It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amid New Allegations from Ukraine, Rick Gates, Manafort's Man in Trumpland, Booted

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Though his partner and crime had made a quick public departure from the Trumposphere in August, following the release of media reports citing claims from Ukrainian authorities that Manafort's name had been found in a secret ledger of Party of Regions pay-offs, Manafort's longtime business associate, Rick Gates, apparently stuck around.

I don't even need to be emboldened by the example of my President, Dear Leader "Say Anything on Twitter" Trump, to have absolutely no qualms speculating that Gates stayed on to serve as a conduit between Manafort and Team Trumpster fire.

If you're reading this Sean Spicer, that sinking feeling you're experiencing is another little piece of your soul dying off with yet another lie offered in defense of the indefensible.

Back in January, it was announced that Rick Gates would be part of the Mercer-funded America First Policies non-profit, an organization that is reportedly intended as Trump's version of Organizing for Action, an organization formed to promote President Obama's policies.

Trump Advisers Start 'America First Policies' Nonprofit

Six of President Donald Trump's top campaign aides have banded together to start a nonprofit called "America First Policies" to back the White House agenda.

The group includes Trump's digital and data director Brad Parscale, onetime deputy campaign manager Rick Gates and two campaign advisers to Vice President Mike Pence, Nick Ayers and Marty Obst.

David Bossie and Katrina Pierson also will be involved, according to a statement announcing the group.

"Some of the same like-minded individuals who put their energy into getting Mr. Trump elected are now going to be part of a grassroots group to go out there and help with the agenda, help the White House be successful," Parscale said.

Of course, unlike Organizing for Action, America First Policies is heavily funded by a single American oligarch, Robert Mercer, a man who also has himself a propaganda arm — Breitbart News — and his own PsyOps outfit, Cambridge Analytica. I'm also going to guess that Mercer, whose cadre of operatives (Conway, Bannon and Bossie) took over the top three spots in the Trump campaign after the undeniably Russian-connected Manafort slithered off, ain't quite as keen on the Putin-love as some of the other power players in Failing El Presidente Trump's orbit.

While Sean Spicer's spinning like a wash machine on methamphetamines trying to downplay Manafort's role with the campaign — like we're all as delusional as Kellyanne Conway on psychedelics — and Trumpkins have been trying to pull my head into the sand along side theirs (f# misery, nothing loves company more than ignorance), it appears that Team Trump is no longer comfortable having Manafort's boy in their midst.

Rick Gates out at America First Policies over Manafort ties to Russia

Washington (CNN) Rick Gates, the longtime deputy to President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, was forced to leave his position with a nonprofit supporting Trump this week due to his longstanding relationship with Manafort, two sources familiar with the matter told CNN.

Gates' exit from America First Policies came after the Associated Press reported this week that Manafort had sought to further Russian government interests in his work for a Russian businessman. Gates did not return CNN's requests for comment.

One administration source familiar with the matter called the departure "amicable." A second source told CNN that Gates was asked to leave after his name popped back into the news this week due to his connections to Manafort.

Gates previously served as Manafort's deputy when he was campaign chairman, and has long worked with him in the private sector, including in consulting work for foreign interests.

And there you have it folks. Though I'd like to say that I'm not the sort of poster who relishes an opportunity to say, "I told you so," I'm not really that big on false modesty and so, I'll take this opportunity to say, I told you so. This makes a nice cap to my other Manafort posts today:

- Manafort's Daughter's Hacked Texts: "You know he has killed people in Ukraine? Knowingly?"
- Leaked Documents: Manafort Worked To Advance Putin Agenda
- Ukranian MP Alleges Evidence of Manafort Receiving Illegal Payments

While the Trumpkins scurry to and fro trying to slap down any hint of a Trump-Russia problem with cries of "fake news" and "but but but you're just butthurt about the election!" — and the always popular, "George Soros. Clinton. Obama. Podesta. What magic name will shut you up?" — once more, the Trump folks aren't nearly stupid enough to buy the bull# they've been selling the faithful cult members.

