It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Must Now Include Democrats In His Major Agenda Items.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I had very much hoped that Gowdy would see some sort of appointment come out of a republican administration.

Now I'm glad he didn't get one.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I had very much hoped that Gowdy would see some sort of appointment come out of a republican administration.

Now I'm glad he didn't get one.

Yep.

I can't help but admire him in some ways. I don't like him, don't agree with him, but he's one of the few with some actual brains.

He was probably smart enough to take his name out of consideration.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
The difference is, Conservatives/Libertarians aren't a bunch of blind sheep following their establishment herder, like democrats are. Obamacare could have been 10X worse, and democrats still would have voted for it, without reading it, because they all fall in line with the establishment. Conservatives/Libertarians don't think like that, they think they should do what is right, even if it goes against the Republican establishment. It's admirable, but it will also be their, and Trump's downfall.

Funny. You claim democrats are blind sheep, yet you regurgitated a well-known talking point that is blindly spit-out regularly by Right Wing sheep.

"Without reading it".

You do know the context of that statement made by Pelosi, don't you?

She did not say what you and millions of Right Wing sheep think she said.

Yet, you bleat away.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

See I like him, both personally and professionally. I don't agree with everything he says or thinks, but he's one of the few that asks actual questions about legal aspects during a hearing rather than making speeches.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It's a little creepy, to be honest. How anything and everything Trump is automatically good and right and anybody that opposes him, for any reason, is bad and wrong.

This is creepier than usual, I'll give you that

But to some extent I think it's just how we people are. We need heroes and leaders, we're all looking for our Joan of Arc if you know what I mean. I'll catch some flak for this - but I see the same thing with other supporters - Bernie, Elizabeth...Hillary, Cruz - Putin

We all have our reasons, and I swear it's hard sometimes to not give in to this idea that the person you support is perfect. It's work to be objective

Human beings seem to need a messiah and when the evidence shows that our messiahs aren't perfect - we look for other reasons and place the blame on some seriously weird choices or manufacture a new set of circumstances. None of our choices are perfect - but some are clearly more functional than others

It sucks being a pragmatic idealist. Nothing but heartache and disappointment :-)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

See I like him, both personally and professionally. I don't agree with everything he says or thinks, but he's one of the few that asks actual questions about legal aspects during a hearing rather than making speeches.

Well, yeah, but he's still a lawyer. He's still "making a case."

I could wish that a few really smart people in government could be gathered together in some sort of EFFECTIVE alternative to the two headed beast that is our current political nightmare ...

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

The difference is, Conservatives/Libertarians aren't a bunch of blind sheep following their establishment herder, like democrats are. Obamacare could have been 10X worse, and democrats still would have voted for it, without reading it, because they all fall in line with the establishment. Conservatives/Libertarians don't think like that, they think they should do what is right, even if it goes against the Republican establishment. It's admirable, but it will also be their, and Trump's downfall.

Pfft.

Do we need to link the evidence that some Trump supporters didn't realize that Obamacare and the ACA were the same thing?

Do we need to link the evidence that some Trump supporters have backed every lame-brained failure and attempt that Trump has attempted?

Do we need to link the evidence that some Trump supporters have clearly said that they thought he was going to take stuff away from other people, but not them?

But ... they aren't a bunch of blind sheep following their establishment leader???

HA!

? Nothing in your reply has anything to do with my statement. If Conservatives and Libertarians were blind sheep following the establishment herder, this bill would have easily been passed. The fact it didn't even get brought up for a vote proves my point. Conservatives and Libertarians aren't on the GOP Establishment leash, if they were GOPCare would be our new healthcare law.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Logic puzzle for you ... does the blind sheep know he is blind (or even a sheep)?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Logic puzzle for you ... does the blind sheep know he is blind (or even a sheep)?

And again, you don't address anything about my post. I'm done wasting my time, have a good weekend, sir.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: whyamIhere

Deliver my mail, stay the hell out of my life.

This is the sort of mindset that made the Tea Party types look like fools.

