It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Must Now Include Democrats In His Major Agenda Items.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: enlightenedservant

In other words, this is real on-the-job training for him.

New tricks? This particular old dog?

Yea politics and business are different worlds. He's learning.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

He's learning.

I see no such indication.

The pulling of the AHCA was because of the democrats. Nothing more. Right?

edit on 3/25/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

President Trump is a dismal failure. Why should anybody support him any more?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: enlightenedservant

In other words, this is real on-the-job training for him.

New tricks? This particular old dog?

Probably not. LOL I was trying to be neutral & slightly cordial. Some people flourish after "on the job" training, while others fail and are fired. I don't think it's a secret which result I'd prefer in this particular case, but only time will tell.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
It's too late. Trump has already burned through his political capital within 2-3 months into his presidency. Right Wingers started off crass, careless, and to be honest like a dictatorship. There is no way any democrat is going to associate with that and will use that against Republicans in 2018.

Most importantly, the shadow of Russia is all around this administration and its apologists. A full, impartial investigation with republican buy in is the only way right wingers will get democrats to work with the Republican party. Anything less and there will be no concessions coming from the left.

originally posted by: carewemust
Friday, March 24, 2017

Republicans gained a majority in the House, the Senate, and won the Presidency, due to (in part) promising to Repeal-Replace ObamaCare. They said to America, "Just give us a majority in Congress, along with the Presidency, and WE PROMISE YOU that ObamaCare will be abolished and replaced with something much better!!"

Even with that majority, Republicans chickened-out today. They wouldn't even vote on their own ObamaCare replacement bill, known as the American Health Care Act. They pulled it from consideration, and rushed out the doors for home. On March 24, 2017, the Republican-led House of Representatives stabbed everyone who voted for them in the back..and twisted the knife!

Bottom line is that THEY ARE DYSFUNCTIONAL and can't be relied upon, or trusted, to help President Trump enact any of his big-agenda items. From Tax Reform to Infrastructure legislation, they're going to let him down...ruining the legacy of a U.S. President who has talent, and energy, that surpasses any President of modern times.

President Trump should begin including DEMOCRATS AND THEIR WISHES in his agenda, from this point forward. Before running as a Republican Presidential candidate, I've read that Trump was more LIBERAL on many positions than CONSERVATIVE. This tells me that including Democrats to get future bills passed, would suit him just fine.

SUMMARY: President Trump NEEDS Democrats' help, because he can't get it done with the current batch of Republicans. Just 10 days ago, I couldn't imagine starting a thread of this nature. But after miserably failing their "Basic Integrity & Character 101" test today, the Republican Congress is now, officially traitors to their electorate. The ultra-conservative members especially. No flexibility whatsoever. It's shameful and embarrassing.

-CareWeMust

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Deliver my mail, stay the hell out of my life.

This is the sort of mindset that made the Tea Party types look like fools.

"Keep your government hands off my medicare".

"Government needs to stay out of my life...damnit, why hasn't the mail come yet?"

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Tardacus

President Trump told Republicans that if they didn't move forward on this Repeal-Replace item, after 7 years of promising to do so, they are most likely serving their last term, right now.

Because he is used to firing people. The President of the United States can't fire elected representatives. On the other hand, Congress can fire the president, which is their best hope for re=election in 2018.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
My god. The horror of having a government that actually works together to accomplish something that actually benefits the people. And yet somehow op has managed to make it sound like this is some sort of bad thing for their demigod. Amazing.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Spot on post. The only way the left will support Trump en masse at this point is if he changes his stance in a bigly way on practically every issue.

From the left's standpoint, in the chicken little scenario the op paints, there is absolutely zero reason for the left to rush to the support of Trump. From their perspective, he can't even secure enough support from his own side of the aisle so why on gods name should they suddenly give it to him?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The proposed bill is not one that I agree with either, the same way that I was against Obamacrap, but to see that Trump have to fight against his own party is a disgrace and only shows that our nations congress have no desire to help the American people at all, but to enrich their pockets with interest money because that is the trend and have been for decades, is not about what the people wants but what big interest wants.

Democrats are a bunch of losers that their goals and purpose in congress is to fight anything Trump does and that is the fact.

They have become the party of pandering to illegals and immigrants and the hell with the hard working Americans.

We finally have a man in the white house that is willing to do change, but the career politicians can not let the swamp go and are up to their noses in the swamp crap.

Still the bill as it is, I didn't agree with, I wanted a repeal also, no a modification.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Spot on post. The only way the left will support Trump en masse at this point is if he changes his stance in a bigly way on practically every issue.

