It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Must Now Include Democrats In His Major Agenda Items.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Friday, March 24, 2017

Republicans gained a majority in the House, the Senate, and won the Presidency, due to (in part) promising to Repeal-Replace ObamaCare. They said to America, "Just give us a majority in Congress, along with the Presidency, and WE PROMISE YOU that ObamaCare will be abolished and replaced with something much better!!"

Even with that majority, Republicans chickened-out today. They wouldn't even vote on their own ObamaCare replacement bill, known as the American Health Care Act. They pulled it from consideration, and rushed out the doors for home. On March 24, 2017, the Republican-led House of Representatives stabbed everyone who voted for them in the back..and twisted the knife!

Bottom line is that THEY ARE DYSFUNCTIONAL and can't be relied upon, or trusted, to help President Trump enact any of his big-agenda items. From Tax Reform to Infrastructure legislation, they're going to let him down...ruining the legacy of a U.S. President who has talent, and energy, that surpasses any President of modern times.

President Trump should begin including DEMOCRATS AND THEIR WISHES in his agenda, from this point forward. Before running as a Republican Presidential candidate, I've read that Trump was more LIBERAL on many positions than CONSERVATIVE. This tells me that including Democrats to get future bills passed, would suit him just fine.

SUMMARY: President Trump NEEDS Democrats' help, because he can't get it done with the current batch of Republicans. Just 10 days ago, I couldn't imagine starting a thread of this nature. But after miserably failing their "Basic Integrity & Character 101" test today, the Republican Congress is now, officially traitors to their electorate. The ultra-conservative members especially. No flexibility whatsoever. It's shameful and embarrassing.

-CareWeMust

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Where the hell did replace come from.

I wanted it repealed, not replaced.

Why must we have the government do anything with Healthcare.

Look how well they run the VA system.

Deliver my mail, stay the hell out of my life.

edit on 25-3-2017 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
They better do something or they won`t have a majority in either house after the 2018 mid terms.
Voters had to listen to them whining for at least 4 years about obamacare, the voters expect immediate action if the voters don`t get it by November 2018 the GOP won`t have a majority in the house or senate, and trump will be F%^*ed!

I voted for republicans in 2016 but if they don`t get off their asses and do SOMETHING by 2018 I won`t be voting for them in 2018.
they had at least 4 years to formulate an alternative plan for obamacare and they have 2 years to get that plan passed if they can`t do it then they are worthless to me.
edit on 25-3-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I agree with you 100%

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

It's because they tried to rush a healthcare replacement. Was it bad? Yes, Was it worse than Obamacare? I don't think so.

It's actually a good thing. They shouldn't have rushed a replacement in 60 days. For now all they have to do is re-write obamacare minus the mandate, THEN they can focus on an actual viable replacement over then next year or so.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Its both sides. I am really happy that Trump is in office, his passion to help the American people is being slowed by both sides.

On one side, you got Dems screaming Russians and foolish, ignorant and naive people falling for it and you got obstructionist Repub's who are looking out for their own asses.

Something needs to give way and I believe it falls on the People to do something. Right now, the US is undergoing a crisis in which radical liberals are creating disruptions throughout the country, we need to deal with these extremist as well. I figure once the evidence shows nothing, as we all know, then a lot of them will simply burn out and carry on with their usual daily deals.

But as I have to agree, we need to work together and rightfully so. Good thread brother.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

It's because they tried to rush a healthcare replacement. Was it bad? Yes, Was it worse than Obamacare? I don't think so.

It's actually a good thing. They shouldn't have rushed a replacement in 60 days. For now all they have to do is re-write obamacare minus the mandate, THEN they can focus on an actual viable replacement over then next year or so.