"Keep your government hands off my medicare".

"Government needs to stay out of my life...damnit, why hasn't the mail come yet?"

It's a Ronald Reagan quote.

But, he is a great American.

So, I'm positive you must hate him.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Both of those are also known as obstructionist. Look the republiCANTS and the demoCANTS both got re elected on their Obamacare views. The reps who are up for re election need to be called out and the Reps who wanted change should make it their missions to see their fellow party members fired for lying yet again.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

And again, you don't address anything about my post. I'm done wasting my time, have a good weekend, sir.

Perhaps that's because your post is evidence against the claim in your post ... but you don't see that?

Have a good weekend yourself.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
COTUS, Article I Section 8 is very clear about what the Federal government does.

The Framers also had enough wisdom, unlike some here, to know that as history progressed, times change, and the Constitution as well as the interpretation would also need to change itself to remain a living document.

There's distinctions between the traditional and the outdated and the obsolete.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

"Government needs to stay out of my life...damnit, why hasn't the mail come yet?"

Actually, I believe that line was said by Lee Dreyfus, not Reagan.

As far as Reagan goes, I do not/did not hate him. I don't hold him up as some messiah or icon as the Right does, because he definitely does not deserve such accolade.

Reagan-worship is another example of how the Right are sheepish.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

As far as Reagan goes, I do not/did not hate him. I don't hold him up as some messiah or icon as the Right does, because he definitely does not deserve such accolade.

What did Reagan give us?

A deficit.

(Good call on the quote though, LOL)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

What did Reagan give us?

A deficit.

(Good call on the quote though, LOL)

If one were slightly conspiracy-minded, they might also believe he was a traitor, considering the Iran hostage issue.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
My thoughts

- AHCA was a total POS. Thank God its dead. Obviously, those morons cant manage to find greener grass on their side either. Im not a fan of socialized medicine. I think it creates a manged care scenario where treatment is prescribed based on cost, and not effectiveness. If this could be addressed, I have no issue with the so called "single payer" concept of nationalized healthcare. We are supposed to be a great nation.....we should be able to provide compassionate care to everyone within our borders legally.

- DJT is a hot mess. Even sadder, he's not the hottest mess in DC. This "Freedom Caucus" group is treasonous at best. I would love to see stuff like this cause the banning of political affiliation groups in government. As we see, loyalties to parties other than constituents derail daily government operation. On a grander scale, the DNC does the same (the RNC had their turn last admin....and still do the same now). Whether you love or hate Trump, you should still despise the notion of political affiliation groups.

- Trump lost it. He entered in wit promises of negotiation skills that would help him navigate the halls of congress, and put the world in a firmly subservient position (essentially, sell them snake oil). While trying to achieve this, he spent the last year insulting every last one of them. What he does not have in his "bargaining power" repertoire is his billions of dollars that people want access to. In this case, he has nothing. All his capital was burned up trying to beat Hillary. Those billions do nothing for him now, and thus his bargaining toolkit is neutered.

edit on 3/25/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

He was a traitor.

Flat out. Reagan was a traitor. And when his lies started to be exposed, he hid behind dementia.

ETA: i actually suspect he was chosen as an asset in the white house. The CIA picked him to run, to create this image of America. He was an icon of what it meant to be American during his time. His career in Hollywood groomed him well to stage it.

edit on 3/25/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Trumps big failure at legislation has shown he didn't know how to negotiate outside of business. With his threats and luring talk to as a whip and carrot demeanor utterly failed to get results he wanted. He couldn't even bring his own party together. That is a failure on his part, but he claims it's the Dems fault.

Well he can always sign another EO.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: introvert

He was a traitor.

Flat out. Reagan was a traitor. And when his lies started to be exposed, he hid behind dementia.

ETA: i actually suspect he was chosen as an asset in the white house. The CIA picked him to run, to create this image of America. He was an icon of what it meant to be American during his time. His career in Hollywood groomed him well to stage it.

I completely agree.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join