It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps Promise to Americans now being killed by the GOP!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

When it came to Sanders I wasn't too worried about his ideas. Policies have to be voted in and passed before they happen. That's where bad ideas or ideas that need some work can get ironed out.

What was more important was his intention. He really wanted to help the poor and middle class. He actually wants to help people who are struggling here. He wasn't going to lie to everyone and do something completely different once elected.

He had integrity and he was genuine about what he wanted to see happen. He's stood true to those things for decades. You knew what he wanted to see. Just maybe not exactly clear on how he'd get there. But that I can work with.

What we've been getting are people who are completely full of sh*t. They're all liars and Bullsh*tters. They don't care about any of us. Only their wallets and serving the Super Wealthy.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
This conservative is ecstatic over this outcome!

I have said all along that the best thing for conservatives going forward is to let the massively-failed Obamacare collapse and then add that to all the other miserable failures of the Obama Regime.

Then follow the Constitution and per the 10th Amendment let the states decide what form of healthcare (if any) they want to provide to their citizens.

I agree completely...

Let the conservatives have the reins....

When your average middle class American starts paying more taxes for way less services, more pro big businesses deregulation and wages do not go up..

More automation and less entitlements to cushion the blow...

It's gonna have to get bad before we make the changes the future is gonna require.
edit on 24-3-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

What exactly do you agree with in what he's saying. Because he's talking about Healthcare which isn't even the topic of this thread.

In fact. This topic is showing that the conservatives are actually part of the problem.

edit on 24-3-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

What exactly do you agree with in what he's saying. Because he's talking about Healthcare which isn't even the topic of this thread.

In fact. This topic is showing that the conservatives are actually part of the problem.

It's the first step...

If they replace it with something with half the benefits, and premiums don't go down..

Or if they don't touch it and prices continue to rise..

Either way is untenable..

The only way to get anywhere near even is to eliminate insurance companies completely..

Something the GOP will not do until it is so bad they have no choice..

And it the same with all there nonesense..

I think most people are smart enough to know that automation is gonna kill too many jobs to replace and the only way to still have an economy is universal salaries..

How bad does unemployment have to get before the GOP is forced to fix it??

Sadly I think we are in for a lot of hurt before we grow up...

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

The fix to this is very difficult at this point. It basically amounts to Wall Street regulations that limit the financial decisions companies can make to affect stock price.

Investors are going to buy from the cheapest supplier though unless you force them not to.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Why are you still talking about Healthcare???

Are you even a real person or some bot or something???

You're either not reading anything or have mental problems or are just a computer simulated person.

What's up??

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I get that buying American will be more expensive. But the difference is that the money is still here. It just gets cycled back through and keeps going.

Once it goes to some foreign contractor though, it's gone. We have no idea if or when it will ever enter our own economy again.

Keeping it here helps everyone. Not directly but indirectly. It may start at a certain supplier. But that supplier then pays the employees, which go by things here yet again, helping those shops stay open and pay those employees, etc. etc..

But send it out and it's just gone. Sure we may get our bridge built or whatever it is for cheaper. But is it cheaper??? It is cheaper to buy the material but that money is now gone from our own economy. Buying here it stays in our system of money and part of it goes into paying taxes again which can then be spent again. Like recycling. It just has to keep flowing around and changing hands to keep stuff running. Once it's gone or someone just holds on to it then it brings everything to a stop.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This should be a gigantic flashing neon sign with klaxons sounding for people who think the GOP has their back. They quite blatantly do not, they'd rather OUTSOURCE GOVERNMENT CONTRACTS than pay Americans to do the jobs. Now what does this tell people?

Hint: vote wiser next year.

TF kind of response is this? You a human, or computer code? Healthcare is not the topic of the thread, government contracts is, WTH.
edit on 3/24/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

We don't need to spend 80% of our Government Spending to foreign contractors though. I'm all for trade. Trade is great. But not at the sacrifice that kills us by doing it.

We don't need to spend almost a trillion dollars on importing things that we can produce ourselves and keep that money here helping us.

I'm not saying take it all back, but we can do better than throwing all that money out of our country.

I keep saying "Don't worry about when or if Globalization is going to happen - - - worry about How and Who.

The genie is not going back in the bottle - - ever!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I totally agree. Nor should it. I mean to become totally isolated would be horrible. I mean, in a way we're already globalized. Just not completely. There are still a few biggies that aren't yet. IMO I don't think we need total globalization yet anyway. There are differences that IMO don't need to become one in order to continue. Like culture. To some degree the melding of cultures will happen anyway. But I don't think they have to be all boiled down to just one overall world culture to continue. No more than male and female need to meld into a single sex.

Even if that does happen way in the future at some point doesn't mean we have to push it faster than it naturally would happen.

I think we just need to find balance for some things and with others let them naturally find their balance and not force it.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Like culture. To some degree the melding of cultures will happen anyway. But I don't think they have to be all boiled down to just one overall world culture to continue.

We just have to look at history of how indigenous people could not fully be made to conform.

Was it a thread on here or somewhere else about brain scans or brain chemistry? Not sure. But, it said culture is part of the brain, it retains generationally. Its simply part of who people are born to be.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I totally agree. Nor should it. I mean to become totally isolated would be horrible. I mean, in a way we're already globalized. Just not completely.

People need to stop being stupid and existing generation after generation as if nothing has changed. Following in "daddy's footsteps" doesn't cut it any more - - unless your daddy is a robotics engineer.

People need to start thinking. They need to stop procreating just because they can.

They need to look to the future to see where their kid needs to go to be productive in the world ahead of him.

NOT "we've always lived this way".

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Then we just need to learn to respect different cultures for what they are and either get along or give each other space.

Of course we're running out of space and humans seem to not be able to respect anything. So we're going to have problems.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Then we just need to learn to respect different cultures for what they are and either get along or give each other space.

Of course we're running out of space and humans seem to not be able to respect anything. So we're going to have problems.

You can have a surface public culture and your own personal culture. I'd say its worked quite well like that for years.

IMO - - most neighbors get along with each other - - until someone becomes an instigator. One bad apple.

Like Muslims in America. They are not the ones making a big stinkin deal out of it.

That's generally how it works. Society has laws - - everyone must follow them - - with respect for each other.

Problems are created.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join