It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Approves Keystone XL Pipeline

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Let me guess.

States' rights are suddenly important today?

I really don't know much about your politics, so this isn't necessarily directed at you, but I do find it amusing that the CTRL-Left will use state sovereignty (what's left of it) to stop this thing.

And I do think it should be stopped.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: quercusrex

As stated, there are vegetable-based alternatives, not to mentiion SYNTHETICS! Ever hear of silicon/silicone or silicon-based lubricants? /smh

BTW, I starred AND flagged the OP, so what's your #ing beef with me?!

edit on 3/24/2017 by WAstateMosin because: my biz

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: WAstateMosin

No beef. Just stating that bio-plastics are a viable replacement for a very small section of petro based plastics.

Synthetic non petro lubricants are great but also are only capable of replaceing a tiny fraction of petroleum products overall.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I find it disturbing (though not surprising) that Trump thought all he had to do was sign something.

edit on 3/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It's all been bought and paid for it's time to get er done!!!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
I am wondering if there is even a point to correcting the inaccurate posters anymore?

Nope, there is not.

Nope. Can't fix stupid.

I say let those that don't like fossil fuels live fossil fuel free. Put their words into action instead of making posts that make them look like they failed kindergarten and dropped out.

North American energy independence should be a priority, for far too long we've been at the mercy of OPEC. The SJW's wanna protest something? Go find a Saudi tanker.

There is no chinese steel in the pipe the oil will flow thru for one thing.

Welspun - Little Rock, Arkansas, USA 332,800 tons 50%
Evraz – Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada 156,266 tons 24%
ILVA – Italy 103,147 tons 16%
Welspun - India 69,457 tons 10%

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: NthOther

I find it disturbing (though not surprising) that Trump thought all he had to do was sign something.

With Rex around, he should have good advice with regards to the energy sector right?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
But what about the childrens drinking water!

This pipeline is unprecedented!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Mark 1 more for idiot America.

How is the pipeline good for us?

Will it bring long term jobs? NO!!!

Will it lower our fuel costs? NO!!!

Will it endanger our drinking water? YES!!!

Good for a few rich bastards, but bad for the US citizens.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Yeah, even looking at it in a pros and cons type of way, I don't see any benefit, or very little benefit.

Very few jobs, no oil for us, more chance of pollution, taking land from farmers and indigenous people, making Canadian oil companies rich. Where's the benefit?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

If that pipeline was good for a country then Canada would have let them run it to a port in their country.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: amazing

If that pipeline was good for a country then Canada would have let them run it to a port in their country.

Canada doesn't have the capacity to refine the bitumen, US Gulf refineries do. Double handling the materials (pipeline to tanker to refinery versus pipeline straight to refinery) increases the costs and will raise prices. Also at play: BC ports aren't equipped for that additional tanker activity and are more at the mercy of the weather... a pipeline from source to refinery doesn't worry about either. The final piece of the puzzle is found in the fact that a quarter of the design capacity of the pipeline is intended to transport crude from North Dakota's huge reserve.

It's a good project, has followed the proper environmental protocols, and should be constructed.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Yeah, even looking at it in a pros and cons type of way, I don't see any benefit, or very little benefit.

Very few jobs, no oil for us, more chance of pollution, taking land from farmers and indigenous people, making Canadian oil companies rich. Where's the benefit?

I can't understand how people with no understanding of a topic think they can weigh the pros and cons.

I'll not even speak to the topic of jobs, you won't listen anyways.

Taking land from farmers?

How many pipelines do you notice when you drive around.

Unlike a wind farm, a pipeline is buried beneath the ground, farmers will be seeding right over top of it after construction is done.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

The real threat to the water supply and public safety comes from unhinged eco-terrorists.

Vandals sought for burning holes in pipeline as Dakota Access poised to flow oil this week
www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

How is the pipeline good for us?
North American energy independence is a good thing, do you not agree?

Will it bring long term jobs?
Refining 500,000 barrels of crude a day requires workers.

Will it lower our fuel costs?
Why would anything except the price of oil, which is sold on a world market, lower fuel prices? Your expectations are unreasonable.

Will it endanger our drinking water?
How high is the risk? Planes crash people still fly. Guessing you are in favor of importing oil from other continents.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

The pipeline does nothing for our energy independence in fact once the pipeline is built it will eliminate more jobs than we have currently transporting the oil. Maybe you didn't know the pipeline is being run to the coast so they can export the oil. Canada will not let them build one through their own country due to the risk so they will pass that risk to the US like we are a third world nation.

As far as the risk it is a definite that at some point there will be a spill right over our fresh water aquifers. It isn't a if it is when especially with the company with one of the worst track records in oil spills.

There is no real benefit to the US with the pipeline. There will be some short term jobs opened, but in the long run it will hurt the US.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

well said i heard there are only 36 permanent jobs, the oil will not be used by americans or even touches by americans, its canadian oil and it is dirty oil on top of that making the consequence of an accident much more severe.

it brings no real job growth in the long run, and the risk of just operating is ridiculous. we basically built a sewer pipe at the expense of the nation's environmental security, that will only result in the temporary employment of about a couple thousand workers. sounds like a bad deal gone down to me, considering parts of Michigan have no running water, i would have started there if i was a smart president. if only there was...
edit on 25-3-2017 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2017 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Canada will not let them build one through their own country due to the risk so they will pass that risk to the US like we are a third world nation.

Is that right eh?
Guess you've never heard of Enbridges 300,000 bbl/day TransMountain pipeline, or it's recent approval by the Canadian Govt. to expand to 890,000 barrels a day.
It's the other way around, Canada doesn't need US refining capacity, they can sell their crude oil to China.

There will be some short term jobs opened, but in the long run it will hurt the US.

Yea, cause hundreds of thousands of barrels of crude oil miraculously self refine themselves, and the resulting products, wherever they are sold, have no value added for the American economy.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Canada will not let them build one through their own country due to the risk so they will pass that risk to the US like we are a third world nation.

Is that right eh?
Guess you've never heard of Enbridges 300,000 bbl/day TransMountain pipeline, or it's recent approval by the Canadian Govt. to expand to 890,000 barrels a day.
It's the other way around, Canada doesn't need US refining capacity, they can sell their crude oil to China.

btw, where do you think the Keystone originates in if you say that Canada won't let them build in their own country, do you think the oil teleports itself to the US border?

There will be some short term jobs opened, but in the long run it will hurt the US.

Yea, cause hundreds of thousands of barrels of crude oil miraculously self refine themselves, and the resulting products, wherever they are sold, have no value added for the American economy.
edit on 25-3-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Did I claim there are no pipeline through Canada? The answer is no.

The have denied TransCanada pipeline which why they are running it through the US.

Answer this, How mush oil are they going to refine in the US from The Keystone? And as far as I know they are not adding any new jobs to refine the oil since those refineries are already working full time. The keystone is pumping oil to our coast so they can export it from Canada to a port in the US to leave the US. U.S. Refiners don't care if Keystone gets built.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join