It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Debt of $20 Trillion Visualized in Stacks of Physical Cash

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I have posted here several times about why the U.S. debt can not and will not ever be settled.

This is the best visual example that I have seen in some time.

Note the Statue of Liberty is at proper scale with only the arm lowered.

Buck
edit on 25-3-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Wow wow wow. Who do you guys owe money to.?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
I have posted here several times about why the U.S. debt can not and will not ever be settled.

Buck

Very impressive ..... Have you any idea what that debt equates to per person if

related to every man, women and child in the US?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
It's even worse than that. For example, the notional value of the global "shadow" derivatives market is over a quadrillion dollars.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Oh...is that all?

Quadrillion dollar asteroid

Good thing Trump wants Nasa to succeed...oh....The definition of irony

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Math is simple, take the total debt divided by the total population.

$20T / 325M = $61,538.46 Per Person.
edit on 25/3/2017 by Sovaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
Oh...is that all?

The only problem with bringing a quadrillion dollars worth of nickel and iron back to Earth... Is nickel and iron will become basically worthless. Historically, silver was much closer to gold in value. But when they found huge deposits of it in the New World, BAMN, there goes the price of silver.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
We live now in a world of Monopoly money. So much of it is printed to control the poor. I'm surprise you all here on ATS haven't caught on the game of Monopoly of the World Bankers. They dictate, period. And then their kids take over. Study the world of the bankers or should i say Bansters.

edit on 0300000039022017-03-25T02:02:39-05:00023903am2 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sovaka
a reply to: eletheia

thousand $ a year, 60 years, problem sorted.

Its a big number, but not impossible..unless you are wanting to pay it off in like 10 years or something.
Just gotta stop spending..or hell, government needs to go in business...maybe make a gigantic awesome space station and sell rides for awhile..nice millionaire vacation spots.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

That would be a good plan if it was a real debt but it's not. It's all fake value.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Love these visual aids. I try to use images from that set all the time.

Here's a 'next gen' project that came out in recent years:
demonocracy.info...
This is one of them (they have many):

Here's one I tried to do in such form, with my hack editing skills lol:

And a quick splice job:

The average human brain cant really truly comprehend the value of numbers past 10,000, so I highly recommend these kinds of pieces in your story telling.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
We live now in a world of Monopoly money. So much of it is printed to control the poor. I'm surprise you all here on ATS haven't caught on the game of Monopoly of the World Bankers. They dictate, period. And then their kids take over. Study the world of the bankers or should i say Bansters.

The Pied Piper of Jekyll Island started playing his election season flute and everyone got truth amnesia.

I'm dumbfounded at the number of people who are fooled every single time, and yet come running back for more every four years like a runaway crackwhore crawling back to her pimp for a fix.
edit on 3/25/17 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
Wow wow wow. Who do you guys owe money to.?

Biggest holder of us debt is the US government. So the government owes itself money.

Next up is US companies and private citizens. Basically the savings of the US economy.

Finally is foreign entities. Companies and governments that have more confidence in the US economy than their own and want to keep their reserves in US dollars.

Somehow this is all very scary.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
The great heist is that each dollar should represent a unit of work or production somebody has done for society.

What work or product have some of these people who gained untold sums of money done for our society ?

If they gained it without providing work or a product, something that benefits society, then it is a heist.

Or worse, if they gained it by being a detriment or burden on society..

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
MusicisMagic and Wide-Eyes are spot on.

There is no real money anymore. The dollar is like, 95% or more ruined.
There is no getting out of this. The Bankster/Elite/Globalists are just waiting for their moment to upend the economy and have it come crashing down around us.

All the money is controlled by them. All the "debt" is owed to them. Look at the recent news from Greece. LINKY
They've gone and given up by appointing the Rothschilds (yes - those Rothschilds that can't possibly be all that rich because they're not even listed on the wealthiest people list!! /sarc) as their debt advisor.

The people keep hitting the snooze button on everything going on around them. They keep thinking we actually have a president who controls things. Or that democracy matters, or we have a bipartisan system, or we have a Constitution. We don't anymore.

All the land the "government" owns and prohibits the U.S. citizens from owning is because it is used as collateral to those of us we owe. It's sitting there, waiting to be usurped by those in true power.

Whenever the elite feel they have the means to properly pay the soldiers to round us up after the martial law goes into effect, the economy will come a-tumblin' down. And it won't be long.
edit on 25-3-2017 by gottaknow because: forgot to add link

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

Thanks for staying it- I didn't want to.
Get out of the city, folks... Its going to be a rough ten years

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
Oh...is that all?

You should probably read the article carefully and not just the title.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sovaka

I have an aversion to zero's except if I have any in my bank!

Holidaying in Italy in the 60's and 70's when Italy still had their

own currency (the Lira monopoly money) felt like being a millionaire.

But dealing with all those zeros, gave me migraines, so I try to avoid

them.

Anyway I'm never going to need to deal with more that 0000 at a

time!

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I agree. From where I stand, I only see two ways of eliminating the debt and one of them isn't a certainty.

1) Have a 10% flat tax and minimize government spending to a bare minimum, and I mean a bare minimum.

2) Just let the whole system implode, which it most likely will to begin with and try a different way of operating.

Any politician who says, "We're going to eliminate the deficit" is either pandering or living in a false reality. You don't just eliminate 20+ TRILLION dollar deficit.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: flatbush71

Buck

Very impressive ..... Have you any idea what that debt equates to per person if

related to every man, women and child in the US?
I didn't watch the video as I am on my mobile, so I apologize if they covered this, but how much does all that cash weigh?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join