Two other developments in the Manafort saga that I didn't post threads about today:

Chicago Tribune - U.S. probes banking of ex-Trump campaign chief Paul Manafort

and this one which should be really interesting:

NPR - Paul Manafort To Testify On Russia As House Intel Committee Drama Continues

If I'm not mistaken, the last time Paul Manafort testified in front of Congress, he admitted to influence peddling:

NY Times - Bush Consultant Peddled Influence At H.U.D., He Says (1989)

(after of course lying about it first)

It'll be interesting to see what Manafort says. He's no dummy, he's quite good at his job and he's extremely well connected. On the other hand, he's been up to his neck in shady # for longer than I've been alive and I can only assume that eventually all those chickens will come home to roost.
edit on 2017-3-24 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I just don't get how so many people can be so willfully blind to Putin's shenanigans. The dots are becoming neon signs.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Oh man, this is looking like the Dossier is true. I wonder when we hear about that 19.5% of Rosneft and how much of it the Trump team was given, because it's being funneled through some Caribbean offshore now. How deep does this rabbit hole go?

Man, possibly the greatest conspiracy of our life time is playing out before us and half of this site has fingers in their ears. Don't worry guys. You all may not like what you hear, but you will be forced to trust those lying eyes pretty soon.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Great thread(s). What's done in the dark will eventually come to light.

S&F

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Trump needs to look for a discreet way to bail. This has destroyed his presidency anyway and the GOP must be in panic mode.
edit on 24-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

It'll be interesting to see what Manafort says. He's no dummy, he's quite good at his job and he's extremely well connected. On the other hand, he's been up to his neck in shady # for longer than I've been alive and I can only assume that eventually all those chickens will come home to roost.

Thing is, I thought Rick Gates is supposed to testify as wel as Manafort ...and someone else too.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheOneElectric

Or through the bank of Cyprus.

The details of that transaction are secret but the records show a sale equal to 19.5% of the company stocks and it doesn't show to whom or who got the brokerage fees on the sale. But it was right after Carter Page made that emergency I approve it but not on my dime trip to Moscow.
And met with Igor Sechin CEO of Rosneft and who was promised brokerage fees amounting to 19% of the shares in rosneft according to the dossier presented by Christopher Steele.
Yes the dossier is being validated bit by bit.
edit on 3242017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

No, the three that have now offered to testify are Manafort, Roger Stone and Carter Page.

As a reminder, this is about where it become clear that if there was an investigation of Trump's team's possible collusion with the Russian government, Roger Stone was assuredly going to be investigated.

BOOM. Trump - WikiLeaks Connection Confirmed By Trump "Advisor," Manafort Partner, Roger Stone

That was back in the middle of October.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

No, the three that have now offered to testify are Manafort, Roger Stone and Carter Page.

As a reminder, this is about where it become clear that if there was an investigation of Trump's team's possible collusion with the Russian government, Roger Stone was assuredly going to be investigated.

BOOM. Trump - WikiLeaks Connection Confirmed By Trump "Advisor," Manafort Partner, Roger Stone

That was back in the middle of October.

Right, I guess I knew I had cocked up somewhere, though thinking about it.. there could be more than the three amigos eventually

edit on 24-3-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Trump needs to look for a discreet way to bail. This has destroyed his presidency anyway and the GOP must be in panic mode.

I don't think that party is in so much a panic, Tuppence is there to hold the fort, smiling as he was at the oval office press conference Friday....so my intel er, tells me. bear in mind back a little while,
House Speaker Paul Ryan who hesitated to throw his support behind Trump, referred to Pence as a “personal friend"
edit on 24-3-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Right, I guess I knew I had cocked up somewhere, though thinking about it.. there could be more than the three amigos eventually

I wouldn't rule out anything at this point. The levels of both intrigue and bull# in politics currently is amazing and the amount of media exposure we all have is unprecedented.

It's pretty difficult to know to what's going to happen when it's impossible to know what's currently happening.
edit on 2017-3-24 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

More excellent work, ante! Boy, the birds are starting to sing now! .... haha maybe they'ld be safer locked up in prison, afterall Trump did say that, like Putin, “There are a lot of killers. We’ve got killers. What do you think? Our country’s so innocent?”