From the left's standpoint, in the chicken little scenario the op paints, there is absolutely zero reason for the left to rush to the support of Trump. From their perspective, he can't even secure enough support from his own side of the aisle so why on gods name should they suddenly give it to him?
Uhh..yeah not going to happen, hench why he WON. Its in the interest of the LEFT to ADAPT or get left behind.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
My god the endless repetition of the argument that: Trump won, he can do what he wants.

Yes, he won. By one of the smallest margins in recent history. He won, but 55% of the Americans that voted, voted against him.

He won, and he's been delegitimzing that win ever since.

He failed on his Muslim Ban.

He failed on defeating ISIS in 30 days.

He failed on Replace and Repeal.

He embarrasses the country on a daily basis.

etc. etc. etc.

He was right about one thing ... I don't know how much more of this "winning" we can take.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

From their perspective, he can't even secure enough support from his own side of the aisle so why on gods name should they suddenly give it to him?

What I think is interesting about all this is how much people seem to think that they'll support anybody so long as they get what they want. Which is true for some people - but obviously not for all

If Republicans can't work with him now it will be because there's nothing to work with. Rather than realize he's not the leader they were hoping for - the faithful would rather turn on the GOP - and make nice with the liberals?

It's almost as if Trump is more important than his policies

It's hilarious - and sad. It's hard to lose faith in a hero - I know
edit on 3/25/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The difference is, Conservatives/Libertarians aren't a bunch of blind sheep following their establishment herder, like democrats are. Obamacare could have been 10X worse, and democrats still would have voted for it, without reading it, because they all fall in line with the establishment. Conservatives/Libertarians don't think like that, they think they should do what is right, even if it goes against the Republican establishment. It's admirable, but it will also be their, and Trump's downfall.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Uhh..yeah not going to happen, hench why he WON. Its in the interest of the LEFT to ADAPT or get left behind.

I seem to remember people saying something similar after Pres Obama won by a landslide in 2008. His party also won both Chambers of Congress that election cycle. People were saying the Republican Party was dead; yet something entirely different happened. The right wing's base became riled up w/massive Tea Party movements all across the country, which emboldened the Republican Party to oppose virtually everything the Democrats did while in power (sound familiar?). The Democratic Party ended up losing all of its momentum and political power in the upcoming elections.

In short, I think it's quite a bit premature to expect the Left to just roll over and go along with you guys. Your side opposed us for 8 straight years, on everything from the "Stimulus Package" & the push to close Gitmo to the auto industry bailouts & the Iran nuclear deal. It's been barely more than 2 months since your guy got sworn into office and suddenly you think it's over? Not a chance, bro.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
The difference is, Conservatives/Libertarians aren't a bunch of blind sheep following their establishment herder, like democrats are. Obamacare could have been 10X worse, and democrats still would have voted for it, without reading it, because they all fall in line with the establishment. Conservatives/Libertarians don't think like that, they think they should do what is right, even if it goes against the Republican establishment. It's admirable, but it will also be their, and Trump's downfall.

Pfft.

Do we need to link the evidence that some Trump supporters didn't realize that Obamacare and the ACA were the same thing?

Do we need to link the evidence that some Trump supporters have backed every lame-brained failure and attempt that Trump has attempted?

Do we need to link the evidence that some Trump supporters have clearly said that they thought he was going to take stuff away from other people, but not them?

But ... they aren't a bunch of blind sheep following their establishment leader???

HA!

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

He won what? An election?

You must mean an election, since he didn't win enough support to get Obamacare repealed.

Even from the right.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

He won what? An election?

You must mean an election, since he didn't win enough support to get Obamacare repealed.

Even from the right.

Do you ever think it's time for the Republicans to scrub this team and start over?

Have Trump and Ryan resign, go with Pence and maybe Gowdy as Speaker?

I don't see how it can get a lot worse for them than this debacle.

(I'm sure they'll show me in the coming days and weeks, though.)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

It's a little creepy, to be honest. How anything and everything Trump is automatically good and right and anybody that opposes him, for any reason, is bad and wrong.

Sounds like somebody else's fans in history but I can't quite put my finger on who it is.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

a reply to: Spiramirabilis

It's a little creepy, to be honest. How anything and everything Trump is automatically good and right and anybody that opposes him, for any reason, is bad and wrong.

Sounds like somebody else's fans in history but I can't quite put my finger on who it is.

Ooh, I know!

"What is 'every religious cult leader and political despot of the last 100 years' for $500?' "

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join