It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amid New Allegations from Ukraine, Rick Gates, Manafort's Man in Trumpland, Booted

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
when is the next intel committee hearing?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Nunes cancelled Tuesday's open meeting. He wants a closed door intel briefing, but I don't see a date for that, unless he just means that Tues is the closed briefing and no longer the open meeting.

I tell you one thing, I would come home from college classes and turn on Watergate hearings along with my favorite soap opera. Then I followed Ken Starr's salacious and gossipy investigations of Bill Clinton. I tell you, Russiagate investigation has the possibility of being both serious and salacious, golden showers and all, but it probably will just be more on the serious side. Frankly, I can do without the eeeuuuu factor

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

No, matafuchs, we're not going to be calling each other comrade. Trump is not receiving texts from Putin on what EOs or bills to draft/sign. There is a larger picture.

I can remember when the USSR would probe American hardware defences for weaknesses, weaknesses which they could exploit to their advantage. The KGB would find weaknesses in individual American citizens, whom they could turn to work on behalf of the Soviet govt. Soviet propaganda offices would turn out propaganda for external use and advantage. Nations do this.

Forward to the 21st century, and we find another area, cyberspace, in which to probe and to use to advantage. There is no more USSR or KGB, but Russia uses its skills to work in cyberspace and to contimue to find human weakness. There is still Russian propaganda to be put out, but even that effort has been updated to not merely work with truths but to actually question the idea of truth itself, to intentionally cause confusion, as one would use smoke to hide physical activities. When anything and everything can be put into question, when reality can be made up to be whatever anyone says it is, then one person or group in charge of a nation can shape reality (think Putin and Trump).

The last 20 years in America has seen a marked intentional increase in our political polarization, to the point where we became unstable, unable to govern effectively. The perfect storm of four things:

1. Americans were told to mistrust their govt, their institutions, and each other.

2. One party became a faction refusing to compromise, something our Founding Leaders warned us about.

3. At the same time, those with wealth increased their control over govt actions. Also, one wealthy elite family and their like minded wealthy friends paid to spread their extremist political, economic, and conspiratorial ideology, to the point where they have now taken over one party.

4. Americans became more irrational in their thinking, falling into the traps of false equivalence and black/white thinking. Everything became a conspiracy, reality became whatever anyone claimed it was.

We did this to ourselves! We made ourselves weak and vulnerable, open to 21st cen exploitation.

Russia probed us as they always have and found this weakness, this vulnerability. They found certain citizens willing to be exploited. Russian cyberoperation made it possibe for these citizens to fulfill their plans for American govt, to the benefit of Russia.

And what did Russia ultimately want? A stronger Russian, an America made weaker by its own political instability, capable of being turned to good Russian use. Russia could give a rats ass about what specific bills or EOs get signed, as long as instability reigns. If certain American citizens remain loyal to Russia, all the better.

Russia attacked us and is winning Cyberwar I. We must understand and refuse to give in. Resist. Climb out of our foolishness and complacency. We have four more years of resistance, to protect what we have valued since our Founding.

If Trump’s real agenda is to sow disorder and undermine democracy, even his dreadful last week might be a win

If your agenda, conscious or otherwise, is to demonstrate that representative democracy doesn’t work and that the separation of powers devised by the Founding Fathers isn’t up to the task of Making America Great Again, what better illustration could you offer than March of 2017? On Friday, while trying to spin the imminent demise of the Trumpcare bill, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer observed that in our political system “you can’t force someone to vote a certain way. . . . At the end of the day, this isn’t a dictatorship.” From the Trumpian point of view — which is by no means limited to Trump himself — that’s clearly a problem.
[Trump] believes he can foresee the future, shape events to his liking and dominate others with the force of his superior will, a combo that comes close enough to “fascist dictatorship” as to be indistinguishable.
The great question of the Trump era is whether America’s institutions remain strong enough to resist the long-term drift toward authoritarian rule. In the face of everything that has happened, there is no room to be complacent about the answer.

Lord of misrule: Don’t be so sure the demise of Trumpcare is a defeat for Donald Trump

Remember, another world power, China, has the opinion that they can proclaim to their citizens that authoritarian rule is better than democracy, because democracy produced Trump as a leader, whom they now judge as weak and foolish, fully capable of being used to their advantage.
edit on 26-3-2017 by desert because: oops... external not eternal

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Gates stayed on to serve as a conduit between Manafort and Team Trumpster fire.

Indeed! I think this pre-election warning from former Republican (he says he left the Cult), Mike Lofgren, sums it up

In boosting Trump and funding fringe parties in Europe, Russia has helped construct a new kind of "comintern"—and it's even more effective than the Cold War version.

this was funny.... but sadly true!

Never in its wildest dreams could the old Soviet politburo have imagined it would get a U.S. major party candidate so congenial to its interests. All it had to work with was poor, old Gus Hall, the Communist Party USA’s perennial hapless candidate!

Trump, Putin, and the Alt-Right International

Putin only had eyes for "Yuri The Puppet" Trump ....

Classic Soviet propaganda always treated Democrats and Republicans as essentially indistinguishable and interchangeable components of the bourgeois power structure, both equally worthy of denunciation. Compact, however, had several articles explicitly endorsing Donald J. Trump as an all-around swell guy, with one explaining how a President Trump would improve U.S. relations with Russia.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join