It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare is a joke.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Edumakated
I very disappointed in the Republicans. They are allowing the cronyist to mess things up. We have no leadership with a spine in Congress/Senate. Far too many are worried about their seats instead of doing the right thing. The RINOs are once again screwing up things.

Yeah GOD FORBID that the Republicans in Congress care about the people who put them there or anything.

PS: Simply repealing Obamacare, as the Republicans in Congress are quickly learning, will NOT send things back to pre-ACA levels. They will make things worse.

Ummmm, if you would drop your political blinders THAT applies to ALL politicians? I don't recall seeing the Democrats too concerned with the families who were going broke over the ACA due to unreasonable deductibles? So get off your soapbox! The Democrats don't give a damn damn nor care about the people who put them their either!

Our politicians on both sides of the isle are obstructing our government and rule of law instead of working together and actually governing!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Just change the age requirement on Medicaid to allow anyone at any age to buy it. Healthcare problem solved.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

The Democrats paid the price for their hubris already. They were voted out. It's the Republicans' turn to learn that lesson though.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Republican have had 7 years to come up with a better idea. I know there are a few democrats with brains who realized Obamacare wasn't cutting the mustard, so at least a few of them had some time to come up with a better plan. But here we are, with a garbage bill that may in fact be worse than Obama's garbage, and it MUST be passed or Trump's plans are all scrapped? WTF?

I fully get that Trump opened his pie hole and made a promise he had no control over, so he will have to suffer the fallout from that stupidity, but the blame game needs to stop. If you watch, there are lots of idiots talking about how bad this thing is, and NOT ONE of them is offering a solution. News flash, if all you can do is bitch, you aren't helping. I know plenty of folks who can do that. The LEADERS we elected need to LEAD and quit whining.

Our leaders we elected to pass and write bills just like this don't seem to be up to the task. I think it's time for them to realize they need to go get a real job and let some others with ideas instead of full diapers make the decisions.

Republicans claimed on many occasions to have a better plan.
Apparently that was not the case.
If the GOP does not get this right they will lose a large amount of votes.
Pre ACA govt funded healthcare existed(medicare ect). We have an existing law that forces emergency rooms to treat those in need of care.
I did not hear anyone campaign to take away healthcare from the elderly, the disabled, or the poor.
I did not hear anyone campaign to make healthcare less affordable.
I guess we will find out exactly what kind of leader Mr. Trump will be.
He has a majority in both chambers, and the ability to pass whatever they like.
If they screw this up it will be a very long 3 1/2 years.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Anyone that thinks a "for profit" medical system is going to favor the American working man is a special kind of stupid.

Trump knew this going in....I can't believe how so many people were sucked in by his campaign rhetoric.

Anyone that thinks a lobbyist controlled "government" medical system is going to favor the American working man is a special kind of stupid.

Obama knew this going in....I can't believe how so many people were sucked in by his campaign rhetoric.

Now what?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
thehill.com...

“We must have the opportunity to read and understand the final bill before we vote. It's irresponsible to do otherwise,” added conservative Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) in a tweet Thursday night.

Are Ryan and company going to do the exact same thing Pelosi and Reid did?
Really?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
thehill.com...

“We must have the opportunity to read and understand the final bill before we vote. It's irresponsible to do otherwise,” added conservative Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) in a tweet Thursday night.

Really?

Even worse. The ACA was hammered out over 6 months of intense debate and counter-debate. This travesty of a bill looks like it was slapped together in a weekend and has gone through more private changes than most other bills since then.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
thehill.com...

Really?

To be fair in this case , Pelosi said you must pass it to understand it. She mentioned nothing about reading or understanding the bill before passing it.

But yeah lobbyist don't care about which party is in control, since their money doesn't discriminate . You can't fix healthcare until you get special interest and bribery under control in both GOP and DNC congress

edit on 17331America/ChicagoFri, 24 Mar 2017 10:17:09 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Are we tired of winning yet?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Obama so loved the poor he created millions more!

On a more serious note, all I see so far is the two party system that has managed to destroy the Republic continue the status quo, most of us intelligent enough to realize, continue?

Not sure why you might be upset other than the name of the team has changed? As far as business in the beltway? Business as usual......

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I think you are giving Obama too much credit. He may be the lease effective president in my lifetime.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It is a joke. We need to completely change our healthcare and go to socialized medicine at least for a part of it. People can buy extended coverage for dental and eyeglasses and cosmetic surgery and stuff like that. A basic regulated medicare expansion would work well, something to stop all the bankruptcy caused by medical bills. Socialized medicine for the main part with hospitals and major doctors as well paid employees of the system would be nice. Also regulate over profiting by Pharma.

