It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWAT raids man's home, shot him to pieces over $100 worth of pot, paralyze him, then lied about it

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Here is one really messed up story. The cops lied multiple times yet are cleared of all wrongdoing. First they said the guy fired a gun at them, then after it was found out that the pistol in the guys house had never been fired, they changed their story that he "pointed" it at them. Strangely, all the body-cams only have footage from "after" the man was shot 9 times. But surprise, the guy had a security cam!

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.blacklistednews.com...’s_Home_over_%24100_in_Pot%2C_Shoot_at_Him_57_Times%2C_Paralyze_Him%2C_Then_Lie_About_It/57513/0/38/38/ Y/M.html

Julian Betton’s offense was to sell $100 worth of pot to a friend. For that, South Carolina police battered down his door, fired 57 shots at him and hit him nine times, leaving him paralyzed and without the use of several major body organs.

The cops then lied about the circumstances of the raid to make it seem as if Betton deserved every bullet. When Betton awoke from a coma, his leg was shackled to the hospital bed. Prosecutors then charged him with several felonies — enough of them to put him in prison for the rest of his life, should he survive his injuries.

For those two sales of pot totaling $100, Betton will not only be saddled with paralysis and debilitating injury, he’ll also have a felony record. The cops who broke down his door, filled him with bullets and then lied about what had happened will suffer no punishment at all.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Its pathetic that cops waste time and resources on someone selling weed in very small amounts. Scumbags go do some real police work.

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
And people look at me like I'm crazy when I say "the oppression and incarceration of people who self medicate with a benign plant is alone reason enough for us to organize and revolt against a corrupt and evil system."

It breaks down to oppression of personal freedom and the right to choose what to do with ones own body while harming no others. This issue alone shows how not free we really are and the lies that keep it that way.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
How utterly sickening........... no real words to describe this crap. When will it end?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Unfortunately in many states having a security camera, a firearm and drugs (I know pot isn't a drug) is a crime.

So these assholes will walk free. The law is against, not for us.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Spoken like a true libertarian!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This type of thing has been happening for the past 100 years on the regular. Yay for the war on drugs.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I've always said alcohol is much more harmful to the body and impairs a person's motor skills much more than the affects of weed. Yet we keep on over-crowding our prisons and locking up weed smokers with hardened criminals. You have to wonder if these people come out worst than when they went in.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

For most i would imagine they learn how to become real criminals in jail, no doubt most come out worse off.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Here is one really messed up story. The cops lied multiple times yet are cleared of all wrongdoing. First they said the guy fired a gun at them, then after it was found out that the pistol in the guys house had never been fired, they changed their story that he "pointed" it at them. Strangely, all the body-cams only have footage from "after" the man was shot 9 times. But surprise, the guy had a security cam!

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.blacklistednews.com...’s_Home_over_%24100_in_Pot%2C_Shoot_at_Him_57_Times%2C_Paralyze_Him%2C_Then_Lie_About_It/57513/0/38/38/ Y/M.html

Julian Betton’s offense was to sell $100 worth of pot to a friend. For that, South Carolina police battered down his door, fired 57 shots at him and hit him nine times, leaving him paralyzed and without the use of several major body organs.

The cops then lied about the circumstances of the raid to make it seem as if Betton deserved every bullet. When Betton awoke from a coma, his leg was shackled to the hospital bed. Prosecutors then charged him with several felonies — enough of them to put him in prison for the rest of his life, should he survive his injuries.

For those two sales of pot totaling $100, Betton will not only be saddled with paralysis and debilitating injury, he’ll also have a felony record. The cops who broke down his door, filled him with bullets and then lied about what had happened will suffer no punishment at all.

I have a question

What does your constitution say the people should do, when the system has been corrupted like this?

There is absolutely NO DOUBT left, that this is corruption from the buttom and up, so what are you guys supposed to do when this happens?
edit on 24-3-2017 by IAMNOTYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMNOTYOU

In a perfect world you should be able to protect yourself from anyone who threatens your home or safety, especially if they have some type of authority over you. But in this case you'd probably be charged for murder because you had a plant in the house.

