It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Healthcare Vote Withdrawn

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

So you are one that are willing to let people get sick and die, see my previous comments. Cash out and quit, who really cares, you are one that gets on and spouts crap about how bad you have it, I have one of my clients writing a 1 mil + check to the IRS tomorrow.

I have no control over who gets sick, why they get sick, and certainly have no responsibility for them when they do. If they die from that sickness I hope they RIP, but everyone is going to die. Regardless of what I do or how much of my wherewithal leftists try to confiscate from me, that person was going to die anyway.

Can you cite ANY Constitutional requirement that mandates the Federal government provide healthcare free of charge to US citizens?

Again, who's going to pay?

Nothing in the Constitution either about abortion or gay marriage, but every one of you right wingers want to end that. Our Constitution is a great document, but not perfect, given the Bill of Rights, and all of the amendments. A piece of hemp will not protect your freedoms, if you have no common sense, and our founding fathers knew that.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: SBMcG

Nothing? Your assertion is pure propaganda. The productive class, as I have already explained, are largely liberal.

I can gaurantee you that is a myth.

People who build business and employ people are overwhelmingly conservative.

Look at Barry Obama's voting demographic and get back to me.

Have you got a source for that, my three highest earning clients are all liberals, and 2/3rds of them are Jewish.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Oh wow a real bible wiz. All you are advocating for is force of legislation to what? make folks live a forced giving to the poor at the point of a sword? Full of crap is what you are. Out of your depth. Same sort of crap that forced taxes to pay for clergy before the day.

edit on 24-3-2017 by Logarock because: n

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

More bull crap off topic drift......away from the real issue.....tyranny dressed as pleading for the poor.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Nothing? Your assertion is pure propaganda. The productive class, as I have already explained, are largely liberal.

I can gaurantee you that is a myth.

People who build business and employ people are overwhelmingly conservative.

Look at Barry Obama's voting demographic and get back to me.

Have you got a source for that, my three highest earning clients are all liberals, and 2/3rds of them are Jewish.

I don't doubt you because as a demographic, leftists tend to be highly concentrated. You've seen the 2016 election map that's about 95% red.

My guess is that your "highest earning clients" are all in professions -- doctor, lawyer, CPA, etc... Not that it maters.

Again, I'm not going to break this down here because it's a side issue, but if you study the demographic of 2012 who voted for Obama, you will get what I'm talking about.
edit on 24-3-2017 by SBMcG because: Obama has no legacy other than failure.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: BubbaJoe

More bull crap off topic drift......away from the real issue.....tyranny dressed as pleading for the poor.

So you are one too that just thinks the poor should die?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Are you not familiar with the Bill of Rights?
I am.

Are you claiming that only the rights granted to US citizens are those in the Bill of Rights?

Amendment No 9, of the Bill of Rights:

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Can you tell me, in your own words, what you think that means?

edit on 3/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
I hope Trump does the obvious. The Dems wanted to keep Obamacare and apparently others did also. So...let it fail. Let it crash burn and don't lift a finger. Then, when it is gone...or worse...sit back and laugh.

You are so proud to be an American, that you are willing to let others get sick and die? People with no compassion truly amaze me.

Not only that, some claim to be church goers. Slightly contradictory huh?

Anyhoo. Here is the formula to solve this crap:
Remove the problem from being about tax, and point the finger at pharma and insurance companies that have caused this entire US debacle.

Step 1
-Legislate pharma, capping their markup on costs, force them to apply for approval on sale cap pricing at time of FDA approval. And/OR apply scaled % tax levies the higher their products outside regulated pricing.

Step 2
-Legislate Insurance companies, capping them. Apply scaled % tax levies the higher their premiums, forcing them to provide lower premiums to generate higher users paying lower fees.

Step 3
-Create an equal number of membership 'non for profit' insurance companies that function like a credit union. Creating competition to drive down costs.

Step 4
- Cap Tax at 2% towards healthcare, Pay the full .5 -2% (scaled to income) if want government care insurance and if you get private cover you get a .5-2% tax rebate (scaled to income) and depending on your level of coverage.

Stpe 5
-Remove companies paying for employee insurance once the premiums are capped and dropped through competition to drive up number of users individually affording healthcare. It's all just numbers, the current work paid insurance has less % of users than if you provide a system available to ALL individuals. Higher number of users create competition and drop premiums

You're Welcome America.

Zazz for Sec'y of Common Sense

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Basically those that make 50-500K a year think they have the world by the balls, and everyone else can just suck it. Been there, done that, it really doesn't work that way.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

We wouldn't have Medicare now if our constitution banned our government from providing it to the elderly.

Jesus...

Medicare is like welfare for the elderly poor. It is NOT a universal healthcare TAX like Barrycare. The one thing has nothing to do with the other -- they are totally different things.

The single-payer coverage the leftist thieves want would cost at least $1 trillion a year. That would have to be funded by new taxes. Most leftists who want universal coverage don't pay taxes. Get where this is going...?

