It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort's Daughter's Hacked Texts: "You know he has killed people in Ukraine? Knowingly?"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
There's a lot of ground to cover when discussing recent relevations about notorious political operative Paul Manafort. So much material that I've been mulling over how best to present it. I decided to break it up over a few threads that could be referenced in later OPs. As the title suggests, this OP will focus on the release of hacked text messages from the iPhone of one of his two daughters.

Almost one month ago exactly, news broke of an apparent attempt to blackmail Manafort. The would be blackmailer sought to contact Manafort through his daughter. To refresh your memories:

Manafort faced blackmail attempt, hacks suggest

The undated communications, which are allegedly from the iPhone of Manafort’s daughter, include a text that appears to come from a Ukrainian parliamentarian named Serhiy Leshchenko, seeking to reach her father, in which he claims to have politically damaging information about both Manafort and Trump.

Attached to the text is a note to Paul Manafort referring to “bulletproof” evidence related to Manafort’s financial arrangement with Ukraine’s former president, the pro-Russian strongman Viktor Yanukovych, as well as an alleged 2012 meeting between Trump and a close Yanukovych associate named Serhiy Tulub.

The hacked correspondence from his daughter’s phone, much of which is unrelated to Paul Manafort’s work, appears to have first surfaced a couple of weeks ago in an anonymous post on a so-called darknet website run by a hacktivist collective.

While the post hints in its introductory text that the hacker or hackers have additional information on Manafort, it includes only a handful of screenshots of texts from Manafort’s daughter’s cellphone, as well as some data files that appear to be related to the texts.

While Manafort has denied the allegations made by the blackmailer, he curiously confirmed the authenticity of the text themselves — a move that I personally found quite surprising:

However, Manafort did confirm the authenticity of the texts hacked from his daughter’s phone. And he added that, before the texts were sent to his daughter, he had received similar texts to his own phone number from the same address appearing to be affiliated with Leshchenko.

Surprisingly, this release wasn't discussed in any detail on ATS. After a little digging, I was able to track down the .onion site (Tor) where the anonymous hacker(s) posted download links to the relevant archives. Here's the accompanying text:

We transmit today on behalf of those who were screwed by the Trump’s politics and his rotations within the federal government.
New federal agents that were assigned cybercrime cases that we have been investigating started to leak our valuable assests worldwide
all due to Trump’s pay-off to Russian government for the services he’s been receiving during the Election campaign. Look whats’ happening
the federal CIs including “Shaltay Boltay” arrested and no public benefit or protection promissed to them ever served.
So this message is brought to you as a Warning and this is just a start.

Today we leak illegal TESUR on Manafort Clan, along with all the evidences of ongoing corruption within Trump’s team.

We have managed to hide the main stash of TESUR from the Russian Federal Gov including Ukrainian government who are in the same boat with
Trumps reptilian aggressive politics.

IT’s the end of democracy as we know it. Age of Kali is at its apogee.

Inside you will get a preview of Manafort’s personal life, sexual abuse, corruption, moneylaundering etc/etc/

I won't be posting any links. Anyone determined to find the material will find it. The post contained embedded images which were also part of one of the two archives. Among them, the aforementioned blackmailer's messages and messages which appear to be about and to a woman with whom Manafort is/was having an affair:

(larger)
(larger)

The second archive released by the hacker(s) contained a single file, sms.db, the database storing messages for the iPhone Messages app. It's an SQLite database containing about 300k text messages spanning several years. The majority of the messages are everyday communications between her and her friends and family that have no bearing on her father's dealings. Then there are others that appear to show a woman struggling with her feelings concerning her own father's lack of morals and some that just give an interesting peek into her father's relationship with Trump.

Some of these were covered by a handful of media outlets in the week after the relevations of the blackmail attempt.

NY Daily News - Ex-Trump aide Paul Manafort's daughters had concerns over dad's Ukrainian 'blood money'

In one March 2015 hacked text reported on, the sisters suggest their dad's payment from Yanukovych amounted to "blood money" after protesters were killed by police officers loyal to the politician.