Wonder when it will hit people that's it's wrong to bust in someone's front door and maybe kill them, because they might hurt themselves.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

But surprise, the guy had a security cam!

How many times have we heard about some pesky unknown to the authorities video showing up and detailing they lied ? When that happens it should be an automatic felony charge against those who participated and signed off on the falsehood.
edit on 727thk17 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

When that happens it should be an automatic felony charge against those who participated and signed off on the falsehood.

I really cannot understand how cops can get away with such a serious crime... surely they broke multiple laws here, undermining the law enforcement system, collusion with intent to pervert the course of justice, a conspiracy to cover up events having taken place on an official SWAT operation, defrauding the insurance system through false claims, use of unwarranted lethal force against an unarmed suspect, and in general being total douche bags.
edit on 25/3/2017 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I've always said alcohol is much more harmful to the body and impairs a person's motor skills much more than the affects of weed. Yet we keep on over-crowding our prisons and locking up weed smokers with hardened criminals. You have to wonder if these people come out worst than when they went in.

Without doubt. A lot of people caught up in this ridiculous war are typically normal, hard working honest citizens. Some growing for their own personal use, some for their own medication. I've known police officers who smoke. Managers, in IT.

Thing is, you take someone who is not involved in the hardcore criminal element, and force them to coexist in a very strict dog eat dog environment, they will come out changed. Jaded at the system, bitter at the world. And likely with a whole new set of friends and tricks of the trade.

That is the real crime... incarcerating people for harming no one, partaking of a natural plant that has never in it's history been proven to cause death with mere use, ruining lives with asset confiscation, causing future employment stress and denial...

But as long as Larry Longpipe can sit back in his walled off mansion, with his dressing gown and slippers of an evening, quaffing his brandy and chomping on his cigar, well who cares about the riff raff, he'll say..

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneWrecche

That is the real crime... incarcerating people for harming no one, partaking of a natural plant that has never in it's history been proven to cause death with mere use, ruining lives with asset confiscation, causing future employment stress and denial...

Why is that so damn hard for people to see? It's ironic that the real immoral act is that being done by those who claim to uphold the moral fabric of society. Things like this are why I've always had a hatred towards society, I cannot understand why people allow this crap to happen to good people who don't deserve it. I truly do despise humanity some times.
edit on 25/3/2017 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
a reply to: 727Sky

When that happens it should be an automatic felony charge against those who participated and signed off on the falsehood.

I really cannot understand how cops can get away with such a serious crime...

It reminds me of that case where the cops entered a legal head store, guns pointed at all the customers, detaining them, even one lady who had her let amputated, in a wheel chair, proceeded to destroy all the visible means of recording, taking away dvd recorders, smashing cameras, but failed to get the hidden cameras.... they were then seen eating the hash products, laughing about how they treated everyone, one female cop even gloated she was almost going to kick "in her nub" the woman in the wheel chair, laughing as she went. They were playing darts and having a blast.

All on camera... no charges of misconduct or harassment...

edit on 25-3-2017 by LoneWrecche because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
a reply to: LoneWrecche

Why is that so damn hard for people to see? It's ironic that the real immoral act is that being done by those who claim to uphold the moral fabric of society. Things like this are why I've always had a hatred towards society, I cannot understand why people allow this crap to happen to good people who don't deserve it. I truly do despise humanity some times.

I honestly don't know. I've been asking the same since the early 90's. There are just too many people who are either mentally flawed (claiming pot smokers are like rapists and murderers, or the law is the law so your fault, types) or there are those who just don't care because it doesn't immediately affect them.

There was a discussion here a while ago with a politician in a small town, who was pushing for harsher laws for cannabis. Anyone who tried to engage him in debate, got the usual "oh the stoners are trying to argue with me." and he got summarily criticised even by members of his own seat.

At least there is some progress being made, the old way is slowly dropping off.. saner minds may have a chance to change things yet..