What we have here in the USA is a disaster, even Obamacare was just fuel for the fire. We need to design a new better vehicle all together, not keep dumping Trillions of dollars into a money pit full of greed and deception

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

On a more serious note, all I see so far is the two party system that has managed to destroy the Republic continue the status quo, most of us intelligent enough to realize, continue?

Not sure why you might be upset other than the name of the team has changed? As far as business in the beltway? Business as usual......

I agree with what you said about the two party system. It's what I've been saying for months while everyone shouted at me how different Trump was, and how any traces of Obamacare will be purged from our society and how it will be a bright shiny new day thanks to the "real" Americans being voted into office.

Now, barely 90 days into office it's apparent to anyone but the most cultish followers that nothing is different, only probably worse.

That Trump wants to ram this bill through regardless of its content just so he can use it as a bragging point against Obama is reprehensible, and a slap in the face to every American that depends on it for their healthcare including his own followers.
edit on 24-3-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The best solution would be to cure the most common (not RARE) chronic diseases. Trump said that as one of his campaign promises (that hasn't been kept yet). That is the one and only way to fix the American healthcare problem.
Just diabetes debt amounts to over .3 TRILLION dollars a year. It isn't the diabetics' fault (all of the ones with type one, and lots of the type two diabetics). Will it ever happen? That's the one thing that would get the USA out of debt. I hope I will live to see it, but I'm starting to have my doubts with this whole healthcare fiasco. I AGREE! What a Joke!!! Since Obama and now Trump, I have serious doubts whether I will ever vote again. Maybe I just want to move to a country where a diabetes cure WILL be allowed. If I can dream....

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: InFriNiTee

The best solution would be to cure the most common (not RARE) chronic diseases. Trump said that as one of his campaign promises (that hasn't been kept yet). That is the one and only way to fix the American healthcare problem.
Just diabetes debt amounts to over .3 TRILLION dollars a year. It isn't the diabetics' fault (all of the ones with type one, and lots of the type two diabetics). Will it ever happen? That's the one thing that would get the USA out of debt. I hope I will live to see it, but I'm starting to have my doubts with this whole healthcare fiasco. I AGREE! What a Joke!!! Since Obama and now Trump, I have serious doubts whether I will ever vote again. Maybe I just want to move to a country where a diabetes cure WILL be allowed. If I can dream....

I've been using a diet called Medifast. Very easy and very effective. Slightly expensive. Maybe the government should pay people UBI and give them a bonus if they keep their weight the same or lose weight at the beginning of each year.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
We should raise taxes on the top 1/2 of 1 percent to help offset costs for the poor. Oh wait, that's ACA.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: tribal
the only viable solution is for the government to decriminalize cannabis so the States can create billion dollar, small business cottage industries based on it and use the taxes derived from legal cannabis to bankroll State controlled insurance exchanges bankrolled by the massive tax income brought in by State legal cannabis. Cannabis could almost single handedly pay for some States to have FREE or nearly free health care for everyone. I realize this is a radical departure from our "free market" capitalist system, but since that system hasnt worked AT ALL for the entire history of our country i think its time to try something new.

With you 100%. Of course logistics need to be worked out but the solution to many problems lies in what you said
Legalize it federally for recreation and tax it. Money would come in on trucks man. Local dispensaries. Licensed grow ops. Tax money earned. Money not spent on the Bull# war on drugs. Fewer people in jail. Less time hearing it in court. Free up police time to deal with other crimes.
I'm not positive but I think it's the number one cash crop in this country and it is illegal in most places.
Healthcare issues.....legalize
National debt issues......legalize
Money for military......legalize
I just don't understand.
I know it's not as simple as how I'm going to put it but with a stroke of a pen we could solve some issues.

I really feel that's the answer
edit on 24-3-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Its worth pointing out, that if they are going to pass ANYTHING, just to say that they have replaced the ACA, then they are more interested in appearances than results, which means that they are worthless to the society they serve.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Its worth pointing out, that if they are going to pass ANYTHING, just to say that they have replaced the ACA, then they are more interested in appearances than results, which means that they are worthless to the society they serve.

As with all legislation, there will be WINNERS and LOSERS in society. In the case of the AHCA, the losers will be the relatively poor (Individual earning under $22,000 a year income). The WINNERS will be everyone else.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If 24 million people lost health insurance, less people would be insured pre-ACA. If you think merely JUST the poor will suffer under this draconian bill, then you are foolish or you don't understand math.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join