It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Criticisms of Christianity

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Awen24

I'm a Christian minister.

Regarding miracles...
I'd suggest to you that those things that appear to us to be miraculous stem not from a violation of natural law, but from our own limited understanding of what constitutes 'natural'.
We're limited to the dimensions we exist in; if you accept the premise that God exists, then you must also accept the premise that a God who created time, space and matter must Himself be timeless, must transcend space, and must be immaterial. In that context, the miraculous is not a violation of natural law, but an exercise in the very nature and character of God - outside of and far beyond our own capability.

I would suggest you visit a childrens hospital.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: dfnj2015

My question then is how can a God be thought to be "all-loving" if that does not include non-believers and fence-sitters?
God loves all people ...Both Jew and Gentile ...

Yet if I do not submit to his will, through blind faith, for my whole life, I get the roasting and toasting, after I die???

No matter how anyone explains this quaint concept.

It still comes off as spiritual rape.

I mean.....what choice is there?

If you have a hell gun pointed at your head.
Its not a choice.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: blueyedevilwoman

Yet if I do not submit to his will, through blind faith, for my whole life, I get the roasting and toasting, after I die??? No matter how anyone explains this quaint concept. It still comes off as spiritual rape. I mean.....what choice is there? If you have a hell gun pointed at your head. Its not a choice.
You don't have to submit to His will .You have your own will to chose .He would like for you to pick Him but He wont make you . Unlike our own parents who knew better then we did when we were children . Oh wait you don't suppose God knows better then we do ,do you ?

One of the things I become more and more amazed with is what the Bible actually teaches . Its taken many years to un-wravel all my pre-conceptions and mis-understanding about a subject I thought I knew . That is the problem with us humans ...we think we know . Oh and you might have been told it is blind faith but it is actually just faith ... You can search the Bible all you want but you will not find blind faith .

edit on 24-3-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I think there was a thread where it talks about how the Vatican silenced the early Christians.
edit on 3/24/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

That is how people believing in duality justify their behavior.

The people who are going by fruits not appearance do not have that problem. Even Yeshua taught karma in Sheep and goats. Then Christian faith got pushed towards the free ride again by people like Paul.

Sikhs, Taoist, Hindus, Taoist, Buddhist and Sufi (when greatly influenced by Rumi:s teachings) can transcend duality if they want to. It is Islam, Judaism and Christian faith that is cursed with the logical flaws causing spiritual objective blindness.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Science (objective measurement) used correctly can explain how synchronicity and telepathy and reveal how reality is manifested. It will even measure the spiritual by the effects on quantum level.

Give me a quantum analyzer and that can measure the state or each quanta in real time and a couple of humans wanting to experiment with energetic body states and I will measure objectively how anointment is manifested in these bodies.

But that kind of knowledge is not something humanity wants. Better to have the illusion of free will than certainty on how all levels of creation interact.
edit on 25-3-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

My question then is how can a God be thought to be "all-loving" if that does not include non-believers and fence-sitters?

Yet if I do not submit to his will, through blind faith, for my whole life, I get the roasting and toasting, after I die???

Its not a choice.

It's not a matter of submitting, you have it wrong

Its love, there are no laws in Christianity, just do things in love

And no it's not spiritual rape, it's your choice, Christ died to forgive your sins, accept it or don't
But don't expect there to be no judgement, you hurt others, there is going to be a judgement
don't you like justice?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
a reply to: markosity1973

Give me a quantum analyzer and that can measure the state or each quanta in real time and a couple of humans wanting to experiment with energetic body states and I will measure objectively how anointment is manifested in these bodies.

Observable and repeatable are the tenets of scientific discovery.

Sure you will be able to observe miracles and explain what happened with the right technology. But I'm not so sure you will be able to repeat the results. That would require a level of matter manipulation that could create and destroy entire universes.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
There's tons I could say about Christianity, but I just wanted to leave this amusing little tidbit regarding Hell.
Next time a Christian tries to scare you into following their belief with the idea of eternal Hell, steer the conversation like this:
"Does God love me?"
"Well of course he does, he loves everyone unconditionally."
"Can God do anything?"
"Of course he can do anything, he's God."
"So then if God loves me, and God can do anything, God can choose to take me to Heaven instead of send me to Hell, right?"
And then of course they'll try to tell you that whether or not you go to Heaven or Hell is entirely your choice and not something God can intervene in, at which point you can remind them that "God can do anything, right? If he wants me to go to Heaven, he can take me to Heaven."

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Christians seem to be the most judgmental people on the planet.

That has by FAR been my experience in life. It also seems to me that they tend to be of lower average intelligence.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
There's tons I could say about Christianity, but I just wanted to leave this amusing little tidbit regarding Hell.
Next time a Christian tries to scare you into following their belief with the idea of eternal Hell, steer the conversation like this:
"Does God love me?"
"Can God do anything?"
"So then if God loves me, and God can do anything, God can choose to take me to Heaven instead of send me to Hell, right?"
And then of course they'll try to tell you that whether or not you go to Heaven or Hell is entirely your choice and not something God can intervene in, at which point you can remind them that "God can do anything, right? If he wants me to go to Heaven, he can take me to Heaven."

