It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Earth view from ISS Cupola Impossible 100 percent Fake

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
So, what seems logical thus far;

Nothing to do with Fisheye lens', or distorted glass (neither of these explanations makes any logical sense).

What does make sense though, is several different photographs taken from different angles, stitched together. It'd explain why the localised area, and being able to see "space around" the photo.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: WaxingGibbons

I will refer you to Mack80, and leave it at that.

You might want to learn about basic comprehension before you start quoting people on matters you do not understand.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: WaxingGibbons
a reply to: DrWily

I read the article, this is why I know he didn't discuss or explain the issue with these pics. Give it up.
You may have looked at the article... You may have even read the article... But you obviously didn't comprehend what was being said. Give up? How old are you, 14? I bet you are the first person out in dodge ball.

www.nasa.gov...

That image was taken June 12, 2013 and subsequently posted directly on www.nasa.gov

If that image was fake... Do you really think it would have made it almost 4 years before someone like you, genius that you are, came out to tell the world about it?

Also, care to explain how optics and distortion are irreverent? Hopefully something a little better than "give up".

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

So according to you, NASA is wrong about their claim that it is not possible to view the entire Earth from lower Earth orbit?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

I really need to know what happened to that dollar? Lol

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Lol, they have been faking stuff since the 60's and gullible people still believe that nonsense today so.....

Again, explain why the pics show a portion of the Earth like a sphere with space around it......

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

the windows that are on the sides of the round one in the center are following your red lines

(post by TruthsSword removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
So can I get one of the big guys to show his face and debunk this? I am dissapointed that there are only mere foot soldiers.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Lol, they have been faking stuff since the 60's and gullible people still believe that nonsense today so.....

Again, explain why the pics show a portion of the Earth like a sphere with space around it......

Okay, I seriously give up. It's like talking to someone with extreme ADHD. Your style of argument roughly boils down to: "You don't agree with me? Well.. You're fat!"

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Again, the diagram does not show the view from the cupola, it show the amount of Earth that would visible from 450 km, not from any window.

It shows the line of sight to both horizons. You can't look past the horizon, so you can't see the entire Earth.

This has been explained multiple times now and at this point it is not even relevant.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

No, you simply have no explanation, bye.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: tayton

I really need to know what happened to that dollar? Lol

It's play on words at the end. 9x 3 does equal 27, but this is already accounting for the 2 the clerk kept and the 3 returned. Had the clerk not kept 2, it would be 25, so 27+2 makes you assume you're trying to get to 30. Figuring out the $30 is easy. They each have 1$, the Clerk has $2, and there is $25 in the drawer.
edit on 25-3-2017 by MacK80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: chrismir

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I am not a flat earther or saying anyone is
But this is a great thread, what I come to ats for
Thanks for bringing it to our attention

I cant see the fish eye thing being relevant how do you do that through a lens and not see more of the cockpit
And if it's just the fish eye window, why are they all in sync, they should all be different, showing different views?
What am I missing

The camera is placed exactly centered, deep into the cockpit. In all directions the distortions are equal.

That's just silly, if they are all fish eyed Windows they would al have different images
Maybe I am confusing you with what I am meaning.
The windows are not fish eyed glass, that's impossible, even in the other images we can see they are not fish eyed, so it must be the camera, if it's the camera then why can't we see more cockpit

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Actually it is the whole of the earth that is visible from the ISS . Not really sure about your point here .
edit on 25-3-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

No, you simply have no explanation, bye.

I and multiple others have tried to explain it. You just don't want to listen. You simply keep repeating the same invalidated argument over and over, hoping it will stick. Well it's not, because it's complete BS. When someone has a valid answer, you say it's irrelevant without presenting a coherent counter argument. That doesn't make you right, it makes you close minded and ignorant. You might "feel" like you are winning, but your arguments have no basis in reality. It's like you keep looking for someone to give an explanation that backs you up... But you are going to be waiting a long time, because your claim is bunk. You are the fake, not the pictures.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Simple question, if it's a camera lens, why is the cockpit not more prevelant, if it's fish eyed Windows, why are they all showing the same image, not multiple fish eyed images for each individual fish eyed window

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

What focal length are you suggesting cant capture the entire earth . You do know about focal lengths right .

What focal length is NASA suggesting can't capture.

Fixed.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Sigh, It is not possible to view the entire Earth from 450 km period. Regardless of lenses, fantasy or magic. You are simply not high enough to look past the horizon, so you simply cannot see the entire Earth.

What part of the drawing is too difficult for people to grasp. How many times do I have to qoute NASA saying the exact same thing?
edit on 25-3-2017 by WaxingGibbons because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Actually it is the whole of the earth that is visible from the ISS . Not really sure about your point here .

Images of the earth may seem commonplace, but there are actually very few pictures of the entire planet. The problem, Simmon said, is all the NASA earth-observing satellites are in low-earth or geostationary orbit, meaning none of them are far enough away to see a full hemisphere. The most familiar pictures of the entire Earth are from the 1960s and 1970s Apollo missions to the moon.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join