Anyway, a radio show I was listening to today mentioned as a reminder that Manafort was the one who brought Pence in as VP. Now it makes me wonder, what might Pence know about Manafort and Stone and when did he find out? Pence needs to come clean on what he knows, not just about Flynn but about Manafort and Stone. At the very least, Pence may have been an unwitting tool, but I think he needs to be looked at also, if only to get a more complete picture of collusion.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

J.D. Gordon another security advisor to the trump campaign.

Wilbur Ross in connection with Cyprus bank famous for Russian money laundering to which he was a vice chairman and of which he is still a share holder. And funny enough where Paul Manifort has an account.
edit on 3242017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Great threads Ante.

I think Paul Manafort knows he is facing serious federal charges. His offer to testify is probably an attempt to save his own skin.
Team Trump isn't going to be able to make this go away.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Yep. Like the birds in the Disney Enchanted Tiki Room, they'll all be singing. James Woolsey "abruptly left" the Trump team in Jan and now is speaking out about Flynn, re basically a kidnapping scheme. He wants no part of a criminal investigation.

And it could be that, while many utter the word "treason", these guys are actually looking at criminal charges, including RICO. And it could find the Republican Party itself guilty of RICO criminal acts. It could be that criminal charges, not necessarily treason, will be found, dragging in people all the way to the top of the party and in the White House. The evidence may all be there now, but putting the case together takes time.

Meanwhile, Trump has washed his hands of the Trumpcare debacle, and it's crickets in the news about his latest military failure, the 200 civilian deaths in Iraq due to military bombing in Mosul. What, what, to distract the people with now, he's probably muttering. No doubt he's paying attention to these Tiki birds and concerned about for whom the birds sing.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

I agree with you, desert. It will most definitely be RICO corruption charges that bring down this crowd.

I just read about the civilians killed in Mosul. So sad. These mistakes are no small part of the fuel that feeds animosity toward our country.

(side note: Are you a Malcolm Nance fan, too?)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

lol When I first became aware of Malcolm Nance last year, I liked what he had to say, but was skeptical at first. But the more I read and listened, the guy made sense and could elaborate on the topic of intelligence gathering. I never paid much attention (that's an understatement) to intelligence until someone who was in Naval Intelligence encouraged me to read a book by James Bamford that had recently come out, The Puzzle Palace (1982).
Learned a lot.

Over the years, as mainstream investigative journalism has been de-valued and all but forgotten, Americans have become used to believing tabloid and propaganda pieces as factual. haha to the point where the POTUS reads the stuff as gospel. And my late fil went to his grave angrily believing Obama was a Kenyan Muslim after years of an all day diet of Fox News.

Speaking of tabloid, when I was out grocery shopping yesterday and was at the checkout counter, I saw Trump's friend's tabloid, National Enquirer, with the headline about Flynn being the WH "Russian spy". I said to my husband, wow, the WH is throwing Flynn under the bus, interesting. I happened to catch part of Rachel Maddow later that evening, haha the same thing was brought up. I get the mental image of a bunch of thieves throwing out tacks from the car window to slow down the police. ..... haha they'll all be wearing their brown pants now!

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I said to my husband, wow, the WH is throwing Flynn under the bus, interesting. I happened to catch part of Rachel Maddow later that evening, haha the same thing was brought up.

There are rumblings that Flynn may have flipped on Trump and is spilling to the FBI.
source
second bit of info

With Carter Page, Roger Stone, and Paul Manafort all racing to testify/tell their stories, Flynn has been curiously quiet...

Ex-CIA director Woolsey's allegations of Flynn in a meeting with Turkish representatives of Erdogan discussing the removal of Gulen by kidnapping are fairly damning. Source is the Wall Street Journal, but my link won't work.

It's a race of the weasels to be the first to turn state's evidence--they all know the first to cooperate gets the shortest prison term.

edit on 3/25/2017 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
So,can you give me that key piece of legislation Trump has signed because he is influenced by the Russians? An EO? Anything?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

It's a race of the weasels to be the first to turn state's evidence--they all know the first to cooperate gets the shortest prison term.

Holy Russiagate (as it's now being called)! Jeez, all the ins and outs, the connections of this conspiracy, are staggering to me. Makes Teapot Dome Scandal seem like a child's tea party.
edit on 25-3-2017 by desert because: left out one word

top topics

<<   2 >>

join