It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attraction purely based on talent

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I enjoy reading the comments to Donald Trump's tweets because I find them to be very entertaining. As a consequence, I developed a couple of crushes on women who regularly comment on Trump's tweets.

I was shocked that such a thing could happen. How could a crush develop based on short messages and an avatar?

I have only developed a crush on two women this way, so it was easy for me to deeply contemplate what was happening. In the last couple of days I looked at their Twitter pages.

One of them writes for a late-night TV show. She is as funny as can be and an amazing writer. It's easy to see how she's a professional joke writer because she writes in that style. There is a lot of talent to be attracted to there.

The other one describes herself as a graphic art enthusiast. Some of the art that she's posted as comments to Trump's tweets has been jaw-dropping. She's posted so much in many cases that I couldn't have imagined one person creating it all. It's been hilarious, it's been insightful, and it's been exquisite. She has posted more off-the-charts brilliant memes than anyone I've seen.

Does attraction based solely on talent exist? I believe it does.

I wonder if anyone could be attracted to my talent for starting annoying threads?

edit on 24-3-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

You need to stop being so horny.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

As if that's on my mind when I'm reading the comments to Trump's tweets.

I'm not horny at all. Attraction based on talent wouldn't be connected to horniness. It's not a sexual attraction. It's a cerebral attraction.
edit on 24-3-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Every new thread you fall in love with a new girl in a new way.. to each their own I guess..

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Dude. The moment you stop obsessing over finding "the one", and simply go on about your life, is the very moment she will walk into your life.

It's counterintuitive but true. Seriously. Take a break.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I've found that the more attracted I am to someone, the less of a chance I have with them. It is a pretty straightforward compass. I'm being stone-cold serious, not whining or anything like that - it's just something to think about. I find that I have a lot of luck with the ladies I'm *not* attracted to, possibly because I can keep my wits about me?
edit on 24pmFri, 24 Mar 2017 17:16:12 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Let me tell you something. That's how it begins. then you start pm'ing each other, flirting in various ways. the you become friends outside of this forum, maybe facebook. You fall in love with each other without seeing a real physical picture of each other. A year later , after exchanging pictures and skyping, you meet in person.

3 years later, you are married.

Happened to a friend of mine.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I'm not looking for a romantic relationship. I started reading the comments to Trump's tweets out of political interest. The furthest thing from my mind was romance...do you think I'm crazy?

By the way, I don't have a Twitter account, and I have no intention of having one.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Do you think you're crazy?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Don't knock it...
That's how I met my husband!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

do you think I'm crazy?

............................maybe

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I am a male. therefore...absolutely no way!!! And on top of everything else your avatar is so...SPRAY!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
My avatar may Look pretty, but I assure you I am male.

Sorry to let you down like this. No need to crush on me anymore
edit on 24/3/17 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Aaaaaand.... Sometimes you believe it's "the one", when it's not.

I agree that she will walk into your life at the most inopportune, most unexpected, possibly at the worst time... but if you're looking for it, you won't find it.

Go about life, don't try to "fit" the "perfect" person into a box in your head, or you'll probably miss the best chance you have at finding what you're REALLY looking for. People are usually not what they seem on the surface anyway, to really get to know someone, they have to know themselves. You're attraction in this case, is limerence. That is where most relationships start, and many end. Real love will most likely be very different than what you expect.

Enjoy the ride.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

We need to find you a woman.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Dude. The moment you stop obsessing over finding "the one", and simply go on about your life, is the very moment she will walk into your life.

It's counterintuitive but true. Seriously. Take a break.

Actually that is not true at all, but it sounds nice.

He actually is not and never will be looking for "the one" he wants to dream and hope more.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Persoanlly I like to limit my crushes to more substantial attributes, like physical appearance.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I have come to the conclusion your account is a joke/experiment. You did actually admit this months ago in a thread.

If I made a film about ATS posters you would feature.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
Does attraction based solely on talent exist? I believe it does.

Ever heard of 'groupies'?
Besides, everything exists!

I wonder if anyone could be attracted to my talent for starting annoying threads?

You can be sure, actually!
Odd, isn't it?
If one person is repelled/annoyed by your "annoying threads", there is another who is attracted!

"For every Perspective, there is an equal and opposite Perspective!" - First Law of Soul Dynamics

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
sapiophile

top topics

<<   2 >>

join