"Don't fool yourself," Andrea Manafort, 31, wrote. "That money we have is blood money."

Andrea Manafort later texted someone else that her father's "work and payment in Ukraine is legally questionable."

Politico - Manafort’s Ukrainian ‘blood money’ caused qualms, hack suggests

In one exchange, daughter Jessica Manafort writes “Im not a trump supporter but i am still proud of dad tho. He is the best at what he does.” Her sister Andrea Manafort responded by referring to their father’s relationship with Trump as “The most dangerous friendship in America,” while in another exchange she called them “a perfect pair” of “power-hungry egomaniacs,” and asserted “the only reason my dad is doing this campaign is for sport. He likes the challenge. It's like an egomaniac's chess game. There's no money motivation.”

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'm going to share with you a bit more than media. If anyone finds themselves looking at an iPhone Messages database, the timestamps are similar to Unix Epoch time except it's seconds since 2001-01-01 00:00:00 UTC. The following is part of an exchange between Manfort's daughters Andrea and Jessica. The pair spend some time talking about a gift of $4 million dollars given to Andrea and the funding of a movie made by Jessica by their father. It sounds like a fairly innocuous conversation between the daughters of a rich man who tries to control his family with money right up until it takes a turn for the public interest:

2015-03-31 16:43:38 (Andrea) - Yes well just bc he feels something doesn't make it so
2015-03-31 16:43:51 (Andrea) - He also felt he had a right to sexually assault mom
2015-03-31 16:44:02 (Andrea) - He has no moral or legal compass
2015-03-31 16:44:15 (Andrea) - You know he has killed people in Ukraine? Knowingly
2015-03-31 16:45:26 (Jessica) - What?!
2015-03-31 16:45:30 (Jessica) - No
2015-03-31 16:45:48 (Andrea) - Yup
2015-03-31 16:46:13 (Andrea) - Remember when there were all those deaths taking place? A while back. About a year ago
2015-03-31 16:46:17 (Andrea) - Revolts and what not
2015-03-31 16:46:34 (Andrea) - Do you know whose strategy that was to cause that
2015-03-31 16:46:42 (Andrea) - To send those people out and get them slaughtered.
2015-03-31 16:46:53 (Andrea) - As a tactic to outrage the world and get focus on Ukraine.
2015-03-31 16:47:32 (Andrea) - Don't fool yourself. That money we have is blood money
2015-03-31 16:48:35 (Andrea) - I don't advise raising it with him. He lies like a rug and gets realllll pissed off. But it's true. He thinks I don't remember
2015-03-31 16:55:21 (Andrea) - But I was there when it happened
2015-03-31 16:55:28 (Andrea) - I saw him on his shady email
2015-03-31 16:55:34 (Jessica) - ??
2015-03-31 16:55:46 (Andrea) - They don't write emails. They log on and write in the drafts
2015-03-31 16:56:05 (Andrea) - So it's never transmitted over any servers.
2015-03-31 16:56:17 (Andrea) - I'm sure that's why he had an act with dre
2015-03-31 16:56:29 (Andrea) - To do the same thing. Less of a trail

Shocked? That's perhaps the single most revealing exchange but there's other nuggets throughout. There are 269 texts containing the word "Trump." Many of the earliest of them are in relation to Trump Tower, where Manafort and his wife Kathleen have had an apartment for years. There's an exchange about how Manafort and Trump are constantly going up and down the elevators of Trump tower to plot that I thought was interesting. Others are just friends commenting about Manafort joining the Trump Team/working for Trump.

