It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slartibartfaster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Hi Guys,
I'd just like to inform you that the fjords are still there. Well done, you haven't blown them up yet.
There's stuff going on that I can't tell you about because that would break the tos or something, which is apparently a bit naughty.
There's wiggly red line below the letters tos, there it is again. Presumably just to emphasize how naughty it is.
You have a strange planet going on here. Still, third time lucky eh!
I'm the kind of guy that doesn't get out much and has no online presence. I also have no mates as I had to let them go on account of a project I've been working on for the last decade, half of which was unknowingly. It's not something I could talk about as it's Above Top Secret and I used to be a bit of a chatterbox, so no mates it is.
The project which I can't talk about due to the red wiggly line, has led to an eBook, which I also can't talk about due to the aforementioned red thing, which is sitting in the Internet wilderness wondering what to do next. Not the red thing, the book.
I've spent quite a long lifetime learning about a lot of the stuff this and other sites are about. And I have searched for the Reason for the answer to the question of Life the Universe and Everything along that road. And guess what. I found it, and what's more it proves itself. It's hidden away in lots of places which obviously I can't talk about due to the red wiggly.... let's call it ... worm. I wonder if it will be my friend!
If you are confused, Well Done, it's a very good place to start. I was there myself once.
PS. As I said I don't do this social media, forum stuff, so where's the search button?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Slartibartfaster

Hi and welcome to ATS. You'll find the Search button disguised as a magnifying glass in the upper right hand corner of your screen, at the end of the line with the blue Twitter bird and the Facebook logo.

Se ya around the boards!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS red wriggly worm dude!

We actually disguised the Fjords as fnords just for that very purpose: to keep them from being blown up!

But don't tell anybody!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Interesting intro..

Search Button to your right.

Have a nice day.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

so where's the search button?

Don't Panic!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS and i feel the need to help you with your Vogon poetry.

As a crimpled dumfudge I can tell you that scrum said it best when he said ' a booglestew is only as rigid as the crumpet he offered to waltz to.' Where's my mouse gloff flaggit? You bet it is. A monkey or two?

All leg gnawing jokes aside, welcome to the crazy train, the tickets are free.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I want more Fjords!
Macro Fjords and Micro Fjords!
A Fjord for every man woman and child!

Welcome.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Cool,
thanks for the responses guys, it's nice to know I exist. I was a bit curious about that.
And for the search button. I'd tried the magnifier previously but it showed web page links, but I tried again and, ahaaah, scroll down. How planet earth is that.
Quite liked the Vogon poetry, the underlying metaphor was sublime. I'll send it to head office, perhaps they'll send a ship, so keep your towel ready.
Head Office has moved by the way. It's now been transferred to the planet of the steam people in the constellation Ophiuchus, 42 light years away. Free pyramids to anyone who can get there in ten minutes, but don't go to the contrary continent because their pyramids are crap.
If you don't believe me that's called common sense, but please check out the Ophiuchus wikipedia page before you finalise that thought.
Ophiuchus by the way is sooooo important in the 42 scheme of things. Not because of the steam people, Marvins been there and he says they're simply awful, but because of something completely different which I might be able to mention without in any way connecting it to the eBook, which I'm not going to mention.
The red wiggly worm isn't a threat you'll be glad to hear, it's a typo. I've been metaphorically off planet for a while so I'm just getting to grips with stuff.
Sorry I can't do any more Fnords, I'm barred.
And as for Don't Panic, I'm a bit corporal Jones on that for some Reason.
There's even a Reason for the word Reason to have a capital letter.
Douglas Adams knew that, for some Reason!
I know.
But it will all make sense in the end.
As you've no doubt guessed, the HHGG has been a big part of my life for years now.
The man was a genius.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Innovate intro...I really enjoyed that. In real life my surname is Frood and I have sometimes wondered why Douglas Adams chose that name and why we are 'hoopy'.

edit on 25-3-2017 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Hi guys,
I have a couple of questions.
I'd really like to start a thread and do a quiz, kind of.
About the Reason for the ultimate answer to "Life, the Universe and Everything"
aka 42.
Apparently the Hubble Constant averages out to be 42. But enough about science.
What do they know.
I have to do three posts for some Reason, but I'm not into hard labour so hopefully a few of these typing thingy's will do.
Goddam American spell checker squiggly wormed my spelling of labour, there it is again.
Bah humbug and all that jazz. Bah humbug and thingy's is fine, but Labour is squigglyworm, as is squigglyworm.
What a planet. Screw you guys, I'm getting my towel.
But before I jump planet I probably do have an answer to the Reason for the use of the name Slartibartfast in the guide, and perhaps even for hoopy frood, though that's not one I've looked at before. It appears to follow the eightfold path for some Reason!
I'm glad we cleared that up.
I'm off to see if I need to do two posts or not.
PS. What happened to that really weird introduction that appeared last night. It's gone and gone?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Hello again,
if I was a door I'd be glad to be of service, though if I was a trapdoor you might think differently.
If you haven't read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (HHGG) you might be confused.
That's normal, and perfectly in tune with what passes for reality.
Apparently I have two posts before I can stop fencing and do a thread of my own, but I also read things about 20 replies so I might be a bit stymied if that's true.
And there's a strange black box with a V cut out of the bottom next to my name. I have no idea what that means. Is it a trapdoor or something?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Ok, last post before I can do a new topic apparently.
So I'll have a go and see if I can get one started.
I've just realized it's Saturday night though, so it's probably quiet on the forums.
And there's no point doing a quiz, or question and answer session if there's nobody to respond.
Now where do I start a HHGG topic?

top topics

join