It's never going to happen. Obama had to lie for months to get even the leftists in Congress to pass Barrycare. He said it wasn't a tax. Yet, when it went to the SCOTUS, the only way it could survive was for liar Obama to admit it was a tax.

While Jesus might save you from damnation, he isn't going to save your ass in this debate. Especially considering the frequency with which you choose to fling out insults and imaginary conclusions.

Those evil leftists you speak of are now and always have been calling for a "Medicare-For-All, single-payer, not-for-profit, Universal Healthcare System and regardless of the alternative facts that you offer as an argument against it, it will eventually come to pass.

When it does, seeing how this is America, you're free to pack your sh#t and hit the road just like you said you would.

I seriously doubt we'll miss you at all. I know that I won't.
edit on 24-3-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Oh wow a real bible wiz. All you are advocating for is force of legislation to what? make folks live a forced giving to the poor at the point of a sword? Full of crap is what you are. Out of your depth. Same sort of crap that forced taxes to pay for clergy before the day.

Apparently you did not read my post or were unable to comprehend it

edit on 24-3-2017 by zazzafrazz because: Added quote for posterity

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Are you not familiar with the Bill of Rights?
I am.

Are you claiming that only the rights which the government is specifically excluded from infringing upon are the only rights granted by the Constitution?

Amendment No 9, of the Bill of Rights:

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Can you tell me, in your own words, what that means?

That means personal rights not enumerated elsewhere in the Constitution, as long as they do not infringe upon the rights of others, shall not be denied.

Are you familiar with the 10th Amendment or are we going to have to go through that too?

As I have said 100 times or more here over the years, I have no problem with a state providing cradle-to-grave single-payer free healthcare to its citizens if that's the will of the people.

But there is no mechanism in the Constitution for the Federal government to do the same.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I'm sorry if the fact that I feel over-taxed already and that I have paid MUCH MORE than my fair share in the last 30 years upsets you.

The bottom line is that there is no Constitutional right to government-paid healthcare.

If that's what you want, you should petition your state government. They are completely within their rights under the Constitution to provide universal healthcare free of charge.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I'm sorry if the fact that I feel over-taxed already and that I have paid MUCH MORE than my fair share in the last 30 years upsets you.

The bottom line is that there is no Constitutional right to government-paid healthcare.

If that's what you want, you should petition your state government. They are completely within their rights under the Constitution to provide universal healthcare free of charge.

It is interesting how people figure their fair share, care to elaborate?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

That means personal rights not enumerated elsewhere in the Constitution, as long as they do not infringe upon the rights of others, shall not be denied.
No. It means that just because any particular right is mentioned (enumerated) in the Constitution, any other right which is not mentioned is lessened or does not exist.

You said this:

Healthcare is not a right granted by the Constitution.
Which is irrelevant.

The Constitution says nothing about marriage. Does that mean that marriage is not a right?

Are you familiar with the 10th Amendment or are we going to have to go through that too?
I am familiar with it. It says that the US Government cannot intefere in states laws unless those laws conflict with the Constitution.

But there is no mechanism in the Constitution for the Federal government to do the same.
Except, of course, for the powers granted to Congress to make laws.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I would too, but I get my care from the VA, so I am used to the system. I get excellent care, see them a couple of times a year, and rarely receive a bill.

Same here. I haven't dealt with Obamacare at all, because I go through the VA, and the VA hospital where I live is great.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

While we may not currently enjoy a constitutional right to healthcare, we also don't have any constitutional stipulations prohibiting it, except for those that exist within the confines of your imagination.

White that in mind and knowing that the larger the pool of beneficiaries, the lower the per capita cost to cover them, I think I'll just continue to petition for universal healthcare at the federal level.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No. It means that just because any particular right is mentioned (enumerated) in the Constitution, any other right which is not mentioned is lessened or does not exist.

You said this:

Healthcare is not a right granted by the Constitution.
Which is irrelevant.

The Constitution says nothing about marriage. Does that mean that marriage is not a right?

I am familiar with it. It says that the US Government cannot intefere in states laws unless those laws conflict with the Constitution.

Except, of course, for the powers granted to Congress to make laws.

Wrong.

My definition of the 9th was spot on. Your interpretation is very close to my mine. I was completely correct.

Marriage is NOT a "right" granted by the Constitution. It is a social contract one is free to pursue on their own.

And once again, you are wrong on the 10th. The 10th Amendment gives states any and all authority not granted or limited by the Constitution. In other words, if a state wants to make a "right" healthcare, marriage, or anything else not specified in the Constitution as a right, they can do that as long as it does not conflict with the Constitution.

What is your point? Get to it for once.

edit on 24-3-2017 by SBMcG because: Obama was a miserable failure.

edit on 24-3-2017 by SBMcG because: Bill Clinton's wife is involved Pizzagate. Ask Carlos Wiener.

link   
dp
edit on 24-3-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

link   
opps triple post sorry
edit on 24-3-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join