It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Must Now Include Democrats In His Major Agenda Items.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Which is why when it came to the Replace part of Repeal and Replace, that's exactly what they did and all they seemed to do.

Even that wasn't good enough for the Rich either, which is even more crazy.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Lets be honest, there are only 2 ways to feasibly do this:

- put it back in the hands of the individual, and start putting caps on the medical and insurance industry. Price regulation will e the only way to manage it for individuals
- nationalize it and lets just move on to more important and pressing matters

But this half assed bastardized healthcare plan being pushed was completely BS in 2010, and its still BS in 2017. Nothing in ACA is salvagable. Its all interrelated and cannot survive whole, let alone piecemeal. it was a terrible mistake. AHCA would be a compounding of that mistake.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: DJW001

Be fair. The Trump campaign never thought they would win, so they never really did develop any actual policies. They just made promises that sounded good. Build a wall and make Mexico pay for it? Seriously?

This isn't just trump but every conservative in gov. that kept saying repeal and replace. They scream about it for 7 years but don't actually have any ideas. So they finally get their chance and blow it bigly.

The Republicans only chanted "repeal." It was Trump who added "replace," so it's his bad.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

That was just the folksy call and response thing. They all knew the script.

edit on 3/25/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: DJW001

That was just the folksy call and response thing. They all knew the script.

Similar to "lock her up" and such.

The more people hear it, the more likely they are to remember it.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I think I can agree with that.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

The Republicans only chanted "repeal." It was Trump who added "replace," so it's his bad.

Well then. It seems that nobody knows what the hell is going on then.

But if the Republicans got voted into power to Repeal. But Trump got elected to Repeal and Replace. Then anyone who voted for either the Reps or Trump is also at fault. Because they all voted in people who couldn't decide on what the hell their goal was.

One side was destined to not agree with the other side. Yet they all still voted with the idea that they would get what they were being sold.

They all just f*cked themselves. LOLOLOL

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
a reply to: SaturnFX

Bunch of asswipes. They are going to sh!t away the last chance they will ever get. Then the country gets handed over to progressive subhumans. Then we get nerf-world.

IMO, it's GREAT that President Trump is now signaling that he wants to do exactly what I suggested in my Opening Post...work with Democrats. If your chosen party is dysfunctional (Republicans), and a ton of Americans like what ObamaCare has brought them, DO THE SMART THING. Pull Republicans/Democrats into a room, and come up with a plan that satisfies the majority of both. After all, there were more Democrat votes cast on November 8, 2016, than Republican. Do what's best for Americans...but don't take long, because due to "adverse selection" only a few health insurance companies are planning to participate in ObamaCare for 2018.

President Trump will Work With Democrats to Fix America's HealthCare System.
Article: hotair.com...

I can predict right now what's going to come from this. It's what I've been suggesting for MONTHS.

1. People with chronic medical conditions, and those with small incomes, can enroll in Medicare or Medicaid. Their choice.

2. Everyone else can buy whatever health insurance they want. PERIOD.

3. Those who don't want or need health insurance...that's fine.

After the new and improved American Health Care Act is in place, Republicans and Democrats will hammer out a major reform of our U.S. Tax Code. Republicans would not be able to pass that bill without Democrat input either.

Remember, Congress ONLY WORKS 166 DAYS A YEAR. If they put in as many hours a day as President Trump, both parties can work together to accomplish great things for the American people before the end of 2017.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Is that why he blamed them for the failure of the AHCA?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Is that why he blamed them for the failure of the AHCA?

Actually, Trump blamed everyone but Trump.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham "get's it".

""Republican Senator Lindsey Graham faced a tough, boisterous crowd at a town hall in Columbia, South Carolina today.
The public meeting came the day after Republicans failed to repeal the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare. "The process was not what I wanted it to be," he said, adding that he thinks Obamacare is a disaster and is going to collapse. And he doesn't think one party is going to be able to fix it alone.

"Here's what I think should happen next," the third-term senator said. "I think the president should reach out to Democrats, I should reach out to Democrats, and we should say, let's take a shot at doing this together. 'Cause it ain't working doing it by ourselves.""

Full Story: www.npr.org...

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

That's going to be a tough sell with the "core."
Doncha think? Working with them liberal scum and all. Them Hillary supporters.

Time to bail on the "core?" Good idea.

edit on 3/26/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Lets be honest, there are only 2 ways to feasibly do this:

- put it back in the hands of the individual, and start putting caps on the medical and insurance industry. Price regulation will e the only way to manage it for individuals
- nationalize it and lets just move on to more important and pressing matters

But this half assed bastardized healthcare plan being pushed was completely BS in 2010, and its still BS in 2017. Nothing in ACA is salvagable. Its all interrelated and cannot survive whole, let alone piecemeal. it was a terrible mistake. AHCA would be a compounding of that mistake.

Yes something must be done. If it is repealed then the citizens will suffer and a violent response may arise. It may not be planned or organised but it could sway how things are. The simple problem IMO is that "the Haves" have too much, and the "Have not's" have too little. In the old days a man could get a job doing manual labour nor there is no manual labour left.

Putting a price cap on anything would not sit well with those who can afford to run the country via lobbyists. IMO Draining the swamp means taking on the lobbyists. Not only that but the right will continue to shriek "Communism plot" at any attempt to even moderate corporate profits.

edit on 26-3-2017 by Tiger5 because: Add in more text

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

They even suck at delivering the mail.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You're operating under an assumption that the dems will work with him at all. I hope I'm wrong, because this country needs some bipartisanship, but I don't think they'll give him the time of day. Their strategy will be obstruct, obstruct, obstruct.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiger5

Wait, which is it? There's no manual labor, or illegals do the jobs American's won't do (the manual labor)?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Don't really know what to think of Trump at this point. I am rooting for him though. It does blow my mind though that all of these people who wanted a repeal when Obama was in office, when they knew it would get vetoed, now all of a sudden are twiddling their thumbs.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AjmPilot

Don't really know what to think of Trump at this point. I am rooting for him though. It does blow my mind though that all of these people who wanted a repeal when Obama was in office, when they knew it would get vetoed, now all of a sudden are twiddling their thumbs.

That's because it's often easier to point out something's flaws than to fix it.

Consistently opposing Pres Obama was a wildly successful political move for them. It delivered them the majority of State legislatures, Governorships, both Chambers of Congress, and the Presidency. But now that they've gained all of that power, they have to deal with the repercussions for any and all failures on their watch. And once the fearmongering died down, they saw that millions of their own constituents would be crushed by their hastily written replacement plan. Or to be more accurate, millions of their constituents realized they'd be crushed by those hastily written proposed legislation. So it's back to the drawing board.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

In theory, it's a brilliant move by Republicans and potentially a disastrous one by Democrats. If Dems work with Repubs on this, it'll give Repubs a scapegoat for any of its failures come campaign season. They'll just say the "bad parts" were added by Dems or that Dems sabotaged it.

So I actually think it's smarter to force Repubs to repeal it completely on their own so they'll have to face any consequences for its predictable failures and backlash. After all, congressional Dems negotiated with Repubs during the creation of the ACA/Obamacare, modeled it after Romneycare, and even allowed Repubs to have a huge say in it in the Senate (remember the "Gang of 6"?). In return, not a single Republican voted for the ACA and they've demonized it ever since.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Priebus/Pence said today that working with "Moderate" Democrats is the goal. I hope they hurry. The middle-class is being crushed with high premiums, high deductibles, fewer ins. companies, and doctors / hospitals dropping ObamaCare patients.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join