost scream their songs at you.

This is one of the most haunting songs I've ever heard. It's also speeding through the universe on the Voyager golden record, and was included by Carl Sagan as an example of loneliness.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Hi everybody, underwerks-- love Blind Willie Johnson! I agree that Dark Was The Night is just superb.. blues as it's meant to be!

Here's one I'd like to share:

Have a great day everyone.. thanks for the great music.. Olaru, you're really good!

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Goat.
Nice Modern Pyche sound with Pan flutes?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
LUMARIANS modern pyche.
ohh the bass on the first song.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
QUEST FOR FIRE Contemporary Psyche

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join