It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare is a joke.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Nobody is interested in the solution..that solution is single payer.
Yes I'm oversimplifying but you get the gist.
edit on 24-3-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: network dude

Its worth pointing out, that if they are going to pass ANYTHING, just to say that they have replaced the ACA, then they are more interested in appearances than results, which means that they are worthless to the society they serve.

As with all legislation, there will be WINNERS and LOSERS in society. In the case of the AHCA, the losers will be the relatively poor (Individual earning under $22,000 a year income). The WINNERS will be everyone else.

That's not true!

People on Medicaid, (those who pay nothing) have better health care than those on Medicare, (paid for)! It's the middle class who are suffering under the ACA who have a deductible of 5k (that's $5000 out of pocket BEFORE Insurance pays a dime) who are suffering the most!

Bottom line, the ACA royally screwed the working class, and the plan Paul Ryan is offering up will, continue driving the screw further into the flesh till those struggling to afford healthcare bleed out......

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Ah, you mean the people who need the least help, get the most help?

That is both unfortunate and predictable.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: carewemust

If 24 million people lost health insurance, less people would be insured pre-ACA. If you think merely JUST the poor will suffer under this draconian bill, then you are foolish or you don't understand math.

The poor always get screwed. That's why they're poor.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I wish it was type 2 diabetes! Congratulations on curing yourself! There are other procedures for type 2 diabetics (gastric band) that should be covered by medical insurance 100%! It would greatly reduce our medical costs!

I have type 1 diabetes. Diet will not fix this one. I have tried every diet under the sun (Including fasting with just WATER for up to a week). I still have to take their rDNA origin (genetically modified cells that mimic half of the activity of natural human pro-insulin. It lacks the C-Peptide, which is what prevents the complications of diabetes (better than sugar control in medical studies) and also contributes to low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) awareness. Even if they could make a synthetic Pro-Insulin (like the pancreas makes naturally) it would make diabetes MUCH easier for autoimmune type 1's to manage. Hell, it might even cure the damned disease by "allowing" the autoimmune immune cells (defective T cells and cytokines to "see" that the product of the pancreas is a thing that helps. At the very least, it would keep people from getting complications who do strive for "good" control (a1c less than 7.0).

There are a number of companies working with biocompatible cell hubs that will house islet cells, which may have to be replenished if the type 1's immune system kills the cells. There are test methods that can reverse the diabetes, but they are still having to administer anti-rejection drugs (which are almost as bad on your body as having uncontrolled diabetes!).
I know there is research in the pipeline that COULD make the disease cost a lot less for people (and the part that the gov't. subsidizes as well). If we were to see this happen with things like diabetes, cancer, heart disease, and the rest of the autoimmune diseases (MS, Chron's, etc., etc....), costs would greatly be reduced (less ER visits for emergencies with diabetes, and MUCH LESS on remedial measures).

Unless what I have said in the above paragraph happens, there will be mounting healthcare problems that will be ever-growing in the USA. Last time I checked, the USA was 40th in average health level of its citizens (per-capita). I would at least like to see the researchers and lawmakers get it into the top 10 again!!!!
edit on 3/24/2017 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Yes. Yes. True, but my point is that it won't be merely just hte poor getting screwed here. The AHCA is a royal, lube-less screwing for everyone who isn't in the 1% or a health insurance lobbyist.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I agree with the author of the thread. I know another member posted a thread about how the American healthcare system is a complete SCAM! The truth is, there has been research in the pipelines for years that would reduce healthcare costs by 66% on average to the consumer, and the gov't.! If you don't have diabetes, you don't have complications. If you can get rid of heart disease in a healthy way, you don't need a STENT to fix a clog in an artery! If you don't have cancer, there is no tumor to cut and burn out with radiation! My theory is that the adjuvents and excitotoxins in vaccines are a strong contributor to autoimmune disease. Just see Dr. Blaylock (neurosurgeon) for more info on that.

The point is that if some of the more advanced research that has been proven to POSSIBLY work in pre-clinical trials were approved faster, and if they worked-it would fix the cost by fixing the problem.

I'm sick and tired of seeing drug advertisements when I go to somewhere there is a television, whether it is sports channels or Faux News channel, Clinton News Network,etc. that say "Possible side effects are #$(@%($%*#, #$($#, etc., etc., etc.. Don't "treat" the problem with a "death pill". Fix it from the ground up!

If you took your car to the mechanic, and he fixed one thing, but rigged something else to fail
would you ever be going to that mechanic again

The problem is we have to "live" with the side effects = death, based on what TPTB (effdeeaaa!!!) will let us die in a way that is "more comfortable" and profitable to BOTH (Big-Pharma, and the other one I mentioned!).

I want to go to the mechanic for my body that will fix the problem from the source, and that's where medicine SHOULD be, with all of our technical knowledge!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

i actually wrote to EVERY email address i could find for Trump after he was elected and told him this very thing. I have also been on some serious tweet storms against Alex Jones, Trump and others saying this. Its a bone headedly simple solution and its OBVIOUS.

At this point, if its not done i can only imagine the reason is because there are some very powerful lobbies that have told Trump he cant do it or they will make his life very difficult.....the prison industrial complex, the cotton lobby, the alcohol lobby, the corn lobby, and of course, big pharma.

I'm hoping Tulsi Gabbards HR1227 will shine a light on the criminal complicity in DC keeping this miracle plant from the people.

Gabbard 2020!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Yep, I wish it would just go back to the way it was before Obamacare at a minimum. I'm just tired of paying ridiculous prices to never even use it and if I do I have to pay ridiculous deductibles.

