It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full Earth view from ISS Cupola Impossible 100 percent Fake

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismir

Complete BS, there is no fish eye lense, it clearly is about 2m back from the window.

At this point it isn't even relevant. Explain why a portion of the Earth looks like a sphere with space around it.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Excuse my ignorance;. But if it was from a Fisheye lens, would it not also affect the window-frame, and the solar panel thingy?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthsSword

Good luck even getting OP to stop for two seconds to consider the lenses everyone is saying is causing the distortion is the Windows themselves, not the camera.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DrWily

Not one of his pics shows a complete sphere with space around it from the cupola, so how is this relevant?

Okay... I'm trying really hard not to get frustrated with you, but you are pushing the limits

So what? Stomp your feet really hard.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

To be precise, the lens is effecting the manner in which the light bouncing off the objects you mention, enters the recording device used to make the image.

It would not effect the objects themselves of course, because that is not something that a mere optical device is capable of.

link   
a reply to: WaxingGibbons

Dismissing it as irrelevant while it exactly explains your question smells trollish. Please read the stackexchange link posted DrWily, can't explain it better.

link   
a reply to: MacK80

My argument has nothing to do with lenses or distortion. If these pics show the entire Earth, they are fake because you simply can't view the entire Earth from lower Earth orbit, this is supported by NASA themselves.

If the pics show a portion of Earth, then why does it appear like a sphere with space around it?

This is what you need to explain.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismir

It is not relevant because it is not about the pics I posted, he doesn't touch the issue here.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthsSword
Excuse my ignorance;. But if it was from a Fisheye lens, would it not also affect the window-frame, and the solar panel thingy?

Yeah, obviously.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

To be precise, the lens is effecting the manner in which the light bouncing off the objects you mention, enters the recording device used to make the image.

It would not effect the objects themselves of course, because that is not something that a mere optical device is capable of.

Ahaha, sure, so it affects the Earth but not all the other objects that are in the frame.........

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: WaxingGibbons

Not one of his pics shows a complete sphere with space around it from the cupola, so how is this relevant?

I guess ignorance is bliss. I've explained how it's possible. I, and other people in the thread, have presented proof that you have completely ignored. But you would rather live in a world where you are right and people who don't agree with you are wrong. That's fine. But this is no longer a scientific discussion... More like a bad joke.
edit on 25-3-2017 by DrWily because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Ill just dissect your bull# a little at a time.

My argument has nothing to do with lenses or distortion. If these pics show the entire Earth, they are fake because you simply can't view the entire Earth from lower Earth orbit, this is supported by NASA themselves.

And is this from one angle? Because these windows are nearly 180*. How about you just link it instead of crying what NASA said, the odds of your misinterpretation the context are far greater. Especially how what they said relates to imminent and future technology and generally what they meant. NASA says a lot of things. Source it.

If the pics show a portion of Earth, then why does it appear like a sphere with space around it?

This is what you need to explain.

You are viewing it from SEVEN ANGLES SIMULTANEOUSLY. Do me a favor, go outside and spin in a circle, and then imagine everything you just saw was a converged image. This is significantly different than viewing a massive object from a single point. The Geminai 11 missions went nearly TWICE AS HIGH and were not able to composite such images BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T USE SPECIAL LENSES. For you to say Lenses don't matter, just shows an ignorant and arrogant understanding of optics like said before.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
this is a classical example of a question in a supervisor training handbook, Follow along:

3 guys go to a hotel for a night

The desk clerk says for one room it will be 30$

they each pay 10$ and go to the room

the Clerk discovers that it's only 25$ and grabs 5 one dollar bills

on the way to the room, he realizes that 5 cannot be equally divided by 3 and puts 2 dollars in his pocket

He give each person one dollar so instead of paying 10 dollars, each pays 9

So, 9X3=27+the 2 dollars in the clerks pocket equal 29, where did the missing dollar go?

(in other words, your math is off)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Show were he discusses a pic from the cupola showing a perfect sphere with space around it. If you can't then how does it apply?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Being simple minded, i like simple answers. Get these two images in mind. Lake Malawi from the ISS and Lake Malawi from Google Earth, eye height 400 miles. The same, no? except for distortion... now look at the nice geometric diagram, the red lines indicating what you could actually see of the earth at the ISS height. Yes indeed! raise your hypothetical view above the earth..there is the blackness of space, but most of the earth is hidden from your view, because its round. you see only a pancake of the earth surface, with a diameter maybe 2000km. someone who wishes to crank up their HS geometry should calculate the diameter of the tangent of the red line, dont forget the distance between the contact points will be a straight line, and the curvature distance slightly longer.

link   

Why would they fake pictures? To what end?
edit on 3252017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: thedigirati

Then NASA's math is off too. At this point it is not even relevant. I have posted over and over again what you people need to explain to debunk this.

Why does it show a portion of the Earth like a sphere with space around it?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Have you ever looked through a peep hole in a hotel door ?

It's the same.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

No you don't, I already destroyed that claim,

You clearly see the solar panel on the outside, so no the blackness cannot be the interior or part of the window frame.......

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Ummm...actually...if you take into account the angle of the windows surrounding the center window...take photo's from each of those windows facing squarely out each one...and...the square to the center window photo...then combine them into a composite image...you will get the effect that is presented in these photo's...

I agree with your assessment...these are composite photographs...that show a portion of the earth with space around the whole circumference with sections of a Russian supply ship...other exterior equipment...and sections of solar paneling...within the context of the space that's visible around the circumference...

Therefore these are composite false images...

Thank you for bringing this enigma to the board...I think I solved the puzzle...but I've been wrong before...once...

(shouldn't that be spelled wunce...?)

YouSir

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join