Here's some more at random. I won't attempt to identify the other party but I will note sent/received:

2016-04-12 14:45:23 (sent) - My dad is trumps right hand man right now and will be thru November. But he won't accept any position in the White House so his leverage will diminish at that point (assuming trump wins)

2016-04-13 11:03:32 (sent) - My dad isn't getting paid for trump
2016-04-13 11:03:49 (sent) - Trump is only covering expenses
2016-04-13 11:05:20 (sent) - And my dad wants trump to listen to him and respect him. View him as an equal, not as staff
2016-04-13 11:05:34 (sent) - And makes it clear to trump why my dad is doing it. Bc he wants to

2016-04-26 23:38:17 (sent) - Dad said theres a chance Kasich will be asked to be Trump VP
2016-04-26 23:41:03 (sent) - And then he will pledge his delegates to trump

2016-05-19 17:27:01 (sent) - And then Corey went to trumps son in law, Ivankas husband and burst into tears about how that would ruin him

2016-05-26 18:32:35 (received) - It's not an effort to help the campaign. My dad works for Lockheed Martin and they want to essentially let trumps transition team know that they're ready available and happy to provide info abt defense acquisition and sustainment. So to discuss policy. But they can't reach out to trumps team- the team would have to reach out to them. So I've got an email w info that would be amazing if passed on to the right people

2016-08-19 12:47:39 (sent) - I know he's been toying around w resigning for a while Bc trump has been driving him crazy

There's been no further release by the hacker(s) nor any details about how Andrea Manafort's iPhone was hacked. I imagine that she was targetted specifically, quite possibly by a state-sponsored attacker.

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
lol, youre so funny.

So you admit that the texts were hacked....then you assume that though they were hacked, that they were not tampered with AT ALL???

wait....weren't trump haters alleging we couldnt trust the Podesta and DNC emails becaue they were hacked and possibly tampered with?

smh

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
And ... if I remember correctly this was Trump's Campaign Manager?

Right?

ETA: Well, one of three or four? How many was it?

Manafort was April through August though, right?

Did anything significant happen during that time?
edit on 24-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Paul Manafort joined the campaign in late April. He asserted himself and pushed Lewandowski out and became the campaign chief until his resignation in mid-late August when the stories about his name appearing in a pay-off ledger in Ukraine hit the news.

Manafort has been involved in more high profile GOP campaigns than probably any living person. He's also worked for more despots and done more dirt than probably anyone else. In the 80's, his firm (with Trump pal, Roger Stone) was hugely influential. He also admitted in testimony surrounding the HUD scandal that he sold influence.

Most recently, he spent about a decade in the employ of deposed Ukrainian despot and Putin-pal, Viktor Yanukovych (who was rescued from Ukraine as he was ousted and whisked off to Russia by Putin). He's got fresh allegations of corruption coming out Ukraine as of this week.

I'd also say that if anyone from Trump's team was under surveillance at Trump Tower, it would be Manafort who as I note, has an apartment there.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well....this is interesting.

I also find it interesting he denied the truth of them, but not their existence. I wonder if he has a clue as to the kind of stupid things is daughter admits to via text?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tribal
lol, youre so funny.

So you admit that the texts were hacked....then you assume that though they were hacked, that they were not tampered with AT ALL???

wait....weren't trump haters alleging we couldnt trust the Podesta and DNC emails becaue they were hacked and possibly tampered with?

smh

However, Manafort did confirm the authenticity of the texts hacked from his daughter’s phone.

So you just ignored this part and went with whatever would gain you the most stars?

Clever.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

lol, youre so funny.

smh

Did that stop you from trusting them? No? Then what's your point exactly? That you're a hypocrite? Because I know I wasn't the one calling their authenticity into question. (the DNC/Podesta emails)

Also, as I noted in the OP, Manafort confirmed the authenticity of at least some the most important texts.
edit on 2017-3-24 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I wonder if he has a clue as to the kind of stupid things is daughter admits to via text?

Yep. Sounds like she had an axe to grind with her dad.

The sexual assault bit peaked my interest.

This guy is dirty. We already knew that but this is detailed.