You seem like a really smart person and you have important things to say. However, if you study the cost of healthcare premiums over the last 30 years, there has been about a 20% increase every year. About every five years the cost of a premium doubles. Before and after the ACA was passed had absolutely NO EFFECT on the existing and continuing trend is the cost of a premium.

P.S. ACA is aka Obamacare in case you did not know.

Something it has effected is the Drs in rural areas cannot handle the load of new patients. There are not enough Drs to have everyone get equal health care. Just the rush to free checkups has caused our area Drs offices to stop answering the phone and they seem to be hiding from the public. My appointment has been canceled twice. They are over stretched for sure and already tired and caring less about their patients.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: InFriNiTee

The problem with your mechanic analogy is that humans designed cars. We know everything about how all the parts work and how they work together. Humans did NOT however design human biology. If it was designed at all. So accusing a doctor of breaking something else while treating your pain or disease isn't fair. We KNOW if a mechanic breaks something while fixing something because we completely know how cars work. However, the science of human biology changes by the day. The doctor very well may not have known that the treatment being prescribed would result in worse effects elsewhere.

On top of this, you posit that we should be decreasing trial times for these treatments so that they are available sooner. Yet, that plays into the very analogy you are trying to point out to me. By reducing the trial time for these treatments, we will understand how they effect the human body even less. Therefore there is a MUCH greater chance of a side effect making something else work improperly.
edit on 24-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Our leaders we elected to pass and write bills just like this don't seem to be up to the task. I think it's time for them to realize they need to go get a real job and let some others with ideas instead of full diapers make the decisions.

Best comment of the day!

Unfortunately, its become entirely too obvious to a great many of us that the US political system promotes total incompetence to both Congress and the White Hut...........and I don't see ANY fixing that until the entire system comes crashing down under the weight of the Debt bomb! All hail the Debt Bomb!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

We're seeing the same in my area and there's a simple reason. People are fleeing the metro areas at ever increasing rates! Unfortunately, the Doctors aren't following them....for an obvious reason, "Doctoring" is all about getting filthy rich in the shortest possible time........hopefully before the first or second malpractice lawsuit.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
GOP health-care bill: Ryan visits White House to say he lacks support for health-care bill

House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) visited White House at midday Friday to brief President Trump on an overhaul of the nation’s health-care system, amid mounting evidence that enough House Republicans would spurn their pitches and send the bill to defeat.

Ryan was prepared to tell Trump there are not enough votes to pass the legislation, two GOP aides familiar with his plans said. It was unclear whether leaders would proceed with a planned afternoon vote. As Ryan met with Trump at the White House at 1:30 p.m., Press Secretary Sean Spicer said during his daily briefing that a vote would proceed at 3:30 p.m.

A House GOP aide confirmed the expected timing of a vote.

If the bill does not pass Friday, a day after Trump delivered an ultimatum to lawmakers, it would represent multiple failures for the new president and the Republican Congress.

It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Im glad to say that op your are right on the money.

Drinks are on me.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I think there are ideological differences that keep congress from working together for health care coverage. I feel like the Republicans honestly don't care if people are treated like garbage by their health insurance companies and their top priority is instead along the lines of the health insurance companies getting as rich as possible at the expense of those they cover.

Meanwhile, Democrats aren't as realistic about the costs of health coverage as they could be.

There is even some kind of ideological divide within the Republicans over health care, although all I know is that the Freedom Caucus in the House doesn't like Trump's plan.

At the end of the day, even Trump admits he learned a lot from this, so hopefully, it humbles him and makes him better at his job.
edit on 24pmFri, 24 Mar 2017 19:19:27 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This Republican solution to Healthcare vs a Democratic solution crap has got to Stop. Doesn't anyone realize who benefits when the new party in power totally dismantles the old party's health plan? And 4 or 8 years later the cycle repeats?!?

Both parties need to suck up their vast egos and actually work together to get us the best healthcare available to all so that a Major medical issue never bankrupts anyone.

There is no reason our healthcare needs to cost what it does. There are parts of the solution on both sides of the aisle to craft the best possible healthcare plan for the average American. Time for both sides constituents to crack some skulls and get them working together on this.

edit on 24-3-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

You Cannot Fight the Insurance Company and Pharmacutical Lobbyists who have a Death Grip Hold on the Majority of Washington Politicians in both Parties . Congress , nor the Senate would Never Vote to Hold either one of them accountable for the Outrageous Costs of Health Care in America Today . President Trump Tried to make a Deal , but the Deck is Stacked against him . Even his Own Party is Working to Stifle the Changes to the System he Promised to Address on the Campaign trail .

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The point is that if they find a trial that WORKS then it should be administered to the masses, rather than the patent purchased by a pharma corporation that will shelve it in a vault somewhere...

Overall, with the trillions of dollars generated with sickness - it doesn't compare to the wealth that a healthy nation could accumulate. I do believe that the pharma companies want to keep making money on their infeirior products.

I don't believe for one second that we have "the best that's out there". There are hordes of studies that have either shown clinical effectiveness of some treatments, or in some cases the possibility for complete disease reversal (Dr. Denise Faustman's diabetes trial, for example). I've been waiting to see the results of that for 14 years, and they still don't have the funding for Phase 2 of the clinical trial.

That's why I'm saying these things should be shoved through faster (funding wise). As far as the clinical stage, make sure it is safe - and effective, and take as long as it needs to prove both. Just get the money there.

The premise of all of this is the idea that politicians DO get a lot of funding from Big-Pharma and other "special interests". We would see more cures if there was less lobbying in the medical fields.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
My take on this, the Trump administration is all about 'rob the poor, feed the rich'.

It is a win for the Americans that this health care bill was pulled.
Now let's see how it will fare with cutting taxes for the rich.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

At the end of the day, even Trump admits he learned a lot from this, so hopefully, it humbles him and makes him better at his job.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join