It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seymore Hersh: We've Been Taken Over by a Cult

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
"We've been taken over by a cult."

Link to mp3 and transcripts of Hersh's comments on 1/26/05.

Highlights:

one of the things that you could say is, the amazing thing is we are been taken over basically by a cult, eight or nine neo-conservatives have somehow grabbed the government.

Every four-star General I know is saying, “Who is going to tell them we have no clothes?” Nobody is going to do it. Everybody is afraid to tell Rumsfeld anything. That's just the way it is. It's a system built on fear. It's not lack of integrity, it's more profound than that. Because there is individual integrity. It's a system that's completely been taken over -- by cultists.

Hersh has referred to his inside connections in his previous articles. I wonder if he really does have a good understanding of the state of the military. "Every four-star general I know" is a very bold statement. Is there data to verify Hersh's connections to ranking military folks?

Wouldn't these generals discuss a miltary coup if they really agreed with what Hersh is saying, namely that America has been hijacked? How may generals does he know?

Seeing how we stomped on the Koresh Waco "cult", is he forcing an issue with this inflammatory language, calling the Bush cabinet a 'cult'?

Do you agree with that label?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Sy Hersh is an idiot. He's just trying to relive old memories of bringing down Nixon, just like Dan Rather was. It'll probably end up biting him on the a** is the same way.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Funny thing, i actually theorized a while back that Bush might be into Uranita. I noticed a bit of a connection between what is happening under him and some of what Byron Belitsos has written about.

I don't put a lot of stock in the idea that any number of generals really believe that America has been "taken over". The generals of today were the junior officers of Vietnam. They came up swearing they'd never let that happen again. If they were that much against this they'd be resigning, demonstrating, etc. I'm not sure about a coup. The military as I have observed does have a "we know better than civilians" sort of attitude, especially among NCOs, but I don't know if company grade officers especially would play ball in a coup.

Anyway, even though there are disconcerting things about this administration, I don't think we're at the point of "cult takeover" or "generals thinking about a coup".

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Sy Hersh is an idiot. He's just trying to relive old memories of bringing down Nixon, just like Dan Rather was. It'll probably end up biting him on the a** is the same way.
You know, i like you, but your mission on every thread is to bash the source of any story people post.

I guess Fox is the only reliable news source, right?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
You know, i like you, but your mission on every thread is to bash the source of any story people post.

I guess Fox is the only reliable news source, right?

This is basically an Op/Ed by Sy Hersh not a hard news item dg. You can agree or disagree it with. Smallpeeps asked for an opinion on what he said and I gave it.

EDIT:

There's also a good possibility that the Bush administration is using Hersh to leak information to scare the Iranian mullahs.

[edit on 2/1/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Hersh is definately pushing his anti-admin message hard. I mean, he's placing the crosshairs securely on his forehead. It's interesting how often he refers to his connections on the inside of the CIA and the military, but I wonder if he really is connected to any valuable circles of info?

I suppose if we invade Iran, his opinions will take on more weight as he was the one who ran with that story also.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
If you watch the BBC documentary "The Power of Nightmares"
it said basically the same thing about the Neo-Conservatives.
It all started with Rumsfeld, Cheney and co. trying to destroy Kissinger's vision of a future without conflict. Rumsfeld convinced Kissinger of the Communist threat by lying about the motives of the USSR and thus continuing the cold war (1976).
The Neo-Conservatives aim was to unite ppl (they felt the US had became dis-united by too much liberalism (read freedom) in society) by creating the myth of the USA as being the worlds savior against liberalism and evil.
The first source of evil was the USSR...We now have middle east terrorism.

It was/is all about a government feeling that it was loosing it's power.
...Create a scary world situation and then convince the population that we need them (government) to protect us from this "threat".
...Sell the myth of democracy to the population and that population will help spread that myth around the world, willingly.

The ruling elites who already have all they could want have only one thing left to desire, total power and control!

What does this mean for you and me, well nothing really, because we are nothing in this picture. Our countries leaders care for us no more than they care for the Iraqi's they label terrorists. I suggest we dig our shelters deep.

[edit on 1/2/2005 by ANOK]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Our countries leaders care for us no more than they care for the Iraqi's they label terrorists. I suggest we dig our shelters deep.
[edit on 1/2/2005 by ANOK]

Ever hear of bunker busters?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Yeah bunker busters....I guess there's nowhere to hide then?
...Be a real American and take that nuke like a man...LOL

It's all this guys fault;

home.earthlink.net...

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Waaaaaa! My Diaper Needs Changing!

He's just whining because his cult isn't bossing people around anymore.

And that business of claiming that the enemy is brilliant for pursuing a policy of "winning by losing" is just plain pathetic.

By that reasoning, Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan won World War II by cleverly losing. What a sorry and tasteless joke.

Please, somebody change this guy -- he's stinking up the joint.

join