So sad.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This is sad and sick. It's the man's kids for FFS. Why is it fair game? Why exploit for political gain? This world is so #ed.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I read through quite a few of them and it seems like she's very conflicted about her father. She notes a number of times that he's got no morals and is a master manipulator:

2016-04-07 00:25:27 (sent) - Trump probably has more morals than my dad

2016-04-07 00:33:40 (sent) - Trump waited a little too long in my opinion but I can attest to the fact that he has now hired one of the world's greatest manipulators

This one is particular yikes:

2015-05-13 12:02:38 (sent) I know my dad is a horrible and moral-less human. Total selfish sociopath. I don't ever fool myself or forget. He is a master manipulator

but at the same time in other texts, it's clear that she loves her family and that includes her father. It's pretty sad really.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I think we can expect that what is and is not truth will blur so much that no one will know, they will only believe. We will end up where truth will be a religion. We are coming there now.

THe probable deniability for Trump: Dark Matter

And i'd like to not believe it possible.....but apparently it is.

Long story short: it sucks that Trump may be a very, very bad man that is unimpeachable due to our government being far, far worse.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

As usual, you're right on target.

Good thread!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

I wonder if he has a clue as to the kind of stupid things is daughter admits to via text?

Yep. Sounds like she had an axe to grind with her dad.

The sexual assault bit peaked my interest.

This guy is dirty. We already knew that but this is detailed.

So sad.

We will have to see if she suports that. Wikileaks just showed us today how the CIA can gain persistant access to any Apple device, with all IPhones since 2008 coming equipped with their suite.

Allegations of spousal rape are inflammatory almost as much as molestation.

I don't know what to believe anymore. I really don't. I don't think anyone would e stupid enough to admit murder over their cell phone.

I don't think these people are good people. I just think far, far worse people have the means, motive, and opportunity to do bad things to them. The world we live in....you can't know anything anymore. You can only believe.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
The world we live in....you can't know anything anymore. You can only believe.

That is what those that are working against the common good have been working so hard to achieve.

Welcome back to the Dark Ages.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

lol, youre so funny.

smh

Hopefully you'll stop shaking your head and lol'ing to note that tiny little tidbit about how they were confirmed to be authentic.

I know others have pointed that out to you already, but maybe if you see it repeated often enough it'll sink in. You almost would've been better off coming up with some half-assed notion about how he only confirmed them due to pressure from some shadow government/Obama/Barron Trump/Clinton/Vatican conspiracy.

Almost.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Lost my interest at "allegedly" lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
This is sad and sick. It's the man's kids for FFS. Why is it fair game? Why exploit for political gain? This world is so #ed.

I was on the fence about posting some of this actually. I had a whole slew of messages typed up (all relating to her father and Trump) but at the last minute I cut them from the post because I didn't feel that they served enough public interest to justify posting.

I don't see exposing Manafort as being simply an issue of political gain. The man has committed crimes on at least three continents (probably four as he also represented some Africa warlords in the 80's) and some of those crimes have resulted in innocent people (and less than innocent people) being murdered. He has enabled despots, facilitated corruption, he is a liar, he is by some accounts a thief, and according to his own daughter, he's quite possibly a murderer.

There's also the ongoing issue of whether or not he colluded with Russia to the benefit of the Trump campaign which is arguably treason.

That's beyond politics.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I agree with you on all points...

But this...

I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to admit murder over their cell phone.

...you'd be surprised by the stupid sh*t some people will say over the phone.
Even more so when talking to family.

I've hung up on people before for doing it...
I don't need no red flag alert tapping my phone.

Thankfully the phone makes a weird noise when that happens.
But I still hang up.

Not that I 100% believe it, could easily have been planted among truthful texts.

But with the type of person Manafort is, it's a 50:50 really.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
The world we live in....you can't know anything anymore. You can only believe.

That is what those that are working against the common good have been working so hard to achieve.

Welcome back to the Dark Ages.

I think that we have been there since Eisenhower was the POTUS. JMHO

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join