That has by FAR been my experience in life. It also seems to me that they tend to be of lower average intelligence.

God does love everyone, that's why He sent His Son
And you ask if God can do anything, He can't force His will on us, sovereign, but allowing free will. Try Kierkegaard and his existentialism, you are assuming all Christians are Calvinists, that's a little ignorant on your behalf. Signs of a lower intelligence?
It is your choice, it wouldn't be love if He forced a choice on you
Free will, should I say it again

So no God can't take you to heaven, that would be against your will

And yes, Christians are judgemental, it's very sad, as for intelligence, really, you judging all of us...

Let's see the intelligence of atheists, Mao, Pol Pot, Stalin and now our favorite North Korean leader and you say christians are dumb, ehhm
edit on 25-3-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Its not a choice.

you have it wrong

there are no laws in Christianity, just do things in love

But don't expect there to be no judgement,

So which is it?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
"Does God love me?"
"Can God do anything?"

God does love everyone,
Free will, should I say it again

Are you listening to yourself?

So no God can't take you to heaven, that would be against your will

?,
I guess not.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Yet if I do not submit to his will, through blind faith, for my whole life, I get the roasting and toasting, after I die??? No matter how anyone explains this quaint concept. It still comes off as spiritual rape. I mean.....what choice is there? If you have a hell gun pointed at your head. Its not a choice.

You don't have to submit to His will .You have your own will to chose .He would like for you to pick Him but He wont make you .

But he will make me sorry if I dont "pick him"???

Rapist mentality.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Its not a choice.

you have it wrong

So which is it?

I understand your confusion
It's simple, there are no laws in christianity or love is the only law
There is no condemnation in the judgement on christians

But if you are not a christian, then you do not have grace, then the justice
Simple?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

You don't have to submit to His will .You have your own will to chose .He would like for you to pick Him but He wont make you .

Rapist mentality.

That's silly
You make yourself sorry.
If you speed and get a ticket then you are the one sorry for being foolish
The law is to protect people, break it and be punished, don't blame God, it's your choice

And rape is sexual, you are being a little over dramatic for attention, it sounds silly

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Its not a choice.

you have it wrong

So which is it?

Oh thank goodness.

It's simple,

I know, right!

there are no laws in christianity or love is the only law

Why?

Simple?

No. It is doublespeak

Love me.....or else!

Is not REAL love.
edit on 03 23 2017 by blueyedevilwoman because: bracket

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Rapist mentality.

That's silly
You make yourself sorry.
If you speed and get a ticket then you are the one sorry for being foolish
The law is to protect people, break it and be punished, don't blame God, it's your choice

Oh....I get it. You just say you are sorry, and the cop dont write the ticket. Man anybody can do that.

And rape is sexual, you are being a little over dramatic for attention, it sounds silly

Rape is sexual?

To you, I guess that makes sense.

My spirit is an intimate part of what I am.
Like sex....I choose who I want to be with.
And threats of violence against my spirit do not work on me.

God gave us brains for a reason.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

And yes, Christians are judgemental, it's very sad, as for intelligence, really, you judging all of us...

Let's see the intelligence of atheists, Mao, Pol Pot, Stalin and now our favorite North Korean leader and you say christians are dumb, ehhm

Thanks for validating what I've said. I specifically used the word "average" for a reason. At no point did I say all Christians are of low intelligence. I've listened to some that I think were of rather high intelligence. Your athiests argument is an indication of low intelligence on your part, not mine. "Christians are smart because some athiests are dumb" doesn't work, nor does "these people must be unintelligent since they did bad things". Again, thanks for validating what I've said.
"It is your choice, it wouldn't be love if He forced a choice on you"
If you let your child become a drug-addicted prostitute, is that an indication of your love for them, because you allowed them to choose that path? Your argument that God sending people to Hell for all eternity as being a sign of his love for us is completely wrong. If God loved people, he wouldn't have created an eternal torturous Hell and then sent good, honest, loving people there who didn't even believe in it. You don't prove your love for your infant child by throwing it in the oven and burning it alive because it chose to draw on the floor with a crayon.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Its not a choice.

you have it wrong

So which is it?

Oh thank goodness.

It's simple,

I know, right!

there are no laws in christianity or love is the only law

Why?

Simple?

No. It is doublespeak

Love me.....or else!

Is not REAL love.

Or else, yeah or else you will have to pay the penalty
It's your choice, you don't have to love, it's not a demand

It's not double speak, it's simple.

God is as much a God of justice as He is a God of love
You just want Him to be all cuddly and fit your own desires as to what a god should be, sorry, not the one in the bible

There is no condemnation for Christians because Jesus paid the fine that the "police" issued
The ticket is written, the law has been broken, there must be retribution, Christ paid the price

Your spirit is intimate, ok...

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Funny, I thought your whole argument was a little silly
I was just showing you how some atheists act, sorry you were triggered

You also said he'll was eternal, you an ex Catholic?
Don't assume you know what Christianity is, you are a theologian?

Is drawing on the floor a sin that constitutes hell, how is that relevant, little strawman

You make many assumptions, many are wrong
It's clear you don't understand christianity and I don't want the argument with someone who thinks they know everything but doesn't really know the subject

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join