I totally agree.
I think they were way to hasty and the goal I believe was to get some progress going. However, these things take time to do. To be honest, I'm for amendments as it would take less time then to repeal and replace. As long as it is being worked on, then that is fine with me.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
What? You mean Trump has to work with people who he doesn't like to get things done? Blasphemy.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
These people in congress and the senate are doing exactly what they always do. They play at congress and senate, getting fat, lazy, and wealthy. They pretend to care about the common person while reducing our freedoms and increasing our burdens. I say tar and feather the whole lot of these rats. They are America's rubbish and refuse. Treat them as such.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I agree. But what was the last big government entitlement program taken away? I can't think of one.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

President Trump told Republicans that if they didn't move forward on this Repeal-Replace item, after 7 years of promising to do so, they are most likely serving their last term, right now.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

That replacement plan (the American Health Care Act) left the most expensive parts of ObamaCare in place. The Essential Health Benefits package is very expensive. Most expensive of all was the guarantee that all existing medical conditions would be covered.

In fact, with the AHCA, people could enroll any time they wanted to. ObamaCare has only a 60 day enrollment window each year. No health insurance companies would go along with that kind of madness. They'd pass the bill, but the shelves in the marketplace would be devoid of products for purchase. At least there are a few plans available now.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
What? You mean Trump has to work with people who he doesn't like to get things done? Blasphemy.

If you recall, Republican leaders treated Candidate Trump far worse than Democrats did. You rarely hear him say negative things about Schumer, Pelosi, Cummings, even though they pound him and his agenda constantly. He probably appreciates Democrat leaders' cohesiveness now.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Trump failed to anticipate the opposition and failed to build a credible replace. This was an elementary mistake. His lack of experience in politics is very clear. On the other hand all senators must keep an eye on the next election.

Sadly the cost of Obamacare is going to rise until it fails those who need it the most.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiger5

Spot on Tiger5. I was reading this article while you were posting... somewhat related.

""It is hard to overestimate the damage the Freedom Caucus has done to the fledgling presidency of Donald Trump, and to the country. By blocking the American Health Care Act of 2017, the conservative group has guaranteed that Americans will struggle forward under the burden of Obamacare.

In the next few months insurers will announce their premium hikes for the coming year; chances are, given the continuing withdrawal of major companies from the marketplaces and the ongoing failure of the bill to attract enough young and healthy participants, the new rates will not be pretty. Last year premiums went up 25%; it’s likely the increases will be higher this year.""

Full Article: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

This is one of the basic differences in running your own company and being President. He could basically dictate his whims within his own company, with his family members and his inner circle being the only people who could influence his decisions. But as President, there are plenty of checks & balances in place to make sure no individual has that kind of power. Every President will have to compromise with other politicians, administrators, and judicial figures in order to get their agendas passed into law.

This is one reason many people with presidential aspirations start with smaller offices first. The experience gained by learning to navigate between the various camps within the 3 branches of govt is invaluable. As is the experience gained by negotiating between various State and federal agencies. Even Dubya Bush was a Governor before running for President (and Obama was a State Senator and federal Senator before running for President). And that doesn't even include the necessity of having allies in each branch of govt, since only members of the House of Reps can introduce bills in the House of Reps (and the same goes for Senators introducing bills in the Senate).

In other words, this is real on-the-job training for him. He & his team should be learning fairly quickly that they need to make and keep allies in both Chambers of Congress if they want to get anything meaningful passed. And they need to get all of their policies checked by the judicial branch beforehand if they don't want them overturned (many times, the Attorney General's office does this preemptively). This is one reason all Presidents occasionally push bipartisan issues; basically to gain favors from the other camps.

Actively berating & undermining those people will only make things even harder down the road, especially when the 2018 campaign season kicks in. Once the campaigning starts, those politicians will ignore his administration's agendas while trying to convince the public that they're "on our side".

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Trump will get nothing done.

He isn't left or right..he isn't the establishment front...and a win for him would mean the destruction of the establishment of the right...so, make him a piss poor president so people realize you cant get things done with someone bucking the system.

Dems obviously wont go with his plans, and reps dont want him to repaint the party so will also shoot torpedos into his agenda.

Welcome to a 3.5 year lame duck session.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   

The problem is, Nobody knew health care was so complicated!

Until now......

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Bunch of asswipes. They are going to sh!t away the last chance they will ever get. Then the country gets handed over to progressive subhumans. Then we get nerf-world.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

In other words, this is real on-the-job training for him.

New tricks? This particular old dog?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join