It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pharmaceutical Giants Caught Supplying Cartels With Tons of Bulk Ingredients to Produce Meth

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
Why are so many people in need of 'paon management'? Sounds like malingering to me.

Yep.. a LOT of malingering. Its a big business... reselling the pills they get that insurance pays for.

I doubt I can on here, but put it this way.. the price per pill is a hell of a lot. More than what you get min wage for 2 hours for the most popular one here. Im a victims advocate/ friend of the court... and lemme tell you, its not the pills that are the problem, its the Drs and the scrip mills and the demand for them. The pain coverage they offer those in real pain that really needs managing is inferior.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Why are so many people in need of 'pain management'? Sounds like malingering to me.

The American diet creates inflammation that really isn't treated (because its not really well understood yet). That, and pill seekers and whatnot.

But whats wrong with someone who hurts finding relief? It was never really a big issue before the US involves iself in opium rich countries.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The American diet creates inflammation that really isn't treated

I find this rather dubious. Americans are not that different from anyone else and neither are their diets. And if diet was the culprit then the answer should be to change the diet, not put people on addictive painkillers.

But whats wrong with someone who hurts finding relief?

A hell of a lot, frankly. Some people in every culture and generation buy into the lie that life can be lived without pain, not to mention frustration and disappointment. Their quotidian experience in rich, high-technology environments encourages them to believe this lie until experience shoves their face in the blood and excrement that is the true ground of reality. Some people have so lost touch with it, they even think it’s possible to cheat death.

To live life fully, and be oneself to the limit of one’s potential, the courage and the virtue to live with pain, disappointment and frustration are essential. Those who lack the instestinal fortitude, and seek refuge in palliatives and avoidance, must accept that they are failing at the challenge of life, which is to be, as the US Army used to say, all one can be. Pain is there to help you know you’re alive — and still holding out.

edit on 3/4/17 by Astyanax because: I wanna take you higher.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

a reply to: IAMNOTYOU

You dont think people are smart enough to be taught about this stuff, so they can make a qualified decision wether or not they want to be an addict?

No. People are very lazy and stupid. That is why rulers are needed. An unpalatable fact some have forgotten.

Ok, i will help you out then and be your ruler
Now go fetch me a beer
edit on 3-4-2017 by IAMNOTYOU because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2017 by IAMNOTYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

The American diet creates inflammation that really isn't treated

I find this rather dubious. Americans are not that different from anyone else and neither are their diets. And if diet was the culprit then the answer should be to change the diet, not put people on addictive painkillers.

Such an obvious solution....

we are just now getting around to undoing the damage caused by the sugar lobby. Britain, too (they have similar obesity rates). Even with that, we aren't doing a good job at aligning retail to what is needed.

Its a cultural issue led from the top. I could dig out all my stuff on that, but if you google "sugar conspiracy" you'll get the gist of it. Doctors jobs are to treat the patient. Its why they tell us to cut back on salt....they know we won't cut back on sugar. That revolution has yet to happen...but its starting.

But whats wrong with someone who hurts finding relief?

A hell of a lot, frankly. Some people in every culture and generation buy into the lie that life can be lived without pain, not to mention frustration and disappointment. Their quotidian experience in rich, high-technology environments encourages them to believe this lie until experience shoves their face in the blood and excrement that is the true ground of reality. Some people have so lost touch with it, they even think it’s possible to cheat death.

Life can be lived with minimal pain. Thinking otherwise is simply choosing suffering instead of relief. It doesn't make you more just. It just makes you suffer more.

To live life fully, and be oneself to the limit of one’s potential, the courage and the virtue to live with pain, disappointment and frustration are essential. Those who lack the instestinal fortitude, and seek refuge in palliatives and avoidance, must accept that they are failing at the challenge of life, which is to be, as the US Army used to say, all one can be. Pain is there to help you know you’re alive — and still holding out.

I get it. I've studied eastern philosophy. But this isn't the east. And most people are idiots (like you mention).

Nonetheless, its neiter mine nor your place to second guess the suffering of another. "The pain is what the patient says it is" is the common edict of nursing. You have no way to know.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I understand more about the ‘sugar conspiracy’ than you might think. My country was once the world’s largest producer of coffee (the know-how about growing it was imported from Jamaica) and later became famous for producing fine tea. Both beverages were originally promoted by sugar producers seeking ways to market larger volumes of their products.

But that was in the sevennteenth century, for heaven’s sake. Nobody is forcing sugar down people’s throats nowadays.

I get it. I've studied eastern philosophy. But this isn't the east.

That isn’t Eastern philosophy. You will find it in Homer, in Virgil, in Seneca, in Cicero, in Plutarch and in Marcus Aurelius. As well as in the writings of Sir Richard Burton and the biographical details of the life of Audie Murphy.

The Classical virtues are prudence, justice, temperance and fortitude. Some of us still prefer to live by them, rather than the wishy-washy slave virtues of faith, hope and charity.

edit on 4/4/17 by Astyanax because: of wish, and wash.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

My clients delivered to a reliable commercial partner and had no idea of the inappropriate use of the drugs,”

What a load of BS.

Its basic Organic Chemistry. If a Pharmaceutical company is that ignorant they should not be manfacturing drugs in the first place!

you got that right! I mean, even Walmart pharmacists know what it takes to make meth, hence the tight rules on ordinary citzen medicine purchases!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join