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   
So in other words, if cops bust into your house, you should shoot first and ask questions later because they'll probably murder you and then claim you did regardless.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The first time a school teacher slaps a student they are DONE........the first time a police officer ABUSES VERBALLY OR PHYSICLLY SUSPECT THEY ARE DONE.......I watch LivePD on T.V and I still see aggressive abusive behviour by Police who are out of control.......especilly provocative verbal abuse designed to trigger SOP escalating responses.....the job of cleaning up law enforcement is only just beginning.

People are MURDERED by police every single day in NA.

Until we see Law Enforcement people ON TRIAL IN PUBLIC FORUMS....regularly...because the systems are full of rotten apples due to a century of graft and because there will always be % of nuts who want to be cops to abuse humans or make money illegally......

When I see a Cop raise his voice and begin ejecting spittle from his mouth as he works HIMSELF UP to trigger SOP escalation points......ALL OF WHICH LEAD TO THE LEGALLY SANCTIONED USE OF PHYSICAL FORCE IN ESCALATING DEGREES LEADING TO DEATH BY GUNFIRE. .....lol.....we all know the routine Cops use now...and they refuse to stop doing it so far.

When I see militarised Police in cities and when I see unarmed people men women and children being shot to death online ,I no longer care about the Thin Blue Line.....I believe there are more good apples than bad apples.....this is a law enforcement leadership issue...on a National and Internationl level.....you dont see this stuff in the worse places on Earth.....so why do we see i here?

Because laws support murder by cop.......the abuse of power begins with the intentional use of verbal commands and verbosity.....to by proxy escalate every situation to the point where law enforcement is clear to hurt or kill you to physiclly touch and harm you......all these people want to do is legally cover their bases to the point they can shoot you dead and avoid paperwork and inquests.

This is about the flawed legal system supporting the illegal actions by law enforcement.

IMHO....there are more good cops than bad cops....but the legal system and police culture intentionally designed to suppress and shut up good cops and to support and encourge BAD COPS......this is NOT A GOOD COP/BAD COP issue.....this is a LAW MAKERS ISSUE.....the good cops will 86 the bad cops in 1 or 2 years internally if we give them the power to do so.

There are a LOT OF MURDERERS WEARING UNIFORMS RIGHT NOW.......it will be a huge job weeding them out.....someone has to go over the thousands of shootings and killings and beatings and crippelings and list the thousands of times law enforcement was allowed to slip away by the legal system......and these cops who were "protected" by the legal system and who were ENGENDERED INTO AN INFORMAL CABAL BY THIS ACTION must be LISTED AND REMOVED ....and many will have no dirty record to lead us to them but will still be murderers and criminals....but ANY COP WHO HAS COMMITTED A CRIME AGAINST CITIZEN AND HAS BEEN PROTECTED BY THE LEGAL SYSTEM WILL BE ROOTED DEEPLY AND WILL BE DIRTY AS HADES.

I pity the good cops who have to risk their lives alongside murderers and criminals wearing the same uniforms......we all know a small % of criminals will force cops to use deadly force.... and I pity those good cops who have to use deadly force....but I do not pity the cowardly murderers who play the system and abuse and kill people as they hide behind their badges Unions and existing screwed up laws which protect them from prosecution and protect the state from civil legal suits.

I hope Trumps boys root out all the rotten cops and judges and prosecutors and lawyers.....and I hope they look back ...FARRRR BACK....in the records to see WHO GOT OFF....to see which COPS WERE PROTECTED AND BROUGHT INTO THE CABAL.......because THESE ARE THE WORST OF THE WORST and many could now be in leadership positions....for once they are "in the club"....promotions come fast........come on Trumpster...root out the rotten buggers....lets see a T.V show where BAD COPS GET THEIR DUES.....god knows there are thousands of them nation-wide.

And once they know Trump is coming....lol...private security firms owned by the rotten buggers TPTB controllers will begin hiring them as they begin to FLEE THE JOBS THEY NOW HOLD BEFORE TRUMP GETS TO THEM......and then Trumps boys can FIND THEM IN NICE LARGE GROUPS AND DEAL WITH THEM EXPEDITIOUSLY. Rats alwys run in the same direction when the water begins rising.....lol.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
The first time a school teacher slaps a student they are DONE...

Except in the states where corporal punishment is legal, right?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join