It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me why does Americans hate everyone?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap

It is not the people. It started badly in the 80's with the Republicans attacking poor women. That's when the term "welfare Queen's took hold. Naming and shaming is how they have governed ever since. Always having a domestic enemy distracts from their wars and Corp give aways.

edit on 25-3-2017 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I have to admit, many Americans are really stupid. Maybe because they are conditioned to be that way.

Its scary how so many people react to the question - "who should we invade next?", with such comfort. I guess they feel they have the right to invade others. They take after their leaders.

But to be fair , there's stupid people everywhere.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Curses, did you have to bring that up. The year before we aussies beat you at baseball and you responded well. And,,,and,,,Neil Armstrong was Australian and patented the "Hills Hoist"..

American throwball came from Aussie Rules football except you guys use your hands to pass and not your feet.

Damnit. Now I'm ranting but I love youse.

ind regards,

bally

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

In previous times the wars were broadcasted in the public conscious. Journalists gave daily reports in movie houses then tv. Even the return of bodies. I guess it will take hundreds of thousands bodies for this generation to get pissed at futile sacrifices.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

That's bat country.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh

Why would you think that? Do you live here? We get along with everybody just fine.

Hop in, lets go on a roadtrip. You'll see, we're not that bad.

I like that picture......they look like acouple of those bloody Meerkats.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'm canadian and I hate everybody....except if their female, 5'4", 110 lbs, blonde with blue eyes, then I LOVE them

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

Well there, is this site not a proof that the are many and many of American people who are aware, and nice to others while at it? And that video... like someone stated, stupid people saying stupid stuff. Haven't you ever seen a video on youtube that featured an intelligent and warm kind of American person?

Nope, I have seen is youtuber's, Hollywood and music, that is it. Everything else is just about guns and pranks(which I don't care), nothing about Americans liking anything. Even some musics is down right backwards.
edit on 25-3-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
What is funny... a lot of the sweeping generalizations I have seen about Americans... I can find the exact same stereotypes over here in Europe... germany, france, britain, netherlands, belgium, italy... culture is a little different, language is different, but the same attitude people like to point at Americans and complain about.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I can see that English isn't your native tongue, so I can give you a pass on the wording. I assume you mean something more along the lines of "Why do Americans look down upon everyone else" or similar.

The simple answer is that we have a horrible, undeserved superiority complex bolstered by a LOT of arrogance. That renders the majority of Americans to behave like much of the posters in this thread have -- in a petty, mocking, disrespectful, holier-than-thou manner to the rest of the world. Despite knowing better, knowing we're conditioned to act like this, most Americans continue to do so out of the belief that we mere 300+ million people are somehow still better than billions of others. We even treat each other like this, be it by state differences, local region differences, geographic region differences, etc. It's practically beat into us to believe we are infinitely better than the next guy, fellow citizen or otherwise.

It's actually a pretty s#ty cultural trait for us, and foreigners can definitely spot it outright. But that's mostly because we don't even try to hide it. This attitude on a world scale never lasts too long, and neither does the culture that perpetuates it. Rome is a pretty good example of having been "too big for their britches", as the phrase goes.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I can see that English isn't your native tongue, so I can give you a pass on the wording. I assume you mean something more along the lines of "Why do Americans look down upon everyone else" or similar.

The simple answer is that we have a horrible, undeserved superiority complex bolstered by a LOT of arrogance. That renders the majority of Americans to behave like much of the posters in this thread have -- in a petty, mocking, disrespectful, holier-than-thou manner to the rest of the world. Despite knowing better, knowing we're conditioned to act like this, most Americans continue to do so out of the belief that we mere 300+ million people are somehow still better than billions of others. We even treat each other like this, be it by state differences, local region differences, geographic region differences, etc. It's practically beat into us to believe we are infinitely better than the next guy, fellow citizen or otherwise.

It's actually a pretty s#ty cultural trait for us, and foreigners can definitely spot it outright. But that's mostly because we don't even try to hide it. This attitude on a world scale never lasts too long, and neither does the culture that perpetuates it. Rome is a pretty good example of having been "too big for their britches", as the phrase goes.

1. We are better than the rest of the world when it comes to sports we invented. Canada got hockey, but we have Gen. Arnold to thank for that.

2. I am a West Virginia native. There is not a joke about my heritage that I have not heard.

3. I have seen how the "other half" lives. I have been all over the world. I would rather live here, than anywhere else.

4. NASCAR

5. March Madness

6. The Pittsburgh Steelers

7. NCAA football

8. BASSmaster tournaments

9. Gun shows

Pretty much sums it up

edit on 26-3-2017 by madmac5150 because: I forgot 5

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join