It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attraction purely based on talent

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
a reply to: Profusion

Dude. The moment you stop obsessing over finding "the one", and simply go on about your life, is the very moment she will walk into your life..

Yeah...then, like buses, two come along at once and a whole new crazy starts.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Women are attracted to men with status as part of the general attraction mix, and talent can be the factor that bestows status on a man. Men are attracted to qualities of femininity such as slenderness, youth and beauty.

Observing the outcomes of those participants in the sexual market place with actual market options will demonstrate these simple and universal truths.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Sapiophiles are attracted to intelligence, but talent can occur independently of intelligence. Consider idiot savants for example.
edit on 26-3-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

Sapiophiles are attracted to intelligence, but talent can occur independently of intelligence. Consider idiot savants for example.

Your other thread lead me to look at your previous work...

Do you know what "idiot savants" are known as by people who have a modicum of understanding rather than being entirely thoughless?

I'll give you a clue, it begins with an "a" and ends in "utistic"

But you dont need to concern yourself with them. After all they have no intelligence like you just stated.

See, other people's feelings. Try working on that perhaps. Or dont, and get all sore about it.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

originally posted by: Profusion

Your other thread lead me to look at your previous work...

Do you know what "idiot savants" are known as by people who have a modicum of understanding rather than being entirely thoughless?

I'll give you a clue, it begins with an "a" and ends in "utistic"

But you dont need to concern yourself with them. After all they have no intelligence like you just stated.

See, other people's feelings. Try working on that perhaps. Or dont, and get all sore about it.

The point I was making is that word sapiophile would not be appropriate to be applied to someone who was attracted to the talent of an idiot savant. That claim goes with the dictionary definition of idiot savant. Is it possible to be a sapiophile toward a mentally defective person? I don't think so. Also, there is not necessarily any link between being an idiot savant and being autistic.

idiot savant

a mentally defective person with an exceptional skill or talent in a special field, as a highly developed ability to play music or to solve complex mathematical problems mentally at great speed.

SOURCE

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Mentally defective. Good lord.

I think it's best i leave you to it!

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

Mentally defective. Good lord.

I think it's best i leave you to it!

How about the definition from Oxford Dictionaries? Whether you use the phrase "mentally defective" or "mentally handicapped", autism doesn't necessarily apply. You accused me of making "comments on autism" in another thread, and that was a total lie.

A person who is considered to be mentally handicapped but displays brilliance in a specific area, especially one involving memory.

SOURCE

edit on 26-3-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join