It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First we take on Tobacco then the Alcohooool!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
www.nrc.nl...

In Holland there is a big debate about "trick cigarettes", similar to trick software in German cars, these cigarettes are clean in the test and dirty in use. Because the filter is manipulated, they manipulate millions of filter cigarettes for only a couple that are indeed random picked and tested by the authorities

My personal believe is that the (over) mothering starts at tobacco (a gray area of health and personal freedom) to say to here and not further, the boundary of the mothering by #bigbrotheriswatchingyou.

There is perhaps more to say for the negative effects of alcohol because it also gives intoxication, people drive drunken etc. Trying to fix the health impacts of alcohol for everybody is crossing the "over mothering" border line

Governments should not mess with alcohol and tobacco, leave them alone, moreover we could come in the funny situation in The Netherlands that cannabis is legal and alcohol and tobacco banned

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: galien8

I like my cigs filter free.

That is all.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Welp, I'm moving to the Netherlands.

I wouldn't drink if cannabis was legal, it would impact my smoking habits as well.

Thing is, the alcohol and tobacco lobbyists here have fought legal cannabis harder than law enforcement.. That tells me all I need to know about the faux-benevolent nanny state.
edit on 24-3-2017 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I like my cigs filter free.

That is all.

Funny that you say that, we only have filter cigarettes pre fab, we can roll tobacco in paper, we call this tobacco "shag" however you can roll filters in them natural or menthol, I roll them with menthol filters if I can lay my hands on them, some maybe most roll the without filters

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
Welp, I'm moving to the Netherlands.

I wouldn't drink if cannabis was legal, it would impact my smoking habits as well.

Thing is, the alcohol and tobacco lobbyists here have fought legal cannabis harder than law enforcement.. That tells me all I need to know about the faux-benevolent nanny state.

aren't there a couple of states that legalized cannabis in the US? Then you would not have to travel that much

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Real tobacco is a medicine, one that people often abuse. Alcohol is actually a medicine too, and it is abused Same with Cannabis, it was a medicine too. All three of these can cause problems if overconsumed, even cannabis.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I smoke cigars, perfectly healthy. Big Arnie smokes them and he was like mr fitness/universe. They have to be good for you.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I smoke cigars, perfectly healthy. Big Arnie smokes them and he was like mr fitness/universe. They have to be good for you.

Yes, one becomes more intelligent with tobacco smoke, the long term memory becomes better, you remember more from the past, you have more data available

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Real tobacco is a medicine, one that people often abuse. Alcohol is actually a medicine too, and it is abused Same with Cannabis, it was a medicine too. All three of these can cause problems if overconsumed, even cannabis.

and what about caffeine? They want to ban that also, because children drink to much Red Bull (energy drink with high dose caffeine)

I'm hooked to tobacco and caffeine beverages by the way

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

You underestimate the size of Texas. You also underestimate the risk of driving 600+ miles for what I would at present consider a luxury. Texas license plates leaving Colorado? Might as well have a big red target painted on the roof of the car.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I roll my own and thanks to Mr Obama's First EO added a excise TAX on loose cigarette tobacco put me on pipe tobacco due to cheaper prices. Very strong cigarettes now. So now if you want to pay premium prices for regular filter cigarette tobacco you have a hard time finding it and pay a exuberant price for it also.

It's all basically crap the way taxpayers been treated over tobacco.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: galien8
www.nrc.nl...

There is perhaps more to say for the negative effects of alcohol because it also gives intoxication
Really?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Naturallywired

Smokers will have to wait for the general population to recognize that the slippery slop that smokers advised them of is now here. Everyone is a smoker now.

tobacco
alcohol
cannabis
illegal drugs
obesity
sugar
perfume

every one has something which makes their lives a little better and now everyone has become a target of the nanny state for fun and profit.

And they won't stop.....until we stop them.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
How about keep your damn hands off my cigarettes and alcohol .

I dont tell you how to live your lives dont tell me how to live mine .

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Pre-made cigs are the killers. Salt Peter to keep them burning, acetone in the filters, flavouring etc etc.

I roll my own...natural papers, gum arabic, and a ROACH made from rolled up paper.

I'm also trying hard to wean myself off tobacco.

Mother nature provides.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

That's where I find myself time after time explaining the difference between use and ABuse.

The guy who says "Oh I smoked 5 pounds a day, weed is bad man it screwed me up" is the guy who gets my goat... No buddy, YOU screwed you up.

I can honestly say that I ABuse alcohol. desperately trying to quit. But I won't go around telling people that alcohol should be illegal. Personal freedom involves personal choices. Can't have your choices taken away and still have freedom.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: galien8

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Yes, one becomes more intelligent with tobacco smoke, the long term memory becomes better, you remember more from the past, you have more data available

then we all get lung cancer and die.....

*spoken with a melancholy cadence*

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   

It seems that's the way things are going (with MJ gradually replacing tobacco's legal status at least.!)

Personally, I find it wrong and disturbing (and wasteful) that anything one can consume would be illegal, even if it is stupid to use. It's not governments place to decide. If someone wants to smoke tobacco, do drugs, drink diet pop, eat processed foods, etc., they should be allowed to.

Drunk driving should be illegal - it puts others in harm's way. Some guy eating mushrooms and dancing around his apartment in his tighty whiteys should be legal - if he's dancing through traffic on the highway - THAT should be illegal.

What these Big Brothers and those who support them don't get is that they don't own us, and alcohol, tobacco and drugs don't overwhelm everyone the way these control freaks think they do. People should do what thou wilt, as long as they don't violate others rights.

ETA: oh yeah, props for the Cohen vid!
edit on 3/25/2017 by dogstar23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
How about keep your damn hands off my cigarettes and alcohol .

I dont tell you how to live your lives dont tell me how to live mine .

Yep ... well said

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh

You underestimate the size of Texas. You also underestimate the risk of driving 600+ miles for what I would at present consider a luxury. Texas license plates leaving Colorado? Might as well have a big red target painted on the roof of the car.

Hitch Hike across the border :-D

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join