It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The PC Diaries: Episode Umteen; Georgy Porgy "Best Friends"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Prince George to attend private day school where best friends are 'banned'

Prince George is to join a new private day school where the first rule is to “be kind” and children are discouraged from picking a best friend in case of hurt feelings.

David and Jonathon could be best friends, but poor little George must be brought up a PC Baby!

This is messing with nature in extremes. It is nature's way for us to make best friends. Do they know what they are tampering with and the utter psychological misery and damage they are inflicting on their children?

Sorry, but to me this is plain and simple CHILD ABUSE.

If they did that to my child I would be having them up for psychological abuse and would not let my kid go near an educational institution like that.

I used to feel sad that I never had kids, but these days I thank God for it because I would not want my genes carrying on in an insane and very cruel world like this.

Each to their own, but to me this looks real bad. I am thinking of the kid, royal or not.

So I had love for you WHEN I WAS 4
And there's no one I wanna smoke with more
Someday I'll buy the Rizla, so you get the dro
Cause we are best friends right, right, right, right?
Because we are best friends right?
Because we are best friends right?

Yep, Georgy gonna be denied this.

At the most crucial "mind phase" of childhood these children are being taught that to have a best friend will hurt everyone else's feelings so they must not do it. It is a naughty thing.

I must ask myself who is going to be the more impoverished in the future: Who will be the Prince and who will be the Pauper? It depends on the measure you use I guess. I know what measure I use.

edit on 25-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Best friend. Favorite song. Doesn't really mean much.
But guess what. People still have both. And will continue to do so.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Best friend. Favorite song. Doesn't really mean much.
But guess what. People still have both. And will continue to do so.

Those silly "things" contribute to the growth of a self-identity, a connection to the other. Eliminate those bond, and childhood teddy bears and who knows what kind of individuals those people will become once full-fledged.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It means EVERYTHING to me to have a best friend.

I am a musician. I make music all the time. I write songs all the time. I LIVE music so I express myself, my thoughts and ideas through music often.

To me, your telescope is not inane. I respect you for it; something you deny me and my art.

Yes, for the mean time we can have best friends and understand the concept. It starts out at the top and trickles down here in the UK. What is happening to Prince G now will be happening to all the other kiddies down the line, be sure of that.

As it stands George is being psychologically instilled with the concept of choosing best friends being a selfish thing and he is NOT ALLOWED to do it at school. How does that translate when added to all the other NOT ALLOWED things they have forced upon children? The poor little mites will end up like machines with no sense of loyalty.

Even Christ had a best friend: The Disciple who Jesus loved!

I'm looking out, Phage, like you look out to the stars I am looking out socially.

I now feel so lucky that I had my childhood compared to this insidious indoctrination.

Amy's "Best Friend" is a beautiful song. It suits what I have written perfectly. If you listen then you will know it adds to the argument of my thread. Amy's talent is subtle. It is not like the rest. It is taking me years to understand her music properly. She was indeed a very clever young Lady and knew what she wanted to tell the world. I may not like PC, but I sure respect Women's Art and Music. Women DO have much to teach men as men do women.

The song demonstrates the trials and tribulations of "best friends" friendships. I would not give up such relationship dynamics for the world. I count Amy as a best friend for life. She is my best SPIRIT FRIEND and like Vera Lynn says in her war song, "We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when, but I know we'll meet again some Sunny Day", that we'll do; it's a PROMISE.

edit on 25-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I disagree with this practice.

It's human. You do indeed like some people more than others. Some you don't like at all. Part of school is learning to come to terms with this reality both as someone who is liked by others and as someone who is disliked. Even as someone who may just not be liked by another as well as someone else is.

We can't socially engineer everyone to like everyone else equally. The best we can do is to teach everyone to simply get along regardless of how we feel, but our feelings do need to be expressed, not suppressed through restricting the language.

I remember when it was bad to suppress emotions.

new topics

top topics

join